ImageImageImageImageImage

Build a Franchise Discussion Part X

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, j4remi, mpharris36, Thorn, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, GONYK, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

User avatar
Brazilian Knick
Pro Prospect
Posts: 844
And1: 480
Joined: Aug 28, 2017
Location: Brazil
   

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1781 » by Brazilian Knick » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:12 am

Noah Vonleh

27 PTS
29 MIN
13 FG / 19 FGA
9 REB
1STL

Not bad.
Image

C: C. Capela | N. Vonleh | Nenê
PF: KAT | B. Portis | M. Muscala
SF: T. Harris | D. Brooks | N. Stauskas
SG: M. Smart | J. Hart | D. Melton
PG: J. Murray | R. Rondo | E. Okobo

2019 cap space - $52
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 14,423
And1: 7,346
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1782 » by Phish Tank » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:03 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:Solid comeback win, feel a playoff spot will be in reach next season once our off-season wheeling and dealing is announced...hate though I helped Portland by beating phx though

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app


Just tank in 2020 and the process will be trusted


Sent from a ntillmatic state of mind (or my phone)
CMFGB/SMFPB

Wingspandia

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Robinson/Galloway
SG: Hield/Kevin Huerter/Waiters
SF: Oubre/Snell/Brewer
PF: Randle/Bender/Robert Williams
C: Willy/Dirk/Leuer

Exempt: Thomas Bryant, Edy Tavares
bringbackhoffa
General Manager
Posts: 7,700
And1: 1,800
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: RE: Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1783 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:07 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:Solid comeback win, feel a playoff spot will be in reach next season once our off-season wheeling and dealing is announced...hate though I helped Portland by beating phx though

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app


Just tank in 2020 and the process will be trusted


Sent from a ntillmatic state of mind (or my phone)
Lol that's the reason why the process is going to get a much needed boost this off-season.

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app
A. Holiday (20), J. Clarkson (20)
Wiggins (30), D. Green (18)
Prince (32), Parker (30)
JJJ (30), Siakam (24)
Bamba (26), Poeltl (10)

DNP: J. Grant, W. Chandler, G. Hill, Roberson
Cap space: $50+
bringbackhoffa
General Manager
Posts: 7,700
And1: 1,800
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1784 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:00 pm

So Mecca said if I increased dirk minutes he would increase his starters minutes. I agreed to increase Dirk minutes and dude is a weasel and has backed out saying he ain't changing anything cause he's a weasel. Enjoy a meaningless fake potential ship in the future that no one will respect

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app
A. Holiday (20), J. Clarkson (20)
Wiggins (30), D. Green (18)
Prince (32), Parker (30)
JJJ (30), Siakam (24)
Bamba (26), Poeltl (10)

DNP: J. Grant, W. Chandler, G. Hill, Roberson
Cap space: $50+
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,667
And1: 11,261
Joined: May 26, 2008
   

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1785 » by Mecca » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:18 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:So Mecca said if I increased dirk minutes he would increase his starters minutes. I agreed to increase Dirk minutes and dude is a weasel and has backed out saying he ain't changing anything cause he's a weasel. Enjoy a meaningless fake potential ship in the future that no one will respect

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app


Nobody respects you Hoffa
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Trey Burke(6th)
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Wade Baldwin
3 | Caris LeVert | Garrett Temple | Jarell Martin
4 | Trey Lyles | Derrick Jones. Jr | Ivan Rabb
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner | Salah Mejri
bringbackhoffa
General Manager
Posts: 7,700
And1: 1,800
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: RE: Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1786 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:20 pm

Mecca wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:So Mecca said if I increased dirk minutes he would increase his starters minutes. I agreed to increase Dirk minutes and dude is a weasel and has backed out saying he ain't changing anything cause he's a weasel. Enjoy a meaningless fake potential ship in the future that no one will respect

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app


Nobody respects you Hoffa
Well u lost all respect by many posters with the bull ur pulling, I never had any respect to begin with

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app
A. Holiday (20), J. Clarkson (20)
Wiggins (30), D. Green (18)
Prince (32), Parker (30)
JJJ (30), Siakam (24)
Bamba (26), Poeltl (10)

DNP: J. Grant, W. Chandler, G. Hill, Roberson
Cap space: $50+
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,667
And1: 11,261
Joined: May 26, 2008
   

Re: RE: Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1787 » by Mecca » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:23 pm

bringbackhoffa wrote:
Mecca wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:So Mecca said if I increased dirk minutes he would increase his starters minutes. I agreed to increase Dirk minutes and dude is a weasel and has backed out saying he ain't changing anything cause he's a weasel. Enjoy a meaningless fake potential ship in the future that no one will respect

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app


Nobody respects you Hoffa
Well u lost all respect by many posters with the bull ur pulling, I never had any respect to begin with

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app


Everyone here views you as a clown so you never had any respect to lose.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Trey Burke(6th)
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Wade Baldwin
3 | Caris LeVert | Garrett Temple | Jarell Martin
4 | Trey Lyles | Derrick Jones. Jr | Ivan Rabb
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner | Salah Mejri
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,725
And1: 18,698
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1788 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:28 pm

there wouldn't be fighting if yall wasnt trying to intentionally lose games by benching players and limiting minutes.

game was much more fun before this BS.
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
User avatar
spree8
RealGM
Posts: 10,101
And1: 2,869
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1789 » by spree8 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:07 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:there wouldn't be fighting if yall wasnt trying to intentionally lose games by benching players and limiting minutes.

game was much more fun before this BS.



Lemme play devils advocate here for a sec... don’t teams in real life try to intentionally lose tho? It’s been reported that teams are actually using analytics to put out their worst fitting lineups in order to tank. Silver and co. are trying to fight it, but they really can’t do much besides fining teams for admitting it.
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,725
And1: 18,698
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1790 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:10 pm

spree8 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:there wouldn't be fighting if yall wasnt trying to intentionally lose games by benching players and limiting minutes.

game was much more fun before this BS.



Lemme play devils advocate here for a sec... don’t teams in real life try to intentionally lose tho? It’s been reported that teams are actually using analytics to put out their worst fitting lineups in order to tank. Silver and co. are trying to fight it, but they really can’t do much besides fining teams for admitting it.

it's different though. teams are benching players like robin lopez, justin holiday. that's not equivalent to what's going on in here

we talkin bout teams benching players like KAT, Embiid (when he's healthy), playing players like ben simmons, oladipo, 20 mins per game. you aren't seeing that in real life.
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 21,747
And1: 11,744
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1791 » by El Poochio » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:42 pm

Imagine being so out of touch with reality that you dont even know Embiid minutes are always managed

How many games he played in his career when Philly was out of playoff picture? Oh right
NewOrleansPelicans

B: Træ Young | Jeremy Lin
B: CJ McCollum | Norman Powell | Melvin Frazier
B: Devin Booker | Mikal Bridges | Svi Mykhailiuk
B: Kyle Kuzma | Andre Iguodala | Gary Clark Jr
B: Bruno Caboclo | Aron Baynes | Daniel Theis | Omari Spellman

C: Chris Finch
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 21,747
And1: 11,744
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1792 » by El Poochio » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:43 pm

Rather have people play their players however they want than constant moaning %1000000
NewOrleansPelicans

B: Træ Young | Jeremy Lin
B: CJ McCollum | Norman Powell | Melvin Frazier
B: Devin Booker | Mikal Bridges | Svi Mykhailiuk
B: Kyle Kuzma | Andre Iguodala | Gary Clark Jr
B: Bruno Caboclo | Aron Baynes | Daniel Theis | Omari Spellman

C: Chris Finch
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,725
And1: 18,698
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1793 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:48 pm

imagine being so out of touch with reality that we are in 2018 and embiid is playing every single game now with 31 MPG. not even sitting out back to backs. even has one of the highest durable ratings in the sim.

gotta love these excuses though! :lol:
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 21,747
And1: 11,744
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1794 » by El Poochio » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:59 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:imagine being so out of touch with reality that we are in 2018 and embiid is playing every single game now with 31 MPG. not even sitting out back to backs. even has one of the highest durable ratings in the sim.

gotta love these excuses though! :lol:


They are able to now cuz they werent when they were out of playoff picture

You can trade for him if you rate him this much I would be generous
NewOrleansPelicans

B: Træ Young | Jeremy Lin
B: CJ McCollum | Norman Powell | Melvin Frazier
B: Devin Booker | Mikal Bridges | Svi Mykhailiuk
B: Kyle Kuzma | Andre Iguodala | Gary Clark Jr
B: Bruno Caboclo | Aron Baynes | Daniel Theis | Omari Spellman

C: Chris Finch
User avatar
spree8
RealGM
Posts: 10,101
And1: 2,869
Joined: Jun 05, 2001
Location: Jersey + Miami
     

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1795 » by spree8 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:02 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
spree8 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:there wouldn't be fighting if yall wasnt trying to intentionally lose games by benching players and limiting minutes.

game was much more fun before this BS.



Lemme play devils advocate here for a sec... don’t teams in real life try to intentionally lose tho? It’s been reported that teams are actually using analytics to put out their worst fitting lineups in order to tank. Silver and co. are trying to fight it, but they really can’t do much besides fining teams for admitting it.

it's different though. teams are benching players like robin lopez, justin holiday. that's not equivalent to what's going on in here

we talkin bout teams benching players like KAT, Embiid (when he's healthy), playing players like ben simmons, oladipo, 20 mins per game. you aren't seeing that in real life.



What if they’re simultaneously trying to tank and avoid injury? Embiid IRL not too long ago was sitting back to backs. The sim is pretty crazy this year too... imagine losing KAT for 318 days like Jonas just was.

I’m not picking sides btw, but just trying to look at it from both pov’s. And I do see where you’re coming from... you’re playing your young dudes like normal and getting whatever pick you get, which is great and honorable, but where do you draw the lines? Especially with the NBA not really having done anything about it yet. Bledsoe was benched so blatantly last year that he took to Twitter to complain.

Do we pick certain players you can and can’t bench? Is there a minutes minimum? How many games can certain people sit? Then what happens if someone loses a player for a year because we forced them to play their star x amount of meaningless games and minutes while the sim is in its sadistic mode this season? Kinda a slippery slope :-?
Def Jam

2pac. Eminem. Big Pun. Nicki Minaj. Dr. Dre

AZ. Scarface. Method Man. Redman. R Kelly. Beatnuts

Talib Kweli. De La Soul. Naughty By Nature. Joe

Image
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,725
And1: 18,698
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1796 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:03 pm

El Poochio wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:imagine being so out of touch with reality that we are in 2018 and embiid is playing every single game now with 31 MPG. not even sitting out back to backs. even has one of the highest durable ratings in the sim.

gotta love these excuses though! :lol:


They are able to now cuz they werent when they were out of playoff picture

You can trade for him if you rate him this much I would be generous

???
last season embiid was coming off major injuries. they had no choice but to be caution with him.

embiid is now 100% healthy.

talking about the past is irrelevant to what is happening now.
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
bringbackhoffa
General Manager
Posts: 7,700
And1: 1,800
Joined: Apr 18, 2007
     

Re: RE: Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1797 » by bringbackhoffa » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:06 pm

Mecca wrote:
bringbackhoffa wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Nobody respects you Hoffa
Well u lost all respect by many posters with the bull ur pulling, I never had any respect to begin with

Sent from The Process Network using RealGM mobile app


Everyone here views you as a clown so you never had any respect to lose.


I was willing to let it go and just play a similar terrible line up vs u, however it was brought to me that you would increase your minutes if i increased dirks' minutes. And when i stated i would increase dirks minutes u backed out like a weasel.

so now should u ever win a fake championship in the future this will be the screen shot posted over and over again on how you weaseled ur way to it! It will also be used by other teams in their pitch to Simmons in 5 years on how you cost him rookie of the yr and potential allstar game, and all first/second/third team NBA.

Image
A. Holiday (20), J. Clarkson (20)
Wiggins (30), D. Green (18)
Prince (32), Parker (30)
JJJ (30), Siakam (24)
Bamba (26), Poeltl (10)

DNP: J. Grant, W. Chandler, G. Hill, Roberson
Cap space: $50+
User avatar
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
Posts: 21,747
And1: 11,744
Joined: May 19, 2015
Location: Where The Wild Things Are
         

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1798 » by El Poochio » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:06 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:imagine being so out of touch with reality that we are in 2018 and embiid is playing every single game now with 31 MPG. not even sitting out back to backs. even has one of the highest durable ratings in the sim.

gotta love these excuses though! :lol:


They are able to now cuz they werent when they were out of playoff picture

You can trade for him if you rate him this much I would be generous

???
last season embiid was coming off major injuries. they had no choice but to be caution with him.

embiid is now 100% healthy.

talking about the past is irrelevant to what is happening now.


Then stop talking about my past games and talk about now
NewOrleansPelicans

B: Træ Young | Jeremy Lin
B: CJ McCollum | Norman Powell | Melvin Frazier
B: Devin Booker | Mikal Bridges | Svi Mykhailiuk
B: Kyle Kuzma | Andre Iguodala | Gary Clark Jr
B: Bruno Caboclo | Aron Baynes | Daniel Theis | Omari Spellman

C: Chris Finch
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,725
And1: 18,698
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1799 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:15 pm

spree8 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Lemme play devils advocate here for a sec... don’t teams in real life try to intentionally lose tho? It’s been reported that teams are actually using analytics to put out their worst fitting lineups in order to tank. Silver and co. are trying to fight it, but they really can’t do much besides fining teams for admitting it.

it's different though. teams are benching players like robin lopez, justin holiday. that's not equivalent to what's going on in here

we talkin bout teams benching players like KAT, Embiid (when he's healthy), playing players like ben simmons, oladipo, 20 mins per game. you aren't seeing that in real life.



What if they’re simultaneously trying to tank and avoid injury? Embiid IRL not too long ago was sitting back to backs. The sim is pretty crazy this year too... imagine losing KAT for 318 days like Jonas just was.

I’m not picking sides btw, but just trying to look at it from both pov’s. And I do see where you’re coming from... you’re playing your young dudes like normal and getting whatever pick you get, which is great and honorable, but where do you draw the lines? Especially with the NBA not really having done anything about it yet. Bledsoe was benched so blatantly last year that he took to Twitter to complain.

Do we pick certain players you can and can’t bench? Is there a minutes minimum? How many games can certain people sit? Then what happens if someone loses a player for a year because we forced them to play their star x amount of meaningless games and minutes while the sim is in its sadistic mode this season? Kinda a slippery slope :-?

they not benching players for that reason though. you know that. they have even said it that its so they can lose. i wouldn't mind if a team benches a player every now and then. but that's not the case. only cause you said it now, they are going to use that excuse and run with it.

bledsoe ended up being traded right after that. cause he did not want to be there. players aren't going to request trades in this game. look at mecca. he's out here talkin about how his players won't care about this when they win a chip in 5 years. yet in real life players would request trades. it's blatant exploitation of the game.
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,725
And1: 18,698
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: Build a Franchise Discussion Part X 

Post#1800 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:16 pm

El Poochio wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
El Poochio wrote:
They are able to now cuz they werent when they were out of playoff picture

You can trade for him if you rate him this much I would be generous

???
last season embiid was coming off major injuries. they had no choice but to be caution with him.

embiid is now 100% healthy.

talking about the past is irrelevant to what is happening now.


Then stop talking about my past games and talk about now

if you keep this lineup for the rest of the season (or majority of it) i will put out a public apology to you in this thread. you have my word on that
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton

Return to New York Knicks