ImageImageImageImageImage

2017/18 College & Draft Thread - Trini Birthday Edition! (Pt 4)

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Knicks pick OUTSIDE top 4 (Bags, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba off board)

Mikal Bridges
24%
Miles Bridges
8%
Michael Porter Jr
29%
Trae Young
3%
Jaren Jackson Jr
24%
Kevin Knox
2%
Wendell Carter
5%
Colin Sexton
3%
Robert Williams
No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 63

F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,351

Re: 2017/18 College & Draft Thread - Trini Birthday Edition! (Pt 4) 

Post#81 » by F N 11 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:47 pm

II got my eyes on Mikal if we not top 5. Frank ,Mikal, and KP damn who scoring?
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Bklyn&company
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,051

Post#82 » by Bklyn&company » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:50 pm

Hey Question... if we get the #5 pick (maybe Jaren Jackson, MPJ, Mamba range) and Ayton, Bag, Luka, Trae are gone would you trade it to Philly for lets say #8 and #15 and draft Mikal Bridges/Troy Brown Jr or a Wendell Carter/Miles Bridges type package or SGA/Miles Bridges..Mikal Bridges/Robert Williams etc...

If the opportunity arises I definitely would trade down once its two picks in the top 15, especially with KP out

Just a Hypothetical Question...
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#83 » by magnumt » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:50 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Knickstape1214 wrote:...

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#84 » by magnumt » Fri Feb 9, 2018 3:53 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

magnumt6
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#85 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:00 pm

Mags, if we somehow have an opportunity of getting both by like trading Frank + future pick (hopefully not next year’s pick, though), I’m jumping on that in a heartbeat...and I love Frank.

...but it’s never happening. Doncic is the best Euro prospect I’ve ever seen by far, and easily one of the best prospects PERIOD I’ve ever seen. Bags I just love. _____, THJr, Doncic, Bags, KP. :o
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#86 » by Mecca » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:04 pm

Doncic’s ability to change speeds and pace is why he’s bust proof. He’s somewhere in between Roy and Harden in terms of skill set. The best part is that he lets Frank be the PG long term.

While I love Mikal, I’m not sure a Frank/THJ/Mikal 1-2-3 is going to create enough shots and funnel the defense to create open 3’s
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by magnumt » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:05 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:Mags, if we somehow have an opportunity of getting both by like trading Frank + future pick (hopefully not next year’s pick, though), I’m jumping on that in a heartbeat...and I love Frank.

...but it’s never happening. Doncic is the best Euro prospect I’ve ever seen, and one of the best prospects PERIOD I’ve ever seen. Bags I just love. _____, THJr, Doncic, Bags, KP. :o

Agreed.

As much as we love the idea of a big backcourt of Ntilikina & Mudiay, you can't seriously turn down the chance at TWO Top 3-5 Picks.

I'm just sad that if we do get Doncic, he'll have to wait to play with Porzingis and Porzingis will have to CONTINUE to wait before finally having a good passer. :(

magnumt6
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#88 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:07 pm

magnumt wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:Mags, if we somehow have an opportunity of getting both by like trading Frank + future pick (hopefully not next year’s pick, though), I’m jumping on that in a heartbeat...and I love Frank.

...but it’s never happening. Doncic is the best Euro prospect I’ve ever seen, and one of the best prospects PERIOD I’ve ever seen. Bags I just love. _____, THJr, Doncic, Bags, KP. :o

Agreed.

As much as we love the idea of a big backcourt of Ntilikina & Mudiay, you can't seriously turn down the chance at TWO Top 3-5 Picks.

I'm just sad that if we do get Doncic, he'll have to wait to okay with Porzingis and Porzingis will have to CONTINUE to wait before finally having a good passer. :(

The best things in life are meaningless if they don't come without some tough spots. Even though I disagree with that saying, I feel like it applies. If someone wants to give me stuff for free and if I win the lottery, I'll be sooooooooo happy and it'll mean sooooo much to me. :lol:
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#89 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:10 pm

magnumt wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Aso, kudos for bringing Scott Pollard back to relevancy. :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:

HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#90 » by HEZI » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:16 pm

Chandler Hutchison
23 points / 12 rebounds / 2 assists / 4 steals / 1 block
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,604

Post#91 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:18 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
Slow down playboy....he has to get that Jump Shot in order. Is Troy really still number one? not sure if he deserves to be picked above 8

we prob end up around between 6-8.

im taking him if we end up in the 7-10 range.

this my top 10
ayton
doncic
bagley
porter
bamba
carter
troy
jackson jr
mikal
miles

yeah i know yall gonna look at me like im crazy... but idc lol

when troy is playing at his best, he is a top 8 pick in my eyes. and again, hes one of the youngest players in this draft. so he has more room to improve than most cats in this class.

Brown over Jackson?

I would expect Mikal with you, Since he handles the rock better and you always liked him more.. but you cant make a good argument to me over Jackson. And I highly doubt any team would say that either. You are crazy. lol

hell yeah im taking troy over jackson. jackson soft on the boards and he a fouling machine. and his offense is not so good. he has outstanding defensive potential but his offense.....he remind me of thon maker if im being honest
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,490

Post#92 » by Meat » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:21 pm

Bklyn&company wrote:Hey Question... if we get the #5 pick (maybe Jaren Jackson, MPJ, Mamba range) and Ayton, Bag, Luka, Trae are gone would you trade it to Philly for lets say #8 and #15 and draft Mikal Bridges/Troy Brown Jr or a Wendell Carter/Miles Bridges type package or SGA/Miles Bridges..Mikal Bridges/Robert Williams etc...

If the opportunity arises I definitely would trade down once its two picks in the top 15, especially with KP out

Just a Hypothetical Question...

in a heartbeat,
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#93 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:22 pm

IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:troy been on a tear as of recent. if he keeps this up, i won't look too crazy. he will shoot up those draft boards. i guarantee you that

Shoot up to what thoe.He has a max and it damn sure is not above 7-8. He is not playing better than any of the top 8.

I told you I roll with troy, but you tripping... you had a laced blunt for your born day. :lol:

Even Viola thinks you bugging.

:lol:

im just going to say this. fox was in the same range as troy the same time last year and that boy shot up to the top 5. now i aint sayin troy goin top 5 but he has a legit chance to go to 7-8 for sure. he has def been playin better than most of these cats of recent. if he keeps it up... you gon see what im talkin bout!

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#94 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:27 pm

troy's highlights from yesterday. stop sleeping!
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,324

Post#95 » by Mecca » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:27 pm

...but it’s never happening. Doncic is the best Euro prospect I’ve ever seen by far, and easily one of the best prospects PERIOD I’ve ever seen. Bags I just love. _____, THJr, Doncic, Bags, KP. :o

I couldn’t find your Fultz mental issue post, but I have an agent friend who spoke to me about the situation and said they checked every MRI and his shoulder is fine. He has a mental burden where he can’t mentally get his shot to what it once was. Pretty crazy stuff tbh.
Brooklyn Nets
Damian Lillard - Rajon Rondo - Trey Burke
Victor Oladipo - Wes Matthews - Javon Carter
Caris LeVert - Derrick Jones Jr. - Glenn Robinson III
Andre Igoudala - Killian Tillie - Trey Lyles
Joel Embiid - Taj Gibson - Kevon Looney
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM

Post#96 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:37 pm

Mecca wrote:

I couldn’t find your Fultz mental issue post, but I have an agent friend who spoke to me about the situation and said they checked every MRI and his shoulder is fine. He has a mental burden where he can’t mentally get his shot to what it once was. Pretty crazy stuff tbh.

I thought it was mental because it’s the same issue Chuck Hayes had with his FTs and Barkley with his golf swing. It’s just the yips...I realllllly bad case. I feel bad for him.
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#97 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:37 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
IllmaticHandler wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:troy been on a tear as of recent. if he keeps this up, i won't look too crazy. he will shoot up those draft boards. i guarantee you that

Shoot up to what thoe.He has a max and it damn sure is not above 7-8. He is not playing better than any of the top 8.

I told you I roll with troy, but you tripping... you had a laced blunt for your born day. :lol:

Even Viola thinks you bugging.

:lol:

im just going to say this. fox was in the same range as troy the same time last year and that boy shot up to the top 5. now i aint sayin troy goin top 5 but he has a legit chance to go to 7-8 for sure. he has def been playin better than most of these cats of recent. if he keeps it up... you gon see what im talkin bout!

Fam. Like I said I'm with you on Troy. I fucck with him, but by this time last year Fox was about top 5-7. Fox was damn sure not as low as Troy was at all. Its going to be tough to go before Wendell Carter, Jackson, Sexton and them. You talking like its a Done deal. he has a chance, but it's very small.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,653

Post#98 » by Knicksfan1992 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:38 pm

Mecca wrote:

I have a source from one of the hospitals in Philly who confirms this... It's mental not physical. His shoulder was completely fine when they did tests. So freakin odd...
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 47,893

Post#99 » by DOT » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:39 pm

If Mudiay pans out, I could see us going after Miles Bridges if we don't get into the top 5. KP might need to make the jump to full time C after his injury, and Bridges is pretty much what you want out of a modern PF. Think the org looks at Frank as a playmaking wing, which is fine with Mudiay, cause Mudiay has the size to defend either guard, which was my main concern if we wanted to get a PG that was smaller. This way, Frank can take the harder defensive assignment, and we can more or less hide Mudiay on the weaker guard

And if Bridges continues to develop his 3pt shot, we could have a deadly squad
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#100 » by IllmaticHandler » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:42 pm

The Irony of Fultz is he did it to himself. He took it upon himself to change something that was not Broken. Just needed more practice at the FT line. Its really bad advice from those around him. I can't even Blame Philly cause he changed his shot behind their back.

Return to New York Knicks