ImageImageImageImageImage

Kristaps Porzingis has torn his ACL

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,303

Re: Kristaps Porzingis has torn his ACL 

Post#1281 » by thebuzzardman » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:43 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:Might as well get that elbow surgery while he's out

Selter is going to squeeze the fluid out of it with her asscheeks

Edited for accuracy
Carl_Karlson
Head Coach
And1: 3,030

Post#1282 » by Carl_Karlson » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:19 pm

King of Canada wrote:
Carl_Karlson wrote:Might as well get that elbow surgery while he's out

Selter is going to suck the fluid out of it

:o
WTF Post of 2017:

If Phil pulled that off, I would put a put a paper bag over my head, paste a picture of Jeannie on it, poke a hole through the mouth, and give Phil the best BJ he's ever had in his entire life.[/quote]
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM
And1: 4,627

Post#1283 » by Yankeeknickfan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:01 am

Frankly, I fee like we've been set back to almost an expansion team level with this. We have young players on the team, but all of them combined have nowhere near talent and upside of KP. This injury is serious, and could ruin a player's career. KP has to work hard just to get back to the point he was now, and even now he's a player that still needs to improve to be a franchise player. Without the acl injury, I have no doubt in my mind that he would've taken that next step, but with the injury it just ruins everything. It's almost a miracle for him to get back to where he is now, let alone improve after that. We're ****
Imageceltics
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,435

Post#1284 » by RHODEY » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:09 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:Frankly, I fee like we've been set back to almost an expansion team level with this. We have young players on the team, but all of them combined have nowhere near talent and upside of KP. This injury is serious, and could ruin a player's career. KP has to work hard just to get back to the point he was now, and even now he's a player that still needs to improve to be a franchise player. Without the acl injury, I have no doubt in my mind that he would've taken that next step, but with the injury it just ruins everything. It's almost a miracle for him to get back to where he is now, let alone improve after that. We're ****

While its not a given it would be far from a miracle given his age , work ethic, and today's medical advancements. Good news is that this tean needs an expansion level rebuild.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#1285 » by Yankeeknickfan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:14 am

RHODEY wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:Frankly, I fee like we've been set back to almost an expansion team level with this. We have young players on the team, but all of them combined have nowhere near talent and upside of KP. This injury is serious, and could ruin a player's career. KP has to work hard just to get back to the point he was now, and even now he's a player that still needs to improve to be a franchise player. Without the acl injury, I have no doubt in my mind that he would've taken that next step, but with the injury it just ruins everything. It's almost a miracle for him to get back to where he is now, let alone improve after that. We're ****

While its not a given it would be far from a miracle given his age , work ethic, and today's medical advancements. Good news is that this tean needs an expansion level rebuild.

No they really didn't. With the way KP was headed, they probably would've at least been a treadmill team, as he carries a group of bums every yr. also, KP is 7'3. This isn't a normal acl patient
Imageceltics
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 43,895

Post#1286 » by DaGawd » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:32 am

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

No they really didn't. With the way KP was headed, they probably would've at least been a treadmill team, as he carries a group of bums every yr. also, KP is 7'3. This isn't a normal acl patient

Exactly why expansion level rebuild was needed. KP alone wont get us to a championship level.. if we can pick high this and next year and get 1 or maybe even 2 A+ potential players to pair with him.... sky's the limit as long as KP regains form which i am confident he will.
BaF
Washington Wizards
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#1287 » by Axolotl » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:53 am

Greetings from the Bulls board.

I just came across a study on NBA-players, their return-to-sports and performance after ACL-repair surgery. Thought it might be of interest here.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3806178/

TL;DR:

Conclusion: There is a high rate of RTS in the NBA following ACL reconstruction. Nearly all players RTS the season following surgery. Guards have the most difficult time with RTS, and centers have the most predictable outcomes. In-game performance significantly declined from preinjury levels; however, this was not significantly different from a control population. The rate of ACL retear is low.

We have had Zach LaVine back in action for a while now, and it looks like he hasn't lost any of his athleticism.

I do hope Porzingis makes his eventual return at 100%. The study linked gives reason to believe in his succesful comeback.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
earthmansurfer
Lead Assistant
And1: 839

Post#1288 » by earthmansurfer » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 am

Don't take the Roman Circus too serious. I think KP will be ok, as will our team.
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#1289 » by Yankeeknickfan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:32 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Yankeeknickfan wrote:
RHODEY wrote:

Exactly why expansion level rebuild was needed. KP alone wont get us to a championship level.. if we can pick high this and next year and get 1 or maybe even 2 A+ potential players to pair with him.... sky's the limit as long as KP regains form which i am confident he will.[/quotes this isn't a reason for expansion. You get out of this zone wry some simple FA signings, which could happen if KP is good enough to attract them
Imageceltics
Yankeeknickfan
RealGM

Post#1290 » by Yankeeknickfan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:34 pm

Axolotl wrote:Greetings from the Bulls board.

I just came across a study on NBA-players, their return-to-sports and performance after ACL-repair surgery. Thought it might be of interest here.

TL;DR:

Conclusion: There is a high rate of RTS in the NBA following ACL reconstruction. Nearly all players RTS the season following surgery. Guards have the most difficult time with RTS, and centers have the most predictable outcomes. In-game performance significantly declined from preinjury levels; however, this was not significantly different from a control population. The rate of ACL retear is low.

We have had Zach LaVine back in action for a while now, and it looks like he hasn't lost any of his athleticism.

I do hope Porzingis makes his eventual return at 100%. The study linked gives reason to believe in his succesful comeback.
if KP is shooting 39% from the field when he comes back, fuq
Imageceltics
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 10,734

Post#1291 » by JBreezeNY » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:35 pm

Yankeeknickfan wrote:
Axolotl wrote:Greetings from the Bulls board.

TL;DR:

if KP is shooting 39% from the field when he comes back, fuq

It’s only been 14 games fam :lol:
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,916

Post#1292 » by god shammgod » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:54 pm

expansion teams lose more than we do. we aren't the thunder picking durant and westbrook, we're gonna pick around 8 again. if kp comes back next year at the halfway mark and he's ok, probably the same thing next year. do yourself a favor and abandon hope for this clown franchise.
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#1293 » by Fury » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:57 pm

god shammgod wrote:expansions teams lose more than we do. we aren't the thunder picking durant and westbrook, we're gonna pick around 8 again. if kp comes back next year at the halfway mark and he's ok, probably the same thing next year. do yourself a favor and abandon hope for this clown franchise.

I agree about 8 but KP ain’t coming back to play 35 mins a game. We will get a top 3 next year.

Another thing, this reminds me, has there been a big 7’1 and more in the past 25 years who has played as many minutes per game as KP? There’s a reason why this dude always gets tired. He should be playing 30 mpg
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Re: RE: Re: Kristaps Porzingis has torn his ACL 

Post#1294 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:00 pm

Hope I'm dead wrong but I don't feel good at all about KPs future. Until I see KP playing with no damage at a high level and without getting hurt every other month for at least a season, I can't have him as part of the teams future going forward. That's why in the draft I take the bpa regardless of the fit with KP. You just can't build around an injury prone fragile player with a torn ACL.

KP is now a bonus. He's not a building block so we're at expansion team, prehistoric times. We honestly need to tank 2 seasons to recover.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Re: RE: Re: Kristaps Porzingis has torn his ACL 

Post#1295 » by BeagleBoss » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:01 pm

god shammgod wrote:expansions teams lose more than we do. we aren't the thunder picking durant and westbrook, we're gonna pick around 8 again. if kp comes back next year at the halfway mark and he's ok, probably the same thing next year. do yourself a favor and abandon hope for this clown franchise.

Soooo depressing!!!
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1296 » by god shammgod » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:11 pm

Fury wrote:

I agree about 8 but KP ain’t coming back to play 35 mins a game. We will get a top 3 next year.

Another thing, this reminds me, has there been a big 7’1 and more in the past 25 years who has played as many minutes per game as KP? There’s a reason why this dude always gets tired. He should be playing 30 mpg

he could be back in december they say. after a month he'll be playing regular minutes. everyone was sure that the bulls were getting a top 3 pick and now they almost certainly will have a worse pick than us. i wouldn't be too sure.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1297 » by god shammgod » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:14 pm

timmy will probably have an all-star like november next year and they fall off again just to screw us
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,977

Post#1298 » by Fury » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:15 pm

god shammgod wrote:timmy will probably have an all-star like november next year and they fall off again just to screw us

That’s probably true.

I also didn’t take into account that knicks will prob rush him back to make a “January playoff push”
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#1299 » by god shammgod » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:23 pm

Fury wrote:
god shammgod wrote:timmy will probably have an all-star like november next year and they fall off again just to screw us

That’s probably true.

I also didn’t take into account that knicks will prob rush him back to make a “January playoff push”

they say anywhere from 7 to 10 months. 10 months is december. they say that's being cautious and there's no reason for it to be a year. they'll watch his mintues for a month and then he'll be back. and yes, there will be a playoff push. when isn't there one.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#1300 » by ChaosHamster » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:24 pm

We pick in top5 this year.

Next year we have 15 wins at the all-start break. KP comes back and plays 10-15 minutes per game. Look great, but it isn't enough to get wins so tank is safe, we pick top3.

19-20 season, Franks 3rd year, he finally looks like like a solid starting PG, our 2018 pick looks great in his 2nd year, KP comes out as an MVP candidate after his summer training. ECF locked in.

:devil:

Return to New York Knicks