ImageImageImageImageImage

Frank and why we shouldn't worry

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,708

Re: Frank and why we shouldn't worry 

Post#21 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:24 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Without looking at the spoiler, guess who is player A and who is player B.

Player A - 5.2 PPG, 2.5 APG, 2.1 RPG, 1.4 TO, 37.1, 34.8, 77.1, .455TS%, .425EFG%
Player B - 5.3 PPG, 3.5 APG, 2.3 RPG, 1.9 TO, 34.8, 30.1, 71.1., .423TS%, .397EFG%

Spoiler:
A is Jrue Holiday; B is Frank

We all knew coming into the season that Frank was going to take some time to develop. After all, he should be a freshman in college now. Throughout the first 40 games, we've seen the highs and the lows of Frank, but even those who hate him, and y'all know who you are, cannot deny that he has potential. Whether or not he reaches it is up in the air, but to the fools who are calling him a bust and saying we should trade him, are, well...fools.

Player A was another guy who came into the NBA younger than the other guys in his class and he turned out to be a damn good, two way player. He was someone who Mecca, myself, and a few others who actually compared him to all of last season. Mecca said "Player A with a more European flair" and I was simplistic and said a "longer and better defensive Player A."

So, to everyone who is panicking that Frank is not doing as well as some thought he would...don't panic. He's still super early in his career and he's already shown he's an elite defender and a damn good passer. Just wait until he grows more accustomed to the NBA pace and the style of play, his role in the NBA, and once he has a full offseason to prepare (remember, he just finished his French league before starting with us).

I believe the future is bright...and to those who are freaking out, I say "woosah."

You're just looking for And1s :lol:
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#22 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:28 pm

Capn'O wrote:In some ways and on some plays, he has exceeded my expectations. His vision is much better than I anticipated. How good he gets is contingent on where his handle and overdrive gear get to, which I think will be far.

Dantares wrote:He has showed more than enough promise. I don't know why people are worried.

Just looking at this as an isolated game, i didn't mind Frank getting benched early and only playing 5 minutes. He didn't come with intensity, I am sure he will be aggressive and fired up coming into next game. Horny was teaching him a lesson.

Totally agree about yesterday. He earned his Rook Smackdown.

Exactly. We can see the flashes of his talent here and there. I'm confident he'll put it together, and when his does, it will be good.
Free Palestine
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,501

Post#23 » by j4remi » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:32 pm

I'm completely content being patient with him. I expected growing pains like this with KP tbh but the fact he took off so quickly might have thrown people's perceptions of how much patience you really need with a raw rookie. I don't think our coaching staff has helped him any either.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#24 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:35 pm

Amsterdam wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Don't worry about Frank. Worry about a Front Office who hasn't properly developed a rookie since Charlie Ward. Worry about a coach who gives Jarret Jack-Off more minutes and now, Burke from Aliens minutes that cut into Frank's development.

Frank's "development" cannot and is not more important than creating a winning atmosphere here in New York. Jarred, Trey, Baker, whomever can help create a win, is whom needs to be playing. Period.

If Frank is attacking both on offense and defense then he will play, if not, he sits some, gets angry, hungry and learns.

Nah, this is a developmental year. We should be focusing on developing our guys who will be here going forward, not pushing for that 9th seed in the east.

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Without looking at the spoiler, guess who is player A and who is player B.

Player A - 5.2 PPG, 2.5 APG, 2.1 RPG, 1.4 TO, 37.1, 34.8, 77.1, .455TS%, .425EFG%
Player B - 5.3 PPG, 3.5 APG, 2.3 RPG, 1.9 TO, 34.8, 30.1, 71.1., .423TS%, .397EFG%

Spoiler:

We all knew coming into the season that Frank was going to take some time to develop. After all, he should be a freshman in college now. Throughout the first 40 games, we've seen the highs and the lows of Frank, but even those who hate him, and y'all know who you are, cannot deny that he has potential. Whether or not he reaches it is up in the air, but to the fools who are calling him a bust and saying we should trade him, are, well...fools.

Player A was another guy who came into the NBA younger than the other guys in his class and he turned out to be a damn good, two way player. He was someone who Mecca, myself, and a few others who actually compared him to all of last season. Mecca said "Player A with a more European flair" and I was simplistic and said a "longer and better defensive Player A."

So, to everyone who is panicking that Frank is not doing as well as some thought he would...don't panic. He's still super early in his career and he's already shown he's an elite defender and a damn good passer. Just wait until he grows more accustomed to the NBA pace and the style of play, his role in the NBA, and once he has a full offseason to prepare (remember, he just finished his French league before starting with us).

I believe the future is bright...and to those who are freaking out, I say "woosah."

You're just looking for And1s

:lol: Not at all. It just bothers me that people have soured on him so quickly / hate him for no reason and call him a bust, when there is a direct precedent of development for this kind of player.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#25 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:37 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Amsterdam wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Don't worry about Frank. Worry about a Front Office who hasn't properly developed a rookie since Charlie Ward. Worry about a coach who gives Jarret Jack-Off more minutes and now, Burke from Aliens minutes that cut into Frank's development.

Frank's "development" cannot and is not more important than creating a winning atmosphere here in New York. Jarred, Trey, Baker, whomever can help create a win, is whom needs to be playing. Period.

If Frank is attacking both on offense and defense then he will play, if not, he sits some, gets angry, hungry and learns.

Nah, this is a developmental year. We should be focusing on developing our guys who will be here going forward, not pushing for that 9th seed in the east.

HarthorneWingo wrote:

Spoiler:

You're just looking for And1s

:lol: Not at all. It just bothers me that people have soured on him so quickly / hate him for no reason and call him a bust, when there is a direct precedent of development for this kind of player.

This jury is with you, counselor. :D Excellent post.
Free Palestine
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,379

Post#26 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:38 pm

How many of these guys are even going to be on the team going forward, or that we even want on the team going forward?

KP - Yes
Frank - Yes (for now, based on mood of posters)
THJr - Yes
WHG - Not sure
Baker - Who cares
Dotson - Who knows

And
That's
It

I got 3 definites and 3 maybes

Point being, outside of KP, Frank and THJr, what exactly are developing for when? I certainly hope 75% of the roster looks different two and three years from now. I mean, it should, if we want the team to be actually good.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,119

Post#27 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:43 pm

frank is very green and is the very definition of a project, he hasn't yet fully know what he's capable of.

if people are freaking out over last night then get used to it because it happens all the time, especially last night when frank looked like he was mentally checked out and wanted no part of being in the game.

it's a learning process, the game can be very humbling. i bet you frank went to sleep last night never wanting to experience that again and there's only one way to and that's bring it every game.

frank will be fine, the qualities he has is the qualities championship teams look for in a player.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,119

Post#28 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:44 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:Frank was simply awful yesterday

I don’t expect him to always succeed but he didn’t even try. He looked uninterested and unfocused

He has more mental growth than people like to admit

And we need to be patient, patient, patient

this.

there's bad play and then there's "this is something i don't want to see ever again, and i will make sure he remembers"
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#29 » by br7knicks » Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:47 pm

A is frank
B is Chris paul
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#30 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Amsterdam wrote:

exactly right

Youth is not enough

You need to play the right way

Frank tends to complain a little more than he should and looks lost

Get aggressive, attack the play and even if it doesn’t work out it’s fine

But go through the motions and give the ball away every time you cross mid court and you’ll sit until you learn
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,069

Re: RE: Re: Frank and why we shouldn't worry 

Post#31 » by GONYK » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:07 pm

j4remi wrote:I'm completely content being patient with him. I expected growing pains like this with KP tbh but the fact he took off so quickly might have thrown people's perceptions of how much patience you really need with a raw rookie. I don't think our coaching staff has helped him any either.
Funny thing is that KP is still a bit of a project
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#32 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:08 pm

blueNorange wrote:frank is very green and is the very definition of a project, he hasn't yet fully know what he's capable of.

if people are freaking out over last night then get used to it because it happens all the time, especially last night when frank looked like he was mentally checked out and wanted no part of being in the game.

it's a learning process, the game can be very humbling. i bet you frank went to sleep last night never wanting to experience that again and there's only one way to and that's bring it every game.

frank will be fine, the qualities he has is the qualities championship teams look for in a player.

It scares me when we agree so completely
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#33 » by Mecca » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:11 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
blueNorange wrote:frank is very green and is the very definition of a project, he hasn't yet fully know what he's capable of.

It scares me when we agree so completely

Aweee you guys are best budz after all
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,308

Re: RE: Re: Frank and why we shouldn't worry 

Post#34 » by DOT » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:12 pm

GONYK wrote:
j4remi wrote:I'm completely content being patient with him. I expected growing pains like this with KP tbh but the fact he took off so quickly might have thrown people's perceptions of how much patience you really need with a raw rookie. I don't think our coaching staff has helped him any either.
Funny thing is that KP is still a bit of a project

We were incredibly spoiled with KP

This year was supposed to be the year he put up the numbers he actually did in his rookie year

2k has made people impatient, when you can play out a decade's worth of development in a single night, it's kinda hard to wait in real time for players to develop
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#35 » by Blockwatcher » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:13 pm

We can't have an Allstar at every position. We'd be lucky if frank was jrue offensively with frank defense
1 John 2 : 15-17
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#36 » by NoLayupRule » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:23 pm

Blockwatcher wrote:We can't have an Allstar at every position. We'd be lucky if frank was jrue offensively with frank defense
i agree

the important thing is not to set lofty expectations for him and then be disappointed if he doesn't reach them
its to let him develop into the best player he can be and accept or reject him on that
Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#37 » by Blockwatcher » Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:24 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:How many of these guys are even going to be on the team going forward, or that we even want on the team going forward?

KP - Yes
THJr - Yes
WHG - Not sure
Baker - Who cares
Dotson - Who knows

And
That's
It

Point being, outside of KP, Frank and THJr, what exactly are developing for when? I certainly hope 75% of the roster looks different two and three years from now. I mean, it should, if we want the team to be actually good.

I would keep mcbuckets and Oquinn but I would just as quickly trade them if need be
1 John 2 : 15-17
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,379

Post#38 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Blockwatcher wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:How many of these guys are even going to be on the team going forward, or that we even want on the team going forward?

KP - Yes
THJr - Yes
WHG - Not sure
Baker - Who cares
Dotson - Who knows

And
That's
It

I would keep mcbuckets and Oquinn but I would just as quickly trade them if need be

I probably would too, but that brings the # up to 5 out of 15. Maybe 7 out of 15 if you take 2 out 3 with WHG/Baker/Dotson
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#39 » by taj2133 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:52 pm

The number 8 pick in this draft can't be a rotation player that player has to be all star type it would be okay he was 23 pick it wouldn't be high expectation then. If frank is just rotation player for his career not a star then we screwed up badly and expectation are high ,and he is in the biggest media market in usa imagine if frank was in LA and played this badly over there he would have been shipped out by now.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#40 » by taj2133 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:54 pm

By the way i want him to play better and i hope frank does but time will tell.

Return to New York Knicks