ImageImageImageImageImage

Timmy MUST be sent down

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Re: Timmy MUST be sent down 

Post#41 » by Marty McFly » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:04 pm

this situation sucks cause i like tim, but he never made any sense for us as a player. like i said before, he's the last guy you acquire to round out a contending team.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#42 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:07 pm

Mecca wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Oh, is this true?

15 games in November - 19.2 PPG / .445 FG% / .55 TS%
9 January Games - 16.7 PPG / .444 FG% / .58 TS%

(He only played 7 other games this season and 6 were in October.

But yeah.. again you were very quiet the majority of this season.

Nice try, though. dur dur dur thj stinks dur dur

The numbers you are quoting are average for a shooting guard. We’re those shooting numbers supposed to be immensely impressive? Couple in his awful start and he is an average SG getting paid starter money. He’s not a starter in the league. He is extremely inconsistent on both sides of the ball due to low basketball IQ. Not worth the money, the minutes or the praise. Find someone new to jump on the bandwagon for.

Jump on the bandwagon? I pretty much made the THJ bandwagon.

He's getting paid average starter money to be an average starter... those are your words.

Look around at the Knicks. KP's FG% is trash as well. Part of the reason is because the team has terrible PG play all season, thus they've had to create their own looks more than they'd like.

THJ is miscasted as a #2 when he's a #3. KP is a miscast as a #1a when he's a #1b or 2A. Combine that w the worst PG play in the NBA and look what you have.

Lastly, those numbers are above average no matter how you slice it.

This is funny to me. Everything about THJ screams SG. Tell me exactly what about THJ makes him real a SF. Dudes length is less than Ideal for it. Also, SF's are not usually Chuck masters.gaurds are.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#43 » by Thugger HBC » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:11 pm

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:I don’t agree. He doesn’t fit. Our whole roster doesn’t fit a rebuild. Too many vets and large contracts.

We had a choice this offseason with Timmy though. We decided to sign hin to a large contract and ask him to do way too much.

I think we're saying pretty much the same thing. it's the contract. If Timmy was never traded, would he not fit?

The contract situation the team has elements to it. Noah's deal obviously is bad. Kanter is only here because we traded a large deal, so hard to count that one.

Everyone else is below midlevel.

Here’s the thing; we need so many other pieces and this is year 1 of this so called rebuild. We know what Timmy is. He’s not the first big addition you make. Not when you’re rebuilding. He’s a last piece. No matter the contract. He can’t have CONSISTENT success here.

You didn't even answer the question. :rofl:

I get why they signed Timmy, the team needed some young talent that can actually play. Frank aint ready, neither is Dotson, so the goal would be to bring in a guy that is young enough to help KP in particular along while the newly drafted players both find their way. I've said it all the long, Timmy the player, was a good choice, but not at his contract and that would apply to anybody.

A rebuilding team just shouldnt have cats on it making upwards of near 20 mil.

You pass on Timmy if his contract was the only way to get him back, and even tho reports say otherwise I doubt the Hawks pay Timmy and Baze the same money. I'm firm that we couldn't have gotten him for less.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#44 » by Mecca » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:17 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
MP4LIFE wrote:
The numbers you are quoting are average for a shooting guard. We’re those shooting numbers supposed to be immensely impressive? Couple in his awful start and he is an average SG getting paid starter money. He’s not a starter in the league. He is extremely inconsistent on both sides of the ball due to low basketball IQ. Not worth the money, the minutes or the praise. Find someone new to jump on the bandwagon for.

He's getting paid average starter money to be an average starter... those are your words.

Look around at the Knicks. KP's FG% is trash as well. Part of the reason is because the team has terrible PG play all season, thus they've had to create their own looks more than they'd like.

THJ is miscasted as a #2 when he's a #3. KP is a miscast as a #1a when he's a #1b or 2A. Combine that w the worst PG play in the NBA and look what you have.

This is funny to me. Everything about THJ screams SG. Tell me exactly what about THJ makes him real a SF. Dudes length is less than Ideal for it. Also, SF's are not usually Chuck masters.gaurds are.

Where in my post did I say Tim should be a SF? His ideal position is most def the 2. The only way I'd move Tim to the 3 is if we loved a PG in this draft. And SGA in particular and Frank being 6'6 make the game positionless.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#45 » by IllmaticHandler » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:24 pm

Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Where in my post did I say Tim should be a SF? His ideal position is most def the 2. The only way I'd move Tim to the 3 is if we loved a PG in this draft. And SGA in particular and Frank being 6'6 make the game positionless.

THJ is miscasted as a #2 when he's a #3.

My dude you just said this.

also You still talking the SGA **** instead of draft a SF if we in play for a good one.

You dream of the Knicks as if you running it. :lol:
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#46 » by Mecca » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:26 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
Mecca wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:

[img]THJ%20is%20miscasted%20as%20a%20#2%20when%20he's%20a%20#3[/img]

My dude you just said this.

also You still talking the SGA **** instead of draft a SF if we in play for a good one.

You dream of the Knicks as if you running it. :lol:

Oh I don't think I verbalized that correctly or it was misunderstood.

Timmy is miscasted as a #2 option on offense when ideally he is a #3 scorer. The issue is that he shouldn't be a teams 2nd best player or scorer. (I meant #2 option not playing the 2 lol)

And LMAO you know how I be bro. I think I'm running the team. I take the Real-GM in REALGM too literal.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#47 » by Dr. Detfink » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:26 pm

I'm not mad at Tim Hardaway Jr.

Someone gives you a generous offer, you take it. He's a very solid #3 to an excellent #4 option. He could never defend. Basketball is largely a game about height, at 6'6" he's playing in an age where small forwards can be anywhere from 6'10" to 7'0"...

I'm VERY angry at Steve Mills, James Dolan's puppet. Many in this forum were basking in the glow that Phil Jackson was gone. Mills is a mouth piece. There was no thought put into this signing. Just a typical Knicks move of overpaying.

Again, look at how Chicago works their cap space, "Hey, you need cap space? Ok, but you're going to give me your First Rounder and option to push it 2 yrs from now and it becomes unprotected."

Knicks have NO vision. Noah, Kanter (who will opt in), and Hardaway Jr...three pieces that don't fit and don't have much of a future if the Knicks want to be a winning club.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,385

Post#48 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:30 pm

trade timmy for a pick and draft Lonnie walker/Khyri Thomas

**** this bum ass n1gga
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Rock Bottom
Analyst
And1: 1,280

Post#49 » by Rock Bottom » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:38 pm

kid: where is out of bounds?

tim h. jr: Im stepping on it.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#50 » by Greenie » Sun Feb 4, 2018 11:54 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:I think we're saying pretty much the same thing. it's the contract. If Timmy was never traded, would he not fit?

The contract situation the team has elements to it. Noah's deal obviously is bad. Kanter is only here because we traded a large deal, so hard to count that one.

Everyone else is below midlevel.

Here’s the thing; we need so many other pieces and this is year 1 of this so called rebuild. We know what Timmy is. He’s not the first big addition you make. Not when you’re rebuilding. He’s a last piece. No matter the contract. He can’t have CONSISTENT success here.

I get why they signed Timmy, the team needed some young talent that can actually play. Frank aint ready, neither is Dotson, so the goal would be to bring in a guy that is young enough to help KP in particular along while the newly drafted players both find their way. I've said it all the long, Timmy the player, was a good choice, but not at his contract and that would apply to anybody.

You pass on Timmy if his contract was the only way to get him back, and even tho reports say otherwise I doubt the Hawks pay Timmy and Baze the same money. I'm firm that we couldn't have gotten him for less.

I understand just fine. I simply don’t agree.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#51 » by Red Vines » Mon Feb 5, 2018 12:47 am

Tim has taken quite a few reckless shots late in games, hopefully this finally wakes him up.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 7,952

Post#52 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:02 am

CharlesOakley wrote:Honestly, if we draft a real stud at small forward, it fixes everything. It would take pressure off KP, allow Timmy to be the third option of the offense, all Frank to move into the starting lineup and most importantly, take playing time from Lance Thomas.

Sign Hezonja!
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#53 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:12 am

Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:Here’s the thing; we need so many other pieces and this is year 1 of this so called rebuild. We know what Timmy is. He’s not the first big addition you make. Not when you’re rebuilding. He’s a last piece. No matter the contract. He can’t have CONSISTENT success here.

If Timmy was never traded, would he not fit?

Greenie
RealGM

Post#54 » by Greenie » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:14 am

Thugger HBC wrote:
Greenie wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:You didn't even answer the question. :rofl:

If Timmy was never traded, would he not fit?

No
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#55 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:16 am

:rofl:

Then we agree.

TruthBeTold
Bench Warmer
And1: 423

Post#56 » by TruthBeTold » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:20 am

:D :beer: :party: 8-)
Greenie
RealGM

Post#57 » by Greenie » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:20 am

Thugger HBC wrote::rofl:

Then we agree.

No we don’t.
No matter how you slice it, Timmy doesn’t fit. Contract? Doesn’t fit. Role? Doesn’t fit.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#58 » by whocares1 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:22 am

Timmy didn't fit even if he was balling. He was/is a bad signing for this specific team at its current state.
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#59 » by Thugger HBC » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:27 am

You're disagreeing just to do so. If a 25 year old SG doesn't fit, then neither does a 19 year old pg.

Greenie
RealGM

Post#60 » by Greenie » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:31 am

whocares1 wrote:Timmy didn't fit even if he was balling. He was/is a bad signing for this specific team at its current state.

Thank you.

That’s what I’m saying.

Return to New York Knicks