ImageImageImageImageImage

College Basketball/Draft Thread (4)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Who is the next piece

Marvin Bagley
13%
Luka Doncic
38%
DeAndre Ayton
4%
Mikal Bridges
18%
Mo Bamba
4%
Michael Porter Jr
3%
Trae Young
5%
Jaren Jackson Jr
6%
Kevin Knox
6%
Other
4%

Total votes: 109

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Re: College Basketball/Draft Thread (4) 

Post#81 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:39 pm

Capn'O wrote:I think KT went for a best overall list as opposed to guys in our range.

I think we’ll be top 10 by end of season.
2010 wrote:Lula Doncic

Lula Doncic

Lula Doncic

Lula Doncic

Lula Doncic

:oops: I’ll change in a second. I’m embarrassed lol.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#82 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:40 pm

It’s spelled correctly now :lol: Damn, good catch 2010. Also made it so you can have two choices.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,254

Post#83 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:15 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:It’s spelled correctly now :lol: Damn, good catch 2010. Also made it so you can have two choices.

It's still immortalized.

Capn'O wrote:I voted for Lula.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#84 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:59 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:It’s spelled correctly now :lol: Damn, good catch 2010. Also made it so you can have two choices.

It's still immortalized.

You know we can edit posts as mods... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#85 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:03 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

It's still immortalized.

You know we can edit posts as mods... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know. I thought about locking the post but realized that you can also unlock. The best offense I have is to keep quoting it :-D
BAF Clippers

IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#86 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:05 pm

meanwhile somewhere in Otherville...

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#87 » by HEZI » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:18 pm

Troy Brown wishes he had this type of scoring ability

DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#88 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:20 pm

I actually really can't believe Luka's vote is that much higher than Bagley's... You all have really fallen in love with that Spurs/Euro stuff haven't you hahah. There's no way he's on another tier than Bagley like this vote is suggesting.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#89 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:I actually really can't believe Luka's vote is that much higher than Bagley's... You all have really fallen in love with that Spurs/Euro stuff haven't you hahah. There's no way he's on another tier than Bagley like this vote is suggesting.

More about positional need. If we had, say, Frank and Tatum as our young tandem and a bunch of solid guards you'd see a lot more Bagley/Ayton interest. But no, we have KP and a metric **** ton of other bigs. It's like how Lauri was poo pooed here last year even though he was a REALLY good prospect. You get two guys on the _same_ tier and you go for the guy that fits better.
BAF Clippers

Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#90 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:I actually really can't believe Luka's vote is that much higher than Bagley's... You all have really fallen in love with that Spurs/Euro stuff haven't you hahah. There's no way he's on another tier than Bagley like this vote is suggesting.

More about positional need. If we had, say, Frank and Tatum as our young tandem and a bunch of solid guards you'd see a lot more Bagley/Ayton interest. But no, we have KP and a metric **** ton of other bigs. It's like how Lauri was poo pooed here last year even though he was a REALLY good prospect. You get two guys on the _same_ tier and you go for the guy that fits better.

My view on it is this though... None of those bigs that we have really fit with KP well and the only one who is in our long term plans seemingly is KOQ and him with the others are all bench pieces anyway. Bagley literally fits like a glove next to KP and IMO is the best prospect in the draft. So, to me, with the other bigs being irrelevant for the future I would take Bagley in a heartbeat over Doncic. I;m not as enamored with the fit of a Doncic/Frank/THJ backcourt as others are... It lacks athleticism and dynamic offensive ability outside of THJ. I think we need one more slasher type moreso than another lesser athletic passer. While I don't think it's necessarily a bad fit, I think the fit with Bagley is much more pure in the frontcourt than Doncic is for our backcourt. Also Lauri wasn't a great fit with Kp because of defensive concerns and they both kind of operate in the same areas and also he's nowhere near Bagley as a prospect.... FWIW I would take Doncic over all of the other bigs for the reasons you mentioned just not Bagley he's special to me.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#91 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:48 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

My view on it is this though... None of those bigs that we have really fit with KP well and the only one who is in our long term plans seemingly is KOQ and him with the others are all bench pieces anyway. Bagley literally fits like a glove next to KP and IMO is the best prospect in the draft. So, to me, with the other bigs being irrelevant for the future I would take Bagley in a heartbeat over Doncic. I;m not as enamored with the fit of a Doncic/Frank/THJ backcourt as others are... It lacks athleticism and dynamic offensive ability outside of THJ. I think we need one more slasher type moreso than another lesser athletic passer. While I don't think it's necessarily a bad fit, I think the fit with Bagley is much more pure in the frontcourt than Doncic is for our backcourt. Also Lauri wasn't a great fit with Kp because of defensive concerns and they both kind of operate in the same areas and also he's nowhere near Bagley as a prospect.... FWIW I would take Doncic over all of the other bigs for the reasons you mentioned just not Bagley he's special to me.

If you have Bagley on a different tier, then your conclusions make sense from then on out. That's a case to make.

I've never heard of a guy doing what Doncic has at his age in Europe and that's part of it. In terms of impact, he's just head and shoulders above where any other prospect has been at his age. But his athleticism is a concern when you're talking about just how elite he can be in the NBA.
BAF Clippers

Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#92 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:52 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

If you have Bagley on a different tier, then your conclusions make sense from then on out. That's a case to make.

I've never heard of a guy doing what Doncic has at his age in Europe and that's part of it. In terms of impact, he's just head and shoulders above where any other prospect has been at his age. But his athleticism is a concern when your talking about just how elite he can be in the NBA.

I don't know if I think Bagley is head and shoulders above Doncic but I do think he is better. But I honestly think his fit with us is better than Doncic's for reasons I've mentioned in previous threads. I think with Bagley you build an elite defense with an above average offense. I'm not so sure you can say the same with Doncic.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#93 » by Capn'O » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:55 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

I've never heard of a guy doing what Doncic has at his age in Europe and that's part of it. In terms of impact, he's just head and shoulders above where any other prospect has been at his age. But his athleticism is a concern when your talking about just how elite he can be in the NBA.

I don't know if I think Bagley is head and shoulders above Doncic but I do think he is better. But I honestly think his fit with us is better than Doncic's for reasons I've mentioned in previous threads. I think with Bagley you build an elite defense with an above average offense. I'm not so sure you can say the same with Doncic.

I mean Doncic is head and shoulders above any other Euro prospect. If we get so lucky as to have this choice then I'm open to an argument that Bagley is BPA. From the little I've seen, he's a monster.
BAF Clippers

Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#94 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Capn'O wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

I mean Doncic is head and shoulders above any other Euro prospect. If we get so lucky as to have this choice then I'm open to an argument that Bagley is BPA. From the little I've seen, he's a monster.

Agreed Doncic is a monster. We'd definitely be lucky to have either.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#95 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:57 pm

3totheheadother?

IllmaticHandler
RealGM

Post#96 » by IllmaticHandler » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:01 pm

"Other Brick Jr"

NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#97 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:06 pm

We can’t lose with either Bagley or Lula (yes, I did it on purpose this time).
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,754

Post#98 » by Fat » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:10 pm

Doncic fills a role and position we desperately need and arguably the best player in the draft. Neither player strikes me as a CLEARLY better player than the other.
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
Knicksfan1992
RealGM

Post#99 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:20 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:

Doncic fills a role and position we desperately need and arguably the best player in the draft. Neither player strikes me as a CLEARLY better player than the other.

I'd argue we need a long term fit next to KP that would allow him to function as strictly a rim protector on defense while not sacrificing rebounding or offensive ability just as desperately as we need a top tier wing...
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,571

Post#100 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:24 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:"Other Brick Jr"

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it

Return to New York Knicks