ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/18 College & Draft Thread - Trini Birthday Edition! (Pt 4)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Knicks pick OUTSIDE top 4 (Bags, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba off board)

Mikal Bridges
24%
Miles Bridges
8%
Michael Porter Jr
29%
Trae Young
3%
Jaren Jackson Jr
24%
Kevin Knox
2%
Wendell Carter
5%
Colin Sexton
3%
Robert Williams
No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 63

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Re: 2017/18 College & Draft Thread - Trini Birthday Edition! (Pt 4) 

Post#1881 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:31 pm

blazeyo wrote:Oh my god 3totheheadmelo... Troy Brown is so raw man. He needs to stay a few years in college.

He is so out of it on the defensive end, man. He loses his man of the ball on every position. He is a complete Astronaut.

Can't believe he was your role model.

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#1882 » by El Poochio » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:32 pm

blazeyo wrote:Oh my god 3totheheadmelo... Troy Brown is so raw man. He needs to stay a few years in college.

He is so out of it on the defensive end, man. He loses his man of the ball on every position. He is a complete Astronaut.

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#1883 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:33 pm

Do people here have the patience if Perry and Mills draft another project like Ntilikina?
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#1884 » by whocares1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:35 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:Do people here have the patience if Perry and Mills draft another project like Ntilikina?

:roll:
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,576

Post#1885 » by El Poochio » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

3toheadmelo > 3totheheadmelo bro IT IS KNOWN!!!!

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#1886 » by DaGawd » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:38 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:Do people here have the patience if Perry and Mills draft another project like Ntilikina?

I don't have the confidence in the Knicks to develop 2 dudes like that at the same time that's for damn sure
BaF
Washington Wizards
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1887 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:45 pm

I'm getting put in forum jail to much these days....
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#1888 » by IllmaticHandler » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:45 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

You got a fan :lol: :lol:
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1889 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:48 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
Yeah, but Cal has a track record of his players becoming good NBA players. He's pretty much a developmental system for pros.

Nah, Cal has a track record of getting top recruits to come to his school. Guys who were on a path to the NBA before ever playing for him. You're writing off Knox like he's a proven bust and coming up with some "odds" out of thin air just because you don't like what you see, meanwhile Malik Monk and DeAaron Fox haven't exactly lit the NBA world on fire yet.

Fox has been really good since returning from his injury.

Monk has been bad.

Why do top recruits continue to go to Cal w lesser roles then? They respect his ability to develop them and get them ready for the pros

I don't think Knox will be a bust. I think he's another role player IE Wilson Chandler. I'm shooting for the stars w this pick.

Fox hasn't been really good since coming back from injury, he's been inconsistent just less inconsistent than he was prior to the injury when he looked BAD!

The top recruits go to Kentucky because it's a big name school and they know the light will be on them when they go there. You can shoot for the stars all you want but you're not guaranteed to hit anything
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,609

Post#1890 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:49 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:I'm getting put in forum jail to much these days....

Spoiler:
you and 2010 in jail :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#1891 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:52 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Nah, Cal has a track record of getting top recruits to come to his school. Guys who were on a path to the NBA before ever playing for him. You're writing off Knox like he's a proven bust and coming up with some "odds" out of thin air just because you don't like what you see, meanwhile Malik Monk and DeAaron Fox haven't exactly lit the NBA world on fire yet.

Monk has been bad.

Why do top recruits continue to go to Cal w lesser roles then? They respect his ability to develop them and get them ready for the pros

I don't think Knox will be a bust. I think he's another role player IE Wilson Chandler. I'm shooting for the stars w this pick.

Fox hasn't been really good since coming back from injury, he's been inconsistent just less inconsistent than he was prior to the injury when he looked BAD!

The top recruits go to Kentucky because it's a big name school and they know the light will be on them when they go there. You can shoot for the stars all you want but you're not guaranteed to hit anything

I got Fox in fantasy so I been watching. W the dysfunction of that roster, he's been super strong. I'd love to see a Knicks rookie PG drop 26 in a night.

There are mad big name schools that don't get what Cal gets. Sh*t Kentucky pre-Cal didn't get these players. UNC is THEE school and have 0 pros.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#1892 » by whocares1 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

Monk has been bad.

Why can't Top recruits that go to Kentucky go for what you're saying..AND for what Mecca is saying? There's usually multiple reasons when anybody makes a life changing decision.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1893 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:59 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Monk has been bad.

I got Fox in fantasy so I been watching. W the dysfunction of that roster, he's been super strong. I'd love to see a Knicks rookie PG drop 26 in a night.

There are mad big name schools that don't get what Cal gets. Sh*t Kentucky pre-Cal didn't get these players. UNC is THEE school and have 0 pros.

UNC? :lol:

There actually are big name schools that get top recruits other than Kentucky, Texas being one of them. Duke is also starting to have some top prospects again. Kansas and UCLA as well.
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1894 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:03 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

There actually are big name schools that get top recruits other than Kentucky, Texas being one of them. Duke is also starting to have some top prospects again. Kansas and UCLA as well.

UNC not a top school?

Kansas has a prestigious coach. Duke too.

UCLA is LA. Everyone wants to live in LA.

Players want to go into situations where they become the best pros or live the best life.
Brooklyn Nets
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1895 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:

UNC not a top school?

Players want to go into situations where they become the best pros or live the best life.

Ok then, I'm glad we got that established. It's not about X's and Os and coach Cal being some master head coach. Shyt, there are Duke fans who criticize coach K for his coaching because he hasn't exactly been putting his players in the best position to succeed either.
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1896 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:11 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

UNC not a top school?

Ok then, I'm glad we got that established. It's not about X's and Os and coach Cal being some master head coach. Shyt, there are Duke fans who criticize coach K for his coaching because he hasn't exactly been putting his players in the best position to succeed either.

I'm saying Cal's biggest strength is how he preps pros. Coach is a bad Xs and Os coach which is why he would suck in the pros.
Brooklyn Nets
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1897 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
UNC not a top school?

I'm saying Cal's biggest strength is how he preps pros. Coach is a bad Xs and Os coach which is why he would suck in the pros.

But that's been my gripe about Cal. Sure he's great at preparing players for the pros by knowing how to deal with their personalities especially young freshman kids, I got no issue with that. He's more of a character builder that's really where his rep is but when it comes to actual coaching he's nothing special and has his flaws.
DENVER NUGGETS
Mecca
RealGM

Post#1898 » by Mecca » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:24 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

But that's been my gripe about Cal. Sure he's great at preparing players for the pros by knowing how to deal with their personalities especially young freshman kids, I got no issue with that. He's more of a character builder that's really where his rep is but when it comes to actual coaching he's nothing special and has his flaws.

I agree
Brooklyn Nets
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#1899 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:40 pm

HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:
HEZI wrote:

What bothers me with him labeling himself as basically THE guy to play for if you want to become a pro is, as you've already said, he's doing nothing more than just getting high recruits (who would do well anywhere) and getting them drafted. That's really it. The character builder I guess is true? Honestly, who knows.

IF he thought this through just a little bit better, he'd focus more on skill development. If he were to give every incoming freshman a list of things they need to work on, and dedicate ___ minutes at each practice for each player to work on their deficiencies, the team players better because they'd be more skilled, he'd be a better developmental coach, AND the guys could go higher in the draft.

I'd argue his actual coaching is subpar considering the talent level he's gotten...and his recruiting / vision is a little out of whack, considering every team of his that does poorly has no shooters. You'd think he learned by now...
HEZI
RealGM

Post#1900 » by HEZI » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
HEZI wrote:
Mecca wrote:

What bothers me with him labeling himself as basically THE guy to play for if you want to become a pro is, as you've already said, he's doing nothing more than just getting high recruits (who would do well anywhere) and getting them drafted. That's really it. The character builder I guess is true? Honestly, who knows.

IF he thought this through just a little bit better, he'd focus more on skill development. If he were to give every incoming freshman a list of things they need to work on, and dedicate ___ minutes at each practice for each player to work on their deficiencies, the team players better because they'd be more skilled, he'd be a better developmental coach, AND the guys could go higher in the draft.

I'd argue his actual coaching is subpar considering the talent level he's gotten...and his recruiting / vision is a little out of whack, considering every team of his that does poorly has no shooters. You'd think he learned by now...

Thank you! You hit the nail on the head. His team right now is so flawed and a lot of it is his fault. There is no continuity with his teams, his teams go through MAJOR overhauls once his entire freshman crop decides to declare for the draft and he has to rely on a new group every year. Where are the seniors? The leaders? They have none right now. SGA is their best leader and he's a freshman who wasn't even a highly recruited player to begin with, thats why his team has looked so bad this year. I give more props to a guy like Jay Wright, look what he's turned his team into. Best team in the nation, Jalen Brunson might win NPOTY, Mikal Bridges was a super raw freshman but he got him to come back into his 3rd season and actually developed him into something. I got so much respect for that Nova program, to me they are like the standard right now, they're the San Antonio Spurs of the NCAA. Cal and his Kentucky program just looks like fluff to me
DENVER NUGGETS

Return to New York Knicks