ImageImageImageImageImage

Giants expected to hire Pat Shurmur as new coach

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Giants expected to hire Pat Shurmur as new coach 

Post#41 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Jets fan here but this hire initially reminded me of Fassel. Fassel was an offense guy who didn't seem to fit the the G-men's traditional coaching hires. Supposedly ownership hated Fassel though...
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#42 » by magnumt » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:33 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000907026/article/giants-expected-to-hire-pat-shurmur-as-head-coach

Thoughts?

Should be good for Webb, Rosen or Darnold.

If Spags stays, they should form a nice team. Both have been and can continue to be dynamic thinkers who can get A LOT out of their Players.

I had a feeling tho that they wouldn't have taken anyone from the Pats organization for such a big role. I don't think that genuinely like them or what they stand for/present.

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,591

Post#43 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:34 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Jets fan here but this hire initially reminded me of Fassel. Fassel was an offense guy who didn't seem to fit the the G-men's traditional coaching hires. Supposedly ownership hated Fassel though...

Bill Polian was on the radio today and said he really liked the hire. Bill Polian knows his sh*t.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#44 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:35 pm

magnumt wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000907026/article/giants-expected-to-hire-pat-shurmur-as-head-coach

Thoughts?

If Spags stays, they should form a nice team. Both have been and can continue to be dynamic thinkers who can get A LOT out of their Players.

I had a feeling tho that they wouldn't have taken anyone from the Pats organization for such a big role. I don't think that genuinely like them or what they stand for/present.

I think the giants just think so highly of BB that they might not think coordinators there are as good as people expect because Bill has his hands in everything and is a genius.

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#45 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:35 pm

mpharris36 wrote:i'm not trying to make excuses for all those years...but do you see the pile of crap he has had to deal with at QB? There isn't one top 20 QB in that mix...the fact he had two top 5 offenses and two top QB's in the last 5 years is impressive to me seeing the lack of talent he's had to work with.

Those ram and brown teams were totally garbage. And I remember what I read about DVOA, they only calculate that off of play by play on the internet which is why they are able to turn around the stats so fast. So there is no evaluation of the stat.

But I'm sure mcdaniels is up there but unless mcdaniels can take brady with him I doubt there is any substance to it. I just look what shurmur has done with Theilin, Diggs, Rudolph recently and think he could work wonders with Odell, Sheppard, and Engram.

like KT said if BB or Saban were legit options of course they would be better candidates from Shurmur...but I didn't see a lock for sure HC candidate out there, Shurmur seemed like a good fit with what we were looking to do.

Listen bro. You Name is MP " I always have plenty of excuses" Harris. I would not expect anything less out of you. :lol:
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#46 » by magnumt » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:35 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:MAn if I could trade OBJ I was send his ass walking. The dude is gifted, but a crybaby...I hate soft effeminate cats like him.soft.

FOH dude. OBJ is anything BUT soft.

He may be loud (like you :lol: ), but nig*a is NOT soft.

magnumt6
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#47 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:36 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:i'm not trying to make excuses for all those years...but do you see the pile of crap he has had to deal with at QB? There isn't one top 20 QB in that mix...the fact he had two top 5 offenses and two top QB's in the last 5 years is impressive to me seeing the lack of talent he's had to work with.

Those ram and brown teams were totally garbage. And I remember what I read about DVOA, they only calculate that off of play by play on the internet which is why they are able to turn around the stats so fast. So there is no evaluation of the stat.

But I'm sure mcdaniels is up there but unless mcdaniels can take brady with him I doubt there is any substance to it. I just look what shurmur has done with Theilin, Diggs, Rudolph recently and think he could work wonders with Odell, Sheppard, and Engram.

like KT said if BB or Saban were legit options of course they would be better candidates from Shurmur...but I didn't see a lock for sure HC candidate out there, Shurmur seemed like a good fit with what we were looking to do.

Listen bro. You Name is MP " I always have plenty of excuses" Harris. I would not expect anything less out of you. :lol:

i mean im just being factual...is there one QB that is widely considered a good QB in that mix? yes or no?

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#48 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:36 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:Jets fan here but this hire initially reminded me of Fassel. Fassel was an offense guy who didn't seem to fit the the G-men's traditional coaching hires. Supposedly ownership hated Fassel though...

Funny that you said that. I said to myself It reminds me of Fassel as well.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#49 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:37 pm

magnumt wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:MAn if I could trade OBJ I was send his ass walking. The dude is gifted, but a crybaby...I hate soft effeminate cats like him.soft.

Man if you fruity and act like a girl you soft. He tough on the football feild and a bitch off of it. Im sorry. That dude acts like a female. Read teh statement I said is gifted on the field...I just dislike him as a person. I do have that right...so no...You FOH... :lol:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#50 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:38 pm

magnumt wrote:

i would say mentally unstable :lol: but I wouldn't use soft because he goes across the middle and loves to block...two things "soft" WR's don't do.

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#51 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:39 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

i mean im just being factual...is there one QB that is widely considered a good QB in that mix? yes or no?

Listen you are one of the greatest debaters here. The fact remains is that we dont know. You sitting here going to bat for a coach that has not proven himself as a headcoach...I mean damn bro.... :lol:

You prob did the same thing with Mcadoo and had all kinds of reasons why he was a good hire.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#52 » by magnumt » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:41 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
magnumt wrote:

Thoughts?

I think the giants just think so highly of BB that they might not think coordinators there are as good as people expect because Bill has his hands in everything and is a genius.

The Giants family banks a lot on image. Good or bad. This year alone showed that yet again. From the tweets, to Eli's handling, to the Apple situation, etc.

I just don't think they'd ever hire frontmen from their until Bill is gone. Steelers are old school like that too. Eagles & Cowgirls are not. :lol:

It's not a coincidence that we're the ONLY Team to have EVER beaten that Primadonna Brady and his Puppet-master Coach TWICE! :D

magnumt6
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by magnumt » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:45 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
magnumt wrote:

Man if you fruity and act like a girl you soft. He tough on the football feild and a bitch off of it. Im sorry. That dude acts like a female.

Call OBJ soft to his face instead of behind a keyboard, see if he wouldn't fuq you up. :lol:

Like I, and MPH said above, he may be loud and sh*t, but he's not soft.

Heck, it's continuing to play while hurt is what ended his Season (dumbass Coach :banghead: ).

magnumt6
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#54 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:46 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

Listen you are one of the greatest debaters here. The fact remains is that we dont know. You sitting here going to bat for a coach that has not proven himself as a headcoach...I mean damn bro.... :lol:

You prob did the same thing with Mcadoo and had all kinds of reasons why he was a good hire.

I actually didn't like the mcadoo hire...always leary of guys getting hired because they coached great players. Mcadoo got his shot because he was aaron rodgers QB coach for 1 year :lol: He was the tight ends coach there and never called a game in his life what qualifications, he was a bum.

As for shurmur, we don't know just like we know less about Patricia, and even less about Wilks. In terms of experience. Damn even the steelers are considering fire tomlin and he hasn't had a losing year ever and is 116-60....coaching is crazy. You can only go after what is available.

But if the plan is to draft your next franchise QB at least it makes sense to get someone that has developed some good ones. I would love to here McNabb's take on this since it seems he had a big part in his development.

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#55 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:48 pm

magnumt wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
magnumt wrote:

Man if you fruity and act like a girl you soft. He tough on the football feild and a bitch off of it. Im sorry. That dude acts like a female.

Call OBJ soft to his face instead of behind a keyboard, see if he wouldn't fuq you up. :lol:

Heck, it's continuing to play while hurt is what ended his Season (dumbass Coach :banghead: ).

BEcause he plays football means he can **** me up? :lol: Football players can get they ass whipped ot. I am bigger than dude and been in WAAAAAAY more fights than him. I wish i would let some cat like that beat me up. I fought dudes twice my size in prison. I wish I would let OBJ get Busy on me. I would whip his fruity ass.

I will call him soft. IDGAF about what you or MPH have to say about it. Are yall the OBJ police.
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#56 » by magnumt » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:51 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
magnumt wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

BEcause he plays football means he can **** me up? :lol: Football players can get they ass whipped ot. I am bigger than dude and been in WAAAAAAY more fights than him. I wish i would let some cat like that beat me up. I fought dudes twice my size in prison. I wish I would let OBJ get Busy on me. I would whip his fruity ass.

I will call him soft. IDGAF about what you or MPH have to say about it. Are yall the OBJ police.

Fugazy nig*a says what...

magnumt6
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#57 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:55 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I actually didn't like the mcadoo hire...always leary of guys getting hired because they coached great players. Mcadoo got his shot because he was aaron rodgers QB coach for 1 year :lol: He was the tight ends coach there and never called a game in his life what qualifications, he was a bum.

As for shurmur, we don't know just like we know less about Patricia, and even less about Wilks. In terms of experience. Damn even the steelers are considering fire tomlin and he hasn't had a losing year ever and is 116-60....coaching is crazy. You can only go after what is available.

But if the plan is to draft your next franchise QB at least it makes sense to get someone that has developed some good ones. I would love to here McNabb's take on this since it seems he had a big part in his development.

Man Tomlin.... :droop: :droop:

Im not going to ride for any coach, untill he proves he can hack it.I would have treated Wilks and Pat the same even if I wanted them. So you can defend him, but the reality is we dont know. Mcadoo made sense to the giants and we see how that went. Also we are pegging these top QBs as great before they play. We have seen time and time again top drafted QB's be suspect. Lets see if we pick the right one, and he can hack it before we sit here and throw shumur a parade down the canyon of heroes.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#58 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:58 pm

magnumt wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
magnumt wrote:

Fugazy nig*a says what...

I would bet you would not call me Fugazy to my face. Old Guyana ass.... Sit yo ass down mags. Idont even have time for this clown schit. You acting like a bird cause I called OBJ soft. Maybe he is your boyfriend or something. :lol: Even MPH is not butt hurt.

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#59 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:00 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:Man Tomlin.... :droop: :droop:

Im not going to ride for any coach, untill he proves he can hack it.I would have treated Wilks and Pat the same even if I wanted them. So you can defend him, but the reality is we dont know. Mcadoo made sense to the giants and we see how that went. Also we are pegging these top QBs as great before they play. We have seen time and time again top drafted QB's be suspect. Lets see if we pick the right one, and he can hack it before we sit here and throw shumur a parade down the canyon of heroes.

man I get it. The giants haven't been making the best decisions lately but gotta give the new regime (meaning gettleman a shot). Reese had the reigns for so long we haven't seen a new decision maker) and he did build up the panthers to be a superbowl team so I think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of what coach he wants.

I mean he knew Wilks well, if he thought he was going to be the next Tomlin I think he would have hired him no? Unless you feel the mara's put the kibosh on going with an unknown 1 year coordinator again like Mcadoo.

But we are the only team to win a superbowl in the last 4 decades so I mean we have to be doing something right as an organization...this ain't the knicks :lol:

ROSTER

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#60 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:03 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:Man Tomlin.... :droop: :droop:

man I get it. The giants haven't been making the best decisions lately but gotta give the new regime (meaning gettleman a shot). Reese had the reigns for so long we haven't seen a new decision maker) and he did build up the panthers to be a superbowl team so I think we have to give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of what coach he wants.

I mean he knew Wilks well, if he thought he was going to be the next Tomlin I think he would have hired him no? Unless you feel the mara's put the kibosh on going with an unknown 1 year coordinator again like Mcadoo.

But we are the only team to win a superbowl in the last 4 decades so I mean we have to be doing something right as an organization...this ain't the knicks :lol:

well Unless you have not been following this. MARA said THEY would be the ones picking the coach not the GM. So yeah that MAras prob did put the "Kibosh" :lol:

Return to New York Knicks