ImageImageImageImageImage

Offical 2018 TANK Thread (currently 9th, 4 GB top 5)

Moderators: moocow007, Capn'O, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

How many wins will the Knicks end up with

23, 24
9%
25, 26
17%
27, 28
26%
29, 30
27%
31, 32
13%
33, 34
5%
35, 36
No votes
37, 38
No votes
39, 40
No votes
41, 42+
4%

Total votes: 82

Blockwatcher
Analyst
And1: 1,344

Re: Offical 2018 TANK Thread (currently 9th, 4 GB top 5) 

Post#81 » by Blockwatcher » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:52 pm

Here are the games to watch and the teams we need to win on Feb-9

LAC at DET -- LAC
CLE at ATL -- ATL
MIN at CHI -- CHI
CHA at UTA -- CHA
POR at SAC -- SAC

Let's get a W boys
1 John 2 : 15-17
mpharris36
RealGM
And1: 21,599

Post#82 » by mpharris36 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:53 pm

RHODEY wrote:Lol you beat me by one minute! It's crazy how the bottom 8 are all bunched together.

yeah the good thing is I don't believe anyone is bad enough to be a 20 loss team...most team will be in the 25-30 range...and we should be in that same range too depending on how much we bottom out.
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Zach Collins/Georgios Papa
PF - Dragan Bender/JMM
SF - Jaylen Brown/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Loul Deng
SG - Tim Hardaway Jr/E'twaun Moore/Wayne Seldon/Tomas Satoransky
PG - Kris Dunn/Shabazz Napier/Fred VanVleet

$47 cap remaining
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 12,116

Post#83 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:55 pm

Dantares wrote:did any of these teams make moves to get better at the deadline?

I don't mind drafting out of the top 5 for 2 reasons

1) there is no set positions on our roster. Frank can play 1 or 2, KP can play 4 or 5, Timmy's handles suck so he may have to move to the 3 spot someday or he may be better suited as a 6th man scorer. we really can draft BPA regardless of position.

2) Clarence Mother fuggin Gaines B.itches

we are in a good position to draft the BPA that falls out of the top 5 or 6.

Gaines:
KP - half of everyone here hates him, knee snapped like a twig in year 3
WHG - flashed for a year, got caught up in the Euro nightlife and hair gel, gone for 2 2nd rounders
Frank - sucks according to most Knick fans
Baker - can't shoot with or without a dislocated shoulder.
Dotson - can't find minutes on team desperate for shooting
Grant - sucked, lets assume Phil strong armed Gaines here
THJr - streaky as hell

Gaines, part of the braintrust that figured these guys were difference makers:
Rose, Noah, Jennings, Calderon, Lopez (score a partial point for Gaines), Holiday

In Clarence Gaines I don't trust
NJ-NYK-17
Freshman
And1: 40

Post#84 » by NJ-NYK-17 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:57 pm

shtolky wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:Realistically? 4-5. Possibly? Top pick.

Yea, I think 4-5 is the best shot we have. Those bottom 3-4 teams are just as brutal as we are, if not more so. Dallas, Atlanta, and Pho I don't think we can catch, but that 4-5 slot is definitely attainable.

Agreed. No way that many teams win 5 more than us moving forward. If we can get top 5 we are golden. If lucky we hit on a top 3 lotto. Worse case we get 5/6 pick
BowlRips
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,264

Post#85 » by BowlRips » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:06 pm

I think we'll be stuck at 9 unless a bunch of these teams go on a unforseen hot streak. remember were talking about the worst teams in the league and we are 3.5-6 games behind them.
Can you see any of these teams going .500 the rest of the way? I dont see it and thats what needs to happen for us to move up
Grizzlies - BAF

Jonas Valanciunas / Tyler Zeller / Spencer Hawes
Nikola Mirotic / Larry Nance / Chandler Parsons
Lebron James / PJ Tucker / Rodney McGruber
JJ Redick / Nick Young / Ben Mclemore/
Kyle Lowry / Trey Burke
sol537
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#86 » by sol537 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:12 pm

I think we'll end up in the 4-7 range which is not bad at all in this deep draft.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 2,999

Post#87 » by Iron Mantis » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:47 pm

BowlRips wrote:I think we'll be stuck at 9 unless a bunch of these teams go on a unforseen hot streak. remember were talking about the worst teams in the league and we are 3.5-6 games behind them.
Can you see any of these teams going .500 the rest of the way? I dont see it and thats what needs to happen for us to move up

No KP, a tired Jack, cold Timmy, and Beas being given the keys may mean Knicks don't win another game. 8-)

Good times ahead.
Are We Ther Yet
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,479

Post#88 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:21 pm

BowlRips wrote:I think we'll be stuck at 9 unless a bunch of these teams go on a unforseen hot streak. remember were talking about the worst teams in the league and we are 3.5-6 games behind them.

Ummm...I think you need to pass the bowl bruh. Is that math correct? 5 wins out of 25 ganes is .500 record? :lol: We would be lucky to win 2 more games IMO. I don't see us winning 1.

Pass the bowl anyway...my weed guy isn't around until later!!! Sour D!!
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
shtolky
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,345

Post#89 » by shtolky » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:30 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Ummm...I think you need to pass the bowl bruh. Is that math correct? 5 wins out of 25 ganes is .500 record? :lol: We would be lucky to win 2 more games IMO. I don't see us winning 1.

I don't think he means we would go .500. If we win say 6 games, we would have 29 wins. Phoenix is 18-38, so they have 26 games left. They would have to go 12-14 the rest of the way to finish with a better record than us. So, he's saying the teams ahead of us would have to play near .500 ball for us to have a worse record than them if we won something like 5-6 games. He's not wrong, but winning 6 games might be tough for us. We would have to win 3 or so games the rest of the way to have a shot at top 3 I think.
Are We Ther Yet
Assistant Coach

Post#90 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:50 pm

shtolky wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I don't think he means we would go .500. If we win say 6 games, we would have 29 wins. Phoenix is 18-38, so they have 26 games left. They would have to go 12-14 the rest of the way to finish with a better record than us. So, he's saying the teams ahead of us would have to play near .500 ball for us to have a worse record than them if we won something like 5-6 games. He's not wrong, but winning 6 games might be tough for us. We would have to win 3 or so games the rest of the way to have a shot at top 3 I think.

I was just messing with him. He didn't specify us winning any games. Thinking we win more than 2 or 3 the rest of the way is just as crazy as any of those teams going .500 the rest of the way. I don't see us winning 1 game. So....we need them to go 7-18 or so IMO.

He didn't pass the bowl yet either!
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
K-DOT
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,212

Post#91 » by K-DOT » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:00 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
shtolky wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

I was just messing with him. He didn't specify us winning any games. Thinking we win more than 2 or 3 the rest of the way is just as crazy as any of those teams going .500 the rest of the way. I don't see us winning 1 game. So....we need them to go 7-18 or so IMO.

I think y'all are really underestimating how hard it is to be that bad for that long

It's entirely possible for us to win 5 games of our last 26, and that pretty much guarantees us picking outside the top 5
K.Dot wrote: Never had friends, never had ends, never had hope
They was like, "Nope," I was like, "Boo yaow, boo yaow"
Are We Ther Yet
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:08 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
shtolky wrote:

I think y'all are really underestimating how hard it is to be that bad for that long

It's entirely possible for us to win 5 games of our last 26, and that pretty much guarantees us picking outside the top 5

No way we win 5 more games. I say max we win is 3. MAX. I still can't see 1 win.
BKAY
Veteran
And1: 923

Re: Remaining schedule predicting 

Post#93 » by BKAY » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:09 pm

Watching the 1st half of last nights game I thought, sh*t we might actually win some games the rest of the season. 2nd half, we arent winning one more game this season
shtolky
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,345

Post#94 » by shtolky » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:12 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

No way we win 5 more games. I say max we win is 3. MAX. I still can't see 1 win.

We are 1000% not going 0-26. You're going to be disappointed if you think 3 is the max number of wins. Anyone can be beaten on any given night and when Kanter comes back, we still have NBA players who can score. There are five very winnable games the rest of the way and you just know we are going to win one game we have no business winning. It happens every year.
K-DOT
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by K-DOT » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:13 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

We beat the Thunder without KP or Tim earlier this year

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201712160NYK.html

Sig bet we win more than 3 games rest of the season
Are We Ther Yet
Assistant Coach

Post#96 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:16 pm

K-DOT wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I think y'all are really underestimating how hard it is to be that bad for that long

What's the bet?
K-DOT
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by K-DOT » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:17 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
K-DOT wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

What's the bet?

If we win more than 3 games, I make a sig for you

If we win less, you make one for me
Are We Ther Yet
Assistant Coach

Post#98 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:32 pm

shtolky wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
K-DOT wrote:I think y'all are really underestimating how hard it is to be that bad for that long

We are 1000% not going 0-26. You're going to be disappointed if you think 3 is the max number of wins. Anyone can be beaten on any given night and when Kanter comes back, we still have NBA players who can score. There are five very winnable games the rest of the way and you just know we are going to win one game we have no business winning. It happens every year.

I just said I can't see is winning 1 game. Anything is possible. If you think Kanter is going to make a difference without KP...cool. I don't. Maybe Mudiay makes a difference? Meh.

I looked at the schedule. Then I looked at our roster. Dallas/Sacremento are the only 2 possible wins I see. Chicago? Maybe.

2 against Orlando. They are now a better team than us. Even without EP.

I see a max of 3 more wins. That's it. We will not be close against good teams as we saw last night. The more Jeff plays the kids...the less chance we have of winning.

Any given night? I don't see it. Teams would have to lay down for us to beat them.
BowlRips
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,264

Post#99 » by BowlRips » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:41 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
shtolky wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

thats the whole point of the bowl.. you dont pass it
just like the knicks won't pass these teams
Grizzlies - BAF

Jonas Valanciunas / Tyler Zeller / Spencer Hawes
Nikola Mirotic / Larry Nance / Chandler Parsons
Lebron James / PJ Tucker / Rodney McGruber
JJ Redick / Nick Young / Ben Mclemore/
Kyle Lowry / Trey Burke
Are We Ther Yet
Assistant Coach

Post#100 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Feb 9, 2018 5:58 pm

BowlRips wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
shtolky wrote:

thats the whole point of the bowl.. you dont pass it
just like the knicks won't pass these teams

Umm...you don't pass the bowl? :lol:

Who knows where we land? No one here does. The question was how low CAN we go. We CAN get to top 4-5 which is where I could see us maxing out. I don't see ATL/DAL/SAC giving up the top 3. This team is bad. Unless Mudiay transformed into a stud on the plane over here...we are really bad.

It's just an opinion. We shouldn't be trying to win any games unless the kids are balling out. Jeff needs to get over his vet addiction from here on out. If he does that. We win maybe 3 more games.

Return to New York Knicks