ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: Tanks a Make Her Dance

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Re: PG Thread: Tanks a Make Her Dance 

Post#241 » by Red Vines » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:48 pm

This is what non-tanking tanking looks like--not doing everything to win and not doing everything to lose, just trying to "compete" and fool the stupid fans... "Talent acquisition phase" is a joke too, we lost Doug and a 2nd for a questionable talent...wow, the cupboard is full of talent now!
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#242 » by shtolky » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Red Vines wrote:This is what non-tanking tanking looks like--not doing everything to win and not doing everything to lose, just trying to "compete" and fool the stupid fans... "Talent acquisition phase" is a joke too, we lost Doug and a 2nd for a questionable talent...wow, the cupboard is full of talent now!

I know losing Doug McDermott a.k.a. Larry Bird, Jr. was a tough, crushing blow.
vallen
RealGM
And1: 3,058

Post#243 » by vallen » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:52 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
vallen wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
They’re mostly losing by playing their kids though.

We will never learn and excuses are still made for how we approached this season

the league would go bankrupt if every team just played to lose. no team tanks on purpose, and every team approaches the season the same way.

I didn’t ask for examples, but thanks for providing one

NP but i wasnt providing it for you. i was just explaining so other people dont become as uninformed.
There's something about an underdog that really inspires the unexceptional.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,918

Post#244 » by F N 11 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:55 pm

Sark wrote:
Read on Twitter

lmao we the laughing stock. Cant wait for a coach to let the players coach themselves against us.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 18,506

Post#245 » by Iron Mantis » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:58 pm

We're going to have to watch Jack and other vets start and get 30+ minutes for the rest of the season. It is what it is.

Good thing is Jeff will seal his own fate by doing this, as he has no "developing the youth" excuse as to why he tanked the season. His coaching ineptitude is laid bare.
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Post#246 » by BeagleBoss » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 pm

I know he's young and he's coached by an awful coach but right now Ntilikina is one of the worst players in the entire league. The kid literally has no impact. He almost has no skills on offense, he plays careless and he has no motor. Even defensively he's sucked the last few weeks. We'll only be able to use the age excuse for so long.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#247 » by F N 11 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:03 pm

BossaNova13 wrote:Pay kanter 5min under the table to opt out and gtfo.

Trade lee for space

Sign young players with potential ( hezonja, looney , mccaw, whoever is nice)

Draft best injured prospect(porter?)

Frank/Mudiay/Burke
Hardaway/Baker
Porter/LMFT
Porzingis*/whoever
OQuinn/Noah?

*injured

2018/2019 challenge bobcats for less wins ever and draft #1.

He's taking the 18 Million.

shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#248 » by shtolky » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:04 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:I know he's young and he's coached by an awful coach but right now Ntilikina is one of the worst players in the entire league. The kid literally has no impact. He almost has no skills on offense, he plays careless and he has no motor. Even defensively he's sucked the last few weeks. We'll only be able to use the age excuse for so long.

"I know he's young and he's coached by an awful coach" is all you have to say.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#249 » by dakomish23 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:06 pm

vallen wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
vallen wrote:

the league would go bankrupt if every team just played to lose. no team tanks on purpose, and every team approaches the season the same way.

I didn’t ask for examples, but thanks for providing one

NP but i wasnt providing it for you. i was just explaining so other people dont become as uninformed.

The best way to stop other people from becoming so uninformed?

Stop spreading the excuses used by this garbage organization and the fans who defend the Knicks at all costs.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,439

Post#250 » by KnicksGod » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:08 pm

Hardaway should be okay if/once we get the other pieces in place.
Red Vines
RealGM
And1: 8,575

Post#251 » by Red Vines » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Here's the 2-2 that has the basketball world buzzing today:

F N 11
RealGM

Post#252 » by F N 11 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Reasons not to trust Jeff from jump

1) He kept Rambis
2) He bowed down to the triangle
3) After getting blown out by the Rockets his first game, he said we didnt get a chance to practice defense.
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,034

Post#253 » by Reign23 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:10 pm

Greenie wrote:Stop that shimmy crap Tim.
Stop it.

this is so **** embarassing
formerly known as knickst4pe
F N 11
RealGM

Post#254 » by F N 11 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:10 pm

KnicksGod wrote:Hardaway should be okay if/once we get the other pieces in place.

Tim is not that bad. He just needs a system where he knows where his shots are coming from. someone to hold him accountable for dumb shots. AKA a real coach.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,564

Post#255 » by mpharris36 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:12 pm

Red Vines wrote:Here's the 2-2 that has the basketball world buzzing today:

B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,495

Post#256 » by j4remi » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:16 pm

mpharris36 wrote:did you hear jeff after the game about franks minutes? The coaching staff felt jack had more history defending guys coming off screens and they wanted to go with his experience, frank really doesn't know how to defend that?

Are you f*cking kidding me Jeff!!!! then teach him!! Show him how to guard the off balls screens. How is he going to f*cking learn. Im just baffled how clueless he is and perry/mills are keeping up the charade...Jack who's been one of the worst defender in the entire league gives you a better chance?

The season is over, its about development and about the youth. How about call a timeout sit frank/mudiay/dotson whoever down and say this is how we are going to defend that off ball screen play. See how they execute. You just don't take them out because Jack has seen it before

How the f*ck is frank going to ever learn with that style of coaching? Hey take a seat because you haven't seen that play before....FOH jeff.

He's making the game harder for guys like Hardaway and Beasley; he's definitely not helping the rookies. I rarely stay tuned for the post game but I really wanted to hear him on this one to see if there was some deeper reason. But the guy's logic is trash imo.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,255

Post#257 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:21 pm

j4remi wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:did you hear jeff after the game about franks minutes? The coaching staff felt jack had more history defending guys coming off screens and they wanted to go with his experience, frank really doesn't know how to defend that?

Are you f*cking kidding me Jeff!!!! then teach him!! Show him how to guard the off balls screens. How is he going to f*cking learn. Im just baffled how clueless he is and perry/mills are keeping up the charade...Jack who's been one of the worst defender in the entire league gives you a better chance?

The season is over, its about development and about the youth. How about call a timeout sit frank/mudiay/dotson whoever down and say this is how we are going to defend that off ball screen play. See how they execute. You just don't take them out because Jack has seen it before

How the f*ck is frank going to ever learn with that style of coaching? Hey take a seat because you haven't seen that play before....FOH jeff.

He's making the game harder for guys like Hardaway and Beasley; he's definitely not helping the rookies. I rarely stay tuned for the post game but I really wanted to hear him on this one to see if there was some deeper reason. But the guy's logic is trash imo.

"more history defending guys coming off screens"

That is up there with Larry Brown starting players in there hometown
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#258 » by GONYK » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:22 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Red Vines wrote:Here's the 2-2 that has the basketball world buzzing today:

I see a fantastic move and finish off the dribble, and a pretty impressive first step that the defense couldn't recover from because of Frank's length.

Looks good to me.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,046

Post#259 » by GONYK » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
j4remi wrote:

"more history defending guys coming off screens"

That is up there with Larry Brown starting players in there hometown

The same thing can be said about literally anybody who is in the league and not 19. You don't gameplan around that.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#260 » by NYKAL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:28 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:We're going to have to watch Jack and other vets start and get 30+ minutes for the rest of the season. It is what it is.

Good thing is Jeff will seal his own fate by doing this, as he has no "developing the youth" excuse as to why he tanked the season. His coaching ineptitude is laid bare.

or, is he tanking on purpose? Even Jeff has to Know that Jarad is no longer the best guard on the team. Frank has surpassed him even IF we aren't fully satisfied with his game. Same with Muiday or however it's spelled.

Return to New York Knicks