ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to start trading...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

nyk2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 765

Time to start trading... 

Post#1 » by nyk2017 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:49 pm

... and play for a better draft position. Watching these games, I get the feeling that KP would be a great #2 option, THJr/Kanter a 3rd option and Frank #4. That leaves us with a need for a legitimate #1. We could get that through the draft or FA. I think draft would be our best chance. We should trade Lee, KOQ, Lance, Jack for future assets whether it is late 1st round, 2nd rd.
The_Special_One
Sixth Man
And1: 2,201

Re: Time to start trading... 

Post#2 » by The_Special_One » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:34 am

They should. They won't.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#3 » by taj2133 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:36 am

wait after this 7 game road trip then we will see what happens
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#4 » by WargamesX » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:47 am

taj2133 wrote:wait after this 7 game road trip then we will see what happens

I would prefer they do the move before the road trip. That way there is a legit excuse if we come back 2-5 or worse
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#5 » by IAmTheBest » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:50 am

You're watching a 22 year old KP who is still developing physically and just came back from a deep run in an international tournament.

He's having stamina issues. Everything else from his mentality, work ethic, increasing skill is there.

Not saying we necessarily shouldnt be tanking but to write him off as a 2nd option just like this is sad. It means you are nothing but the caricature of the impatient, short sighted Knick fan that everyone else draws of us.
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,688

Post#6 » by shtolky » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:02 am

nyk2017 wrote:... and play for a better draft position. Watching these games, I get the feeling that KP would be a great #2 option, THJr/Kanter a 3rd option and Frank #4. That leaves us with a need for a legitimate #1. We could get that through the draft or FA. I think draft would be our best chance. We should trade Lee, KOQ, Lance, Jack for future assets whether it is late 1st round, 2nd rd.

Nobody is making trades yet. You also assume we can get assets for those players. Why would anyone give up a decent asset for those guys you mentioned? KOQ is opting out this summer and will be a UFA. Lance and Jack getting assets back? If anyone is going to get assets back, MAYBE, it's Lee and/or Willy. We don't have to do much, we are already bad enough for a good pick. We have three guys as a foundation in KP, Frank, THJ. We have three picks this summer, and can have lots of space in 2019 if we stretch Noah. No reason to go nuts. We won't be a contender with trades and we have good draft pick assets. Our record is bad but it is not time to panic. That's the result of having our best two assets at 22 and 19.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#7 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 am

Sounds great. I doubt it happens. I want to believe(but seriously doubt) the FO would have the balls to really develop a young team and shoot for one more high lottery pick. That was the dream all summer. That was their mission statement. That was sort of happening until Timmy went down.

Minus Dotson and Billy everyone 25 and under was playing and contributing to wins. Looked like there was a foundation to work with.

Then it all went away. Losing Timmy opened up the flood gates. Dotson was given a shot and then exiled after 2 games. Billy has been a distant memory. They both should have been in Westchester getting playing time and working on their games. Beasley/MFLFT went from splitting back up minutes to starting and getting major roles. Sessions was getting minutes. Noah got a taste. The losses have been piling up. The kids were an afterthought.

They went from competing for the 4 seed and picking 24th I think...to being the 10 seed and picking 12th losing with vets instead of kids. I appreciated the earn your minutes idea when we were winning. :lol: I'm so done with watching MFLFT play. Beasley giving a few good games and a few really bad ones. He had a nice little stretch but, I've seen enough. He's a bench guy and nothing more. I don't want to see him starting anymore.

5 games under .500 and we are only 4 games out of the 6 seed. I have a feeling that they still think the playoffs are a better idea than the lottery. I hope I'm wrong but, I can see them focusing on the playoff push as the deadline expires and, miss a chance to get whatever we can for whatever vets we can. Probably missing the playoffs as well. That treadmill team scenario.

I'm also thinking Jeff is not the guy going forward. I don't know who is but, he's beginning to lose my support with his decision making the last couple of weeks. I don't like how he's using KP at all. I don't like stagnation of Franks development. He's not making any strides at all offensively. I don't like his lineups or substitutions lately either.

Just another year where things go from positive to negative right around the same time. It's so annoying. :banghead:
:beer: RIP mags
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#8 » by camillepd » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:41 am

Yes it's time to tank for the pick.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#9 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:43 am

Right now teams are in talking stages, trades usually don't happen right now unless they are big player type deals. teams already know the majority of the roster is available for the right price. Teams just have to offer it, and it makes no sense to do so with a month to go.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,692

Post#10 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:46 am

Let them come to us. They know where to find MillsPerry.
Free Palestine
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,589

Post#11 » by Meat » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:53 am

nyk2017 wrote:... and play for a better draft position. Watching these games, I get the feeling that KP would be a great #2 option, THJr/Kanter a 3rd option and Frank #4. That leaves us with a need for a legitimate #1. We could get that through the draft or FA. I think draft would be our best chance. We should trade Lee, KOQ, Lance, Jack for future assets whether it is late 1st round, 2nd rd.

what about frank screams any kind of offensive option?
MP4LIFE
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,334

Post#12 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:55 am

The Knicks will never do something like that. They have no history of making the right move. Plus they can’t upset Porzingis.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#13 » by livintoolive » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:52 am

Noah/KOQ/Courtney Lee

TT/Shumpert/JR Smith + Brooklyn 1st
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,291

Post#14 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:57 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:Sounds great. I doubt it happens. I want to believe(but seriously doubt) the FO would have the balls to really develop a young team and shoot for one more high lottery pick. That was the dream all summer. That was their mission statement. That was sort of happening until Timmy went down.

Minus Dotson and Billy everyone 25 and under was playing and contributing to wins. Looked like there was a foundation to work with.

Then it all went away. Losing Timmy opened up the flood gates. Dotson was given a shot and then exiled after 2 games. Billy has been a distant memory. They both should have been in Westchester getting playing time and working on their games. Beasley/MFLFT went from splitting back up minutes to starting and getting major roles. Sessions was getting minutes. Noah got a taste. The losses have been piling up. The kids were an afterthought.

They went from competing for the 4 seed and picking 24th I think...to being the 10 seed and picking 12th losing with vets instead of kids. I appreciated the earn your minutes idea when we were winning. :lol: I'm so done with watching MFLFT play. Beasley giving a few good games and a few really bad ones. He had a nice little stretch but, I've seen enough. He's a bench guy and nothing more. I don't want to see him starting anymore.

5 games under .500 and we are only 4 games out of the 6 seed. I have a feeling that they still think the playoffs are a better idea than the lottery. I hope I'm wrong but, I can see them focusing on the playoff push as the deadline expires and, miss a chance to get whatever we can for whatever vets we can. Probably missing the playoffs as well. That treadmill team scenario.

I'm also thinking Jeff is not the guy going forward. I don't know who is but, he's beginning to lose my support with his decision making the last couple of weeks. I don't like how he's using KP at all. I don't like stagnation of Franks development. He's not making any strides at all offensively. I don't like his lineups or substitutions lately either.

Just another year where things go from positive to negative right around the same time. It's so annoying. :banghead:

Our Deal is still on my man 8-)
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,131

Post#15 » by Capn'O » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:58 am

Either way, it'll be hard to top what happened in BAF yesterday.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,309

Post#16 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:11 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Sounds great. I doubt it happens. I want to believe(but seriously doubt) the FO would have the balls to really develop a young team and shoot for one more high lottery pick. That was the dream all summer. That was their mission statement. That was sort of happening until Timmy went down.

What was the deal?
:beer: RIP mags
Johnny Kilroy
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#17 » by Johnny Kilroy » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 am

Impeach Dolan, fire Mills/Perry/hornacek, trade everyone on the roster sans ntilikina/Willy/Baker, and pray the new owner brings back Phil.
TheGreenArrow
RealGM
And1: 33,291

Post#18 » by TheGreenArrow » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:22 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
TheGreenArrow wrote:

What was the deal?

At allstar break if the team is 500 or above i have to give up my tanking dreams but if their under 500 you would have to join me on the tank brigade.

ON THE ROAD TO 19-63!!!!!!
NewYorkOrNoWhere!!!!!!!!!!!!
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Post#19 » by god shammgod » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:42 am

blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#20 » by blanko » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:45 am

Anyone is tradeable at any time, just need good value.

Return to New York Knicks