ImageImageImageImageImage

Post Game: Feel the Tank Force!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,269

Re: Post Game: Feel the Tank Force! 

Post#481 » by Deeeez Knicks » Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:59 pm

Sark wrote:
K-DOT wrote:http://stats.nba.com/team/1610612752/lineups-advanced/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&GroupQuantity=3&CF=GROUP_NAME*E*porz&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1

3 man lineup of Frank/Tim/KP has a netrtg of 19

http://stats.nba.com/team/1610612752/lineups-advanced/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&GroupQuantity=3&CF=GROUP_NAME*E*burk&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1

3 man lineup of Burke/Tim/KP has a netrtg of -34

But Burke scored 14 points, so he clearly should be starting

Burke is a 6th man type player. Putting him in the starting lineup with 3 other shoot first players while leaving Beasley as the only creator off the bench isn't how you win games. It's about fit. Frank fits more with the starters while Burke fits more off the bench

What's sad is that KP/Tim/Frank have only played 112 minutes together.

That sums up a lot that’s wrong with this team.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
GYK
General Manager
And1: 2,627

Post#482 » by GYK » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:08 pm

Firm believer trade everybody except KP and Frank.
We are building around KP. He's a shooter. A great one at that. He's a rim protector but not much of an on ball defender especially perimeter threats in the front court.
I want a two point guard lineup. Preferably two big guards. A tandem of Frank and someone like Brogdon would be ideal. KP screens for one. Either the pop/roll/drive or dish comes out of it. If it lands in the other guard hands then he can do the same for them.
We need a 3&D wing. Preferably a playmaker as well(most playmakers win. It's my rule of basketball.)
Also a defender for the frontcourt. I would prefer a stretch four but a big does the job.
But of course you need talent, just force of nature ability. We have that in KP but he needs more. Not having a lottery pick before and after KP was really harmful. So getting a guy this year is extremely important. We need sheer talent.
We could even sell free agents on that. On playing with KP and this top level kid.
If you made the necessary trades and landed a stud rookie.
Frank
Brogdon
Michael Porter Jr.
KP
Maybe you can convince a Derrick Favors to sign.
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,496

Post#483 » by j4remi » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:22 pm

I don't think Burke deserves a pass on that last play but that's just one in a sequence of really bad plays from the backcourt to close this game. The godawful inbound where Burke gave it back to Timmy who was out of bounds would be another bad one. The worst to me though was Timmy shooting off the offensive board when the team had a lead and just needed to kill the clock. THJ needs to be smarter than that.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Tron Carter
RealGM
And1: 19,126

Post#484 » by Tron Carter » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:23 pm

2010 wrote:For those being overly critical of the game Trey had:

Burke struck for 14 points in 20 minutes, making 6-of-10 shots with two assists, one steal and no turnovers.

“He was able to come off those picks and come up with jump shots,’’ said Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek, who has been torn on how to divvy up Burke and Ntilikina’s minutes. “His defense is pretty good. He stepped up and played pretty well.’’

I rest my case!

jefe might be dumber then we originally assumed.
R.I.P Black Mamba
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#485 » by nykfan42 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:34 pm

Not only was this an embarrassing loss but that stupid call where the refs forgot to give Bazemore a 3rd free throw was egregious. It took a 3 point play away from us. I don't see why they negate that basket from Hardaway. Made no sense to me.

This loss is on Hardaway though. He's a moron for chucking up that shot with 46 sec on the clock and we're up 4 off that KP missed FT. This team is pathetic in every aspect. Mental midgets that aren't ready. KP clearly isn't. He misses so many big FT's down the stretch.

I'm so sick of watching the same garbage year after year. I've seen no progress with this franchise since 2000. Disgusted.
Make the Knicks great again!
rammagen
Head Coach
And1: 778

Post#486 » by rammagen » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:41 pm

Sark wrote:
K-DOT wrote:http://stats.nba.com/team/1610612752/lineups-advanced/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&GroupQuantity=3&CF=GROUP_NAME*E*porz&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1

3 man lineup of Frank/Tim/KP has a netrtg of 19

http://stats.nba.com/team/1610612752/lineups-advanced/?Season=2017-18&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&GroupQuantity=3&CF=GROUP_NAME*E*burk&sort=NET_RATING&dir=1

3 man lineup of Burke/Tim/KP has a netrtg of -34

But Burke scored 14 points, so he clearly should be starting

Burke is a 6th man type player. Putting him in the starting lineup with 3 other shoot first players while leaving Beasley as the only creator off the bench isn't how you win games. It's about fit. Frank fits more with the starters while Burke fits more off the bench

What's sad is that KP/Tim/Frank have only played 112 minutes together.

I agree for some reason this coach has not developed Frank should be playing more 4th quarter minutes then other pg instead the coach goes with the older slower player.... How is any player going to learn to play with that?
Interesting quote then Kerber and the NY Post

"It leaves Porzingis, and the Knicks, bewildered, at best.

“Honestly, the feeling is that I can’t even process that we lost. I can’t believe it,” Porzingis said. “It was our game. It was 100 percent our game. Stuff happened quick and, boom, it was over. We’re learning how to win.”

Actually, they’re learning how to lose. Over and over."

This exactly what this coach has taught them. in the beginning of the yr they were loosing these close games and they never learned how to w
in through injuries, poor coach rotations and play calling. This coach has failed the team in the regards to developing talent and teaching them how to win.
IMHO they have the horses to wins some of the close games statically it is an abortion they loose so many and when you start to look closer at them you the ineptness that starts with coaching, rotations, play calling to then it trickles to the players not performing and making mistakes. That also looks like poor preparation because a prepared Timmy would have pulled the rebound and reset rather then chuck up another shoot in the last 2 minutes and the lead. that is unforgivable.
That is before the poor hand off to timmy. But that looks like another example of the incorrect play calling because of the location on the floor or poor execution, this late in the season they should have that part down.
Quote from ESPN’s Bill Simmons posted on Twitter “28 FT’s to 5. I don’t watch rigged NBA games, I’m switching to hockey”
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#487 » by Da ThRONe » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:13 pm

Sark wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:After watching the defensive breakdown that lead to the open 3 it's almost impossible to place blame unless you know the design of the play. Clearly there's a breakdown but it's hard to know if Burke was suppose to rotate or not. He never lost his original assignment so there was no clear reason to switch. But even if it was on Trey to switch off these are the breakdowns you get when you have so little practice and on court time with your teammates.

I mean what's he doing under the basket? He's 5'10". Is he gonna block a shot or grab a rebound? He gave up after Dennis got into the lane, and he camped underneath. He could have easily rotated out if he tried to stay involved in the play.

No he stayed with Dennis. Kristap had a clear line out to the corner to close out but both guys stayed with Dennis. Which is my point who was supposed to switch. Look at the clip again. After Trey leaves his feet on Dennis fake, Kristap gets a hand up to force a pass then after the pass he steps away from Dennis. Burke comes back to guard Schroder, but Prozingis doesnt commit to guarding Schroder or rotate to the corner even though he has a clear path unlike Burke.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#488 » by seren » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:55 pm

We need a coach who will hold all players accountable. KP waiving someone on the stands and not paying attention to the in bounds play was a disgrace. We are doing a disservice to KP for putting up with his shennenigans. KP will turn into a sideshow with the way out coaching staff handles him.
YouthMovement
General Manager
And1: 4,758

Post#489 » by YouthMovement » Mon Feb 5, 2018 5:42 pm

MP4LIFE wrote:Clyde went in on Hardaway.

You must be an embarrassment when Clyde has had enough of you. He’s the most chill person I’ve ever seen.

he really went in on jeff
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#490 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Feb 5, 2018 8:54 pm

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Wow. I missed the game. Forgot all about it. If they don't blow this trash up for picks and a new HC then it's safe to say we have yet another terrible GM.

Are you now ready to join??

Only 3 days left my man 8-)

Join? I was a tank commander all summer. I just chose to enjoy the wins when the team was playing well because they weren't tanking. Now...they need to make trades and give us the youth movement we were promised. Lose every game!!
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks