ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to start trading...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Re: Time to start trading... 

Post#141 » by NYKAL » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:24 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:You're watching a 22 year old KP who is still developing physically and just came back from a deep run in an international tournament.

He's having stamina issues. Everything else from his mentality, work ethic, increasing skill is there.

Not saying we necessarily shouldnt be tanking but to write him off as a 2nd option just like this is sad. It means you are nothing but the caricature of the impatient, short sighted Knick fan that everyone else draws of us.

which is why he NEVER should have played (if your a Knicks exec you take this stance). If your KP, you're going to want to play and represent your country. I understand but, KP couldn't handle the rigors of the NBA as it was. I attribute his craptastic play the last few week due to his being exhausted. You could see it. The AS break can't come fast enough.

Because of the Euro play, he came into the season like a gang buster but, then turned into what resembled a mediocre player on offense. So happy to see a rise in his level of play the last few games. Starting to look like the KP that earned my respect.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,083

Re: RE: Re: Time to start trading... 

Post#142 » by GONYK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 pm

NYKAL wrote:
IAmTheBest wrote:You're watching a 22 year old KP who is still developing physically and just came back from a deep run in an international tournament.

He's having stamina issues. Everything else from his mentality, work ethic, increasing skill is there.

Not saying we necessarily shouldnt be tanking but to write him off as a 2nd option just like this is sad. It means you are nothing but the caricature of the impatient, short sighted Knick fan that everyone else draws of us.

which is why he NEVER should have played (if your a Knicks exec you take this stance). If your KP, you're going to want to play and represent your country. I understand but, KP couldn't handle the rigors of the NBA as it was. I attribute his craptastic play the last few week due to his being exhausted. You could see it. The AS break can't come fast enough.

Because of the Euro play, he came into the season like a gang buster but, then turned into what resembled a mediocre player on offense. So happy to see a rise in his level of play the last few games. Starting to look like the KP that earned my respect.
So KP was great playing alongside Timmy taking defensive pressure off of him.

Tim gets injured and KP's play declines with seeing increased defensive pressure.

Tim returns, KP's offense effectiveness rises again.

Yet, it was playing in Europe months ago that was the issue?
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#143 » by NYKAL » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:37 pm

GONYK wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

Tim gets injured and KP's play declines with seeing increased defensive pressure.

Yes, it is. He couldn't handle the rigors last year and gassed out after AS break. This year he gassed out earlier than AS break and still isn't playing at the level he started the year with. Not even close. So YES, the Euro play was too much for his legs. If you think he looks like he's back to being the player that look like he could be our leader early this season, I don't know what to say.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#144 » by GONYK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:49 pm

NYKAL wrote:
GONYK wrote:
NYKAL wrote:

Yes, it is. He couldn't handle the rigors last year and gassed out after AS break. This year he gassed out earlier than AS break and still isn't playing at the level he started the year with. Not even close. So YES, the Euro play was too much for his legs. If you think he looks like he's back to being the player that look like he could be our leader early this season, I don't know what to say.

The way he was playing to start the season was unsustainable, so playing a little below that is fine.

I'm just saying, he just happened to get "gassed" when Tim Hardaway went down and the defense could double KP without fear. Now that Timmy is back, KP is back to seeing single coverage and his numbers rise again.

All of a sudden he's looking energetic again. In fact, KP has been at his most efficient when Tim has been on the floor with him this season. You even acknowledged that his level of play has risen in the last few games, which is basically since Tim returned.

So, with such a clear correlation, it's really playing in Eurobasket that was the problem? You think he would be exactly as exhausted if Tim stayed healthy?
Synciere
Head Coach
And1: 4,503

Post#145 » by Synciere » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:57 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Cha might Be in a bind with kemba but we would be too so I don’t see trading for him as a good move. In fact the player I still want that they have is batum. He’s overpaid but would be perfect here. I’d give value for him.

Lastly this summer we see free agents out there and potential reclamation guys.
I’d consider Noel as a target at the right price. Next to Kp he could be interesting.

But batum is my top trade target and Stanley Johnson, at the right price, is second. Fournier third.

Johnson shouldn’t cost us more than koq. Johnson has been too unproductive.

Oh, and I’d explore Winslow too, again at the right cost

If you really like Batum that much just offer to take him with Kemba in a straight salary dump. When the Kemba rumors came out I considered it too. That's about 37 million in annual salary but we could easily get close with Noah and Lee (60 or so million left on their deal), and Charlotte would consider it too because they'll be losing much more long term salary with Batum (75-80 million over the next three years alone.)

Noel would be a terrible idea on this team given what he'd cost to get him to sign. He turned down a Kanter like deal last summer but the market for big men of his skill set may crash this summer, so maybe he ends up with a cheap deal. Gotta worry about him if he can't get burn on the Mavericks though.

The Johnson/Winslow types are probably going to cost us Willy. Not sure how I feel about that yet.
NYKAL
General Manager

Post#146 » by NYKAL » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:58 pm

^but, he's still looking gassed out there. He's looking better than he did say, 2weeks ago but, he still doesn't look like I'd expect from a 20something year old so early into the season. Its not even February. Team was only playing for what, a little more than a month before Timmy went down. Timmy could go down, Bease could go down and Lee could go down and he still shouldn't look like he has. Be ineffective but, don't look like your about to pass the f out.

If he look a bit more energetic its because he knows HE HAS TOO. He accepted leadership of this team. Its his responsibility not to let his conditioning or poor body language hurt the team.
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#147 » by camillepd » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:46 pm

We should be looking into acquiring Brandon Ingram from the lakers.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#148 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:49 pm

In Knicks situation they shouldn't be taking on any salary unless it's someone young and that still has some upside.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#149 » by GONYK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:50 pm

camillepd wrote:We should be looking into acquiring Brandon Ingram from the lakers.

Why would the Lakers trade him?
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,597

Post#150 » by Meat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:54 pm

GONYK wrote:
camillepd wrote:We should be looking into acquiring Brandon Ingram from the lakers.

Why would the Lakers trade him?

get rid of deng idk
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#151 » by SARGO127 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Bring Kemb home
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#152 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:15 pm

I'm not a big fan of bringing Kemba in. He's gonna take up a nice chunk of cash and is not going to make us a contender or anything. Waste of money to get on treadmill.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,830

Post#153 » by Adelheid » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:21 pm

NYKAL wrote:^but, he's still looking gassed out there. He's looking better than he did say, 2weeks ago but, he still doesn't look like I'd expect from a 20something year old so early into the season. Its not even February. Team was only playing for what, a little more than a month before Timmy went down. Timmy could go down, Bease could go down and Lee could go down and he still shouldn't look like he has. Be ineffective but, don't look like your about to pass the f out.

If he look a bit more energetic its because he knows HE HAS TOO. He accepted leadership of this team. Its his responsibility not to let his conditioning or poor body language hurt the team.

*lights a stick of cigarette and takes a puff*
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#154 » by Red Vines » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:38 pm

I've changed my mind. I've seen the future. I'd deal Frank for Kemba. Not much more, just what's needed to match salary.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#155 » by GONYK » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:43 pm

Red Vines wrote:I've changed my mind. I've seen the future. I'd deal Frank for Kemba. Not much more, just what's needed to match salary.

Why the need for Kemba when we already have a 20 PPG scorer in Burke?
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#156 » by Red Vines » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:45 pm

GONYK wrote:
Red Vines wrote:I've changed my mind. I've seen the future. I'd deal Frank for Kemba. Not much more, just what's needed to match salary.

Why the need for Kemba when we already have a 20 PPG scorer in Burke?

It's called a "Super Team".
Jay10
RealGM
And1: 11,939

Post#157 » by Jay10 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Then cry when Frank puts the clamps on Kemba every time they play. :lol:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM

Post#158 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:49 pm

Seriously?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Red Vines
RealGM

Post#159 » by Red Vines » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:52 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:

Seriously?

We need to a starting PG. I'm convinced Frank is 3-4 years away from where we would need him to be and that's being hopeful. They don't grow on trees and All-Star caliber ones are not available everyday...
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,692

Post#160 » by shtolky » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Red Vines wrote:
MaseInYourFace wrote:

Seriously?

We need to a starting PG. I'm convinced Frank is 3-4 years away from where we would need him to be and that's being hopeful. They don't grow on trees and All-Star caliber ones are not available everyday...

We can wait 3 years. KP is 22. Our 2018 lotto pick will probably be 19 or 20. Trading for a soon to be 28 year old is stupid.

Return to New York Knicks