ImageImageImageImageImage

Shams: Knicks and Trey Burke in Serious Talks on a deal

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,148

Re: Shams: Knicks and Trey Burke in Serious Talks on a deal 

Post#381 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:38 pm

When is this scrub ass scrub going to get signed and join WHG on the bench with all the other scrub ass scrubs?
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#382 » by Red Vines » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:39 pm

JXL wrote:I doubt Trey "I'm the MVP of the G-League" Burke will take away minutes from Jack and Frank.

He's just going to take Sessions' spot on the roster and Coach Hornacek will play him garbage minutes. He calls the shots on the team.

Jeff constantly complains that he has nobody to penetrate the defense and get to the basket, draw your own conclusions.
RealGM
And1: 39,138

Post#383 » by 2010 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:40 pm

reub wrote:
2010 wrote:Look, even if some of us are dead wrong and Burke is this vastly improved shooter and playmaker now. In order to produce and show this newfound ability he'd need an opportunity to earn minutes.

With that said, do you dudes realistically expect Jeff Hornacek to play Burke over Jack or Ntilikina?

I can see Burke taking some of Jack's minutes. Is Jack suddenly something good?

No.

But Hornacek is more stubborn than Jack is good.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
JXL
General Manager
And1: 8,414

Post#384 » by JXL » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:44 pm

Red Vines wrote:
JXL wrote:I doubt Trey "I'm the MVP of the G-League" Burke will take away minutes from Jack and Frank.

He's just going to take Sessions' spot on the roster and Coach Hornacek will play him garbage minutes. He calls the shots on the team.

Jeff constantly complains that he has nobody to penetrate the defense and get to the basket, draw your own conclusions.

CONCLUSION: Until Jeff puts firm belief Trey can be a stable backup, and/or Frank is starting, don't hold your breath.
BIRD UP!
#OGKENOBI

Follow me on X: @sirJXL
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,903

Re: RE: Re: Shams: Knicks and Trey Burke in Serious Talks on a deal 

Post#385 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:49 pm

Red Vines wrote:

Jeff didn't push to keep Burke on the main roster when we first signed him, nor to call Burke up sooner. Draw your own conclusions.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#386 » by Da ThRONe » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:05 pm

GONYK wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
GONYK wrote:
It's the expectation that I'm pushing back on, not replacing Burke with Sessions. For every Galloway and Covington, I can probably name 10 players who tore up the D-League and then got eviscerated in the NBA.

Even with Galloway producing in the G-League, I don't think anyone would have advocated bringing him straight from the D-League to giving him starter's minutes, yet people did it with Jimmer and now Burke.

It's like the most pathetic version of starphucking :lol:

Lol at saying there's something wrong with expecting 4 year vet Burke to play starter mins while pushing to play rookie Ntilikina starter mins. The irony.

Jack is a 14 year vet. By your logic, he's the most qualified person to start.

How did you concluded that my logic waw more time equals more fitting to start? Ntilikina is not only a rookie but a raw prospects. It would make far more sense to start Trey then Frank or Jarrett given the makeup of the team. Burke has meaningful NBA experience and has shown consistent improvement in scoring efficiency in the NBA and G League. On top of his midrange game and ability to penetrate off the dribble. All things Ntilikina has not shown thus far. Ntilikina has improved slowly and his defense is a plus, but the idea that he's more ready to be given starter duty and mins than Burke is laughable at best. And I like Frank overall potential, but his passiveness and raw skillset isn't worthy of starting unless there's no other option.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#387 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Some players need 4 years to prove they are scrubs, some only need one season.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#388 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:09 pm

In the time honored RealGM Knicks tradition of comparing players,who is the bigger scrub?

WHG or Burke?

I'm voting Burke.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,903

Post#389 » by GONYK » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:
GONYK wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
Lol at saying there's something wrong with expecting 4 year vet Burke to play starter mins while pushing to play rookie Ntilikina starter mins. The irony.

Jack is a 14 year vet. By your logic, he's the most qualified person to start.

How did you concluded that my logic waw more time equals more fitting to start? Ntilikina is not only a rookie but a raw prospects. It would make far more sense to start Trey then Frank or Jarrett given the makeup of the team. Burke has meaningful NBA experience and has shown consistent improvement in scoring efficiency in the NBA and G League. On top of his midrange game and ability to penetrate off the dribble. All things Ntilikina has not shown thus far. Ntilikina has improved slowly and his defense is a plus, but the idea that he's more ready to be given starter duty and mins than Burke is laughable at best. And I like Frank overall potential, but his passiveness and raw skillset isn't worthy of starting unless there's no other option.

What does current level of readiness have to do with anything?

Because Frank is the future and his development takes priority to giving a D-Leaguer a third chance to reclaim his career.

Once again, Jack is the most ready player at the position if that's the only consideration.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,451

Post#390 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:27 pm

2010 wrote:Look, even if some of us are dead wrong and Burke is this vastly improved shooter and playmaker now. In order to produce and show this newfound ability he'd need an opportunity to earn minutes.

With that said, do you dudes realistically expect Jeff Hornacek to play Burke over Jack or Ntilikina?

Not right away. I think the coaching staff and front office will study Burke in practice first and maybe during extended garbage' time in a blow out. They'll see how he does in practice and go from there.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,451

Post#391 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:32 pm

It's starting to happen ... No wonder Clyde_Style decided to take off this month.

Free Palestine
reub
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,309

Post#392 » by reub » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:34 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Not right away. I think the coaching staff and front office will study Burke in practice first and maybe during extended garbage' time in a blow out. They'll see how he does in practice and go from there.

I wonder if Burke has already practiced with them being that they play in the same city. Is that even allowed?
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#393 » by fatalogic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:45 pm

reub wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

I wonder if Burke has already practiced with them being that they play in the same city. Is that even allowed?

I'm not sure but I don't think they can unless they have a 2 way contract.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#394 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:53 pm

I wish they'd call him up already so I can turn on him for not living up to the hype
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,146

Post#395 » by Fat Kat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:08 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
NYKnickerbocker
RealGM
And1: 13,479

Post#396 » by NYKnickerbocker » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Some players need 4 years to prove they are scrubs, some only need one season.

It took kemba 4 seasons to stop being a horrid scorer. Some guys need time. Now I don't think trey is gunna be anything remotely close. But some guards need time to adjust

This board proabably would've traded kemba after his rookie season. Let alone 4 seasons of sub 50 ts%
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#397 » by Knicksfan20 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 am

Burke about to cook
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#398 » by Red Vines » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:36 am

He'll definitely get every opportunity to succeed. Have to realize this is Perry's personal Michigan project, he's from Michigan, his dad was a star at UM and he coached there, he set this whole comeback project up with Burke to get to this point. This is not a random "Hey, let's try out this dude who's doing well in Westchester..." This was orchestrated by Perry.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,146

Post#399 » by Fat Kat » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:37 am

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#400 » by Jay10 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:42 am

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's already a plus since Jack never takes the open 3 pointer, but instead steps inches inside the 3 point line to take a long 2 pointer

Return to New York Knicks