ImageImageImageImageImage

I feel like Pablo.....might be back!

Moderators: moocow007, Knickstape1214, magnumt, Capn'O, GONYK, mrpoetryNmotion, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, Thorn, King of Canada

god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
And1: 36,811

I feel like Pablo.....might be back! 

Post#1 » by god shammgod » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:16 am

NDIANAPOLIS — The Knicks have three point guards aged 25-and-under who need grooming, particularly 2017 lottery pick Frank Ntiliikna and 2015 lottery pick Emmanuel Mudiay, who made his Knicks debut versus the Pacers Sunday.

As a result, the Knicks are considering bringing aboard former point guard Pablo Prigioni as a developmental coach, according to two industry sources.

Prigioni, 40, was on the most recent Knicks’ team to make the playoffs — his NBA rookie year in 2012-13 when the club went 54-28.

Team president Steve Mills offered Prigioni a job last summer, but he turned it down to become head coach of Baskonia of the Spanish League.

That lasted three weeks as Prigioni stepped down with a 2-6 record. According to a source, it was not just basketball but family issues that caused him to resign.

Prigioni, who played for the Knicks from 2012-15, was lauded for his cerebral game, his playmaking and ferocious on-ball defense during his career. He also played for the Rockets and Clippers, in the Spanish League and Argentina’s national team.

Bringing in Prigioni would be a coup to mentor Ntilikina, Mudiay and Trey Burke, the 25-year-old 2013 lottery pick whom the Knicks signed last month.

Prigioni is in New York this week after being invited by the Nets to spend a week with them. According to a source, he’s learning all phases of Brooklyn’s basketball operation.

It’s unclear if the Nets have interest in hiring Prigioni. They also have three intriguing point guards in D’Angelo Russell, Spencer Dinwiddie, and the injured Jeremy Lin. One source said Prigioni is “exploring” whether he has a desire to be a personnel man.

Last summer, the Knicks fired developmental coach Joshua Longstaff, considered Kristaps Porzingis’ guy, and never replaced him. Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek felt the team had enough assistants.

However, the league is turning more toward player development with the salary cap no longer rising, limiting free-agent additions.

Last summer, Mills hired Craig Robinson, his former Princeton teammate, away from the Bucks to be player development director.

Some NBA executives have observed the Knicks have a well-stocked scouting department under the new regime, but not enough developmental coaches. One NBA assistant recently pointed to Ntilikina’s modest development this season as perhaps a cause.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/knicks-may-bring-back-familiar-face-to-mentor-young-guards/

return of the gawd!!!!!!
All Praise Due to Im Coming Home!
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 657

Re: I feel like Pablo.....might be back! 

Post#2 » by matchman » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:18 am

I approve this, he could be the one that really can help the young guns
Are you fans of the team or the player?
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 602

Post#3 » by Da_Mane_Man » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:21 am

"Some NBA executives have observed the Knicks have a well-stocked scouting department under the new regime, but not enough developmental coaches. One NBA assistant recently pointed to Ntilikina’s modest development this season as perhaps a cause."

How is your #1 goal development but you don't have enough developmental coaches? SMH

I like Pablo, but one thing both Frank and Mudi need help with is shooting, and Pablo ain't gonna be able to teach them that :lol:
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
And1: 7,574

Post#4 » by 2010 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:22 am

Sheeeeeiittt, Pablo is the one dude who could prolly teach Frank to be even more stingy wit his shot selection.

No thanks!

:lol:
Toronto Raptors

PG: L. Ball | S. Larkin | M. James
SG: B. Hield | T. Evans | M. Harris
SF: J. Simmons | D. Williams | A. Anderson
PF: D. Green | S. Ibaka | J. Martin
C: S. Adams | B. Wright | D. Jones
god shammgod
Knicks Forum Crazy Board Uncle
And1: 36,811

Post#5 » by god shammgod » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:22 am

Da_Mane_Man wrote:"Some NBA executives have observed the Knicks have a well-stocked scouting department under the new regime, but not enough developmental coaches. One NBA assistant recently pointed to Ntilikina’s modest development this season as perhaps a cause."

How is your #1 goal development but you don't have enough developmental coaches? SMH

I like Pablo, but one thing both Frank and Mudi need help with is shooting, and Pablo ain't gonna be able to teach them that :lol:

yeah that was kind of sad to read
All Praise Due to Im Coming Home!
Are We Ther Yet
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,435

Post#6 » by Are We Ther Yet » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:26 am

Whatever it takes. Pablo was great here. He can shoot. He just didn't.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 22,887

Post#7 » by Capn'O » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:42 am

I support it.
blanko
Senior
And1: 189

Post#8 » by blanko » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:47 am

I approve
Context
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#9 » by Context » Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:58 am

Capn'O wrote:I support it.
Drazen8
Freshman
And1: 35

Post#10 » by Drazen8 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 am

The article seems like it's the Nets who are interested but it would be great if the Knicks could bring him in.
Seems like Frank gets most of his steals in the passing lanes. I'd like to see him picking some pockets.
It would be sweet if Pablo could get them all hounding the inbounds pass.
MP4LIFE
Analyst
And1: 2,145

Post#11 » by MP4LIFE » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:42 am

god shammgod wrote:
Da_Mane_Man wrote:"Some NBA executives have observed the Knicks have a well-stocked scouting department under the new regime, but not enough developmental coaches. One NBA assistant recently pointed to Ntilikina’s modest development this season as perhaps a cause."

Ass-backwards organization. Nothing new.
Dolan's record as owner of NYK as of 2/1/18: 599-831
JBreezeNY
RealGM
And1: 7,591

Post#12 » by JBreezeNY » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:54 am

5 Star title.

All credit to I'm Coming Home
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
And1: 14,910

Post#13 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:29 am

There goes Jarret’s future assistant coach job.
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
And1: 14,910

Post#14 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:33 am

MP4LIFE wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

Ass-backwards organization. Nothing new.

Who exactly are these “developmental coaches”? It look like to me that we have something like 7 assistant coaches. Isn’t that their job?
Oscirus
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,488

Post#15 » by Oscirus » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:48 am

Isn't Michelle Obama's brother supposed to be the development coach? No thank you to Pablo, if you want somebody to work with the pgs let Clyde do it since he seems to want to do it so badly
Read on Twitter
Tron Carter
General Manager
And1: 5,850

Post#16 » by Tron Carter » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:57 am

Oscirus wrote:Isn't Michelle Obama's brother supposed to be the development coach? No thank you to Pablo, if you want somebody to work with the pgs let Clyde do it since he seems to want to do it so badly

Clyde is a busy man
Frank Ntillmatic aka The French Prince of New York > Midget Smith Jr. #BongaBrigade
JSmoraga
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#17 » by JSmoraga » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:55 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:There goes Jarret’s future assistant coach job.

I think Jack still has a couple years left as a (backup) player in this league.

Of course it doesn't make sense that a (supposedly) tanking team would have him as starter, but we can't deny he has been productive this year.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 5,712

Post#18 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:24 am

He could definitely help Mudiay. Not so sure he's what Frank needs though.
A new era or error?
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 5,712

Post#19 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:34 am

JSmoraga wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:There goes Jarret’s future assistant coach job.

I think Jack still has a couple years left as a (backup) player in this league.

Of course it doesn't make sense that a (supposedly) tanking team would have him as starter, but we can't deny he has been productive this year.

He won't start for much longer from looks of it.
A new era or error?
Knicks Forum A Helluva Poster
And1: 7,574

Post#20 » by 2010 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:38 am

Oscirus wrote:Isn't Michelle Obama's brother supposed to be the development coach? No thank you to Pablo, if you want somebody to work with the pgs let Clyde do it since he seems to want to do it so badly

Craig Robinson is the Director of Player Development. He doesn't develop the players himself. He is in charge of building out a department to do so.
Toronto Raptors

PG: L. Ball | S. Larkin | M. James
SG: B. Hield | T. Evans | M. Harris
SF: J. Simmons | D. Williams | A. Anderson
PF: D. Green | S. Ibaka | J. Martin
C: S. Adams | B. Wright | D. Jones

Return to New York Knicks