ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to start trading...

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,636

Re: Time to start trading... 

Post#241 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:20 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
blanko wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:We can't have one year of rebuilding without people wanting to trade picks + young players.

I'll only agree to trade Kanter if he nets us back picks + expiring contracts.

If we can, should we trade for dame? Perhaps we give up this year's pick and a second instead of frank?

A dame/frank backcourt would be sock..

I mean we're stuck in a rut right now because we can either tank, or push to make the Playoffs. The team right now, this core, isn't ready for the Playoffs yet. They'll get booted immedately and to top it off, we'll get left with no first round pick and an expiring Lillard.

So another make shift team just to get a name in return.

Plenty of time for a playoff push.
Free Palestine
iCallBankshot
Sophomore
And1: 95

Post#242 » by iCallBankshot » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:41 am

shtolky wrote:
nyk2017 wrote:... and play for a better draft position. Watching these games, I get the feeling that KP would be a great #2 option, THJr/Kanter a 3rd option and Frank #4. That leaves us with a need for a legitimate #1. We could get that through the draft or FA. I think draft would be our best chance. We should trade Lee, KOQ, Lance, Jack for future assets whether it is late 1st round, 2nd rd.

Nobody is making trades yet. You also assume we can get assets for those players. Why would anyone give up a decent asset for those guys you mentioned? KOQ is opting out this summer and will be a UFA. Lance and Jack getting assets back? If anyone is going to get assets back, MAYBE, it's Lee and/or Willy. We don't have to do much, we are already bad enough for a good pick. We have three guys as a foundation in KP, Frank, THJ. We have three picks this summer, and can have lots of space in 2019 if we stretch Noah. No reason to go nuts. We won't be a contender with trades and we have good draft pick assets. Our record is bad but it is not time to panic. That's the result of having our best two assets at 22 and 19.

Great points 8-)
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#243 » by Nazrmohamed » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:06 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Nazrmohamed wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:If we could get kemba and batum for Noah and lee you would have to take it and run even if kemba walks. That’s too good to be true.
I’d be happy to add those two players though. With thjr and frank off the bench we would be an impressive team

Regarding Winslow and Johnson I agree they would probably cost us Willy and I too have mixed feelings. Both are really limited and not much better than lance Thomas at this point. So I’d pass. But they still have a ton of potential. For koq I’d do it.

Lastly Noel would be a signing like Beasley is this year or Lin was for cha. A prove yourself contract.
I’d give him 5 mil max for a 1+1 with player option and let him prove himself. The Dallas situation seems to be a love lost scenario. He shut himself down again with elective surgery and Dallas has no love for him. I think he’s a problematic player but has a ton of potential next to Kp defensively for stretches

Why bring Batum off the bench. Start him at SF and continue bringing Frank off the bench, except with minutes at both guard positions. But in any case. There aint no team taking on Noah and Lee at least as a package for better players, c'mon. In any case, I just wanna stay the course and build from the draft, trades for rookie contract players and FA just coming off rookie contracts.

i think you misread

I said bring frank off the bench

Yeah, I mistyped and it totally changes the narrative. I meant, why bring THJ off the bench? Have him play with Kemba and Batum.

But anyway, I'm happy if the Knicks do nothing or keep it simple. Maybe Frank, some second rounders, Oquinn and Baker for Kemba. This way, it's probably be still too late to make a run, we end up with an end of lottery pick and have some options for next year.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,636

Post#244 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:49 am

According to Timmy, he’s leading us to the playoffs. So you better put the tank back in the garage.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/tim-hardaway-jr-knicks-playoff-push-1.16276401
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks