ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks holding Press Conference to Explain Stuff

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,642

Re: Knicks holding Press Conference to Explain Stuff 

Post#341 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Feb 8, 2018 5:25 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Sark wrote:

Ok, whatever.

I think he'll opt in and Kanter will opt out. He's from NY and Kanter loves NY! :lol:

Ha. But Kanter loves NY so he's opting in. You ain't getting rid of this avatar that soon buddy! :lol:
Free Palestine
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#342 » by Phish Tank » Thu Feb 8, 2018 6:03 am

Kanter will opt in and no, he won’t leave the US either

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#343 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu Feb 8, 2018 9:02 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Ok, whatever.

I think he'll opt in and Kanter will opt out. He's from NY and Kanter loves NY! :lol:

Ha. But Kanter loves NY so he's opting in. You ain't getting rid of this avatar that soon buddy! :lol:

I was just mocking your logic. I love the avatar. I don't love the overpaid international fugitive who can't defend for 18 mil
:beer: RIP mags
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,339

Post#344 » by rajajackal » Thu Feb 8, 2018 12:35 pm

Garbagelo wrote:Until Steve Mills is FIRED there is no reason to keep following this team.

fired by who? James Dolan?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,307

Post#345 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Feb 8, 2018 12:38 pm

Sark wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Sark wrote:

WTF does this have to do with anything?

Hey, don't bash. And give up some love for LFT too. :D

And Stephon Marbury, and Mark Jackson, and Rod Strickland, and Lance Stephenson (he should be a Knick), and Metta World Peace (another one that got away)...

Yeah, but those players were actually good
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,957

Post#346 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:06 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Ok, whatever.

I’m not sure, man. Kanter might be getting stupid minutes after KP and the trade deadline. This a contract year. He can cash out with these 15-15 nights on the regular.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Sprewell4Three
General Manager
And1: 4,771

Post#347 » by Sprewell4Three » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:19 pm

Put yourself in Scott Perry’s shoes. What do you expect him to say? That were not going to compete? Man some of you fake out rage about every single thing. Don’t know if some are trolls or real Knicks fans.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,581

Post#348 » by mpharris36 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:24 pm

Sprewell4Three wrote:Put yourself in Scott Perry’s shoes. What do you expect him to say? That were not going to compete? Man some of you fake out rage about every single thing. Don’t know if some are trolls or real Knicks fans.

we will know his true feelings by 3pm so I'll give him till then.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
RealGM
And1: 39,214

Post#349 » by 2010 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:32 pm

To piggy back off what I said before, this is why I think the deal trading WHG for two likely high 2nd's will prove to be a very smart move by Perry in the long run. Then hours after I said it, this article was written:

Second-round picks and development: These are two elements that have taken on more importance and impact and are being seen and felt before the NBA trade deadline, which is Thursday at 3 p.m.

“Everybody wants to make a deal, but nobody wants to take back money or bad contracts. That’s the world we’re living in,” one Eastern Conference executive said. “Second-rounders have value. Either you draft with them or use them for something else.”

Second-round draft picks have become, as one NBA source labeled them, the “coin of the realm.”

When the Nets dealt Tyler Zeller on Monday, they received Rashad Vaughn and a second-rounder from the Bucks. It quickly was apparent the key part of the return for the Nets was the second-round pick.

“All these draft picks have increased financially. If you want to sell them, they’ve increased. If you can get fortunate and get somebody in the second round, it’s huge,” one general manager said, pointing out how development has become increasingly important for teams because second-rounders, though more desirable, don’t always hit.

“The percentage of second-round players making it [drafted] in the 50s is 5 to 10 percent. Then 20-25 percent in the 40s and it gets better in the 30s,” the GM said. “It’s still hard to hit on a second-round pick, but if you’re fortunate, great.”

Some feel the second-round pick will be the currency most teams try to employ by Thursday.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/07/what-nba-teams-are-valuing-as-the-trade-deadline-nears/

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#350 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:37 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Sprewell4Three wrote:Put yourself in Scott Perry’s shoes. What do you expect him to say? That were not going to compete? Man some of you fake out rage about every single thing. Don’t know if some are trolls or real Knicks fans.

you'll be judging results and still have no way to gauge intent if there are no moves.

we can't as fans know what opportunities were present, unfortunately. we only know about the ones that get acted upon.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#351 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:37 pm

Phish Tank wrote:Kanter will opt in and no, he won’t leave the US either

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

he can go places. just not to turkey or any countries with extradition relationships.

i bet he has that list as the background on his phone.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#352 » by Greenie » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:38 pm

mpharris36 wrote:

It’s 9:38...
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#353 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:39 pm

FYI, turkey has suspended extradition with the US until we come up off of gulen. :lol:

if the US goes back on that, they might have to throw kanter into the deal too. dude might have to skip back to switzerland or something. could get real for the soldier.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#354 » by mpharris36 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:39 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

you'll be judging results and still have no way to gauge intent if there are no moves.

we can't as fans know what opportunities were present, unfortunately. we only know about the ones that get acted upon.

at minimum he could have moved KOQ to the bucks since he's better than Zeller...so if he's not able to find a move for KOQ then he didn't act fast enough. That would be on him.

I'm tired of the it takes two to tango routine to be honest. Get proactive and do something. You sold low on WHG...so why not sell low on our vets if you have too.

ROSTER

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#355 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:42 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

at minimum he could have moved KOQ to the bucks since he's better than Zeller...so if he's not able to find a move for KOQ then he didn't act fast enough. That would be on him.

I'm tired of the it takes two to tango routine to be honest. Get proactive and do something. You sold low on WHG...so sell low on our vets if you have too.

how you know the bucks wanted to do that deal? that's not fair. it's assumed that was just on the table and the knicks were sleeping. we don't know what the bucks want and why, the relationships between the two front offices, etc. my only point is it can be deeper than all that. very easy to look at this like apples-to-apples.

tyler zeller got a cheaper deal and a cheap team option for next year. KO is in a walk year and will need to be paid.

that said, i thought about the bucks as a good trade partner too. but who the hell knows?
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#356 » by Jeff Van Gully » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:43 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

I'm tired of the it takes two to tango routine to be honest. Get proactive and do something. You sold low on WHG...so why not sell low on our vets if you have too.

but it's the truth though. :lol:
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#357 » by mpharris36 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:49 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

but it's the truth though. :lol:

if we didn't sing that song every deadline...other teams making moves. We just need to be creative about it.

Like Faried for example...we should jump on that contract for acquiring a pick.

ROSTER

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,049

Re: RE: Re: Knicks holding Press Conference to Explain Stuff 

Post#358 » by GONYK » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:49 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

but it's the truth though.
It's an inescapable reality. Just like (it should be) in dating
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#359 » by mpharris36 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:50 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:

I'm tired of the it takes two to tango routine to be honest. Get proactive and do something. You sold low on WHG...so sell low on our vets if you have too.

how you know the bucks wanted to do that deal? that's not fair. it's assumed that was just on the table and the knicks were sleeping. we don't know what the bucks want and why, the relationships between the two front offices, etc. my only point is it can be deeper than all that. very easy to look at this like apples-to-apples.

tyler zeller got a cheaper deal and a cheap team option for next year. KO is in a walk year and will need to be paid.

that said, i thought about the bucks as a good trade partner too. but who the hell knows?

but what you are doing is giving the knicks front office the benefit of the doubt. I am not because past history shows Mills sucks monkey balls. So we both don't know but I will lean with Mills/Perry sucking until they prove otherwise...

ROSTER

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Re: RE: Re: Knicks holding Press Conference to Explain Stuff 

Post#360 » by mpharris36 » Thu Feb 8, 2018 2:52 pm

GONYK wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

but it's the truth though.
It's an inescapable reality. Just like (it should be) in dating

that would be the case if we had capable management.

Just like dating if you are awkward, have no job, and don't make yourself presentable how do you ever plan on getting dates in the first place? You can complain you never get dates, but how about you get proactive and do something about it instead of saying oh well no one wanted to date me...

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks