ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Capn'O, GONYK, mrpoetryNmotion, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, King of Canada

User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 16,729
And1: 15,450
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#21 » by IllmaticHandler » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:35 pm

god shammgod wrote:

i thought this was dead but star might save it. i used to love his show.


Star was still doing his thing, just on youtube. But if he made it to COmplex this show is about to take off like never before. He is perfect for it. Funny cause Star is about his paper and there is no way he would not take a big check. But they would not pay Joe Budden.
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: R. Holmes | T.Maker
PF J. Green | C. Diallo
SF B. Ingram | J. Bird
SG K. Middleton | 2K Ferg
PG M. Fultz | I. Whitehead
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 26,302
And1: 8,978
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: chin of oak // administer of ass whooping
     

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#22 » by Mecca » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:56 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

i thought this was dead but star might save it. i used to love his show.


Star was still doing his thing, just on youtube. But if he made it to COmplex this show is about to take off like never before. He is perfect for it. Funny cause Star is about his paper and there is no way he would not take a big check. But they would not pay Joe Budden.


Only thing I think that prevents the show from taking off is wAkademiks not being able to take the heat from Star. Star is going to keep it a stack and berate Wack way more than Joe did. I think Wack leaves for his YouTube checks on his own site.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Dorian Finney-Smith
5 | Dwayne Dedmon | JaVale McGee
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 26,302
And1: 8,978
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: chin of oak // administer of ass whooping
     

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#23 » by Mecca » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:28 am

Naah this SiR album is something special. Best TDE release since Blank Face

BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Dorian Finney-Smith
5 | Dwayne Dedmon | JaVale McGee
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 16,729
And1: 15,450
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#24 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:30 am

Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

i thought this was dead but star might save it. i used to love his show.


Star was still doing his thing, just on youtube. But if he made it to COmplex this show is about to take off like never before. He is perfect for it. Funny cause Star is about his paper and there is no way he would not take a big check. But they would not pay Joe Budden.


Only thing I think that prevents the show from taking off is wAkademiks not being able to take the heat from Star. Star is going to keep it a stack and berate Wack way more than Joe did. I think Wack leaves for his YouTube checks on his own site.



even those who are nto familar to Star as well. MAd people cant take his brutalness. :lol:
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: R. Holmes | T.Maker
PF J. Green | C. Diallo
SF B. Ingram | J. Bird
SG K. Middleton | 2K Ferg
PG M. Fultz | I. Whitehead
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 26,302
And1: 8,978
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: chin of oak // administer of ass whooping
     

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#25 » by Mecca » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:32 am

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Star was still doing his thing, just on youtube. But if he made it to COmplex this show is about to take off like never before. He is perfect for it. Funny cause Star is about his paper and there is no way he would not take a big check. But they would not pay Joe Budden.


Only thing I think that prevents the show from taking off is wAkademiks not being able to take the heat from Star. Star is going to keep it a stack and berate Wack way more than Joe did. I think Wack leaves for his YouTube checks on his own site.



even those who are nto familar to Star as well. MAd people cant take his brutalness. :lol:


Bruh please listen to this 9 seconds. I was crying. Complex really gave Star a bag to co-host a show w a girl he wanna jerk off on's leg. :lol:


Read on Twitter
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Dorian Finney-Smith
5 | Dwayne Dedmon | JaVale McGee
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,918
And1: 3,761
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: The game ain't in me no more. None of it.

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#26 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:36 am

Drink Champs >>>
Utah Jazz
Jokic x Plumlee
Gordon x Sabonis
Fournier x Abrines
Russell x Bayless x Valentine
Conley x Parker
Image
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 26,302
And1: 8,978
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: chin of oak // administer of ass whooping
     

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#27 » by Mecca » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:44 am

Manhattan Project wrote:Drink Champs >>>


Drink Champs is dope. NORE is really good at the whole podcasting thing. I like the Budden podcast a little more personally. Ever since they switched Marisa Mendez w Mal, it became a much more fluid listen.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Dorian Finney-Smith
5 | Dwayne Dedmon | JaVale McGee
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 16,729
And1: 15,450
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#28 » by IllmaticHandler » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:53 am

Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Only thing I think that prevents the show from taking off is wAkademiks not being able to take the heat from Star. Star is going to keep it a stack and berate Wack way more than Joe did. I think Wack leaves for his YouTube checks on his own site.



even those who are nto familar to Star as well. MAd people cant take his brutalness. :lol:


Bruh please listen to this 9 seconds. I was crying. Complex really gave Star a bag to co-host a show w a girl he wanna jerk off on's leg. :lol:


Read on Twitter


I actually heard that when it came out. I still followed him all these years. Its star being star... :lol:
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: R. Holmes | T.Maker
PF J. Green | C. Diallo
SF B. Ingram | J. Bird
SG K. Middleton | 2K Ferg
PG M. Fultz | I. Whitehead
User avatar
2010
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
Posts: 17,619
And1: 7,574
Joined: Jul 24, 2008
Location: "To be the man, you gotta beat the man!"
       

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#29 » by 2010 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:06 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter


grab ur durags... it's 2004 again :lol:


Spoiler:
Image
Toronto Raptors

PG: L. Ball | S. Larkin | M. James
SG: B. Hield | T. EvansĀ | M. Harris
SF: J. Simmons | D. Williams | A. Anderson
PF: D. Green | S. Ibaka | J. Martin
C: S. Adams | B. Wright | D. Jones
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,918
And1: 3,761
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: The game ain't in me no more. None of it.

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#30 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:29 am

Mecca wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Drink Champs >>>


Drink Champs is dope. NORE is really good at the whole podcasting thing. I like the Budden podcast a little more personally. Ever since they switched Marisa Mendez w Mal, it became a much more fluid listen.


Budden keeps it current, for me personally I don't give a damn about what's going on these days. For me Drink Champs is giving you stories that you never heard, even if Nore cuts people off left and right. Watch the Dash interview, the Irv Gotta interview, Preme/Pete Rock interview etc... Nore got the rap podcast belt to me and ain't no one taking it from him.
Utah Jazz
Jokic x Plumlee
Gordon x Sabonis
Fournier x Abrines
Russell x Bayless x Valentine
Conley x Parker
Image
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 12,895
And1: 5,900
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#31 » by Phish Tank » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:32 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Drink Champs >>>


Drink Champs is dope. NORE is really good at the whole podcasting thing. I like the Budden podcast a little more personally. Ever since they switched Marisa Mendez w Mal, it became a much more fluid listen.


Budden keeps it current, for me personally I don't give a damn about what's going on these days. For me Drink Champs is giving you stories that you never heard, even if Nore cuts people off left and right. Watch the Dash interview, the Irv Gotta interview, Preme/Pete Rock interview etc... Nore got the rap podcast belt to me and ain't no one taking it from him.


yea NORE took the crown from Rap Radar and - sadly - the Combat Jack show.

Only issue I have with NORE is that he tends to interrupt guests way too often in the middle of good thoughts and that it takes me a couple sessions to fully listen to one of the interviews because they're like 2-3 hours long :lol:
CMFGB/SMFPB

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox (34)/Kilpatrick (25)/Galloway
SG: Snell (30)/Waiters (10)/Wade/Rose
SF: Derrick Jones Jr (30)/Ill Will (18)
PF: Randle (30) /Rabb (13)
C: Willy (30)/Vucevic (10)/Stone(10)/Tavares

Exempt: Thomas Bryant
User avatar
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 35,918
And1: 3,761
Joined: Feb 23, 2005
Location: The game ain't in me no more. None of it.

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#32 » by Manhattan Project » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:37 am

Phish Tank wrote:yea NORE took the crown from Rap Radar and - sadly - the Combat Jack show.

Only issue I have with NORE is that he tends to interrupt guests way too often in the middle of good thoughts and that it takes me a couple sessions to fully listen to one of the interviews because they're like 2-3 hours long :lol:


It's part of the reason I like the podcast so much, it's not a straight up interview. It's literally just rappers talking barbershop talk. Even EFN is useless on the show, but still they make it work. Nore's random do you eat ass? He's constant need to tell you he's dyslexic and his butchering of words are all hilarious to me.
Utah Jazz
Jokic x Plumlee
Gordon x Sabonis
Fournier x Abrines
Russell x Bayless x Valentine
Conley x Parker
Image
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 12,895
And1: 5,900
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#33 » by Phish Tank » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:40 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Phish Tank wrote:yea NORE took the crown from Rap Radar and - sadly - the Combat Jack show.

Only issue I have with NORE is that he tends to interrupt guests way too often in the middle of good thoughts and that it takes me a couple sessions to fully listen to one of the interviews because they're like 2-3 hours long :lol:


It's part of the reason I like the podcast so much, it's not a straight up interview. It's literally just rappers talking barbershop talk. Even EFN is useless on the show, but still they make it work. Nore's random do you eat ass? He's constant need to tell you he's dyslexic and his butchering of words are all hilarious to me.


Agreed, it's definitely a hilarious podcast to listen to. I'm always entertained
CMFGB/SMFPB

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox (34)/Kilpatrick (25)/Galloway
SG: Snell (30)/Waiters (10)/Wade/Rose
SF: Derrick Jones Jr (30)/Ill Will (18)
PF: Randle (30) /Rabb (13)
C: Willy (30)/Vucevic (10)/Stone(10)/Tavares

Exempt: Thomas Bryant
Metta World WAR
Ballboy
Posts: 44
And1: 37
Joined: Jul 21, 2017
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#34 » by Metta World WAR » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:10 am

User avatar
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 32,344
And1: 8,837
Joined: Jun 23, 2008
         

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#35 » by j4remi » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:53 pm

They replaced Joe with Star!? That's crazy...Dude laid the trolling blueprint before it was a term. I was in middle school and highschool listening to this dude go off every morning. Appreciated that he acknowledged the written battle rap growth before a lot of heads gave it props. He's cutthroat though, Idk how younger fans will take to him.
BAF Knicks
PG - Payton/Taylor/Goodwin
SG - Ntilikina/L Williams/Clavell
SF - MKG/Bogdanovich/Hezonja
PF - Saric/Bertans/Lydon
C - Gobert/Zbo

Ex A. Kaba, Monte Morris, Hartenstein

Finally a Recaps Stash:
https://medium.com/@j4remi
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 20,841
And1: 13,395
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#36 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:10 pm

Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Bryn Forbes
SG: Josh Jackson/Royce O'Neale/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Kyle Anderson/Glenn Robinson
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
Knickstape1214
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 44,680
And1: 22,772
Joined: Jul 16, 2009
Location: Lawyering
Contact:
     

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#37 » by Knickstape1214 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Culture II. :o
User avatar
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
Posts: 16,729
And1: 15,450
Joined: Jul 26, 2004
Location: Brooklyn(Medina) NYC

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#38 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:48 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Classic



fucck you know about this.... :o
ORLANDO MAGIC

C: R. Holmes | T.Maker
PF J. Green | C. Diallo
SF B. Ingram | J. Bird
SG K. Middleton | 2K Ferg
PG M. Fultz | I. Whitehead
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 20,841
And1: 13,395
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#39 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:23 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Classic



fucck you know about this.... :o

Image
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Bryn Forbes
SG: Josh Jackson/Royce O'Neale/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Kyle Anderson/Glenn Robinson
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 20,841
And1: 13,395
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Official Rap/Hip Hop Thread V 

Post#40 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:02 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Culture II. :o

migos starting to get outplayed man. album got a couple nice songs but most of them sound the same :-? they need to go back to their roots like YRN..
Cavs

PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Bryn Forbes
SG: Josh Jackson/Royce O'Neale/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Kyle Anderson/Glenn Robinson
PF: Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan/Long
C: Bam Adebayo/Dwight Powell/Justin Patton

Image

Return to New York Knicks