ImageImageImageImageImage

Giants expected to hire Pat Shurmur as new coach

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,704

Re: Giants expected to hire Pat Shurmur as new coach 

Post#121 » by F N 11 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:14 am

ibraheim718 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:Nicks foles stands no chance against Brady I'm sorry lol

Let's get the staff together and get to work.

He just carved up the best defense in the NFL. I think he's got a chance.

We are talking about Brady here.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Post#122 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:15 am

K P 6 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Adam Vinateri eventually missed one wide right.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#123 » by Sprewell4Three » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:21 am

K P 6 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Luckily , Foles doesn’t go up against Brady he goes up against the Patriots defense.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#124 » by F N 11 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:23 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
ibraheim718 wrote:

Luckily , Foles doesn’t go up against Brady he goes up against the Patriots defense.

lol it's still Patriots With Brady and Eagles with Nick Foles. Stop it.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#125 » by Sprewell4Three » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:25 am

K P 6 wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
K P 6 wrote:We are talking about Brady here.

No, you stop it. Eli Manning was able to beat Brady twice. Nick Foles has played excellent football during these playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ibraheim718
Knicks Forum Point God
And1: 14,400

Post#126 » by ibraheim718 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:12 am

Sprewell4Three wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

No, you stop it. Eli Manning was able to beat Brady twice. Nick Foles has played excellent football during these playoffs.

The other thing is they're stacked with talent at the wide out. Jeffrey alone is miles better than anybody Jacksonville trotted out today.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,003

Post#127 » by blue and orange » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 pm

ibraheim718 wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
K P 6 wrote:lol it's still Patriots With Brady and Eagles with Nick Foles. Stop it.

The other thing is they're stacked with talent at the wide out. Jeffrey alone is miles better than anybody Jacksonville trotted out today.

Thats the thing the Eagles have 3 very good receivers, if BB dares Foles to beat him he can, hes better then Bortles. Peterson is very good with drawing up plays these 2 weeks should help him. If I were the Eagles I would have a package of plays that I would save for the 2nd half on offense and defense. Notice teams hang with the Pats for a half and then BB makes adjustments, you could be doing something well and the Pats will make halftime adjustments to stop that how do you counteract BB counteracting moves.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#128 » by blue and orange » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:14 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:
K P 6 wrote:We are talking about Brady here.

The Eagles definitely have a chance its one game in a dome no less. The largest margin of victory for the Pats was 6 pts in overtime last year all the others were by 3 pts. Picking the Pats is one thing to say the Eagles dont have a chance is ridiculous.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#129 » by F N 11 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:16 pm

blue and orange wrote:
K P 6 wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:

The Eagles definitely have a chance its one game in a dome no less. The largest margin of victory for the Pats was 6 pts in overtime last year all the others were by 3 pts. Picking the Pats is one thing to say the Eagles dont have a chance is ridiculous.

I know it's football but Brady showed Jax why the patriots who they are and you can't take them lightly. How many times do they have to prove it?
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#130 » by blue and orange » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:20 pm

K P 6 wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
K P 6 wrote:lol it's still Patriots With Brady and Eagles with Nick Foles. Stop it.

I know it's football but Brady showed Jax why the patriots who they are and you can't take them lightly. How many times do they have to prove it?

Who's taking the Pats lightly lol. They are favored for a reason and should be no disputing that how great the Pats are have you seen how close all their superbowls have been in a game of inches. Im not saying the Eagles are gonna win but they have a chance.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,165

Post#131 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Read on Twitter

looks like another name emerging other thank Del Rio
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#132 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:11 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:I like it.

Now Rosen, please.

Sounding more like Darnold in the early stages. I think the Giants love the fact he squeaky clean off the field. Very Eli esq

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#133 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:17 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

Now Rosen, please.

Sounding more like Darnold in the early stages. I think the Giants love the fact he squeaky clean off the field. Very Eli esq

man stop it there is no real news on anyone. Its all Fluff at this point.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#134 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:21 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Now Rosen, please.

I'm telling you what I've been reading. I never said it was true. But early reports are that the browns like Josh Allen.

"The guy that does that is going to be immortalized in Cleveland forever," Allen added. "If I’m fortunate enough to become a Cleveland Brown, you can expect everything from me." This is almost a subtweet of UCLA QB Josh Rosen, who said he would rather "be a lower pick" than play for the "wrong team." A scout reportedly told MMQB's Peter King there is "no way" the Browns pass on Allen, so it is possible the quarterback gets his wish.

That would leave Giants with a Darnold/Rosen decision. And would it surprise you the giants wanted the cleaner QB? I spend a lot of time over at bigblueinteractive...there are just some early rumblings that they initially like Darnold.

But obviously a lot can change. But it doesn't surprise me, however you want to look at it.

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#135 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:24 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I'm telling you what I've been reading. I never said it was true. But early reports are that the browns like Josh Allen.

"The guy that does that is going to be immortalized in Cleveland forever," Allen added. "If I’m fortunate enough to become a Cleveland Brown, you can expect everything from me." This is almost a subtweet of UCLA QB Josh Rosen, who said he would rather "be a lower pick" than play for the "wrong team." A scout reportedly told MMQB's Peter King there is "no way" the Browns pass on Allen, so it is possible the quarterback gets his wish.

That would leave Giants with a Darnold/Rosen decision. And would it surprise you the giants wanted the cleaner QB? I spend a lot of time over at bigblueinteractive...there are just some early rumblings that they initially like Darnold.

But obviously a lot can change. But it doesn't surprise me, however you want to look at it.

Honestly you still dont know if the Giants trade down as well. Thats also a possibility. I read something a while back that Gettlemen like to trade down alot.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#136 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:26 pm

I like AZ dude looks like a rugged mean mofo. And he is young
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#137 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:29 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Honestly you still dont know if the Giants trade down as well. Thats also a possibility. I read something a while back that Gettlemen like to trade down alot.

thats very true as well. I for sure believe they want to get Shurmur in here and evaluate Webb...but it's really tough to pass on franchise type QB's...that is the ultimate f*ck up a franchise can do. If you have a big time grade on any of the QB's u take them. Obviously if you don't have that grade on them I suppose the next best option is to trade down.

I mean at this point I do think its Darnold/Rosen or a trade down for a lineman.

I just don't see the giants picking barkley (even though I love him as a prospect) at #2 when you have that pick value which is greater because of the QB's in this draft. If you trade down to 5 or 6...chances are Barkley is then off the board because I don't see Indy and CLE passing up on barkley at #3 and #4....so the options are stay at #2 and pick a QB or trade down and select an offensive lineman.

ROSTER

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#138 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:30 pm

Give me Rosen over Darnold every day of the week. TBH, I'd take Mayfield over Darnold as well (not at #2 obviously because we could trade down, get extra picks, and get Mayfield in the mid teens at the earliest and late first at the latest maybe).
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#139 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:33 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Give me Rosen over Darnold every day of the week. TBH, I'd take Mayfield over Darnold as well (not at #2 obviously because we could trade down, get extra picks, and get Mayfield in the mid teens at the earliest and late first at the latest maybe).

I don't disagree with QB skills at the moment but Darnold is the cleaner and more durable prospect. It also sounds like Eli is at least staying a year...so to me it would be easier to sit Darnold for a year because I think he needs more development but he very well could be the better QB than Rosen overtime.

Rosen is pretty ready in terms of starting day 1...he can make all the throws and can read progressions. The issue obviously with him is his durability he always is missing time. And someone already with serious concussion issues can't be overlooked even if you think he could be the better QB.

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#140 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:34 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Give me Rosen over Darnold every day of the week. TBH, I'd take Mayfield over Darnold as well (not at #2 obviously because we could trade down, get extra picks, and get Mayfield in the mid teens at the earliest and late first at the latest maybe).

This draft is ripe for teh trade down and still get a decent QB prospect.

Return to New York Knicks