ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2018 Yankees Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,033

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#1101 » by blue and orange » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:20 am

reub wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
bkzfinest11 wrote:
validates the importance of a good in game coach. Joe girardi was always working and thinking the ahead. While Arron boone just sits there with his tilted cap. How about mo stanton down or give him off day. Glad we are losing. FIRE THIS MAN! :banghead:

Girardi would have already been thrown out of a game at least once. Boone is like a robot, Girardi might have been a dick but at least he was real and honest with his players and would fight for his players, made no sense to let him go just because he rubbed shoulders with some players, tension is a good thing and gets players to always be on their toes rather then play with a level of comfort. Players would rather play for a manager who isn't afraid to get his uniform dirty and fight for you instead of a manager who just sits thereon a bench and says nothing.

I told you that Boone was an unqualified "yes-man." Losing Girardi was a terrible thing for this franchise.

Im not the one who let Girardi go, go talk to Cashman about that one lol.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,451

Post#1102 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:30 am

Good win. Judge with a moon shot. Love to see that. Sanchez numbers have been awesome lately. Stanton looks like a rusted robot. Slow starter someone said. Can't wait until he gets it going. The Mendoza line isn't cutting with a .295 OBP.

Need to get on a roll as the weather looks to warm up in the coming days. Well...warm for this year. It was 60 some odd degrees the other day...the next day I had ice cubes bouncing off my friggin head! Enough winter!! Holy crap!!!
:beer: RIP mags
Boarder Patrol
Head Coach
And1: 3,743

Post#1103 » by Boarder Patrol » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:58 am

Stanton had some good at bats today, I think he'll get going soon-ish especially if we can get some warm weather.

Sanchez looks good, Judge looks just as good as last year, I'm hopeful about everything except the starting pitching. The 5 we're rolling with now isn't gonna cut it for a deep playoff run.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,333

Post#1104 » by GEOLINK » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:43 am

This is how spoiled I've become with Judge.

Feels like he hasn't hit a homer in forever before the one he hit yesterday.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#1105 » by BadNewsBarnes » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:32 am

Bettances pitched well 2 outings in a row...promising.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1106 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:08 am

Good, tight gritty win from the Yanks last night. Yet another error for the Yankees, so we know defense is not their forte' but they're learning to manufacture runs. I love Judge's approach at the plate, he's taking what's there. Not trying to overdo it.
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#1107 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:31 am

BadNewsBarnes wrote:Bettances pitched well 2 outings in a row...promising.

Yeah, I know many were shatting on him but we kinda need him. Especially if we are not getting length from the starters.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
levendis
Sixth Man
And1: 1,189

Post#1108 » by levendis » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:48 am

blue and orange wrote:
reub wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
Girardi would have already been thrown out of a game at least once. Boone is like a robot, Girardi might have been a dick but at least he was real and honest with his players and would fight for his players, made no sense to let him go just because he rubbed shoulders with some players, tension is a good thing and gets players to always be on their toes rather then play with a level of comfort. Players would rather play for a manager who isn't afraid to get his uniform dirty and fight for you instead of a manager who just sits thereon a bench and says nothing.

I told you that Boone was an unqualified "yes-man." Losing Girardi was a terrible thing for this franchise.

Im not the one who let Girardi go, go talk to Cashman about that one lol.

Everyone in this is an idiot. Wtf does Boone have to do with the starters pitching like garbage, bullpen blowing games, Stanton struggling, etc. Boone is literally managing the same way Girardi does, are you guys blind. Taking out starters early, giving guys rest, etc. They're 9-8, won 4 out of the last 6 games, despite struggling to start the year. If the Redsox weren't 16-2 no one would be complaining this much.
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#1109 » by levendis » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:50 am

Mecca wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:ANALYTICS

I’d love to see the analytic out that says bench Andujar when Wade can’t bat his weight.

You put your best defenders on the field when CC is on the mound.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1110 » by GEOLINK » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:52 am

levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:ANALYTICS

I’d love to see the analytic out that says bench Andujar when Wade can’t bat his weight.

Good point.

Which reminds me, I really hope they put Romine to catch Sonny tonight.
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#1111 » by levendis » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:08 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
levendis wrote:
Mecca wrote:

Good point.

Gary is a better defender than Romine. He's blocking balls way better this year. That passed ball was a damn cross up, the NY media is stupid. Romine's framing is garbage, need that for Gray who can't hit the zone. I probably shouldn't even bring up the difference in arm strength... but Romine is the Ellsbury of catchers.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#1112 » by GEOLINK » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:09 pm

levendis wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
levendis wrote:

Good point.

Gary is a better defender than Romine. He's blocking balls way better this year. That passed ball was a damn cross up, the NY media is stupid. Romine's framing is garbage, need that for Gray who can't hit the zone. I probably shouldn't even bring up the difference in arm strength... but Romine is the Ellsbury of catchers.

It’s not even Gary is a better defender. Gray literally has better numbers when Romine is catching him for some reason.
levendis
Sixth Man

Post#1113 » by levendis » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:13 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
levendis wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Good point.

It’s not even Gary is a better defender. Gray literally has better numbers when Romine is catching him for some reason.

Idk how much stock I put on that honestly. But hell at this point I'll try anything. Need to get him right
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#1114 » by blue and orange » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:45 pm

levendis wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
levendis wrote:

Idk how much stock I put on that honestly. But hell at this point I'll try anything. Need to get him right

I heard thats whats gonna happen hey whatever it takes Gary isn't gonna be playing every game behind the plate anyways, and he can also DH some. In 09 the Jose Molina caught for AJ Burnett.
draftbarnes
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#1115 » by draftbarnes » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:07 pm

Tyler Wade should be in the minors

Horrible offensive player
On Curry declining

Pharmcat wrote:
Guest202 wrote:Didn't he score 30 two weeks ago on 5 of 10 from three?

you can still have good games in the decline, look at kobe's last game in his career
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,139

Post#1116 » by F N 11 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:17 pm

draftbarnes wrote:Tyler Wade should be in the minors

Electrifying when he gets on base. Whenever that is...
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1117 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:24 pm

This is a team still trying to find itself. You have the issue of the line up, where Stanton should hit. Lack of base stealing. Lack of speed.

Definitely terrible defense but partially due to line up with rotations at 3B, 2B, and 1B.

Rookie manager who doesn’t seem to understand match ups with the pen.

You gonna get 6-7 innings from Severino and Tanaka...CC goes deeper once the weather gets warmer.

Hopefully we’ll see Grey and Montgomery grow.

That said the pen shouldn’t be THIS taxed. Something is not right.

Fortunately it’s only April.
BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,422

Post#1118 » by BadNewsBarnes » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:21 pm

draftbarnes wrote:Tyler Wade should be in the minors

Me thinks a Gleybar/Tyler swap is imminent.
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
draftbarnes
Analyst
And1: 1,917

Post#1119 » by draftbarnes » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:18 am

Sonny gray is straight doo doo
On Curry declining

Pharmcat wrote:
Guest202 wrote:Didn't he score 30 two weeks ago on 5 of 10 from three?

you can still have good games in the decline, look at kobe's last game in his career
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#1120 » by blue and orange » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:19 am

SONNY GRAY IS A **** WHAT A FLAMING HOMO.

Return to New York Knicks