ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to start trading...

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Re: Time to start trading... 

Post#101 » by JBreezeNY » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:37 am

IAmTheBest wrote:You're watching a 22 year old KP who is still developing physically and just came back from a deep run in an international tournament.

He's having stamina issues. Everything else from his mentality, work ethic, increasing skill is there.

Not saying we necessarily shouldnt be tanking but to write him off as a 2nd option just like this is sad. It means you are nothing but the caricature of the impatient, short sighted Knick fan that everyone else draws of us.

You say all of this yet you were one of the people that was adamant against drafting KP, mocked people who wanted KP and went so far as to make a thread on the General Board to state how crazy it was that Knicks fans wanted KP.

Stop your bullsh*t, you’re coming off as chastising and it’s getting old.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#102 » by IAmTheBest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:14 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:You're watching a 22 year old KP who is still developing physically and just came back from a deep run in an international tournament.

He's having stamina issues. Everything else from his mentality, work ethic, increasing skill is there.

Not saying we necessarily shouldnt be tanking but to write him off as a 2nd option just like this is sad. It means you are nothing but the caricature of the impatient, short sighted Knick fan that everyone else draws of us.

You say all of this yet you were one of the people that was adamant against drafting KP, mocked people who wanted KP and went so far as to make a thread on the General Board to state how crazy it was that Knicks fans wanted KP.

What does the way I thought before have to do with the validity of my post?

I'm not chastising I'm just stating facts. You're right that I was once arrogant enough to think that I knew more than Phil Jackson and Clarence Gaines about basketball and prospects. I've eaten my crow and cut that way of thinking already. And now I'm advising others to do the same.

if you dont like it...well then too fukin bad lol
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#103 » by JBreezeNY » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:31 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:

I'm not chastising I'm just stating facts. You're right that I was once arrogant enough to think that I knew more than Phil Jackson and Clarence Gaines about basketball and prospects. I've eaten my crow and cut that way of thinking already. And now I'm advising others to do the same.

It has EVERYTHING to do with it.

If you used to be arrogant with how you posted and yet you’re here talking down on people saying “this is sad that you knick fans can have this opinion”, “opinions like this is why people view Knicks fans as impatient & short sighted”, well who are YOU to tell another fan how to voice an opinion when you were running around shooting down people's opinions?

You’re the wrong person to tell or advise people what to say. It comes off as talking down because of what you said before.

And nah I don’t like it and I’m gonna tell you about yourself.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#104 » by br7knicks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:51 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Let them come to us. They know where to find MillsPerry.

exactly. i like a lot of pieces the knicks have. don't want to appear desperate in unloading certain players.

like, i'm not sold on getting rid of kanter. unfortunately i think he's going to be looking for a payday (and he'll probably get it). and, while i'm defense first, and i'm aware he doesn't provide it well (although he has definitely improved since jeff benched him for jogging back on defense), but he brings the sort of effort, environment, and mentality i like in NY - see my sig.

i like KOQ. although he's inconsistent, in that he's either getting 12 and 8 in 15 minutes, or he's putting up 0 and 3 in 25 minutes, i also like his mentality and defense first.

i also like mcderm's ability to stretch, and how he's a beast off the ball - slashing, spotting up in the corner. he also KNOWS the game very well, which i think is important.

i think a guy like beasley is important for a team - a guy who can score at will, but in short minutes and in bunches, 12-18 mpg, 20 if he's on fire. but like kanter, he's going to look for, and get, a pay day.

i like courtney's defense first mentality. i also like his increase in leadership role with melo gone - melo was definitely holding some of the positive players back.

that all said, all of those guys, if given the right deal, are available to me. hell, just about every player is available for the right deal. i just hope the knicks don't jump the gun
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
pwayknicks
Lead Assistant
And1: 705

Post#105 » by pwayknicks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:06 pm

I think we should be able to get a pick of some sort of Lee, and maybe a 2nd for Kyle. Those 2 deals we have to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Knicks are BACK!!!!

Jlin + Melo + Stat + Chandler....les go!

Trade Landry Fields ASAP!
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#106 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:28 pm

br7knicks wrote:

exactly. i like a lot of pieces the knicks have. don't want to appear desperate in unloading certain players.

like, i'm not sold on getting rid of kanter. unfortunately i think he's going to be looking for a payday (and he'll probably get it). and, while i'm defense first, and i'm aware he doesn't provide it well (although he has definitely improved since jeff benched him for jogging back on defense), but he brings the sort of effort, environment, and mentality i like in NY - see my sig.

i like KOQ. although he's inconsistent, in that he's either getting 12 and 8 in 15 minutes, or he's putting up 0 and 3 in 25 minutes, i also like his mentality and defense first.

i also like mcderm's ability to stretch, and how he's a beast off the ball - slashing, spotting up in the corner. he also KNOWS the game very well, which i think is important.

i think a guy like beasley is important for a team - a guy who can score at will, but in short minutes and in bunches, 12-18 mpg, 20 if he's on fire. but like kanter, he's going to look for, and get, a pay day.

i like courtney's defense first mentality. i also like his increase in leadership role with melo gone - melo was definitely holding some of the positive players back.

that all said, all of those guys, if given the right deal, are available to me. hell, just about every player is available for the right deal. i just hope the knicks don't jump the gun

Think it’s fair to say he’s earned more then 12-18 mpg. He’s not killing us on defense and he’s scoring at will on a high % while passing and rebounding the ball. He’s also blocking shots and getting steals.

If the goal is to win, no reason for Beas to play less then 20 mpg. 20-26 is the sweet spot I’d say. 30 if he’s on fire.

He had that game where he fouled out quick and a few games with multiple bad turnovers, but for the most part he has helped us more then hurt us.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#107 » by br7knicks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:45 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

Think it’s fair to say he’s earned more then 12-18 mpg. He’s not killing us on defense and he’s scoring at will on a high % while passing and rebounding the ball. He’s also blocking shots and getting steals.

If the goal is to win, no reason for Beas to play less then 20 mpg. 20-26 is the sweet spot I’d say. 30 if he’s on fire.

He had that game where he fouled out quick and a few games with multiple bad turnovers, but for the most part he has helped us more then hurt us.

i agree that he's helped more than hurt. but a guy like that can also be tough to break that habit if they have a couple of good games, like melo. melo was never able to learn that, while he may have a good game or two in a month, it doesn't mean that every game he should put up 25 shots in lieu of the team winning.

i think beasley is better at looking for the team to win first, but i would prefer to have a stronger coach who will hold players more accountable, or rope them in if something goes awry.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#108 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:49 pm

You guys need to listen to yesterday’s Dunc’d On podcast about the WC trade deadline to understand how difficult it’s going to be for teams to make trades.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#109 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:53 pm

Melo couldn’t finish around the rim like Beasley can. Beasley shoots over 50% from the field. Melo is always in the low 40s.

Melo is a god like mid range player. But the mid range game is dead.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,451

Post#110 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:57 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:You guys need to listen to yesterday’s Dunc’d On podcast about the WC trade deadline to understand how difficult it’s going to be for teams to make trades.

What did they say?
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#111 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:You guys need to listen to yesterday’s Dunc’d On podcast about the WC trade deadline to understand how difficult it’s going to be for teams to make trades.

What did they say?

That they don’t see many trades being made this deadline because of cap space and fit. They concentrated on the western conference mostly discussing the possibility of moving D’Andre, Lou Williams and Monroe. They don’t think any of them will get moved.
POSTING POLICIES:
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#112 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:56 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

What did they say?

That they don’t see many trades being made this deadline because of cap space and fit. They concentrated on the western conference mostly discussing the possibility of moving D’Andre, Lou Williams and Monroe. They don’t think any of them will get moved.

That could actually help us since guys like Lee, KOQ, Beasley are on reasonable deals and might be easier to match salaries.

I just hope we are looking to sell, and not still in this in between stuff where we are trying to rebuild but trying to win at the same time and don’t want to sacrifice win now pieces
Mavs
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#113 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:00 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
What did they say?

That could actually help us since guys like Lee, KOQ, Beasley are on reasonable deals and might be easier to match salaries.

I just hope we are looking to sell, and not still in this in between stuff where we are trying to rebuild but trying to win at the same time and don’t want to sacrifice win now pieces

These vets are short term and on reasonable contracts. I think it’s important to the development of the young players to have some veteran leadership on the team
POSTING POLICIES:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#114 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:56 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

These vets are short term and on reasonable contracts. I think it’s important to the development of the young players to have some veteran leadership on the team

We have a ton of vets that probably can’t/won’t be moved (Jack, Kanter, Lance, Noah)..…We should be fine even if we move 2 or 3 vets.
Mavs
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#115 » by Blockwatcher » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:19 pm

im completely sane

Knicks take on trash to get gold
Cavs trade a pick to the Suns
Suns take a little junk for picks
Lakers clear the books
1 John 2 : 15-17
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#116 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Who's got sauces?

POSTING POLICIES:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#117 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:38 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:

We have a ton of vets that probably can’t/won’t be moved (Jack, Kanter, Lance, Noah)..…We should be fine even if we move 2 or 3 vets.

Mexico is floating a Noah and Chicago's 2nd round pick to Minnesota for expirings. What say you?
POSTING POLICIES:
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#118 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:43 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Mexico is floating a Noah and Chicago's 2nd round pick to Minnesota for expirings. What say you?

I'd say it sounds too good to be true. would do that one in a second
Mavs
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,719

Post#119 » by Handledatruth » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:47 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Done.
IAmTheBest
Sixth Man
And1: 1,803

Post#120 » by IAmTheBest » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 pm

JBreezeNY wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:
JBreezeNY wrote:

It has EVERYTHING to do with it.

If you used to be arrogant with how you posted and yet you’re here talking down on people saying “this is sad that you knick fans can have this opinion”, “opinions like this is why people view Knicks fans as impatient & short sighted”, well who are YOU to tell another fan how to voice an opinion when you were running around shooting down people's opinions?

You’re the wrong person to tell or advise people what to say. It comes off as talking down because of what you said before.

And nah I don’t like it and I’m gonna tell you about yourself.

who am I? just another poster on this forum who is sanctioned to make posts.

facts are facts. my posts from 2 years ago have no bearing on today's truth. if you dont like what i have to say then there is nothing you can do to stop me lol

Return to New York Knicks