ImageImageImageImageImage

Do you think Amare Stoudemire would come back?

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,298

Re: Do you think Amare Stoudemire would come back to the New York Knicks? 

Post#21 » by Side beard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:51 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Side beard wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Is Janis certified? Was Hakeem certified when we paid him to work with Amare?

You don’t need to be certified to do a job. I’m not a certified welder but I weld **** up for people for money.

Back to the original question. Could you imagine what Amare could do with KP in one summer? Amare works on KPs strength/core/conditioning and his explosiveness. All things Amare is an expert in and Janis is not.

Janis was a professional basketball player.
Just because Amare had decent career, doesnt mean he can teach just as good.
Krispy definitely is not your typical power forward.

Amare wasn’t? Amare was an NBA all star and borderline MVP candidate if not held back by chronic knee injuries.

You gunna tell me that Janis can teach KP about physical conditioning and strength better then Amare could? Comparing Janis as a professional to Amare is kind of laughable.

For physical conditioning and strength Kristaps better be looking for professional trainer. I doubt Amare made his own training routines and diet.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Re: Do you think Amare Stoudemire would come back? 

Post#22 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:05 pm

Didn't KP work with a Spanish PT?
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#23 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:10 pm

Side beard wrote:For physical conditioning and strength Kristaps better be looking for professional trainer. I doubt Amare made his own training routines and diet.

Yeah when Amare was 22 he had his own trainers. Now dude is probably around 36.

I’d rather have KP working with a 36 ex beast who was a 6x NBA all star then some 26 year old dude with a college degree.

Amare has his own diets and workout routines as well as a ton of knowledge when it comes to health and fitness. He would make a great personal trainer IMO.
rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Post#24 » by rrosario35 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:15 pm

Mecca wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

You guys have a rule book or something?
I guess it's ok to think you know but it's always such a matter of fact. lol :lol:
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#25 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:15 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:KP is not going to leave what he has with his brother. Also not sure Amare would be interested frankly. Dude has a lot of different stuff going on and likes to travel.

BTW, Amare had a different body type so exact results are far from guaranteed.

I know. I have spent a lot of my time in the weight room myself. Also blacks have crazy good genetics when it comes to weightlifting/body building. Amare himself was a freak of nature.

With that aside, he still has the knowledge to help KP get to that next step physically. Amare will have him dieiting/eating right and training hard.

In order for KP to get to the next step, he needs to own that weight room.
rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Post#26 » by rrosario35 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Naah this isn't even true. You actually aren't allowed to be a personal trainer without a certification. Especially for a Franchise. It's literally not allowed. Maybe he can just work w KP in the Summer.

You guys have a rule book or something?
I guess it's ok to think you know but it's always such a matter of fact. lol :lol
Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,298

Post#27 » by Side beard » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:23 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Side beard wrote:For physical conditioning and strength Kristaps better be looking for professional trainer. I doubt Amare made his own training routines and diet.

Yeah when Amare was 22 he had his own trainers. Now dude is probably around 36.

I’d rather have KP working with a 36 ex beast who was a 6x NBA all star then some 26 year old dude with a college degree.

Amare has his own diets and workout routines as well as a ton of knowledge when it comes to health and fitness. He would make a great personal trainer IMO.

I haven't watched how he looked in Israel. But if he can keep his body and knees healthy enough, then its all good.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#28 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:04 pm

Not enough wine baths in the world can convince me the "Green Light on Defense" should return to the New York Knicks. :lol:
DE FENSE
RealGM
And1: 2,631

Post#29 » by DE FENSE » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:21 pm

It's a shame we burned that bridge with Patrick. It's truly a gotdamn shame
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#30 » by Boarder Patrol » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Feel like there are plenty of professional personal trainers with more knowledge of diet, conditioning and exercise than Amare. He worked insanely hard but that doesn't make him an expert, or a good teacher. Remember it was his hyped back bulk-up that accelerated a lot of his injuries with the added weight.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,306

Post#31 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:17 pm

His best Knick gig would be Bat Mitzvah sidekick for KOQ
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,264

Post#32 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:46 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Not enough wine baths in the world can convince me the "Green Light on Defense" should return to the New York Knicks. :lol:

There is plenty of room for KP and Janis

Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,923

Post#33 » by god shammgod » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:47 pm

janis is not his trainer. he has a trainer that was shaq's trainer and other athletes and celebrities. you can read about him here.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/meet-personal-trainer-tasked-keeping-porzingis-healthy-article-1.3710055
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,997

Post#34 » by Nazrmohamed » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:49 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:Image

It’s hard to understand what I’m saying ? You don’t think Amare (like or hate him) could physically change KP for the better?

Amare spent about 65% of his time with us on the injury reserve list and another 15% on a minutes restriction. Unless you need him to teach KP what wine to bathe in, I don't need for him to be anywhere near the Knicks. KP could look no further than Oquinn and Kanter if he needs to learn how to muscle up. Not to mention he's got a good trainer, just needs more time, that's all
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#35 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 pm

exclusive footage of amare training KP
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#36 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:33 pm

Whatever Amar'e did to his knees...keep him away! :lol:
:beer: RIP mags
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,416

Post#37 » by BadNewsBarnes » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:55 pm

I4BTL
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#38 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:12 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Naah this isn't even true. You actually aren't allowed to be a personal trainer without a certification. Especially for a Franchise. It's literally not allowed. Maybe he can just work w KP in the Summer.

If he wants to just work with Stat in the Summer he can, but it wouldn't be as a personal trainer or paid for by the Knicks.

Idk why you are derailing my thread. I’m not saying for the Knicks to sign him for a full time position. 1 summer with KP. That is all.

There’s a lot pivoting that needs to be done when media hurls questions about Phil Jackson and Steve Kerr, the new Golden State Warriors coach that many thought would be the next coach for the New York Knicks. He also learned a ton about pivoting from Hall of Fame center Hakeem Olajuwon, and revamped his game to become a more forceful post presence.

Stoudemire’s post-playing career could see another pivot – this time into personal training. “I’ve thought about it a lot actually,” STAT said. “Going through a lot of injuries, knowing so much about physical recovery and muscle building. I’ve thought about really going into personal training when I’m done playing.”

The six-time NBA All-Star said that nutrition is the key to his fitness and recovery. He’s tried kosher diets and vegan diets and, together with his personal chef Max Hardy, launched a cookbook called Cooking with Amar’e: 100 Easy Recipes for Pros and Rookies in the Kitchen earlier this year.

Amare has stated wanting to become a personal trainer. I’m not saying hire him full time. But the things we need KP to improve on, that is what made STAT who he was.

KP needs to get stronger,better conditioning, more explosive. Amare can help with that more then Janis can. That’s my only point.

Agree or disagree that Amare with KP for one summer would be more beneficial then another summer with Janis?

If KP wants to work out with is brother, it doesn't matter who else is out there. I would say there may be better people than Amare for KP to work with. I would say that Noah is probably an idea workout/training partner with the exception of perhaps vitamin supplements. There is a difference between a beach body and a basketball body and Amare would probably be helping KP with the former more than the latter. Kurt Thomas, on the other hand, managed his body very well and was able to get all the essential muscles for defense working well (feet, core). Other guys who would probably help KP with his body would be Steve Nash or Kobe. Neither will happen, but those guys have extensive work out routines.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Post#39 » by nedleeds » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 am

He could get him tatted up right quick.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#40 » by dakomish23 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:58 am

3toheadmelo wrote:exclusive footage of amare training KP

One of the greatest gifs ever

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit

Return to New York Knicks