ImageImageImageImageImage

Timmy MUST be sent down

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,438

Re: Timmy MUST be sent down 

Post#81 » by duetta » Mon Feb 5, 2018 12:50 pm

He looked better once he came back - but has really hit a bad stretch.

Obviously, problematic signing - but hey, we're the Knicks.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#82 » by Kinglee » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:20 pm

He's a solid player that had an embarrassing game last night, but he's not a bad player. We shouldn't have signed him, but he's a decent player. Solid scorer and playmaker and has guts to attempt to make the big plays at the end. Like I said quality player, but you don't want him to be one of your top players. Sort of like Crawford.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#83 » by Red Vines » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:26 pm

I've always said he's too anxious to hit the big shot, combine that with the injury and being streaky already you get some rough games. He's tough and determined though so he'll bounce back.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,388

Post#84 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:43 pm

god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i think timmy is fine as a rotation player. the problem is you're paying him like he's one of your top 3 or 4. is he that on a really good team ? don't think so.

I've bashed Timmy here and there but 17 million? Yeah, that's top 3 or 4, but his role on the team will be somewhere from 2-4th option, so it's really not that bad. I'm not even sure how streaky he is - it's more he's come back off an injury. But he's somewhat streaky besides that.

did you agree with me or not ? i'm confused. it seems like...both.

anyway, i don't think a contender would have him as a top 3 option. you got to remember that kp is also in your top 3. so what player plus kp & timmy would make you a contender ? durant ? lebron ? anybody else ? see what i'm saying. you basically need the best player in basketball with these 2 to be really good. think about how many wins a player would have to add to this team. these two don't get that many wins as your top 2 right now.

I'm confused too. :D

I think his contract is at least even value for his skills
I think there is a good chance that he'll out perform his contract value
The Knick needed a player who could create and no team is getting an AS at every position (except the Warriors I guess)

But

There is also the notion that maybe the FO should have looked over the team, saw that it's two years away from being "mediocre good" even WITH Timmy and had the ballsacks and foresight to say "Yeah, let's just resign Holiday and live with two down years". Because I'm starting to consider the braintrust might not have a true handle on where the team is at (not sure of this either) and also that they felt compelled to make a "good" move, instead of the "best" move, to mollify Team Janis. And that idea is the scariest one of all, that they are operating out of some kind of fear from "Team 2nd Option guy"
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#85 » by whocares1 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 2:10 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
I've bashed Timmy here and there but 17 million? Yeah, that's top 3 or 4, but his role on the team will be somewhere from 2-4th option, so it's really not that bad. I'm not even sure how streaky he is - it's more he's come back off an injury. But he's somewhat streaky besides that.

anyway, i don't think a contender would have him as a top 3 option. you got to remember that kp is also in your top 3. so what player plus kp & timmy would make you a contender ? durant ? lebron ? anybody else ? see what i'm saying. you basically need the best player in basketball with these 2 to be really good. think about how many wins a player would have to add to this team. these two don't get that many wins as your top 2 right now.

The Knick needed a player who could create and no team is getting an AS at every position (except the Warriors I guess)

But

There is also the notion that maybe the FO should have looked over the team, saw that it's two years away from being "mediocre good" even WITH Timmy and had the ballsacks and foresight to say "Yeah, let's just resign Holiday and live with two down years". Because I'm starting to consider the braintrust might not have a true handle on where the team is at (not sure of this either) and also that they felt compelled to make a "good" move, instead of the "best" move, to mollify Team Janis. And that idea is the scariest one of all, that they are operating out of some kind of fear from "Team 2nd Option guy"

Let's not kid ourselves..the KP of the first 20 games is a number one option. Let's also not act like KP's problem are unfixable. With that being said the Knicks should be operating with the thought that the team won't win anything till 2021+ and KP needs to be paired with a guard at his level or better.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,388

Post#86 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:11 pm

whocares1 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

But

Let's not kid ourselves..the KP of the first 20 games is a number one option. Let's also not act like KP's problem are unfixable. With that being said the Knicks should be operating with the thought that the team won't win anything till 2021+ and KP needs to be paired with a guard at his level or better.

I think he's a 1b actually.

Nothing wrong with that. Even if he was a true #1, franchise changing talent (I'm positive he's not), no team should be caving out of fear. But again, maybe that wasn't the motivation around the THJr signing anway. I've just been considering it
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#87 » by SmoothLefty21 » Mon Feb 5, 2018 4:14 pm

This signing was so brutal. Leave it to the Knicks to allow Mills to make a stupid ass signing in the one month interim period between Phil and Perry. Why couldn't he have been patient and not do anything until the new GM was brought in?

Man, imagine how much better our future would look without Noah and Timmy's deal? Timmy hurts the tank, despite being Tank Commander yesterday, and our future cap situation. He did not fit our plan at all.
Kurt Rambis
Senior
And1: 483

Post#88 » by Kurt Rambis » Mon Feb 5, 2018 7:35 pm

He is not that bad of a player but just not needed when our franchise player is a big guy who loves to play at perimeter. He would play better if we had a perimeter player who can drive and dish. Same goes rest of the team.
Tuneman7
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#89 » by Tuneman7 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 1:54 am

Knicksfan20 wrote:What? Timmy and Melo never had beef? That’s not why he was traded lol.

Melo was a mentor to Timmy and they are close friends. They played ball together the entire summer.

'14-'15 season in a loss against the Nets THJ was screaming at Melo to get the F'ing rebound. Then after the game in the locker room Melo threatened to physically assault him. I thought this was common knowledge? Apparently there was beef there from day one. End of that season THJ was traded away on draft night.

If his signing this summer wasn't a sure fire sign Melo was gone, especially for that cash, I'm not sure what was.

Point being, Knicks are dumb. They are now where they were before.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#90 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 1:58 am

Tuneman7 wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:What? Timmy and Melo never had beef? That’s not why he was traded lol.

Melo was a mentor to Timmy and they are close friends. They played ball together the entire summer.

'14-'15 season in a loss against the Nets THJ was screaming at Melo to get the F'ing rebound. Then after the game in the locker room Melo threatened to physically assault him. I thought this was common knowledge? Apparently there was beef there from day one. End of that season THJ was traded away on draft night.

If his signing this summer wasn't a sure fire sign Melo was gone, especially for that cash, I'm not sure what was.

Point being, Knicks are dumb. They are now where they were before.

What does that have to do with them not liking each other? Timmy is in video saying he hoped Melo comes back with us and then goes on to talk about how he was a mentor to him.

If they hate each other, why they ball up every day during the summer together? Why after Tims rookie season was in gym working out with Melo?

They are friends dude. I’ve personally fist fought 2 of my best friends. What does a verbal altercation have anything to do with anything? Lol

Return to New York Knicks