ImageImageImageImageImage

There is reason why frank isn't starting and that is because jeff doesn't think he is ready per ian begley twitter

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Re: There is reason why frank isn't starting and that is because jeff doesn't think he is ready per ian begley twitter 

Post#41 » by br7knicks » Tue Feb 6, 2018 11:50 am

NoLayupRule wrote:Frank is very far from being ready
It’s not just his development at stake
I don’t want his laissefaire attitude and lack of scoring interest to screw with kps growth

this. i think a team needs a PG who is pass first, but if you are reluctant to get into the paint to be a threat to score, teams will easily play you, making it harder for the rest of the offense.

trey is showing the attack-first mentality you need on offense, he's just score first instead of pass first.
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
br7knicks

Re: There is reason why frank isn't starting and that is because jeff doesn't think he is ready per ian begley twitter 

Post#42 » by br7knicks » Tue Feb 6, 2018 11:51 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:I think Frank's knee has been sore for the last month so maybe that has had something to do with it?

that's definitely a factor. but why don't the knicks shut him down? or run him in the g league where the pace and schedule isn't as grueling
RIP, magnumt '19

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,083

Re: RE: Re: There is reason why frank isn't starting and that is because jeff doesn't think he is ready per ian begley t 

Post#43 » by GONYK » Tue Feb 6, 2018 12:05 pm

br7knicks wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I think Frank's knee has been sore for the last month so maybe that has had something to do with it?

that's definitely a factor. but why don't the knicks shut him down? or run him in the g league where the pace and schedule isn't as grueling

What's the fundamental difference between only playing him 7 minutes and shutting him down?
br7knicks

Re: RE: Re: There is reason why frank isn't starting and that is because jeff doesn't think he is ready per ian begley t 

Post#44 » by br7knicks » Tue Feb 6, 2018 12:36 pm

GONYK wrote:
br7knicks wrote:

What's the fundamental difference between only playing him 7 minutes and shutting him down?

7 minutes of stress versus rehab
RIP, magnumt '19

King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#45 » by King of Canada » Tue Feb 6, 2018 1:19 pm

Jeff is right, but it's not like it's going to break Frank to try over a 10 game stretch. If that would hurt his confidence beyond repair he'll be out of the NBA in 5 years anyway (which I don't believe to be the case).
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,083

Post#46 » by GONYK » Tue Feb 6, 2018 1:22 pm

King of Canada wrote:Jeff is right, but it's not like it's going to break Frank to try over a 10 game stretch. If that would hurt his confidence beyond repair he'll be out of the NBA in 5 years anyway (which I don't believe to be the case).

Jeff is really only right if you still care about winning.

Frank was getting 25 mpg and playing well in December. He can do that exact thing, but just start.
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#47 » by Da ThRONe » Tue Feb 6, 2018 1:52 pm

Tron Carter wrote:
Polk377 wrote:
Knicks Byke wrote:
id feel demoralized if a g leaguer is playing more than me. oh and jarret pullupmidrangebricks jack too.

LMAO the fact you would refer to Burke as a G-League player like he wasn't the 9th overall pick a few years ago after being named the NCAA POTY who already has 276 NBA games played shows you know nothing.....

so he wasn’t in the g league this season? he wasn’t cut from the wizards last season for brandon jennings?

dude was on his way out the league before we signed him. a lottery pick bust. who gives af about his college accolades or how many games he’s sucked in the nba.

The only thing accurate about this post is that Trey was in the G League to begin the year. Everything is wrong. And players like CJ McCollum, Hassan Whiteside, Jeremy Lin, Danny Green, etc. Hell even Tony Parker was there earlier.
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,366

Post#48 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Feb 6, 2018 1:53 pm

Frank needs minutes, and he really needs minutes with KP/Timmy if that’s our core. They have actually looked decent on the floor together and can fit. I hate the approach of having Frank on a tight leash. Let him make mistakes and learn from them. Encourage them. He needs to be playing more freely.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,969

Post#49 » by F N 11 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 2:02 pm

Miss me with all that he’s not ready crap. He proved early on he can play. Jeff is an idiot.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,969

Post#50 » by F N 11 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 2:05 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Frank needs minutes, and he really needs minutes with KP/Timmy if that’s our core. They have actually looked decent on the floor together and can fit. I hate the approach of having Frank on a tight leash. Let him make mistakes and learn from them. Encourage them. He needs to be playing more freely.

Smith 5-17 9 turnovers. I wonder if they would bench him? The Knicks franchise is a joke period.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#51 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Feb 6, 2018 2:07 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Frank needs minutes, and he really needs minutes with KP/Timmy if that’s our core. They have actually looked decent on the floor together and can fit. I hate the approach of having Frank on a tight leash. Let him make mistakes and learn from them. Encourage them. He needs to be playing more freely.

I see no reason why you cannot start Ntilikina and sub him out in 1st and 3rd quarter. Starting a player doesn't mean they play 30 mpg either. Hornecek is just a bad coach. He doesn't inspire confidence, he doesn't command respect and he's probably the worst Xs and Os coach in the league. Plus the season is over! Let Ntilikina play the majority of his minutes with KP and see if he's a fit or not!
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#52 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Feb 6, 2018 2:24 pm

Jeff...Jeff...Jeff....Coach Motherf#cker..COACH!

This was the SAME problem under D'Antoni, another coach from that Championship factory, the Phoenix Suns (not!)...Suns coaches promote the mentality learn as you go along, if you can't keep up then that's on YOU.

Hornacek knows he NEEDS a better W-L record to warrant keeping his job for another season. Unfortunately this roster is a young, roster that NEEDS to be taught instead of thrown to the wolves night in and out.

Knicks just need a coach will let the kids swim but not drown, even if it's dog paddling.

It's a miracle, KP has improved his game but I believe much of that had to do with his off-season activities in Europe.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,005

Post#53 » by Jeff Van Gully » Tue Feb 6, 2018 2:39 pm

Polk377 wrote:Frank clearly isn't ready to start yet so why should they rush him? The goal the season should be to get him adjusted to NBA play, get him some quality minutes to learn from his mistakes and keep him healthy. Frank has what it takes to be a great player but lets develop him right.

i don't know what the hurry is. some kids are a stew. some come in on-fire (donovan mitchell). the end-result player is what's important.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#54 » by whocares1 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 2:56 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:Frank is very far from being ready
It’s not just his development at stake
I don’t want his laissefaire attitude and lack of scoring interest to screw with kps growth

It already has affected KP.
SmoothLefty21
Starter
And1: 2,410

Post#55 » by SmoothLefty21 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:01 pm

I wouldn't start him either but he should be getting 20 MPG no matter what and at least half of that should be when KP is on the floor.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#56 » by kane2021 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:09 pm

The development is going on outside of the games. People throw the word development around but in actuality they really mean entertainment.

They just want to see him play. So they can over analyze every step he takes. They’ll stop watching the team and only watch the player. Come up with off the wall comparisons and fantasize about him becoming that player. All to have something to stand for on a forum. Like it’s politics.

Then in two years, they’ll get bored of that. They’ll lose faith because he doesn’t fulfill their over hyped fantasies. They’ll turn on him. And seek the next unknown to do it again. Likely some 2nd round pick. Or undrafted d leaguer.

That’s really what it’s all about. So why not just be real about it? That’s why you want the coach fired.

The proof is right here. Jeff is garbage for playing vets over young players. Right? Your not getting enough frank.

Same with Willy.

Yet. The most seasoned and accomplished vet on the team had to be sent away because he’s upset about not playing. A much younger player gets the nod.

You’d think that maybe,... that alone would kill that line of thinking.

The funny thing is, most people that frequent this forum, for once, were mostly in agreement. Noah is done and should not play. And that’s what happens. He bucks. And you want heads to roll? It was your idea!

Y’all don’t give a **** about frank. The kid isn’t comfortable. His legs have hurt off and on since he was drafted. You don’t care about his long term development. You just want to use him as a pawn in your agenda games.

And just like with the Noah situation. If frank goes out there, plays more and gets hurt. Or regresses. You’ll be calling for heads to roll. When it was your idea.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,719

Post#57 » by mpharris36 » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:10 pm

K P 6 wrote:

Smith 5-17 9 turnovers. I wonder if they would bench him? The Knicks franchise is a joke period.

Read on Twitter

key line...this is how young players learn....well not according to our dumb franchise...
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,785

Post#58 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:13 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Read on Twitter

key line...this is how young players learn....well not according to our dumb franchise...

frank : turns the ball over once

jeff:

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,588

Post#59 » by Iron Mantis » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Read on Twitter

It really sucks that the league's best fans have to deal with the worst coach, front office, and owner.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,348

Post#60 » by Phish Tank » Tue Feb 6, 2018 3:21 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
K P 6 wrote:

Read on Twitter

much easier doing that when you're the worst team in the West

Return to New York Knicks