ImageImageImageImageImage

Enes Kanter urges Knicks to keep this group together to try and make playoff push per ny daily news

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Re: Enes Kanter urges Knicks to keep this group together to try and make playoff push per ny daily news 

Post#21 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:13 am

robillionaire wrote:I mean I don't fault him for having a competitive spirit but he is objectively wrong and the team sucks

He is saying all the right things and I am a fan of him for who he is, but realistically, we need to make sure that we are going to have as much star-talent as possible when KP is at his prime. If that means tanking and on draft day trading the #5 pick and Kanters contract for Lillard, so be it. I think the best thing to do is make a trade for a moderately young replacement level guard who can hold down a starters job. I think Patty Mills from SAS is my #1 target this week.
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y78xetp4
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,303

Re: Enes Kanter urges Knicks to keep this group together to try and make playoff push per ny daily news 

Post#22 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:16 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:I mean I don't fault him for having a competitive spirit but he is objectively wrong and the team sucks

He is saying all the right things and I am a fan of him for who he is, but realistically, we need to make sure that we are going to have as much star-talent as possible when KP is at his prime. If that means tanking and on draft day trading the #5 pick and Kanters contract for Lillard, so be it. I think the best thing to do is make a trade for a moderately young replacement level guard who can hold down a starters job. I think Patty Mills from SAS is my #1 target this week.

He's just sucking up to KP who wants the playoffs

Nobody likes suck ups, but especially NY'ers. :D
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#23 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:19 am

All this time I thought Enes was a good guy, a motivated player, tough. Now I learn it's all an act, a show. A calculated put on to fool the rubes, which worked in OKC, where there is nothing better to do than go to Thunder games and watch tumbleweeds and see if you can spot a hill. Very disappointing he thought this carney act, this snake oil bit, this rainmaker routine would go over in urbane NYC. Sad.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#24 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:19 am

Thanks Enes. I found my troll piece for the day.

:-)
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#25 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:21 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

Ehh... I think Kanter legit wants to win here. I think he enjoys the city and enjoys winning. The problem is that he is a role player. We need a starting point guard and a go-to guard option if we want to be competitive. Right now the team feels faithless out there which is sad. If the team made a move for a guard it would energize the club and reverse the tank. This would be bad for us long term though.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 61,254

Post#26 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:23 am

thebuzzardman wrote:Hayseeds in OKC fell for this fake hustle. NYC folks officially over his BS with this article.

You're one of those mean girls, aren't you?
ImageImageImage
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,741

Post#27 » by Fat » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:23 am

Trade him at once he's a threat to the tank
Miami Heat Baf

Markelle Fultz
Donovan Mitchell
Gary Trent Jr
Al Horford
Steven Adams
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#28 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:23 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:He is saying all the right things and I am a fan of him for who he is, but realistically, we need to make sure that we are going to have as much star-talent as possible when KP is at his prime. If that means tanking and on draft day trading the #5 pick and Kanters contract for Lillard, so be it. I think the best thing to do is make a trade for a moderately young replacement level guard who can hold down a starters job. I think Patty Mills from SAS is my #1 target this week.

Ehh... I think Kanter legit wants to win here. I think he enjoys the city and enjoys winning. The problem is that he is a role player. We need a starting point guard and a go-to guard option if we want to be competitive. Right now the team feels faithless out there which is sad. If the team made a move for a guard it would energize the club and reverse the tank. This would be bad for us long term though.

Yeah, I'm just messing around. He's got to see the team isn't good though. I think he's just that motivated a guy he really gets into the team he's on. I'd like him in a 3 man big rotation with KP and a versatile PF and say goodbye to WHG, KOQ and Noah.

Oh, and he takes at least a 5 million per year paycut.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#29 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:24 am

Clyde_Style wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Hayseeds in OKC fell for this fake hustle. NYC folks officially over his BS with this article.

You're one of those mean girls, aren't you?

I was going to run with this bit for a while but annoyed even myself.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,599

Post#30 » by El Poochio » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:25 am

PROFESSIONAL CONMAN DO NOT GET FOOLED BY HIS 1 REBOUND PER POINT RATIO

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#31 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:27 am

Not Enes' fault Phil collected centers like crazy old ladies collect cats before he got here
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#32 » by Red Vines » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:36 am

I don't want players here who have nothing negative to say as the ship sinks.
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#33 » by EchelonNYK » Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:41 am

Coaches, GM and Players have their own plans for this team. Typical Knicks.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#34 » by vallen » Sun Feb 4, 2018 1:15 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

KP should be sucking up to him. Kanter could snap him in half.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
denterprise
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#35 » by denterprise » Sun Feb 4, 2018 1:25 am

I don't expect players to want to tank since they may not be part of the team's future plans so I expect management to make the right decisions. Hopefully management can make a move with an eye toward the future, we shall see.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#36 » by Red Vines » Sun Feb 4, 2018 1:39 am

I have no problem with aiming to make the playoffs, it's the silly stuff about loving everyone and wishing he could finish his career with this same group...as we score 8 points in the 4th against Boston.
Orange Mamba
Analyst
And1: 3,224

Post#37 » by Orange Mamba » Sun Feb 4, 2018 1:44 am

don't worry Enes, I'm sure the FO feels the same :-?
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#38 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 1:56 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Yeah, I'm just messing around. He's got to see the team isn't good though. I think he's just that motivated a guy he really gets into the team he's on. I'd like him in a 3 man big rotation with KP and a versatile PF and say goodbye to WHG, KOQ and Noah.

Oh, and he takes at least a 5 million per year paycut.

I hear ya, I am just happy that we have some guys on this team who care. The IT days where everyone was basically mailing in the effort were brutal.
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
nykballa2k4
RealGM

Post#39 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun Feb 4, 2018 2:08 am

Red Vines wrote:I have no problem with aiming to make the playoffs, it's the silly stuff about loving everyone and wishing he could finish his career with this same group...as we score 8 points in the 4th against Boston.

I was a Jeff supporter, but right now ... he's making it tough on me. Lance made the big shot, was playing excellent defense on Greek. You pull him and you see the results. Hardy did a John Starks, missed 2 FT and like 5 fairly easy shots. Jack is a "calming presence" but Frank had a good game, leave him in. Spurs give their 28 y/o's rest days, Jack needs to start getting these if we want him to be effective.

This season has been poorly executed overall, we should have been more creative in using the strength of this teams depth as far as size is concerned. Kanter was able to play alongside Adams/Ibaka with success. We could have been playing big all along which would have mitigated us not having a slashing point guard...
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#40 » by seren » Sun Feb 4, 2018 2:14 am

The best quote about Kanter:

"Can't play him"

Return to New York Knicks