ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, j4remi, mpharris36, Thorn, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, GONYK, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 24,528
And1: 16,399
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#221 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:44 am

Capn'O wrote:The wheels are falling off with Hornacek at the helm.

I'll allow it. We're supposed to be bad this year. Let smiley finish out the year por favor.

We do need to sell though.


Most damaging trades to Knick wins:

Trade CLee
Trade KOQ
User avatar
Adelheid
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,765
And1: 1,477
Joined: Jul 10, 2014
 

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#222 » by Adelheid » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:48 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Capn'O wrote:The wheels are falling off with Hornacek at the helm.

I'll allow it. We're supposed to be bad this year. Let smiley finish out the year por favor.

We do need to sell though.


Most damaging trades to Knick wins:

Trade CLee
Trade KOQ


If those trades happen, we might see ourselves high along the tank standings
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 24,528
And1: 16,399
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#223 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:50 am

Adelheid wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Capn'O wrote:The wheels are falling off with Hornacek at the helm.

I'll allow it. We're supposed to be bad this year. Let smiley finish out the year por favor.

We do need to sell though.


Most damaging trades to Knick wins:

Trade CLee
Trade KOQ


If those trades happen, we might see ourselves high along the tank standings


Exactly. CLee is the most reliable outside shooter (not saying much). Trading him would help to kill both spacing and defense. YES!
Trading KOQ would lower overall team defense, rebounding and 2nd unit scoring. YES!
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 27,410
And1: 15,147
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#224 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:51 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Capn'O wrote:The wheels are falling off with Hornacek at the helm.

I'll allow it. We're supposed to be bad this year. Let smiley finish out the year por favor.

We do need to sell though.


Most damaging trades to Knick wins:

Trade CLee
Trade KOQ


That’s why it probably won’t happen. They want as many wins as possible no matter the cost.

They just don’t get it
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 24,528
And1: 16,399
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#225 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 am

Also, trade Beasley. No scoring punch off the bench please. That has already accidentally won a game or two. No more of that. If need be, release him.
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,654
And1: 18,625
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#226 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 am

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Yeah I say trade Lee for him and one of their dead weight guys like Aldrich. I wanted to give them LFT too but I dream too big.

i like Patton a lot. i wonder if thibs would be willing to give him up


Some media guy was trying to take a jab at them for not taking Collins and the guy who covers MIN said they see him as a potential Chris Bosh type player.

Idk if he made that up or if it’s true. If it is, they probably won’t for a role player like Lee. I hope I’m wrong though.

Get me the shorter contracts / assets / prospects. Enough of this farce of a rebuild.

i doubt it it's true

thibs going all in to win. he doesn't have time to develop a rookie, especially one coming off a major injury. lee would actually be great for them now that I think about it. i like this idea a lot
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
Jay10
RealGM
Posts: 29,874
And1: 5,539
Joined: Feb 01, 2010
Location: New York

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#227 » by Jay10 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:52 am

Kristaps is going to make building around him difficult if he's adamant in never moving to center.

If he moves to center, the team could then build a team of 3 point shooters, which would give him all the space he needs

or

The Knicks now have to draft a player with a style similar to Durant, who could play center and be a threat from the 3 point line.

Good luck finding that player with a style similar to Durant. :(
User avatar
TheGreenArrow
Analyst
Posts: 3,448
And1: 2,450
Joined: Sep 13, 2017

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#228 » by TheGreenArrow » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:53 am

Read on Twitter


Dont know this guy but this is how i see it.

ON THE ROAD TO 19-63!!!!!
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 14,360
And1: 7,307
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#229 » by Phish Tank » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:56 am

send Jeff and Haarlow back to Chicago
CMFGB/SMFPB

Wingspandia

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Robinson/Galloway
SG: Hield/Kevin Huerter/Waiters
SF: Oubre/Snell/Brewer
PF: Randle/Bender/Robert Williams
C: Willy/Dirk/Leuer

Exempt: Thomas Bryant, Edy Tavares
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 27,410
And1: 15,147
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#230 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:56 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:i like Patton a lot. i wonder if thibs would be willing to give him up


Some media guy was trying to take a jab at them for not taking Collins and the guy who covers MIN said they see him as a potential Chris Bosh type player.

Idk if he made that up or if it’s true. If it is, they probably won’t for a role player like Lee. I hope I’m wrong though.

Get me the shorter contracts / assets / prospects. Enough of this farce of a rebuild.

i doubt it it's true

thibs going all in to win. he doesn't have time to develop a rookie, especially one coming off a major injury. lee would actually be great for them now that I think about it. i like this idea a lot


Let’s hope it happens. It would be such a breath of fresh air from the usual approach we take.

How high are you on Patton? Who do you think is his comp?
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 24,528
And1: 16,399
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#231 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:02 am

Jay10 wrote:Kristaps is going to make building around him difficult if he's adamant in never moving to center.

If he moves to center, the team could then build a team of 3 point shooters, which would give him all the space he needs

or

The Knicks now have to draft a player with a style similar to Durant, who could play center and be a threat from the 3 point line.

Good luck finding that player with a style similar to Durant. :(


KP's going to be a challenge to build around no matter what. On the plus side, he brings true shot altering to PF and some of that stretch game, at the same time.

The downsides are too numerous to mention. To weak for C, doesn't rebound that well, too tall (possibly) for PF, not dominant in any facet of the game - so do you use him to stretch, to post, to drive? Who knows. Seems apparent he can't log a lot of minutes too.

Who was that guy who got hyped as a star on Minny but wound up being best used as a 3rd option?

KP starting to seem Kevin Love like in career arc. :D

Ok, that's a bit harsh. But I wonder. But as far as KP - do you go for a Milsap like PF who plays inside? Do you go for an Oakley enforcer type who rebounds a ton and can knock down jumpers so KP can play inside? Knicks need to choose correctly.

I'd say draft a 4 who is strong post player, play KP outside on offense, let KP guard the paint on defense but be able to switch with the 4 who is capable of guarding most 5's.

And get shooters. Every team needs shooters. KP can be one of them helping the post PF, and then they can all help KP when he (rarely) posts. And like was said, have him flash into places, catch and shoot.

No more dribbling KP. Stop it. You aren't good at it. It's embarrassing.
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 20,376
And1: 19,991
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#232 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:03 am

Read on Twitter




Image
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: Money Mitch | T.Maker
PF M.Bagley | M.Chriss
SF B. Ingram | T. Brown Jr
SG K. Middleton | Marshon Brooks
PG E.Payton | M.Fultz
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 27,410
And1: 15,147
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#233 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:04 am

Lee CHI 2nd for Aldrich / Patton

KOQ for Ajinca / Jackson

Frank Jackson Baker
THJ Dotson
Doncic MCD
Patton
KP WHG
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,654
And1: 18,625
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#234 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:09 am

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Some media guy was trying to take a jab at them for not taking Collins and the guy who covers MIN said they see him as a potential Chris Bosh type player.

Idk if he made that up or if it’s true. If it is, they probably won’t for a role player like Lee. I hope I’m wrong though.

Get me the shorter contracts / assets / prospects. Enough of this farce of a rebuild.

i doubt it it's true

thibs going all in to win. he doesn't have time to develop a rookie, especially one coming off a major injury. lee would actually be great for them now that I think about it. i like this idea a lot


Let’s hope it happens. It would be such a breath of fresh air from the usual approach we take.

How high are you on Patton? Who do you think is his comp?

kinda like a poor mans KAT (i suck at comparisons so bare with me lol)

i do think he can be a reaaallly good backup big though. not sure he can be a starter cause of his rebounding issues
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 24,528
And1: 16,399
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#235 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:11 am

Knicks coaching staff needs to bring a cattle prod to practice and shock KP every time he dribbles the ball. Drastic methods are needed.
Jay10
RealGM
Posts: 29,874
And1: 5,539
Joined: Feb 01, 2010
Location: New York

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#236 » by Jay10 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:12 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Jay10 wrote:Kristaps is going to make building around him difficult if he's adamant in never moving to center.

If he moves to center, the team could then build a team of 3 point shooters, which would give him all the space he needs

or

The Knicks now have to draft a player with a style similar to Durant, who could play center and be a threat from the 3 point line.

Good luck finding that player with a style similar to Durant. :(


KP's going to be a challenge to build around no matter what. On the plus side, he brings true shot altering to PF and some of that stretch game, at the same time.

The downsides are too numerous to mention. To weak for C, doesn't rebound that well, too tall (possibly) for PF, not dominant in any facet of the game - so do you use him to stretch, to post, to drive? Who knows. Seems apparent he can't log a lot of minutes too.

Who was that guy who got hyped as a star on Minny but wound up being best used as a 3rd option?

KP starting to seem Kevin Love like in career arc. :D

Ok, that's a bit harsh. But I wonder. But as far as KP - do you go for a Milsap like PF who plays inside? Do you go for an Oakley enforcer type who rebounds a ton and can knock down jumpers so KP can play inside? Knicks need to choose correctly.

I'd say draft a 4 who is strong post player, play KP outside on offense, let KP guard the paint on defense but be able to switch with the 4 who is capable of guarding most 5's.

And get shooters. Every team needs shooters. KP can be one of them helping the post PF, and then they can all help KP when he (rarely) posts. And like was said, have him flash into places, catch and shoot.

No more dribbling KP. Stop it. You aren't good at it. It's embarrassing.


Or i guess do what has been mentioned here and on twitter, and go after Julius Randle, who could play the 4/5 on defense and 5 on offense.

:banghead: @ going from a player who didn't want to play the 4, to a player who doesn't want to play the 5.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 50,790
And1: 8,724
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#237 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:13 am

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Frank Baker
THJ Dotson
Doncic MCD
Patton
KP WHG

Next year if we’re smart and lucky

Justin patton?


Yeah I say trade Lee for him and one of their dead weight guys like Aldrich. I wanted to give them LFT too but I dream too big.

Nice try. No Patton without Frank.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 27,410
And1: 15,147
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#238 » by dakomish23 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 am

Klomp wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Justin patton?


Yeah I say trade Lee for him and one of their dead weight guys like Aldrich. I wanted to give them LFT too but I dream too big.

Nice try. No Patton without Frank.


No Frank without KAT

Maybe we’d settle for Butler.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,664
And1: 11,256
Joined: May 26, 2008
   

Re: Knicks Wolves PG- Newports Edition 

Post#239 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:16 am

dakomish23 wrote:
Mecca wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
No you’re wrong.

Top 8 SG?

Harden
Butler
Klay
Derozan
Beal
McCollum
Oladipo
Booker

Who’s he better than?

Edit - I put up this year initially

Eric Gordon’s #’s last year

16.2 PPG 2.7 RPG 2.2 APG 0.6 SPG
41% FG% 37% 3PT% 84% FT%

He just won the award.

THJ could be that for us.


No, you're wrong. You just said 20/5/4/1.4 are 6th man numbers. Take a lap. I've had enough trying to speak sense into you.

I'll throw a little more whipped cream on my argument. You're paying 16 mil per for THJ. You can't dip back into FA and spend at SG. Secondly, you can't burn a top 10 pick on one when you have THJ.

Lastly, his numbers have proven he's a top 10-12 SG in the NBA. Maybe 8 was high, but 10? That's where he is. Why do you hate to admit that you're wrong sometimes. You get so cranky


I see this is your go to defense mechanism when you get proven wrong. Some version of “why you getting tight?”.

Eric Gordon put up big numbers last season and won 6th man of the year.

Throw out your good numbers means he has to start argument.

HOU had the best SG in the NBA and still went and spent 50 mil+ on another SG. And they went and traded for another one in Lou Will.

Throw out your can’t double dip on SGs argument.

Eric Gordon is in the top 10-12 SGs.

Throw out your “where you rank amongst SGs should dictate if you start” argument.

I’m not getting tight. I even conceded THJ could prove me wrong. I’m just systematically backing my point with facts, not just opinions.

You sound like you’re getting a little emo b/c I keep proving my point instead of blindly buying your opinion as gospel.

It’s not that serious homey



Naah, the funny thing is, that's what you really do. You get your panties in a bunch whenever someone proves you wrong, thus you land in a lot of arguments.

You asked to "systematically back up your points with facts." First off, systematically doesn't even work in that sentence so stop trying to use larger words to make your point more accurate. Newsflash, that's not how it works. Go ask any Law student or journalism professor. The first thing they'll tell you is how to say more with less.

Lastly, THJ has posted 20/5/4 and 1.4 SPG with good peripheral percentages and you keep saying those numbers are "6th man" numbers. On what team? lol JR Smith was never as consistent as THJ has been since he got the jitters out of his system.

You want a 3 and D guy next to Frank. You'd get smoked trying to compete in the "build a teams" by us if that's your idea. Frank needs an assertive 2 guard that is going to penetrate and shoot difficult shots when no one is open. You put Frank with a 3 and D guy and you're not getting any dribble penetration outside of your guards and most likely you're getting a lack of scoring.

You're wrong dakomish. I mostly avoid confrontations with you because you always think you're right. Ask the majority of this board if THJ is a 6th man or starting caliber player. I'd make a sig bet for a month with you that the majority would say he's a starting caliber player.

Lastly, EG is 6'3 and was a starter his entire career. He moved to the 6th man because Beverley was the perfect fit for Harden, they had no backup PG, and this year CP3 is a starter. Timmy is better than EG.

No, I won't throw out my argument about double dipping in FA at SG because you already allocated 16 million per of cap space to him. You wanna throw another 12 at Avery Bradley and spend 30 million on SG next year? Ok Isiah Thomas.

But yeah, 20/5/4 1.4 SPG 45% from the field 36% from 3 are 6th man numbers. :lol: :roll:

Lets make a bet that more people think THJ is a starter than a 6th man.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Trey Burke(6th)
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Wade Baldwin
3 | Caris LeVert | Garrett Temple | Jarell Martin
4 | Trey Lyles | Derrick Jones. Jr | Ivan Rabb
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner | Salah Mejri
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 50,790
And1: 8,724
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Contact:
   

Re: PG: Knicks Wolves - Newports Edition 

Post#240 » by Klomp » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:20 am

Red Vines wrote:
Jay10 wrote:
Read on Twitter


KAT not a Thibs fan and vice versa evidently.

Where do you get that from?
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Return to New York Knicks