ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Trade Deadline DISCUSSION Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Icandoallthings
Senior
And1: 337

Re: Knicks Trade Deadline DISCUSSION Thread 

Post#2461 » by Icandoallthings » Thu Feb 8, 2018 11:56 pm

The Knicks are constantly sold out and supply and demand economics don't mess with the bottom line in the same way it does other teams. Don't blame casual fans for Dolan's lack of fortitude.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#2462 » by Red Vines » Thu Feb 8, 2018 11:58 pm

Now I get it--shortly after Perry was hired in Orlando they signed KOQ, he's another one of Perry's guys.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#2463 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Feb 9, 2018 12:44 am

I can’t bekive how much clev was able to get for so little

IT is broken goodsand they got fleeced by Boston. They realized in half a year and moved on

For IT, crowder, and some chump change they got Clarkson, Hill, nance, and hood

All quality players for their needs

Amazing
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#2464 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Feb 9, 2018 1:14 am

I said it the minute, Mills & Perry were running the Knicks front office...we're back to typical Knicks stupidity BUT the KP injury might FORCE these clowns w/o any cap space to focus on a full rebuild.

The lesson to be learned (again) from Steve Mills and Scott Perry is the fact, a sensible front office will NEVER add payroll that won't get you closer to a Championship title....

NO ONE was interested in Kyle O'Quinn or Courtney Lee unless the Knicks took their garbage. As a result the Knicks are STUCK with the following next season:

Enes Kanter $18.6M (player option)
Joakim Noah $18.5M, $19.2M
Tim Hardaway Jr $17.3M, $18.1M, $18.9M
Courtney Lee $12.2M, $12.7M
Lance Thomas $7.1M, $7.5M
Kyle O'Quinn $4.2M (player option)

[url]NONE of these guys would be any higher than the SEVENTH best player on a Championship contender[/url]. NONE of them could be moved for a lousy second round pick. :lol:

Nearly $77M in DEAD contracts...and it PROLONGS the rebuilding process. What stunned me is the fact, both Mills and Perry actually thought they KNEW ANYTHING about building a playoff contender.

Scott Perry couldn't even get his buddies in Detroit and Sacramento to take an expiring contract like O'Quinn for a second rounder + 10 coney dogs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Knicks are an island. Phil Jackson KNEW this and that's why he was tepid during the trade deadline.

The Process may be frowned upon, Rachel Nichols/Scottie Pippen/Tracey McGrady make "tanking" sound like throwing a baby out into the dumpster but IF your team has ZERO leverage, cannot get other teams to give you FAIR compensation, or move up in a draft.

Absolutely the Knicks have the green light to tank and get Doncic.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,547

Post#2465 » by newyorker4ever » Fri Feb 9, 2018 1:32 am

NoLayupRule wrote:I can’t bekive how much clev was able to get for so little

IT is broken goodsand they got fleeced by Boston. They realized in half a year and moved on

Amazing

I thought Clev absolutely killed it with those trades. They got some good pieces and are easily better now then they were before the trades. Now it's gonna take them time to learn how to play with each other but having Lebron as that main piece will help them get it together as quick as possible. They really did a good job with those trades.
SARGO127
General Manager
And1: 3,077

Post#2466 » by SARGO127 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 1:35 am

Sign Papa G!!!!
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#2467 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:28 am

newyorker4ever wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:I can’t bekive how much clev was able to get for so little

Amazing

I thought Clev absolutely killed it with those trades. They got some good pieces and are easily better now then they were before the trades. Now it's gonna take them time to learn how to play with each other but having Lebron as that main piece will help them get it together as quick as possible. They really did a good job with those trades.

i agree

they were the biggest mover in the trade deadline, besides Det, and made the best moves

they gave up the biggest piece is IT but truthfully everyone can see he's not what he was when Ainge sold him

I expect the lakers will let him walk

Return to New York Knicks