ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/18 College & Draft Thread - Trini Birthday Edition! (Pt 4)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Knicks pick OUTSIDE top 4 (Bags, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba off board)

Mikal Bridges
24%
Miles Bridges
8%
Michael Porter Jr
29%
Trae Young
3%
Jaren Jackson Jr
24%
Kevin Knox
2%
Wendell Carter
5%
Colin Sexton
3%
Robert Williams
No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 63

whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Re: 2017/18 College & Draft Thread - Trini Birthday Edition! (Pt 4) 

Post#1861 » by whocares1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
LOL i be tryna tell yall dude is good but he's not the type of player you just draft and try to sell him as "the man". He will be in chuck mode on this non disciplined, poor play running set up horny got going on he don't got the handles to create decent enough space at the NBA level either but he's well built and should be able to still body his way to the rim at least and knock down some open 3's

So, he’s THJ?

Nah Haraway is a better shooter. Mies is a better defender, rebounder and more explosive at the rim. I just feel alot of these uncoordinated moves he can pull off in college he will have a hard time with in the NBA and he'll start to settle for alot of 3's but he'd easily be our best athlete and should be able to still power his way to the rim.

Im cool with either bridges and i think the knicks will pick one if they land anywhere from 6 and beyond, they are complimentary role pieces to me thats all. <--- very good ones you should be able to build along side KP with, maybe 3rd options on the team they personally dont strike me as KP's robin.

We clear as day need a small forward and the knicks most likely go for one regardless if they are BPA especially if there high on them.

It depends on Miles' work ethic. Clearly the kid is a hard worker physically. I wasn't sold on Mitchell until I saw his interview. Some people just know what it takes.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 7,956

Post#1862 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:55 pm

Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I feel like the Bridges and Knox are similar type talent. Which one do you think is the best scorer scorer out of the 3?

They are similar in the sense none of them have creative ball handling skills and are best in spot up situations

Mikal is a way better shooter than the other two but i wouldnt say he is the best scorer

I think knox has the best scoring ability than either of the bridges in the long run if were talking getting the ball in the hoop in multiple ways on the floor i think knox has the most potential to do that effectively once he works on his handle and comes out of his shell

Other than THJR we have no one that can create a shot for themselves. We saw how much the offense stalled when he was out. Maybe Knox is the way to go.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1863 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:02 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Nyk_Fatboy wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I feel like the Bridges and Knox are similar type talent. Which one do you think is the best scorer scorer out of the 3?

They are similar in the sense none of them have creative ball handling skills and are best in spot up situations

Mikal is a way better shooter than the other two but i wouldnt say he is the best scorer

I think knox has the best scoring ability than either of the bridges in the long run if were talking getting the ball in the hoop in multiple ways on the floor i think knox has the most potential to do that effectively once he works on his handle and comes out of his shell

Other than THJR we have no one that can create a shot for themselves. We saw how much the offense stalled when he was out. Maybe Knox is the way to go.

He disappears for long stretches. Really long stretches. He might be more versatile in the moves he makes (moves he has in his arsenal), but he's not a better defender, rebounder, or shooter than Miles is...and he doesn't assert himself and drifts in and out of the game.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1864 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:28 pm

Knox is still only 18 years old. He's got tons of potential but the only concern I have with him is that he doesn't seem to understand just how good he really could be. The secret to Knox is whether or not someone can find the key to unlocking him.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#1865 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:30 pm

HEZI wrote:Knox is still only 18 years old. He's got tons of potential but the only concern I have with him is that he doesn't seem to understand just how good he really could be. The secret to Knox is whether or not someone can find the key to unlocking him.

If Coach Cal can't do it, idk who can. Cal isn't a good in game coach, but developmental wise he's top notch.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1866 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:Knox is still only 18 years old. He's got tons of potential but the only concern I have with him is that he doesn't seem to understand just how good he really could be. The secret to Knox is whether or not someone can find the key to unlocking him.

If Coach Cal can't do it, idk who can. Cal isn't a good in game coach, but developmental wise he's top notch.

Nah it's not that simple. Cal doesn't make miracles happen, he's actually held players back before (Towns). Cal never let Towns showcase his true offensive game, Towns looked more like Bagley during his time at Kentucky and he was more of a defensive player/rebounder/garbage points production type of guy. It's when Town started his private workouts that's when teams got to really see his complete offensive game.

I've actually criticized Cal for not involving Knox more in the offense and letting the guards ignore him for long stretches like they have tendency to do. He's started doing it more recently though and Knox has started to showout a little more.
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1867 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:48 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Nah it's not that simple. Cal doesn't make miracles happen, he's actually held players back before (Towns). Cal never let Towns showcase his true offensive game, Towns looked more like Bagley during his time at Kentucky and he was more of a defensive player/rebounder/garbage points production type of guy. It's when Town started his private workouts that's when teams got to really see his complete offensive game.

That's because Towns was on a loaded Kentucky team. He puts players in specific roles when his team is loaded. He had WCS/Lyles/Booker/Ulis/Poythress/Harrison Twins. That's an insanely loaded team.

Ulis
Booker
Lyles
WCS
KAT

would destroy this Knicks team w or w out KP.
Brooklyn Nets
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1868 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:01 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:

That's because Towns was on a loaded Kentucky team. He puts players in specific roles when his team is loaded. He had WCS/Lyles/Booker/Ulis/Poythress/Harrison Twins. That's an insanely loaded team.

Ulis
Booker
Lyles
WCS
KAT

They failed to win it all because of Cal. That loaded team was supposed to win it all and they didn't, why? Because Cal refused to feature Towns on offense like he should have. They let Kaminky go off on them and refused to give the ball to Towns in like the last 5 minutes of the game when they needed his offense desperately.
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1869 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:04 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Ulis
Booker
Lyles
WCS
KAT

They failed to win it all because of Cal. That loaded team was supposed to win it all and they didn't, why? Because Cal refused to feature Towns on offense like he should have. They let Kaminky go off on them and refused to give the ball to Towns in like the last 5 minutes of the game when they needed his offense desperately.

At the same time, look at Cal's track record of how many of his lotto picks have become players.

KAT
AD
Murray
Randle
Booker
Tyreke
Rose
Lyles

Who has busted for him?
Knight maybe?
MKG maybe?
Knight was a bust in Kentucky.

Knox is disappointing w Kentucky. The odds of him becoming a player aren't strong. I like SGA the most on that squad.
Brooklyn Nets
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1870 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:12 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Ulis
Booker
Lyles
WCS
KAT

At the same time, look at Cal's track record of how many of his lotto picks have become players.

KAT
AD
Murray
Randle
Booker
Tyreke
Rose
Lyles

Who has busted for him?
Knight maybe?
MKG maybe?

Those are all top recruits. He's not turning water into wine. Give those guys to most coaches and they'll be able to do something with them too.

Knox is disappointing w Kentucky. The odds of him becoming a player aren't strong. I like SGA the most on that squad

How is Knox disappointing? He's their leading scorer on good efficiency and he's looking like a top 10 pick in a loaded draft.
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1871 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:15 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

KAT
AD
Murray
Randle
Booker
Tyreke
Rose
Lyles

Who has busted for him?
Knight maybe?
MKG maybe?

Those are all top recruits. He's not turning water into wine. Give those guys to most coaches and they'll be able to do something with them too.

Yeah, but Cal has a track record of his players becoming good NBA players. He's pretty much a developmental system for pros.
Brooklyn Nets
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,783

Post#1872 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:16 pm

lowkey want a refund on skal in baf..
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,612

Post#1873 » by El Poochio » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:18 pm

Imagine wasting a top 10 pick for Tranny Young when you can have a better younger tranny for free

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1874 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:20 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:

KAT
AD
Murray
Randle
Booker
Tyreke
Rose
Lyles

Who has busted for him?
Knight maybe?
MKG maybe?

Yeah, but Cal has a track record of his players becoming good NBA players. He's pretty much a developmental system for pros.

Nah, Cal has a track record of getting top recruits to come to his school. Guys who were on a path to the NBA before ever playing for him. You're writing off Knox like he's a proven bust and coming up with some "odds" out of thin air just because you don't like what you see, meanwhile Malik Monk and DeAaron Fox haven't exactly lit the NBA world on fire yet.
DENVER NUGGETS
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,783

Post#1875 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:22 pm

knox won't bust. i see him as a 14 ppg guy
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1876 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:24 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Nah, Cal has a track record of getting top recruits to come to his school. Guys who were on a path to the NBA before ever playing for him. You're writing off Knox like he's a proven bust and coming up with some "odds" out of thin air just because you don't like what you see, meanwhile Malik Monk and DeAaron Fox haven't exactly lit the NBA world on fire yet.

Fox has been really good since returning from his injury.

Monk has been bad.

Why do top recruits continue to go to Cal w lesser roles then? They respect his ability to develop them and get them ready for the pros

I don't think Knox will be a bust. I think he's another role player IE Wilson Chandler. I'm shooting for the stars w this pick.
Brooklyn Nets
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1877 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:25 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:knox won't bust. i see him as a 14 ppg guy

Yeah, same. Only thing is I'm not drafting that w a top 10 pick.
Brooklyn Nets
blazeyo
Sixth Man
And1: 1,864

Post#1878 » by blazeyo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:26 pm

Oh my god 3totheheadmelo... Troy Brown is so raw man. He needs to stay a few years in college.

He is so out of it on the defensive end, man. He loses his man of the ball on every position. He is a complete Astronaut.

Can't believe he was your role model.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,612

Post#1879 » by El Poochio » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:27 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:lowkey want a refund on skal in baf..

The bargain of Bam pays for him and his families logistics in Haiti bro!!!!!

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#1880 » by whocares1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:29 pm

blazeyo wrote:Oh my god 3totheheadmelo... Troy Brown is so raw man. He needs to stay a few years in college.

He is so out of it on the defensive end, man. He loses his man of the ball on every position. He is a complete Astronaut.

Can't believe he was your role model.

Yea he should probably stay a year or two. The talent is definitely there.

Return to New York Knicks