ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, King of Canada, GONYK, mpharris36, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, Thugger HBC, j4remi, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,384
And1: 8,777
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1661 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:57 pm





Benny just floated on the second song, Buffalo really got the whole state on it's back right now, can't decide who I like more between Conway and Benny now.
Marcus
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 9,332
And1: 4,163
Joined: Mar 03, 2014

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1662 » by Marcus » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:48 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:



Benny just floated on the second song, Buffalo really got the whole state on it's back right now, can't decide who I like more between Conway and Benny now.


Checked that this morning. Flames throughout.
Watch More Basketball

Sometimes silence is the best thing you can contribute to a conversation
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,062
And1: 33,735
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1663 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:09 pm

This board be sleeping on the south


Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,062
And1: 33,735
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1664 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:15 pm

Im quarantine clean so relaxxx
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 20,647
And1: 14,233
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
     

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1665 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:22 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:This board be sleeping on the south


i love lil baby.

i think most of us are older NY guys. a lot of us hold onto that classic NY approach and sound. i like a diverse array of hip-hop and have tried to at least understand a lot of the younger guys. i've also accepted the shift to atlanta as the epicenter of black media and culture. it is what it is.

all i can say is keep speaking up for the other stuff you like. the board gonna do what it do. i appreciate all the stuff that gets shared that i don't know about. most of us were "put on" to our favorite stuff.
RIP magnumt

all we got iz us szn(s)
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,062
And1: 33,735
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1666 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:34 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:This board be sleeping on the south


i love lil baby.

i think most of us are older NY guys. a lot of us hold onto that classic NY approach and sound. i like a diverse array of hip-hop and have tried to at least understand a lot of the younger guys. i've also accepted the shift to atlanta as the epicenter of black media and culture. it is what it is.

all i can say is keep speaking up for the other stuff you like. the board gonna do what it do. i appreciate all the stuff that gets shared that i don't know about. most of us were "put on" to our favorite stuff.

Facts. Im younger than a lot of you guys and I live in Florida so im tryna put yall on some new different stuff haha
It's fun watching Lil Baby's growth. I been posting him here since way before he blew up and he has really progressed since then. Big fan of the last album he dropped. This was my favorite joint off it. Lil Uzi be snapping too. Not sure if you guys are familiar with him lol
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 20,647
And1: 14,233
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
     

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1667 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:25 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:This board be sleeping on the south


i love lil baby.

i think most of us are older NY guys. a lot of us hold onto that classic NY approach and sound. i like a diverse array of hip-hop and have tried to at least understand a lot of the younger guys. i've also accepted the shift to atlanta as the epicenter of black media and culture. it is what it is.

all i can say is keep speaking up for the other stuff you like. the board gonna do what it do. i appreciate all the stuff that gets shared that i don't know about. most of us were "put on" to our favorite stuff.

Facts. Im younger than a lot of you guys and I live in Florida so im tryna put yall on some new different stuff haha
It's fun watching Lil Baby's growth. I been posting him here since way before he blew up and he has really progressed since then. Big fan of the last album he dropped. This was my favorite joint off it. Lil Uzi be snapping too. Not sure if you guys are familiar with him lol


i like uzi too. i need to re-listen to lil baby's new album. my expectations were really high and it didn't grab me at first. but i see he went with a more sentimental touch. i appreciated that, but i didn't feel the bangers.

some young(er)/newer guys i fugs with: lil baby, gunna (drip too hard might be my favorite song of the last 5 years), roddy ricch, dababy, uzi, a boogie... feeling lil durk's new approach more than his older schidt. and i wouldn't call myself a polo g and lil tay fan, but "pop out" is my schidt.

on the more heady side, i'm feeling cordae, all them cats on dreamville, saba... i'm sure there's more on both sides.

my wife is a major traditionalist. so she gets bothered by how open i am to listening to the newer ****. sonically it's just not for her, which i completely understand. it's been an adjustment for me. but i just look for high quality stuff that sounds like effort was put into it, no matter what. i think older heads have a hard time finding the artisty in less lyrically dense and topically diverse rap music, which i understand too. clearly there's stuff i don't see, but i also accept that i'm probably not supposed to get it. i'm damn near 40.
RIP magnumt

all we got iz us szn(s)
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,062
And1: 33,735
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1668 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:31 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
i love lil baby.

i think most of us are older NY guys. a lot of us hold onto that classic NY approach and sound. i like a diverse array of hip-hop and have tried to at least understand a lot of the younger guys. i've also accepted the shift to atlanta as the epicenter of black media and culture. it is what it is.

all i can say is keep speaking up for the other stuff you like. the board gonna do what it do. i appreciate all the stuff that gets shared that i don't know about. most of us were "put on" to our favorite stuff.

Facts. Im younger than a lot of you guys and I live in Florida so im tryna put yall on some new different stuff haha
It's fun watching Lil Baby's growth. I been posting him here since way before he blew up and he has really progressed since then. Big fan of the last album he dropped. This was my favorite joint off it. Lil Uzi be snapping too. Not sure if you guys are familiar with him lol


i like uzi too. i need to re-listen to lil baby's new album. my expectations were really high and it didn't grab me at first. but i see he went with a more sentimental touch. i appreciated that, but i didn't feel the bangers.

some young(er)/newer guys i fugs with: lil baby, gunna (drip too hard might be my favorite song of the last 5 years), roddy ricch, dababy, uzi, a boogie... feeling lil durk's new approach more than his older schidt. and i wouldn't call myself a polo g and lil tay fan, but "pop out" is my schidt.

on the more heady side, i'm feeling cordae, all them cats on dreamville, saba... i'm sure there's more on both sides.

my wife is a major traditionalist. so she gets bothered by how open i am to listening to the newer ****. sonically it's just not for her, which i completely understand. it's been an adjustment for me. but i just look for high quality stuff that sounds like effort was put into it, no matter what. i think older heads have a hard time finding the artisty in less lyrically dense and topically diverse rap music, which i understand too. clearly there's stuff i don't see, but i also accept that i'm probably not supposed to get it. i'm damn near 40.

I listen to all those guys you just mentioned as well. Roddy Ricch stands out the most cause his style is different than pretty much everyone. He's gonna be big for a long time
Theres a lot of new guys that just sound like garbage to me like Lil Pump, Blueface, etc. They dont put no efforts in their songs and it sounds very repetitive with no substance. They make my generation look bad lol

I agree that once you get older it gets harder to understand the younger people though. It happens with every generation and I am sure once I get older I will be doing the same thing
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 59,856
And1: 27,070
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1669 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:05 am

How about da funk?

Image
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Head Coach
Posts: 6,526
And1: 9,395
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1670 » by SelbyCobra » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:39 pm

I didn't know Da Baby had the kind of support I've seen in this thread. I live in a lily white conservative region in NorCal, and Da Baby is the rapper all the middle school/high school white kids whose parents begin sentences like, "look, I'm not racist, but..." listen to. I'm not trying to be funny at all - that's what I've known him for (well that and the WalMart shooting & IG bravado back and forths) since I started hearing his name.

On another note, I came here to post this visual which is more my [old head] speed. RTJ released it a couple of days ago, and it's great. Got Greg N-I-C-E to rep his sample, and the end with Preemo is just fire. The whole thing is crazy beautiful and made me bop and smile for a minute in this madness we've got going on now.

Image
User avatar
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
Posts: 100,839
And1: 62,081
Joined: Feb 18, 2006
Location: Never Too Early to Tank

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1671 » by god shammgod » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:50 pm

it's not really about east or south to me, it's more the sound of the actual music. i actually like different sounds but when it gets too commercial it aint for me. like i liked 21 savage's first mixtape with red opps & skrt skrt but eventually the music changed and it wasn't for me as much. i understand though, get that money.

anyway. right now i like duke duece from memphis. he's signed to qc. i don't feel like too many people in ny are aware of him for whatever reason.


Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,062
And1: 33,735
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1672 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:02 pm

god shammgod wrote:it's not really about east or south to me, it's more the sound of the actual music. i actually like different sounds but when it gets too commercial it aint for me. like i liked 21 savage's first mixtape with red opps & skrt skrt but eventually the music changed and it wasn't for me as much. i understand though, get that money.

anyway. right now i like duke duece from memphis. he's signed to qc. i don't feel like too many people in ny are aware of him for whatever reason.



I like him too


My favorite out of Memphis rn is Key Glock. Yellow Tape one of my favorite projects this year
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
King of Canada
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 16,252
And1: 11,815
Joined: Nov 03, 2005
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1673 » by King of Canada » Fri May 1, 2020 5:09 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:I didn't know Da Baby had the kind of support I've seen in this thread. I live in a lily white conservative region in NorCal, and Da Baby is the rapper all the middle school/high school white kids whose parents begin sentences like, "look, I'm not racist, but..." listen to. I'm not trying to be funny at all - that's what I've known him for (well that and the WalMart shooting & IG bravado back and forths) since I started hearing his name.

On another note, I came here to post this visual which is more my [old head] speed. RTJ released it a couple of days ago, and it's great. Got Greg N-I-C-E to rep his sample, and the end with Preemo is just fire. The whole thing is crazy beautiful and made me bop and smile for a minute in this madness we've got going on now.



Came here to post the same! Video is great and premo is the goat. I'm going to listen to lots of RTJ this weekend.
BAF Pacers :king:

RIP mags :beer:
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Head Coach
Posts: 6,526
And1: 9,395
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1674 » by SelbyCobra » Sun May 10, 2020 2:44 am

Just got done with the vibes of Jill Scott and Erykah Badu (along with 730K other people), and Verzuz wastes no time in dropping this in the aftermath:

Read on Twitter


Off top that seems like Luda easily, but I think Nelly's banger catalog might be deeper than that.
Image
User avatar
NoDopeOnSundays
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,384
And1: 8,777
Joined: Nov 22, 2005
         

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1675 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Mon May 11, 2020 4:06 am

Loaded_Hollows
Junior
Posts: 389
And1: 597
Joined: Apr 28, 2019
     

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1676 » by Loaded_Hollows » Fri May 15, 2020 12:24 pm



Will snapped. Straight fire.
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,062
And1: 33,735
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1677 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri May 15, 2020 5:06 pm

Remixed Changes by Pac and did not disappoint
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 20,647
And1: 14,233
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
     

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1678 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri May 15, 2020 8:16 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Remixed Changes by Pac and did not disappoint


bruh, this fire.

i was reluctant to listen because i find the changes beat so annoying/boring. but the modern approach is EXACTLY what it needed. i fux with this.
RIP magnumt

all we got iz us szn(s)
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 37,062
And1: 33,735
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1679 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat May 16, 2020 6:25 pm

The OG Philthy Rich so underrated


Oakland x Houston lets get it
Cavs Nation
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?
?/?/?

It's like when n*ggas make subliminal records
If it ain't directed directly at me, I don't respect it
User avatar
SelbyCobra
Head Coach
Posts: 6,526
And1: 9,395
Joined: May 25, 2011

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#1680 » by SelbyCobra » Sun May 17, 2020 2:35 am

Just finished up with Luda/Nelly and Swizz and Snoop are on the Live talking about a Busta vs Snoop matchup...now THAT is a party/celebration! WHHHHEEEEEWWW, Busta probably technically "loses" but he has a DEEEEEEEPPPPPP catalog that will have him in every single round.

Snoop also talking about Cube vs LL...
Image

Return to New York Knicks