ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks bulls game thread 7:30 P.M 1/10

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,924

Re: PG: Knicks bulls game thread 7:30 P.M 1/10 

Post#621 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:46 pm

let's not forget that we were also good with tim playing, and he's coming back. that could be a spark that puts them back over .500 and into the playoff picture. if so, works for me too.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,202

Post#622 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:01 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Winning would be good, but the issue is we are not that good of a team and a good chance we will still miss the playoffs even if we try our hardest. We were winning early mostly because KP was putting up MVP type numbers, and it just wasn’t sustainable.

We should try to set ourselves up better for the future even if it means losing more this year. Focus on development, play the young guys more and if we can trade vets for picks/assets.

agreed. we don't try to lose on purpose, but we might as well be playing the kids as much as possible. pack up the vets or let them assistant coach from the bench like marcus camby, rasheed wallace, and kurt thomas.

i think i've seen enough of this group to know we most likely fall short of the playoffs as is. rather not throw the baby out with the bath water.

if the kids are good enough to push for the playoffs, i'm good with that. i'm also good with their truth being that dreaded 9th seed we all seem to fear. at least it'd be their doing.

i don't see any FA targets worth pursuing for the next couple of offseasons. i'm sure perry is pondering beneficial trades. in which case, we need to get the most out of our assets. so i'm also cool with some vets playing now if they're getting cashed out by the deadline.

Yeah and agreed on the free agent part. I would even look to take back contracts if we can get assets worthwhile. I would be on the phone with the Lakers for Deng. Send them Lance Thomas and some expirings. See if we can get a future pick or some of their young players.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,924

Post#623 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:21 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Winning would be good, but the issue is we are not that good of a team and a good chance we will still miss the playoffs even if we try our hardest. We were winning early mostly because KP was putting up MVP type numbers, and it just wasn’t sustainable.

We should try to set ourselves up better for the future even if it means losing more this year. Focus on development, play the young guys more and if we can trade vets for picks/assets.

agreed. we don't try to lose on purpose, but we might as well be playing the kids as much as possible. pack up the vets or let them assistant coach from the bench like marcus camby, rasheed wallace, and kurt thomas.

i think i've seen enough of this group to know we most likely fall short of the playoffs as is. rather not throw the baby out with the bath water.

if the kids are good enough to push for the playoffs, i'm good with that. i'm also good with their truth being that dreaded 9th seed we all seem to fear. at least it'd be their doing.

i don't see any FA targets worth pursuing for the next couple of offseasons. i'm sure perry is pondering beneficial trades. in which case, we need to get the most out of our assets. so i'm also cool with some vets playing now if they're getting cashed out by the deadline.

Yeah and agreed on the free agent part. I would even look to take back contracts if we can get assets worthwhile. I would be on the phone with the Lakers for Deng. Send them Lance Thomas and some expirings. See if we can get a future pick or some of their young players.

i'd put a 2020 cap on moves like that. and i'd sit KP down to let him know we'd have money to spend in 2020 and beyond to help him as he looks to retire a knick.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.

Return to New York Knicks