ImageImageImageImageImage

There is reason why frank isn't starting and that is because jeff doesn't think he is ready per ian begley twitter

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

There is reason why frank isn't starting and that is because jeff doesn't think he is ready per ian begley twitter 

Post#1 » by taj2133 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:03 am

Ian Begley
@IanBegley
Jeff Hornacek answered some questions about Jarrett Jack and the possibility of starting Frank Ntilikina. He says Frank isn’t ready to start at the moment but coaches are always evaluating the possibility of putting him in that role:

4:16 PM - Feb 5, 2018
90 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
– via Twitter IanBegley
Coaching, Frank Ntilikina, Jarrett Jack, Jeff Hornacek,
https://twitter.com/IanBegley
its long article on ian begley so i couldn't post the article its on his twitter page
Ian Begley
Jeff Hornacek said today that Jarrett Jack will continue to start ahead of rookie Frank Ntilikina. "Frank's still developing. Trey(Burke) is coming in there. But I think the thought at the beginning of the year was maybe Frank at some point would become that guy. But he's still trying to grasp having to go out there every single night and play so I don't know if we're quite there. But he's learning from Jarrett, he's learning from Trey – things that they're doing."
https://twitter.com/IanBegley
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Re: There is reason why frank isn't starting and that is because jeff doesn't think he is ready per ian begley twitter 

Post#2 » by Sark » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:14 am

Most rookies aren't ready, but are allowed to play through mistakes. That's why it's called development.

But of course the Knicks have important games to win, and we're too good for development. Being 23-31 with Jarrett Jack is better than being 17-37 with Frank Ntilikina. Because Knicks.
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Re: There is reason why frank isn't starting and that is because jeff doesn't think he is ready per ian begley twitter 

Post#3 » by Dantares » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:34 am

It doesn't matter anymore. Even if we beat Milwaukee tomorrow the schedule gets hard. We play some playoff teams on the road. It's going to come to the point where we will have to play .700 basketball to get in the playoffs. Which would be impossible and perry and mills know that. When that happens all the vets are going to sit.

Just let Frank's knee heal. I want to see him close the year strong.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,053

Post#4 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:36 am

The reason Frank isn't starting is because Jeff is dumb.
:beer: RIP mags
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#5 » by Polk377 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:41 am

Frank clearly isn't ready to start yet so why should they rush him? The goal the season should be to get him adjusted to NBA play, get him some quality minutes to learn from his mistakes and keep him healthy. Frank has what it takes to be a great player but lets develop him right.
Sark
RealGM

Post#6 » by Sark » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:48 am

I can argue that Jarrett Jack is no longer capable of starting as well.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#7 » by br7knicks » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:51 am

Polk377 wrote:Frank clearly isn't ready to start yet so why should they rush him? The goal the season should be to get him adjusted to NBA play, get him some quality minutes to learn from his mistakes and keep him healthy. Frank has what it takes to be a great player but lets develop him right.

This.

He's not ready. Go ahead and start him. Will probably demoralize him out of the league
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
Knicks Byke
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,210

Post#8 » by Knicks Byke » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:00 am

br7knicks wrote:
Polk377 wrote:Frank clearly isn't ready to start yet so why should they rush him? The goal the season should be to get him adjusted to NBA play, get him some quality minutes to learn from his mistakes and keep him healthy. Frank has what it takes to be a great player but lets develop him right.

This.

He's not ready. Go ahead and start him. Will probably demoralize him out of the league

id feel demoralized if a g leaguer is playing more than me. oh and jarret pullupmidrangebricks jack too.
Polk377
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#9 » by Polk377 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:20 am

Knicks Byke wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

This.

id feel demoralized if a g leaguer is playing more than me. oh and jarret pullupmidrangebricks jack too.

LMAO the fact you would refer to Burke as a G-League player like he wasn't the 9th overall pick a few years ago after being named the NCAA POTY who already has 276 NBA games played shows you know nothing.....
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#11 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:46 am

Hornecek is an idiot but Ntilikina hasn't been good either.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,053

Post#12 » by Jalen Bluntson » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:48 am

br7knicks wrote:

This.

I would agree but, he needs to play with KP more than he does. However that's possible. If he can't take lumps learning on the job...is he really the guy you want running the N.Y. Knicks?

Trey and Frank should get the majority of the PG minutes either way. That's not happening either.
:beer: RIP mags
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#13 » by blueNorange » Tue Feb 6, 2018 4:58 am

he's not ready.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,981

Post#14 » by Capn'O » Tue Feb 6, 2018 5:03 am

Start shmart. He should get extended time when he's playing well. That, I'll never understand.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#15 » by nyczlegacy » Tue Feb 6, 2018 5:05 am

we're still in the playoff race

starting frank would just be throwing in the towel, dolan would prob **** on horny if he did that

sucks i rather we tank and play frank, better to find out if he's a scrub early in his career so we can dump him off while he still has value IMO, sorry to you frank lovers
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.
Sark
RealGM

Post#16 » by Sark » Tue Feb 6, 2018 5:14 am

nyczlegacy wrote:we're still in the playoff race

starting frank would just be throwing in the towel, dolan would prob **** on horny if he did that

sucks i rather we tank and play frank, better to find out if he's a scrub early in his career so we can dump him off while he still has value IMO, sorry to you frank lovers

Technically the Atlanta Hawks are still in the playoff race too. That doesn't mean that either team has a realistic chance of making it.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#18 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Feb 6, 2018 5:46 am

Frank is very far from being ready
It’s not just his development at stake
I don’t want his laissefaire attitude and lack of scoring interest to screw with kps growth
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,867

Post#19 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Feb 6, 2018 5:46 am

FutureKnicksGM wrote:Long azz title.

Longest I’ve ever seen

And I see a long one every morning
nyczlegacy
Analyst
And1: 783

Post#20 » by nyczlegacy » Tue Feb 6, 2018 5:47 am

Sark wrote:
nyczlegacy wrote:we're still in the playoff race

Technically the Atlanta Hawks are still in the playoff race too. That doesn't mean that either team has a realistic chance of making it.

yeah tell that to the knicks front office and hornacek haha
god shammgod wrote:didn't watch a minute. it feels good. might not watch more than a game or two for the rest of the season. there's nothing to see. our best player is a midget g-leaguer.

Return to New York Knicks