ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2018 Yankees Thread

Moderators: moocow007, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, magnumt, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 22,071
And1: 13,603
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2261 » by thebuzzardman » Tue May 15, 2018 12:56 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:"If something goes bad, I wouldn't put it past Cash to trade Stanton to the Dodgers and convince Hal that Harper would be worth the money," one rival executive told me. "With that lefthanded power, he's really the perfect fit and they know how much he wants to play there."

Harper has never hid his fascination with the Yankees, which goes back to his father passing along his love for Mantle to him as a kid growing up in Las Vegas.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/bryce-harper-yankees-union-giancarlo-stanton-article-1.3989307

Rest of the article is good. Goes into detail of how Harper has a close connection with the Yankees because of his dad. I really hope we get him.


Why move Stanton? Adding Harper to this lineup would be INSANE!! Who needs pitching? Play Judge in center. Move Harper to left.

Torres
Judge
Harper
Stanton
Sanchez
Didi
Bird
Andujar
Whatever.

:lol: That would be INSANE!!!


Frazier could be the 4th OF/DH until Florial is ready
cuyankees
Junior
Posts: 356
And1: 123
Joined: Feb 15, 2014

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2262 » by cuyankees » Tue May 15, 2018 1:35 pm

blue and orange wrote:Why not add Harper and a starting pitcher it can be done its Cashman and the Yankees anything is possible. Adding Harper would be like adding Durant to the Warriors.

Read somehow that Yanks have close to 50mn coming off books next year so shopping spree!!!
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 17,341
And1: 3,911
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2263 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue May 15, 2018 1:52 pm

Mecca wrote: I gotta get in the last word.


The guy (Tyler Austin) has 5 home runs 16 RBIs in a little over 80 at bats playing part-time. You think it's a reach that this guy can't hit 20 home runs and 50 RBIs if he gets 320 at bats in THAT line up?

NO ONE is saying this guy is a star.

I'm saying he's competent. There's no need to go out there and spend money, make a trade, etc.

It took Neil Walker 412 at bats to hit 23 home runs and 55 RBIs in 2016. It took him 512 at bats to put up similar numbers in 2014. Ok, Neil's the flavor of the month much how Tyler Austin was end of March to April.

Take the hot hand?

Ok, fine.

But don't sell me he's THAT much better especially a guy at age 32 vs a kid who is age 26.

Now, the Yankees faith is Greg Bird won't revert to Street Bird. They're hoping he picks up where he left off in the playoffs when we finally saw Bird give us something close to what we all hoped he aspired to be.

Fine. When you look at Greg Bird he looks like he has all the tools but...until he does, pretty much he has a lot in common with Joel Embiid except the break out season. Again, I hope he breaks out but I am cautiously optimistic.

And if Bird puts it together, no doubt he should start over Tyler Austin.

But again....this is FAR from a open-shut case. This IS the weakest position for the Yankees until further notice.
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 28,162
And1: 9,981
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Trey & Frank 2K18
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2264 » by Mecca » Tue May 15, 2018 1:55 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Mecca wrote: I gotta get in the last word.


The guy (Tyler Austin) has 5 home runs 16 RBIs in a little over 80 at bats playing part-time. You think it's a reach that this guy can't hit 20 home runs and 50 RBIs if he gets 320 at bats in THAT line up?

NO ONE is saying this guy is a star.

I'm saying he's competent. There's no need to go out there and spend money, make a trade, etc.

It took Neil Walker 412 at bats to hit 23 home runs and 55 RBIs in 2016. It took him 512 at bats to put up similar numbers in 2014. Ok, Neil's the flavor of the month much how Tyler Austin was end of March to April.

Take the hot hand?

Ok, fine.

But don't sell me he's THAT much better.

Now, the Yankees faith is Greg Bird won't revert to Street Bird. They're hoping he picks up where he left off in the playoffs when we finally saw Bird give us something close to what we all hoped he aspired to be.

Fine. When you look at Greg Bird he looks like he has all the tools but...until he does, pretty much he has a lot in common with Joel Embiid except the break out season. Again, I hope he breaks out but I am cautiously optimistic.

And if Bird puts it together, no doubt he should start over Tyler Austin.

But again....this is FAR from a open-shut case. This IS the weakest position for the Yankees until further notice.



You said he would bat .270. Tell me his career MLB batting average or I will for you.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Troy Williams | DFS
5 | JaVale McGee | Kevon Looney
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 17,341
And1: 3,911
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2265 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue May 15, 2018 2:05 pm

Mecca wrote: Now I like to pick my spots after he doled out the stats for all three players.


Over 7 seasons, Didi Gregorius hits .266...As a full-time starter, he hit for a best .287 with a rookie Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez missing a month (roughly) of the season.

He's currently hitting .260 avg after going 0-30...we ALL know, in THAT stacked line up With Stanton/Torres/Andujar, Didi is going to get hot again and very possibly finish close to .300.

What am I trying to say?

I'm NOT saying Tyler Austin is on the same playing field as Sir Didi.

I'm saying...That line up has Soooo much protection up and down that line up (this IS partially why Neil Walker is hitting), if Tyler Austin gets consistent playing time...it's possible he may sneak in there with a .270 avg. Am I putting all my money on Vegas? No. Obviously. But there's a chance.

And then when he gets misleading numbers, you trade him for an even BETTER asset.

I mean, I don't know why the pounce...it's not a decree or a commandment. It's an outside of the box look at how guys can benefit from a stacked line up.
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 13,358
And1: 6,274
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2266 » by Phish Tank » Tue May 15, 2018 2:49 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Mecca wrote: Now I like to pick my spots after he doled out the stats for all three players.


Over 7 seasons, Didi Gregorius hits .266...As a full-time starter, he hit for a best .287 with a rookie Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez missing a month (roughly) of the season.

He's currently hitting .260 avg after going 0-30...we ALL know, in THAT stacked line up With Stanton/Torres/Andujar, Didi is going to get hot again and very possibly finish close to .300.

What am I trying to say?

I'm NOT saying Tyler Austin is on the same playing field as Sir Didi.

I'm saying...That line up has Soooo much protection up and down that line up (this IS partially why Neil Walker is hitting), if Tyler Austin gets consistent playing time...it's possible he may sneak in there with a .270 avg. Am I putting all my money on Vegas? No. Obviously. But there's a chance.

And then when he gets misleading numbers, you trade him for an even BETTER asset.

I mean, I don't know why the pounce...it's not a decree or a commandment. It's an outside of the box look at how guys can benefit from a stacked line up.


Playing time will certainly be the biggest hurdle in hitting .270 because he just won't get in enough rhythm to hit consistently.

Now Neil Walker is largely playing because he's on a hot streak and that he's a switch hitter. With a right-handed heavy lineup, it's hard to see Austin get those consistent reps anyways.

Austin does certainly benefit from a stacked lineup though and does have the pop to make things interesting. At this age though, he's destined to be a solid platoon 1B though and thus won't have much of a trade value.
CMFGB/SMFPB

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox (34)/Kilpatrick (25)/Galloway
SG: Snell (30)/Waiters (15)/Wade/Rose
SF: Wilson Chandler (30)
PF: Randle (30) /Rabb (16)
C: Willy (30)/Vucevic (20)/Stone(10)/Tavares

Exempt: Thomas Bryant
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 28,162
And1: 9,981
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Trey & Frank 2K18
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2267 » by Mecca » Tue May 15, 2018 2:56 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:
Mecca wrote: Now I like to pick my spots after he doled out the stats for all three players.


Over 7 seasons, Didi Gregorius hits .266...As a full-time starter, he hit for a best .287 with a rookie Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez missing a month (roughly) of the season.

He's currently hitting .260 avg after going 0-30...we ALL know, in THAT stacked line up With Stanton/Torres/Andujar, Didi is going to get hot again and very possibly finish close to .300.

What am I trying to say?

I'm NOT saying Tyler Austin is on the same playing field as Sir Didi.

I'm saying...That line up has Soooo much protection up and down that line up (this IS partially why Neil Walker is hitting), if Tyler Austin gets consistent playing time...it's possible he may sneak in there with a .270 avg. Am I putting all my money on Vegas? No. Obviously. But there's a chance.

And then when he gets misleading numbers, you trade him for an even BETTER asset.

I mean, I don't know why the pounce...it's not a decree or a commandment. It's an outside of the box look at how guys can benefit from a stacked line up.


I'll answer the question for you.

224 career MLB AB's

.230 BA / .293 OBP



take your L and walk it off.
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Troy Williams | DFS
5 | JaVale McGee | Kevon Looney
User avatar
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
Posts: 7,910
And1: 4,900
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Location: New York
   

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2268 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue May 15, 2018 4:22 pm

Clint Frazier is getting called up today. No official moves have been announced though.

Wonder who is getting sent down, or maybe someone is going on the DL.
Heel Crew
User avatar
Rich Rane
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 27,520
And1: 6,041
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2269 » by Rich Rane » Tue May 15, 2018 4:43 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Clint Frazier is getting called up today. No official moves have been announced though.

Wonder who is getting sent down, or maybe someone is going on the DL.


Hard to see Walker or Austin sent down for an OF. Torreyes backs up 2B, 3B, and SS. All the OFs on the 25-man are doing relatively well. Maybe a pitcher gets sent down? If that's the case, I'm guessing Hale.
User avatar
DowNY
General Manager
Posts: 7,789
And1: 3,270
Joined: Dec 19, 2010
Location: Your mom's crib, NYC
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2270 » by DowNY » Tue May 15, 2018 5:06 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Adding harperbis a no brainer. You do it if you can. He’s still really young, he just turned 25. Crazy to think about.

We can get by with ok pitching if we added Bryce to that lineup. We need a lefty bat as well.

This.
Judge played CF a few times this season already and has history there. Give him a full offseason there.
Stanton played LF a few times this season himself.
The table is set.
J.W.O
2 SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,531
And1: 3,498
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2271 » by Are We Ther Yet » Tue May 15, 2018 5:08 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:I never said to move Stanton. LOL

But yeah, that lineup looks amazing.


Umm...the very first sentence in your post does. :eek1: :eek1: :eek1:

Umm... it clearly has quotes meaning it’s from the article and not my actual thoughts... :crazy:



Ummm....WTF do you think I was responding to? :lol:

Whoever gave you an and 1 for this is slipping as well. :lol:
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
levendis
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,338
And1: 782
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2272 » by levendis » Tue May 15, 2018 5:37 pm

DowNY wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:Adding harperbis a no brainer. You do it if you can. He’s still really young, he just turned 25. Crazy to think about.

We can get by with ok pitching if we added Bryce to that lineup. We need a lefty bat as well.

This.
Judge played CF a few times this season already and has history there. Give him a full offseason there.
Stanton played LF a few times this season himself.
The table is set.


I think Judge can play CF but I don't want him running around there long term. Would wear down his lower body. Not worth the risk. The hope is Frazier can fake CF until Florial is ready. Judge/Stanton/Harper can rotate between the corners and DH spot.
User avatar
GEOLINK
Starter
Posts: 2,344
And1: 1,449
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2273 » by GEOLINK » Tue May 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Hicks back on the DL.
User avatar
GEOLINK
Starter
Posts: 2,344
And1: 1,449
Joined: Mar 16, 2014
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2274 » by GEOLINK » Tue May 15, 2018 5:39 pm

And word going around is Cano got popped for roids... say it ain’t so Cano...
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 28,162
And1: 9,981
Joined: May 26, 2008
Location: Trey & Frank 2K18
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2275 » by Mecca » Tue May 15, 2018 5:59 pm

Favorite player of all time on the juice. I hate my life
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Victor Oladipo | TJ McConnell | Jawun Evans
2 | CJ McCollum | Wayne Ellington | Malachi Richardson
3 | Ben Simmons | Caris LeVert | Damyean Dotson
4 | Trey Lyles | Troy Williams | DFS
5 | JaVale McGee | Kevon Looney
User avatar
Rich Rane
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 27,520
And1: 6,041
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2276 » by Rich Rane » Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 pm

GEOLINK wrote:And word going around is Cano got popped for roids... say it ain’t so Cano...


There goes his HoF chances.
User avatar
JXL
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,786
And1: 3,499
Joined: Sep 01, 2013
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2277 » by JXL » Tue May 15, 2018 6:07 pm

GEOLINK wrote:And word going around is Cano got popped for roids... say it ain’t so Cano...


Glad the Yanks didn't pay him for what he isn't worth.
#TANKWORLDORDER

#LOSERFORLUKA
#PAINFORPORTER
#MELTDOWNFORMARVIN
#DROPFORDEANDRE
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 13,358
And1: 6,274
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2278 » by Phish Tank » Tue May 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Mecca wrote:Favorite player of all time on the juice. I hate my life


was bound for the HOF without the juice too.... damn
CMFGB/SMFPB

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox (34)/Kilpatrick (25)/Galloway
SG: Snell (30)/Waiters (15)/Wade/Rose
SF: Wilson Chandler (30)
PF: Randle (30) /Rabb (16)
C: Willy (30)/Vucevic (20)/Stone(10)/Tavares

Exempt: Thomas Bryant
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 17,257
And1: 4,211
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2279 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue May 15, 2018 6:26 pm

Phish Tank wrote:
Mecca wrote:Favorite player of all time on the juice. I hate my life


was bound for the HOF without the juice too.... damn

That’s what happens when A Rod is your role model.
Timberwolves: 6
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: T. Young/Gay/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter Jr/Gay/Afflalo/Anunoby
SG: Barton/Tyler Johnson /Afflalo
PG: Schroder/Barton/Barrea/Exum
User avatar
Rich Rane
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 27,520
And1: 6,041
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2280 » by Rich Rane » Tue May 15, 2018 6:27 pm

Apparently, Cano was taking Lasix, a diuretic, for a medical condition, but it could also be used as a masking agent.

Return to New York Knicks