ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2018 Yankees Thread

Moderators: moocow007, Capn'O, FrontOfficeEye, magnumt, Thorn, King of Canada, GONYK, NoLayupRule, mrpoetryNmotion, Thugger HBC, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks

User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 17,341
And1: 3,911
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2301 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed May 16, 2018 12:14 am

Hmmm. Tyler Austin. Imagine that. :lol:
User avatar
Rich Rane
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 27,519
And1: 6,041
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2302 » by Rich Rane » Wed May 16, 2018 12:24 am

Dr. Detfink wrote:Hmmm. Tyler Austin. Imagine that. :lol:


Gonzalez IS a lefty...
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 17,341
And1: 3,911
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2303 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed May 16, 2018 12:24 am

Tanaka settling down (finally). Let’s GO Yanks!
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,531
And1: 3,498
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2304 » by Are We Ther Yet » Wed May 16, 2018 12:35 am

Tyler Austin reads this thread!!!
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,531
And1: 3,498
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2305 » by Are We Ther Yet » Wed May 16, 2018 12:38 am

Boom...almost took it deep!! Sac fly 3rd RBI.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 17,341
And1: 3,911
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2306 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed May 16, 2018 12:44 am

Geezus. Only 1 run after all that?
blue and orange
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,936
And1: 241
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2307 » by blue and orange » Wed May 16, 2018 1:48 am

Should have started this game earlier if you knew rain was in the forecast.
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 17,341
And1: 3,911
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2308 » by Dr. Detfink » Wed May 16, 2018 2:33 am

Talk about a momentum killer.
Papi_swav
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 1,019
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2309 » by Papi_swav » Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 am

Rich Rane wrote:Runners on 2nd and 3rd with no one out and then 3 straight Ks. That's the type of thing that should piss off every fan.

I think this will be our biggest problem, the thing is we have too much power hitters and not enough contact hitters. Our best hitters are strikeout prone except Gregorious. This is why Houston is so great because their team is filled with contact hitters and I'm sure they would of found a way to get those runners in.
User avatar
DowNY
General Manager
Posts: 7,789
And1: 3,270
Joined: Dec 19, 2010
Location: Your mom's crib, NYC
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2310 » by DowNY » Wed May 16, 2018 4:36 am

K P 6 wrote:Tanaka batting 8th. Boone is a revolutionary.

Boone was an analyst for a few Cub games 2 seasons ago I see. Lol
J.W.O
2 SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,228
And1: 5,993
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2311 » by MaseInYourFace » Wed May 16, 2018 9:53 am

GEOLINK wrote:Athletes are so dumb if they get caught taking some **** and not once go to the team's doctor to a medication cleared.


It's BS that he didn't know. MLB already established he was taking a diuretic as a masking agent and Cano dropped his appeal. His I didn't know narrative is a PR stunt.
A new era or error?
levendis
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,338
And1: 782
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2312 » by levendis » Wed May 16, 2018 12:47 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Runners on 2nd and 3rd with no one out and then 3 straight Ks. That's the type of thing that should piss off every fan.

I think this will be our biggest problem, the thing is we have too much power hitters and not enough contact hitters. Our best hitters are strikeout prone except Gregorious. This is why Houston is so great because their team is filled with contact hitters and I'm sure they would of found a way to get those runners in.


and yet their contact hitters couldn't do **** the last time they faced the Yankees. The Yankees are 13th in the league in K%, 1st in BB%, and most importantly 1st in runs scored. They work long counts and get to the pen to feast on it. It is what it is. You're getting upset over the pitcher striking out, Torres getting called out for a pitch off the plate, and Hicks whose a bum and might be losing his job soon.
levendis
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,338
And1: 782
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2313 » by levendis » Wed May 16, 2018 12:49 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Athletes are so dumb if they get caught taking some **** and not once go to the team's doctor to a medication cleared.


It's BS that he didn't know. MLB already established he was taking a diuretic as a masking agent and Cano dropped his appeal. His I didn't know narrative is a PR stunt.


that medication is used on patients with congestive heart failure. Total BS. It's a shame, I always loved Robbie. It's a shame Jay Z played him to taking that Mariners deal. Yankees offered a higher AAV, and he would have made way more money off endorsements in NY. Yankees would have taken care of him with whatever BS job he wanted after retirement as well. Jay Z wanted that 10 year deal to establish his agency though.
cuyankees
Junior
Posts: 356
And1: 123
Joined: Feb 15, 2014

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2314 » by cuyankees » Wed May 16, 2018 6:13 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Athletes are so dumb if they get caught taking some **** and not once go to the team's doctor to a medication cleared.


It's BS that he didn't know. MLB already established he was taking a diuretic as a masking agent and Cano dropped his appeal. His I didn't know narrative is a PR stunt.

Shame, but just goes to show even a Cano, who isn’t a huge guy will juice for the edge. Saddening to think that if major sports turned up frequency of drug testing that most athletes that we enjoy to watch are juicing and it’d become public. LBJ, Brady, etc etc would all get outed
User avatar
Rich Rane
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
Posts: 27,519
And1: 6,041
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2315 » by Rich Rane » Wed May 16, 2018 8:19 pm

Doubleheader has been postponed to June 18.

Yankees week so far
Monday - Off
Tuesday - 5 and a half innings
Wednesday - Rained out
Thursday - Off

And in these four days, the division lead has increased to 1. :lol:
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,531
And1: 3,498
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2316 » by Are We Ther Yet » Wed May 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Doubleheader has been postponed to June 18.

Yankees week so far
Monday - Off
Tuesday - 5 and a half innings
Wednesday - Rained out
Thursday - Off

And in these four days, the division lead has increased to 1. :lol:


Wait...this whole series is postponed?

:lol: expanding our lead without even playing!!! GREATNESS!!!
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
Papi_swav
Starter
Posts: 2,181
And1: 1,019
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2317 » by Papi_swav » Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 pm

levendis wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:
Rich Rane wrote:Runners on 2nd and 3rd with no one out and then 3 straight Ks. That's the type of thing that should piss off every fan.

I think this will be our biggest problem, the thing is we have too much power hitters and not enough contact hitters. Our best hitters are strikeout prone except Gregorious. This is why Houston is so great because their team is filled with contact hitters and I'm sure they would of found a way to get those runners in.


and yet their contact hitters couldn't do **** the last time they faced the Yankees. The Yankees are 13th in the league in K%, 1st in BB%, and most importantly 1st in runs scored. They work long counts and get to the pen to feast on it. It is what it is. You're getting upset over the pitcher striking out, Torres getting called out for a pitch off the plate, and Hicks whose a bum and might be losing his job soon.

Lol bro we only played 40 games so far and u seen what happen in last year playoffs. I'm not upset at all just pointing out facts, Judge led the league in Ks and Stanton is up there every year too, these are power hitters, Judge has improved so far though. I still think and hope we beat them in playoffs but it will be a dog fight like last year.
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 22,071
And1: 13,603
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2318 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 16, 2018 9:54 pm

Baseball needs to insist on retractable domes or something. With the earlier start and the cold/snowy weather and the usual spring rain, it's a lot to ask of it's customers who are shelling out decent amount of cash, not to mention setting aside time in their schedule to actually show up. And the travel time involved to get to the stadium.
levendis
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,338
And1: 782
Joined: Jun 18, 2015
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2319 » by levendis » Wed May 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
levendis wrote:
Papi_swav wrote:I think this will be our biggest problem, the thing is we have too much power hitters and not enough contact hitters. Our best hitters are strikeout prone except Gregorious. This is why Houston is so great because their team is filled with contact hitters and I'm sure they would of found a way to get those runners in.


and yet their contact hitters couldn't do **** the last time they faced the Yankees. The Yankees are 13th in the league in K%, 1st in BB%, and most importantly 1st in runs scored. They work long counts and get to the pen to feast on it. It is what it is. You're getting upset over the pitcher striking out, Torres getting called out for a pitch off the plate, and Hicks whose a bum and might be losing his job soon.

Lol bro we only played 40 games so far and u seen what happen in last year playoffs. I'm not upset at all just pointing out facts, Judge led the league in Ks and Stanton is up there every year too, these are power hitters, Judge has improved so far though. I still think and hope we beat them in playoffs but it will be a dog fight like last year.


We lost last year because our offense couldn't hit on the road, not because of their contact hitters. Our pitching held their offense in check the entire series. There's a difference between Judge and Stanton striking out a ton and Todd Frazier King and popping out every time. Judge was insane in the ALCS. Bird strikes out a ton and was our best hitter all postseason. Castro doesn't strike out and he sucked. Was a complete zero that entire playoffs. Didi did nothing in the ALCS.
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 13,358
And1: 6,274
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#2320 » by Phish Tank » Wed May 16, 2018 10:04 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Baseball needs to insist on retractable domes or something. With the earlier start and the cold/snowy weather and the usual spring rain, it's a lot to ask of it's customers who are shelling out decent amount of cash, not to mention setting aside time in their schedule to actually show up. And the travel time involved to get to the stadium.


YES, YES, YES.

Freeze all public subsidies/funding until each outdoor stadium not located in the west installs a roof. They all have the margins to cover the cost
CMFGB/SMFPB

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox (34)/Kilpatrick (25)/Galloway
SG: Snell (30)/Waiters (15)/Wade/Rose
SF: Wilson Chandler (30)
PF: Randle (30) /Rabb (16)
C: Willy (30)/Vucevic (20)/Stone(10)/Tavares

Exempt: Thomas Bryant

Return to New York Knicks