ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks Trade Deadline News/Info

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Re: Knicks Trade Deadline News/Info 

Post#21 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 1:08 am

aq_ua wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
aq_ua wrote:We don't. Kanter opts out and we buyout Noah.

Kanter is about 60% opting in. Knicks would be dumb to buy out Noah (and sign O'Quinn to play meaningful minutes). If we buy him out, we have to choose at that time to stretch him or not. We are better served letting him chill at home or with Phil until we know when we need the space...

It's called an ideal scenario because things have to fall your way (i.e. Kanter opts out).

Noah and Knicks have decided he's staying away from the team indefinitely, there's no reason to waste a roster spot on Noah. We're paying him regardless and there's zero reason to stretch him, we don't need immediate cap space.

There is 0 reason today, but we have 2 off-seasons with him on the books, the 2nd of which we may be looking for a major FA and need to generate space. That could mean trading Noah (EC) and a pick for a top55 protected so that we can sign Kemba or Kawhi. Can't trade Noah's cap number if he is cut... Also Jeff Hornecek will not be back next season. Why remove options when all circumstances may change in a few months. We could be getting Vinny Del Negro as our HC soon and he may want to try Noah/KP up front again.

Taking L's won't bother me until 2019/20 season. Wasting flexibility and assets does.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
aq_ua
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,206

Post#22 » by aq_ua » Wed Feb 7, 2018 1:13 am

nykballa2k4 wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Kanter is about 60% opting in. Knicks would be dumb to buy out Noah (and sign O'Quinn to play meaningful minutes). If we buy him out, we have to choose at that time to stretch him or not. We are better served letting him chill at home or with Phil until we know when we need the space...

It's called an ideal scenario because things have to fall your way (i.e. Kanter opts out).

Noah and Knicks have decided he's staying away from the team indefinitely, there's no reason to waste a roster spot on Noah. We're paying him regardless and there's zero reason to stretch him, we don't need immediate cap space.

There is 0 reason today, but we have 2 off-seasons with him on the books, the 2nd of which we may be looking for a major FA and need to generate space. That could mean trading Noah (EC) and a pick for a top55 protected so that we can sign Kemba or Kawhi. Can't trade Noah's cap number if he is cut... Also Jeff Hornecek will not be back next season. Why remove options when all circumstances may change in a few months. We could be getting Vinny Del Negro as our HC soon and he may want to try Noah/KP up front again.

Taking L's won't bother me until 2019/20 season. Wasting flexibility and assets does.

Personally, I think Noah is cooked and an expiring $19.3mm Noah has negative value in a trade, but let's agree to disagree.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,125

Post#23 » by Juco24 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 2:20 am

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/amp/

Don't know about this one... Not a Biyombo fan or Payton but would get SOMETHING in return for Noah
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#24 » by Greenie » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:35 am

I almost threw up.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,306

Post#25 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Feb 7, 2018 4:25 pm

Crickets. 27 1/2 hours to go. What disastrous decisions can they make between now and 3pm tomorrow?

The Berman trade is BS. No one in Orlando media is talking about this last I checked.
:beer: RIP mags
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#26 » by shtolky » Wed Feb 7, 2018 4:41 pm

Juco24 wrote:https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/02/06/knicks-gm-interested-in-trading-for-magic-point-guard-he-drafted/amp/

Don't know about this one... Not a Biyombo fan or Payton but would get SOMETHING in return for Noah

It's Berman. It's BS. Expect a lot of this over the next 24 hours.
nykfan42
Head Coach
And1: 3,077

Post#27 » by nykfan42 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 6:19 pm

If we actually trade for Elfrid Payton. I'm done. I've seen enough stupidity with this franchise over the last almost 20 years.
Make the Knicks great again!

Return to New York Knicks