ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, Capn'O, magnumt, Deeeez Knicks, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, King of Canada, Thorn

Jay10
RealGM
Posts: 28,776
And1: 4,833
Joined: Feb 01, 2010
Location: New York

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#201 » by Jay10 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 am

HEZI wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
No, it's because he has to play an 82 game season. You guys act like he's out there chasing Klay Thompson and Steph Curry every night. He's in the NBA and needs to deal with it, there is gonna be offensive talent for him to expand energy defending no matter what position it is. He's gonna get tired, players get tired, all of them. The mentally tough ones know how to dig deep and keep going, it's the mentally weak ones that quit. KP needs to get in better NBA shape and needs to also get mentally tougher to be an NBA star. Whoever told him that shyt was gonna be easy and a walk in the park lied to him.


If players have nutritionists available to them 24/7 to help them lose weight, you don't think they also have nutritionists available to them to make sure they gain/sustain weight throughout the season?


What's that gotta do with who he's guarding on defense?


Which position is the most active: center or power forward?

It's the same reason people would constantly complain that #7 should be playing power forward instead of small forward.

His energy is being wasted guarding power forward.
Thugger HBC
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 43,914
And1: 11,321
Joined: Jan 14, 2011
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?
       

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#202 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
its top to bottom at this point

front office has no direction

coaching staff is coaching for its life with no important of player development

players are playing ISO ball and not focused on defense.

NO identity, direction, or future at this point in my opinion until major freaking changes happen.

Jeff should have been canned when Phil was. You actually justified why they didn't. Dont think I forgot fam. :lol:


i did, that was my bad. I didn't think Jeff was this much of a clown in terms of only caring about wins and not caring about player development.

The front office said they want as much but the product on the court says the complete opposite.


Jeff was trash in Phx too, that one year didn't fool me. I did give him a shot here but once I saw he ran no offense, I turned on him early last year and haven't looked back.

From the front office though....what exactly did they say that isn't happening though?

The focus is KP...check.

The team for the most part does give effort....check.

Lance plays because of defensive reasons....check.

Perry thought this team would be bad....they are now especially and certainly will be by the time the season is over.

You wanna see young guys play that quite honestly haven't really earned it.

Willy should be in the showcase with Dotson.
If winning matters, the role shouldn't.....the results should.

The ...02% of the fanbse be like...http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1542565&start=140#start_here
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 23,373
And1: 12,281
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#203 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 am

Mecca wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Mecca wrote:Taking this here because it's wrong




Those are 6th man numbers?? What's wrong with you?

That's 20/5/4/1.4 SPG with good peripheral numbers. If he gave me that for an entire season, that's top 8ish SG #'s and that's around where I'd rank him. He's not a 6th man. He's a 3rd/4th best player on a contender. We need to hit in the draft one more year.


No you’re wrong.

Top 8 SG?

Harden
Butler
Klay
Derozan
Beal
McCollum
Oladipo
Booker

Who’s he better than?

Edit - I put up this year initially

Eric Gordon’s #’s last year

16.2 PPG 2.7 RPG 2.2 APG 0.6 SPG
41% FG% 37% 3PT% 84% FT%

He just won the award.

THJ could be that for us.


No, you're wrong. You just said 20/5/4/1.4 are 6th man numbers. Take a lap. I've had enough trying to speak sense into you.

I'll throw a little more whipped cream on my argument. You're paying 16 mil per for THJ. You can't dip back into FA and spend at SG. Secondly, you can't burn a top 10 pick on one when you have THJ.

Lastly, his numbers have proven he's a top 10-12 SG in the NBA. Maybe 8 was high, but 10? That's where he is. Why do you hate to admit that you're wrong sometimes. You get so cranky


I see this is your go to defense mechanism when you get proven wrong. Some version of “why you getting tight?”.

Eric Gordon put up big numbers last season and won 6th man of the year.

Throw out your good numbers means he has to start argument.

HOU had the best SG in the NBA and still went and spent 50 mil+ on another SG. And they went and traded for another one in Lou Will.

Throw out your can’t double dip on SGs argument.

Eric Gordon is in the top 10-12 SGs.

Throw out your “where you rank amongst SGs should dictate if you start” argument.

I’m not getting tight. I even conceded THJ could prove me wrong. I’m just systematically backing my point with facts, not just opinions.

You sound like you’re getting a little emo b/c I keep proving my point instead of blindly buying your opinion as gospel.

It’s not that serious homey
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
mpharris36
RealGM
Posts: 48,131
And1: 20,221
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#204 » by mpharris36 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 am

Greenie wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Hey


its top to bottom at this point

front office has no direction

coaching staff is coaching for its life with no important of player development

players are playing ISO ball and not focused on defense.

NO identity, direction, or future at this point in my opinion until major freaking changes happen.


You do remember I was against all of this **** from the jump right?

I wanted Jeff gone last year with Phil.

I wanted an actual rebuild.

I wanted all of these fuqing vets gone outside of Noah(he's untradable).

I was in here fighting when we kept both Jack and Sessions.

I'm Greenie...


many of us wanted a legit rebuild...NY never does it though

no matter what clowns we have in charge...
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/Noah Vonleh/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Dahntay Jones
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 23,373
And1: 12,281
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#205 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:34 am

Billy Goat wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Just referring to the obvious warning signs with Porzingis. Phil saw right through his bull


No he didn’t :lol:


He wanted to trade him.


Which is it b/c I keep getting different reports from the triangle tribe.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 23,297
And1: 6,290
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#206 » by HEZI » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:36 am

Jay10 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
If players have nutritionists available to them 24/7 to help them lose weight, you don't think they also have nutritionists available to them to make sure they gain/sustain weight throughout the season?


What's that gotta do with who he's guarding on defense?


Which position is the most active: center or power forward?

It's the same reason people would constantly complain that #7 should be playing power forward instead of small forward.


They're both active. You think centers would give KP less of a workout? Ha! Yeah right.

Ok, lets say KP plays center, that means tonight he's guarding KAT instead of Taj Gibson. How is that a less active assignment?

Next game he's gotta guard Cousins. Have fun with that KP, try not to sweat too much
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Sindarius Thornwell / G.Hen
SF: Andre Iguodala / Darius Miller / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 23,373
And1: 12,281
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#207 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:36 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:ON THE ROAD 19-63!!!!!!!!!!!!


Frank Baker
THJ Dotson
Doncic MCD
Patton
KP WHG

Next year if we’re smart and lucky

Justin patton?


Yeah I say trade Lee for him and one of their dead weight guys like Aldrich. I wanted to give them LFT too but I dream too big.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 23,373
And1: 12,281
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#208 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 am

Iron Mantis wrote:Knicks don't always take L's.

But when they do, it's with their "trusty" ol' vets.

Stay tanking, Jeff.

Image


We’re really developing Jack and the old fogies well. Can’t wait for it to pay dividends down the line.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
Jay10
RealGM
Posts: 28,776
And1: 4,833
Joined: Feb 01, 2010
Location: New York

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#209 » by Jay10 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:38 am

HEZI wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
What's that gotta do with who he's guarding on defense?


Which position is the most active: center or power forward?

It's the same reason people would constantly complain that #7 should be playing power forward instead of small forward.


They're both active. You think centers would give KP less of a workout? Ha! Yeah right.

Ok, lets say KP plays center, that means tonight he's guarding KAT instead of Taj Gibson. How is that a less active assignment?

Next game he's gotta guard Cousins. Have fun with that KP, try not to sweat too much


You are viewing him playing center at his current weight, while i am viewing him playing the position with more weight.
User avatar
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
Posts: 16,638
And1: 13,081
Joined: Dec 05, 2014
   

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#210 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:39 am

Minny trading KAT for Blake would’ve been dumb as hell
Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 18,571
And1: 11,436
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#211 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:39 am

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Frank Baker
THJ Dotson
Doncic MCD
Patton
KP WHG

Next year if we’re smart and lucky

Justin patton?


Yeah I say trade Lee for him and one of their dead weight guys like Aldrich. I wanted to give them LFT too but I dream too big.

i like Patton a lot. i wonder if thibs would be willing to give him up
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/A Brooks/D Will
SG: Josh Jackson/Dwayne Bacon/Bryn Forbes
SF: Jayson Tatum/Shabazz Muhammad/Glenn Robinson III
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 38,864
And1: 21,786
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: Let's stop and get a hot dog
 

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#212 » by Capn'O » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:39 am

The wheels are falling off with Hornacek at the helm.

I'll allow it. We're supposed to be bad this year. Let smiley finish out the year por favor.

We do need to sell though.
Image
User avatar
RHODEY
Head Coach
Posts: 6,657
And1: 1,868
Joined: May 18, 2007

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#213 » by RHODEY » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 am

Adelheid wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
April madness wrote:I just hope KP says this loss is on him. Apart from the 1st quarter, he was bad tonight. Nothing new there, he needs his conditioning and strength at much higher level. That would solve a lot of his problems.



I remember watching something years ago about Blake Griffin's trainer. Made him spend a summer doing steep hill sprints in the sand. The guy came back that year and was jumping through the roof. Mentally KP seems like he wants to disappear sometimes,,,,


I've seen some NBA dudes training under a skills trainer who is wearing something to cover his entire face. The trainer is said to be handing out brutal training tasks that can truly make someone giveup.


That would be perfect . He's needs training that will boost his motor and mental toughness simultaneously. I cant read KP 's mind I but when he gets like this , I imagine him thinking..."Oh no not the anemia again...". Now to add to that ,he's trying to create too much at times. I still believe KP has huge potential but he needs to work , maybe he needs some humility (missing the ALlstar game might work), dump his brother and get with someone who will make him uncomfortable.

PS its so obviously what Timmy adds to this squad.
HEZI
RealGM
Posts: 23,297
And1: 6,290
Joined: Nov 16, 2004
 

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#214 » by HEZI » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:40 am

Jay10 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
Which position is the most active: center or power forward?

It's the same reason people would constantly complain that #7 should be playing power forward instead of small forward.


They're both active. You think centers would give KP less of a workout? Ha! Yeah right.

Ok, lets say KP plays center, that means tonight he's guarding KAT instead of Taj Gibson. How is that a less active assignment?

Next game he's gotta guard Cousins. Have fun with that KP, try not to sweat too much


You are viewing him playing center at his current weight, while i am viewing him playing the position with more weight.


So why are we talking about it now like he's capable? Let me know when his brother allows him to add weight and play center then we can start talking about it, until then he is who he is right now.
DENVER NUGGETS

PG: John Wall / Reggie Jackson / Devin Harris
SG: Demar Derozan / Joe Harris / Sindarius Thornwell / G.Hen
SF: Andre Iguodala / Darius Miller / Josh Huestis
PF: Trevor Booker / Ryan Anderson
C: Brook Lopez / Tarik Black / Willie Reed
User avatar
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
Posts: 16,638
And1: 13,081
Joined: Dec 05, 2014
   

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#215 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:41 am

KP will get worn down playing C instead of PF, but for different reasons

early January and KP was already complaining about being tired, sh*t is crazy
Image
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 23,373
And1: 12,281
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#216 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Justin patton?


Yeah I say trade Lee for him and one of their dead weight guys like Aldrich. I wanted to give them LFT too but I dream too big.

i like Patton a lot. i wonder if thibs would be willing to give him up


Some media guy was trying to take a jab at them for not taking Collins and the guy who covers MIN said they see him as a potential Chris Bosh type player.

Idk if he made that up or if it’s true. If it is, they probably won’t for a role player like Lee. I hope I’m wrong though.

Get me the shorter contracts / assets / prospects. Enough of this farce of a rebuild.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 18,825
And1: 11,049
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#217 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:42 am

waya wrote:Can we at least lose with young players instead of losing with old phucks now?



Nah. I want the Knicks to field the oldest rotation possible

PG:Jack
SG:CLee
C: Noah
SF:Beasley
PF:LFT
User avatar
Red Vines
RealGM
Posts: 31,138
And1: 6,907
Joined: Jun 26, 2005
Location: On Charlie V's toilet.
     

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#218 » by Red Vines » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 am

I don't care who plays at this point but we need more speed, playmaking, and overall talent. It's more the limitations of the older players that bothers me than their age.
Tanking is just your safe space.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 23,373
And1: 12,281
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#219 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:43 am

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:Minny trading KAT for Blake would’ve been dumb as hell


And shows how unrealistic LAC is on Blake. He’s good but KAT is a stud on a rookie deal. At this rat he’ll be pushing for All NBA this season
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 23,373
And1: 12,281
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#220 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:44 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
waya wrote:Can we at least lose with young players instead of losing with old phucks now?



Nah. I want the Knicks to field the oldest rotation possible

PG:Jack
SG:CLee
C: Noah
SF:Beasley
PF:LFT


You laugh but that’s coming if we continue to struggle. The other 4 are already entrenched in the rotation.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af

Return to New York Knicks