ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks move into a tie for the 10th PICK!!!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,137

Re: PG: Knicks move into a tie for the 10th PICK!!! 

Post#261 » by Tron Carter » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:12 pm

and mp was claiming Timmy was better then the gawd Garry Harris.

shame on you mp :lol:
R.I.P Black Mamba
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,309

Post#262 » by DOT » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:12 pm

OpiumDose wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
OpiumDose wrote:THJ with an impressive 2/24 from the field in the last 2 games. There were few people here that when talking about how amazing THJ has actually been for us, were using his numbers in all the games except those first 4 in which he was absolute trash (obviously, excluding those games when talking about the statistics was cherry-picking at it's finest) - so are those apologists going to exclude these past 2 games too? The truth is that THJ is streaky and always has been - so it's especially important to look at the whole picture (all the stats available) when talking about his performances and not pick and choose games that prove your point better. I personally didn't like the signing (for the money that he got) when it happened, and I still don't like it today - if player like THJ (who was bench player in Atlanta and was even sent down to G-League) is suppose to be our 2nd option on the offense then we are in big trouble. I don't see him as a core piece for a good (or especially really good) team - he is a sixth man at best on such a team.

- Uses 2 game sample size to come to a conclusion about player

- Complains about people cherry picking by omitting the first 4 games

You are confused because you clearly lack reading ability. I'm not using 2 game sample size to come to any conclusion about player. I just thought it would be a good time to talk about it now as I remember just a little while ago there were talks here that THJ is not only worth his signing, but probably worth even more and when his numbers were brought up by some sane people then the defense was "let's not count those first 4 games". As I said - THJ is a streaky player - and it's not this "2 game sample size" that proves it - there are plenty of these "streaks" in his career - go look them up - there's one at the start of the season with Knicks of length of 4 piss poor games. Let's look at his season (and career) shooting percentages - how's that for sample size for you? all of his shooting percentages (for season and for career) are below league average. This season he is taking 7.1 3pt per game and not making even 33% of those. Some people say he is suppose to be clutch, but tonight was not the first time (this season) that he has chocked on the free throw line in the last minutes of the game by missing not one, but both shots. His defense - take as large sample size as you wish, his defense has always been below average (net negative) and nothing has changed in that matter. Also pointing out facts that he was bench player on Atlanta (and sent to G-League) has nothing to do with sample size. In fact nothing I said I based on small sample size. The only thing my post has to do with small sample sizes is the timing and calling out those who were cherry picking games to prove a point. If you can (by statistics) prove to me that THJ is not a streaky, highly inefficient shooter with bad defense then go ahead - I'm all ears. Until then - in my opinion he was not (and is not, and will not ever be) worth the ridiculous money that was given to him (seems like in hope that he would miraculously suddenly become a sidekick to KP for the future).

You say you're just pointing out facts, but then ignore facts that don't fit your narrative

Tim was a bench player in ATL, until the 2nd half of the season when he started 30 games for them, and produced at starter level. 18/4/3 on 44/34/81 splits
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hardati02/splits/2017

With regards to defense, Tim is about average. Nothing great, nothing terrible

66th percentile in PnR coverage
http://stats.nba.com/players/ball-handler/#!?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&OD=defensive&CF=PlayerFirstName*E*tim

64th percentile in spot up coverage
http://stats.nba.com/players/spot-up/?CF=PlayerFirstName*E*tim&Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&OD=defensive

32nd percentile in handoff coverage
http://stats.nba.com/players/hand-off/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&OD=defensive&CF=PlayerFirstName*E*tim

32nd percentile in off-screen coverage
http://stats.nba.com/players/off-screen/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&OD=defensive&CF=PlayerFirstName*E*tim

So, good at covering PnR and spot-up shooters, bad at covering handoffs and off-screen shots

105.5 DRTG
http://stats.nba.com/players/defense/?sort=DEF_WS&dir=-1&CF=PLAYER_NAME*E*tim

Opponent FG%
Overall: 1% worse
http://stats.nba.com/players/defense/?sort=DEF_WS&dir=-1&CF=PLAYER_NAME*E*tim

On 3's: 4% worse
http://stats.nba.com/players/defense-dash-3pt/?CF=PLAYER_NAME*E*tim

So he's not a defensive stopper, but he can hold his own for the most part

And yeah, Tim is not consistent on offense. Call it streaky if you want, but 4 bad games followed by 25 good games followed by 2 bad games is perfectly acceptable. Overall his efficiency isn't great, but it's well within average efficiency, which means his good games outweigh his bad

And lol at "ridiculous money."

Tim is the 63rd highest paid player in the league, and around 15th for 2 guards

So, he's paid like an average starter. I guess to you that's "ridiculous" cause you have an opinion that he's a bad player, but the facts don't support that opinion at all
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#263 » by magnumt » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:13 pm

Mecca wrote:Did anyone see the commercial asking the players what their favorite show was?

Frank had some corny show like How I Met Your Mother lmao!

Noah had The Wire

etc. etc.

Beasley says I haven't watched TV in 5 years :lol: I love him.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,974

Post#264 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:16 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:How? Everybody wanted DSJR. People were high on Mitchell, but nobody wanted him with our 8. It was DSJR vs Frank.

Mitchell had his fans on here, and I definitely remember posters who would have been good with Frank or Mitchell, but I don't recall anyone beating the drums for him, other than two or three guys.

I wonder if Pistons, Hornets, Kings and Mavs fans beat themselves up the same way. Well, not the Mavs, since DSJr is so awesome.

Clearly he's better than Frank now and probably always. Too bad guys will post about it for the next 10 years.

I can barely give a sh*t who we draft next year, as half the board will hate the guy eventually anyway, just a matter of how long it takes. But no more than two seasons. Even if it's Donic or Bagley or whoever.

i was one of the frank or mitchell people. but thought mitchell might have been a reach with frank, DSJ, and even monk on the board.

i love how no one called mitchell, but wants to be mad at the org for passing on him.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#265 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:18 pm

had this one. nice tough effort at least. hell of a move on that game winner by the freak.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#266 » by Knicksfan20 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:18 pm

HEZI wrote:Tim is 2-24 in the last two games (0-12 from 3)

My goodness

Na u can’t count these games. He’s really a 46% shooter and 38 from 3 if we discount all his poor shooting games /green
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#267 » by earthmansurfer » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:19 pm

robillionaire wrote:If we drafted Donovan Mitchell he'd be getting 5 mins a night behind THJ Lee and Baker. He'd probably play about as much as Dotson does. We'd have already crushed his confidence and soul. Frank would be thriving looking like everything we dreamed he could be and actually playing meaningful minutes elsewhere.

True, but at this point it looks like one of the following two things are true:
1 - Jeff is coaching his best and losing
2 - Jeff is intentionally coaching to lose

I can't see #1 being true (at least not most of the time).
It looks like #2 is true. I'm on board with Jeff right now, top 5 pick please.

That said, this is the last year year of lotto for us. I could imagine next year being tough but we will have money at the end of next year for a big FA or two, so we are near the point where we really need to start assembling talent for now and not next year. (In the next year or 2.)
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#268 » by Jeff Van Gully » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:21 pm

and you're never tied for a pick. you're tied in standings.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
DOLPHIN2020
Veteran
And1: 1,138

Re: RE: Re: PG: Knicks move into a tie for the 10th PICK!!! 

Post#269 » by DOLPHIN2020 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:26 pm

El Poochio wrote:Not watching this team a single more minute until necessary trades have been made peaceful protest is ON

Kemba/Frank
Frank/THJ
McCaw/THJ
Bridges
KP

HC: SOMEONE RENOWNED FOR HIS PLAYER DEVELOPMENT : Kenny Atkinson

spoken like a true addict. you will continue to watch even without any traded or progress. true knick fan
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#270 » by HEZI » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:27 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
HEZI wrote:Tim is 2-24 in the last two games (0-12 from 3)

My goodness

Na u can’t count these games. He’s really a 46% shooter and 38 from 3 if we discount all his poor shooting games /green

I really wanna support him and I haven't said anything negative about him since he went off against Toronto but man games like last night make it difficult to stay positive about him. Not that it matters though, this team likely won't be shyt throughout his entire length of contract so it's whatever at this point.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#271 » by BeagleBoss » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:32 pm

Tank you Greek Freak! That was the perfect loss. I really liked how Ntilikina played. It was the first time I saw him play with some emotion. He actually yelled "****" at one point. Too bad that idiot Hornecek only played him 20 minutes and that stiff Jack 32 minutes. And Burke, who is the best PG on the team, didn't play at all!!
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,218

Post#272 » by KnicksGadfly » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:45 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:
robillionaire wrote:If we drafted Donovan Mitchell he'd be getting 5 mins a night behind THJ Lee and Baker. He'd probably play about as much as Dotson does. We'd have already crushed his confidence and soul. Frank would be thriving looking like everything we dreamed he could be and actually playing meaningful minutes elsewhere.

That said, this is the last year year of lotto for us. I could imagine next year being tough but we will have money at the end of next year for a big FA or two, so we are near the point where we really need to start assembling talent for now and not next year. (In the next year or 2.)

Meh, I can't go along with that logic. That's how some people excuse Jackson's stupidity. If you support Jeff, there are better ways to support Jeff than to make stuff up. Granted, there aren't many reasons, but I am sure there are better ones.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#273 » by br7knicks » Sat Feb 3, 2018 1:59 pm

Red Vines wrote:Giannis made a tough shot didn't mind the defense there, we had no business winning anyway we played horribly. Tim with the infinite leash, Burke in the kennel.

i didn't get to watch the game, but losing to the bucks 92-90 i'd accept. im sure one i watch the game, i'll be pissed about effort/jeff's decision making of players. but to lose to a good bucks team by 2 is a good step in the right direction
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,331

Post#274 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:05 pm

The most obvious takeaway from the game: Timmys mad streaky
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#275 » by Red Vines » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:09 pm

Bruh.

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,501

Post#276 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:14 pm

2010 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:so am i the only one that was pleased with frank's performance today..

dude looks like he's ready to turn the corner. you just gotta hope he can keep playing with confidence in this stupid limited minutes he keeps getting.

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#277 » by Greenie » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:25 pm

HEZI wrote:I still don't get the "watered down league" claim by some people. Dudes are breaking franchise and NBA records left and right but somehow the league is lacking in talent.

Only a handful of guys.
Also, with the current pace and emphasis on the 3 you’re seeing crazy numbers being thrown up.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#278 » by Red Vines » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:38 pm

We need a do-over. Get a top 12 pick if possible.

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,487

Post#279 » by RHODEY » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:38 pm

earthmansurfer wrote:

We are 1 solid pg away from being a solid squad... replace Lance and ditch Jack and add that 8 - 10 pick and we win games like this.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,210

Post#280 » by seren » Sat Feb 3, 2018 2:40 pm

Red Vines wrote:I think some are forgetting how sloppy Frank got with his passing again at the end of his run. Credit to him he knows our plays but he's still not a drive and kick PG and his WNBA layups won't cut it.

I just want to know how your feelings are about KP. Not even bothered to ask about Jack and rest of veterans.

I mean we sure can pick apart Frank's play and make all funny comments. Haha he layups like a woman. Haha. But if you do that, at least be consistent and bash every single player on the roster including KP.

Return to New York Knicks