ImageImageImageImageImage

Time to start trading...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,174

Re: Time to start trading... 

Post#21 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:46 am

To be honest, I wasn't sure why some teams were lusting over Melo in the off-season. If I was the Cavs/Rockets GM, I would have been aiming for guys like Courtney Lee, who can play off the ball.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#22 » by Greenie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:02 am

We should have started as soon as we traded Melo. But noooooo.

You all won't see a trade. This is the squad this year.

Probably next year too.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#23 » by Sark » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:34 am

Greenie wrote:We should have started as soon as we traded Melo. But noooooo.

Probably next year too.

They should have just kept Melo if this was the direction they wanted to go in. This year was supposed to be about developing the youth, yet Frank gets to see about 5 plays before getting yanked, and Willy can't even get in games.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#24 » by Greenie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:29 am

Sark wrote:

Probably next year too.

They should have just kept Melo if this was the direction they wanted to go in. This year was supposed to be about developing the youth, yet Frank gets to see about 5 plays before getting yanked, and Willy can't even get in games.

That was my stance from the beginning. Stop half-assing things. It's dumb as all hell.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,909

Post#25 » by DaGawd » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:39 am

The more losses pile up I truly believe Perry will make the move to go full youth movement and start trading vets
BaF
Washington Wizards
Greenie
RealGM

Post#26 » by Greenie » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:43 am

DaGawd wrote:The more losses pile up I truly believe Perry will make the move to go full youth movement and start trading vets

I'll believe it when I see it.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#27 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:56 pm

IAmTheBest wrote:You're watching a 22 year old KP who is still developing physically and just came back from a deep run in an international tournament.

He's having stamina issues. Everything else from his mentality, work ethic, increasing skill is there.

Not saying we necessarily shouldnt be tanking but to write him off as a 2nd option just like this is sad. It means you are nothing but the caricature of the impatient, short sighted Knick fan that everyone else draws of us.

Stop with the stamina issues excuse. It’s getting old. Dude got injured and was off from work for like 8-10 days straight. Came back sucking. He’s not tired, it’s him taking bad shots and he commits too many costly turnovers.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,041

Post#28 » by Reign23 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:00 pm

livintoolive wrote:Noah/KOQ/Courtney Lee

TT/Shumpert/JR Smith + Brooklyn 1st

drunk?
formerly known as knickst4pe
Reign23
RealGM

Post#29 » by Reign23 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:01 pm

Greenie wrote:
Sark wrote:

Probably next year too.

That was my stance from the beginning. Stop half-assing things. It's dumb as all hell.

yep
Toranaga
Rookie
And1: 845

Post#30 » by Toranaga » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Pretty crazy but the Thunder are the perfect trade partner once again. They need a bench wing that can shoot and also take some Roberson minutes when teams ignore him on offense. Also need a backup C.

Lee/KOQ or WHG can gtfo. Singler comes back who has a year less on his deal than Lee. Get a couple of their young wings like Ferguson and keep it moving. Make it happen Perry.
Reign23
RealGM

Post#31 » by Reign23 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:03 pm

Greenie wrote:
DaGawd wrote:The more losses pile up I truly believe Perry will make the move to go full youth movement and start trading vets

me 2, but I have no hope. I don't have high expectations either, would celebrate every trade for a future second round pick..
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#32 » by Knicksfan20 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:04 pm

Greenie wrote:

Should have been done already. Phil would have had us tanking from the gate and we would all be enjoying the young guys playing.
Reign23
RealGM

Post#33 » by Reign23 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:05 pm

_NYK_ wrote:Pretty crazy but the Thunder are the perfect trade partner once again. They need a bench wing that can shoot and also take some Roberson minutes when teams ignore him on offense. Also need a backup C.

Lee/KOQ or WHG can gtfo. Singler comes back who has a year less on his deal than Lee. Get a couple of their young wings like Ferguson and keep it moving. Make it happen Perry.

I follow okc closely and thought they were the best trade partner the whole year. they have no bench and such a need for guys like Lee and KOQ.
Toranaga
Rookie
And1: 845

Post#34 » by Toranaga » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Reign23 wrote:
_NYK_ wrote:Pretty crazy but the Thunder are the perfect trade partner once again. They need a bench wing that can shoot and also take some Roberson minutes when teams ignore him on offense. Also need a backup C.

I follow okc closely and thought they were the best trade partner the whole year. they have no bench and such a need for guys like Lee and KOQ.

Only thing that's questionable is whether the Thunder ownership would take back that extra year of Lee due to the luxury tax. But they are the ultimate win now team. Went all in for PG and Melo so might as well go for broke, but it ain't my money either.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#35 » by F N 11 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Phil was definitely with the real youth movement. Perry came on and was with it but look at us now.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Samsun85
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#36 » by Samsun85 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Nobody will give a pick up for a 34 years old Jack. Lee is max. a late 1st round pick worth. Only guy who has real trade value is KOQ. Or Willy...

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,429

Post#37 » by duetta » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:20 pm

Sell all the guys who are unlikely to be here 2 years from now - assuming you can get fair value.

If KP were still playing at franchise talent level, I could understand keeping everyone around. But he's regressed significantly since his amazing start - and will need lots of help to eventually become a champion.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,909

Post#38 » by DaGawd » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:33 pm

duetta wrote:Sell all the guys who are unlikely to be here 2 years from now - assuming you can get fair value.

If KP were still playing at franchise talent level, I could understand keeping everyone around. But he's regressed significantly since his amazing start - and will need lots of help to eventually become a champion.

This. KP himself even admitted the burden is tiresome to him. We need to pair him with another prospect of equal potential.. this losing is for his own good right now. Take your medicine kp
BaF
Washington Wizards
Reign23
RealGM

Post#39 » by Reign23 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:35 pm

_NYK_ wrote:
Reign23 wrote:

Only thing that's questionable is whether the Thunder ownership would take back that extra year of Lee due to the luxury tax. But they are the ultimate win now team. Went all in for PG and Melo so might as well go for broke, but it ain't my money either.

absolutely. they have a small window. have to make a move NOW
spree8
RealGM
And1: 5,785

Post#40 » by spree8 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:05 pm

Just a week ago I was arguing we should trade our pick for Kemba and try to compete... I retract those statements.

Return to New York Knicks