ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2018 Yankees Thread

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, j4remi, mpharris36, Thorn, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, GONYK, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

jstudabaka
Rookie
Posts: 1,051
And1: 397
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#381 » by jstudabaka » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:06 pm

The Walker signing is a great acquisition for the money. It would have really been rolling the dice going into the season with 3 totally unproven infielders
blue and orange
Veteran
Posts: 2,500
And1: 429
Joined: Nov 06, 2012
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#382 » by blue and orange » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:08 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
levendis wrote:Damn Ken Singleton is retiring at the end of the year. Bummer. He's great in the booth

Wow! We better win the WS now.


I will miss him a much better play by play guy then Michael Kay, funny for a guy who was an Oriole for a long time and never played for the Yankees, it really felt like he was always a Yankee to me.
jstudabaka
Rookie
Posts: 1,051
And1: 397
Joined: Mar 21, 2010

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#383 » by jstudabaka » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:10 pm

blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
levendis wrote:Damn Ken Singleton is retiring at the end of the year. Bummer. He's great in the booth

Wow! We better win the WS now.


I will miss him a much better play by play guy then Michael Kay, funny for a guy who was an Oriole for a long time and never played for the Yankees, it really felt like he was always a Yankee to me.


Well, Ken did hail from the big apple. He's a great PBP guy. Classy, knowledgeable -- didn't try too hard to sound like the smartest guy in the room or rely on cheesy gimmicks.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Head Coach
Posts: 6,685
And1: 4,487
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#384 » by Are We Ther Yet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:18 pm

jstudabaka wrote:
blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:Wow! We better win the WS now.


I will miss him a much better play by play guy then Michael Kay, funny for a guy who was an Oriole for a long time and never played for the Yankees, it really felt like he was always a Yankee to me.


Well, Ken did hail from the big apple. He's a great PBP guy. Classy, knowledgeable -- didn't try too hard to sound like the smartest guy in the room or rely on cheesy gimmicks.


Always liked Ken. You just listed why.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 22,165
And1: 6,903
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#385 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:22 pm

blue and orange wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
levendis wrote:Damn Ken Singleton is retiring at the end of the year. Bummer. He's great in the booth

Wow! We better win the WS now.


I will miss him a much better play by play guy then Michael Kay, funny for a guy who was an Oriole for a long time and never played for the Yankees, it really felt like he was always a Yankee to me.


Have always felt he's been underrated as a broadcaster. Plus yeah honorary Yankee if there is such a thing.
A new era or error?
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 47,778
And1: 17,915
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#386 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:09 pm

Yanks sign Neil Walker to a 2 year deal. I think this is a great move for the Yankees. If he's healthy, he should get around 350-400 ABs. He can play 2B, 3B and 1B. A switch-hitter. Solid move.
Image
Ray Williams
Analyst
Posts: 3,625
And1: 251
Joined: Aug 13, 2001

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#387 » by Ray Williams » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:25 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Yanks sign Neil Walker to a 2 year deal. I think this is a great move for the Yankees. If he's healthy, he should get around 350-400 ABs. He can play 2B, 3B and 1B. A switch-hitter. Solid move.


I️ read it was a one year deal.
zappafrank
Sophomore
Posts: 158
And1: 72
Joined: Apr 11, 2017
Location: Ft. Lauderdale
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#388 » by zappafrank » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:19 pm

I don't see Andujar starting the year in the minors. unless he suddenly developes a stone glove or spaghetti arm?
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 22,165
And1: 6,903
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#389 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:26 pm

zappafrank wrote:I don't see Andujar starting the year in the minors. unless he suddenly developes a stone glove or spaghetti arm?


Why not? Yankees aren't in a rush to bring him up and I'm pretty sure Yankees still have minor league options on him. I actually interpret this as a sign neither him nor Torres will start the season in MLB.
A new era or error?
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 47,778
And1: 17,915
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#390 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Ray Williams wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Yanks sign Neil Walker to a 2 year deal. I think this is a great move for the Yankees. If he's healthy, he should get around 350-400 ABs. He can play 2B, 3B and 1B. A switch-hitter. Solid move.


I️ read it was a one year deal.


My bad. You're correct. 1 year.
Image
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 24,617
And1: 16,451
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#391 » by thebuzzardman » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:47 pm

In other NY baseball news, Mr Met got a contract extension.
User avatar
Fury
Knicks Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
Posts: 18,941
And1: 8,699
Joined: Mar 07, 2007
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#392 » by Fury » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:55 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:In other NY baseball news, Mr Met got a contract extension.


3 years 21 million cracker jacks
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Head Coach
Posts: 6,685
And1: 4,487
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#393 » by Are We Ther Yet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:35 pm

Tyler Austin hits another HR dead center.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
Posts: 18,506
And1: 4,382
Joined: Dec 31, 2005
Location: NYC
Contact:
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#394 » by Dr. Detfink » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:18 am

It means Torres is starting in the minors to work on his sliding technique.
Papi_swav
Veteran
Posts: 2,724
And1: 1,270
Joined: Jan 03, 2016
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#395 » by Papi_swav » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:53 am

This is a good singing, the type of vet we need for our long post season run. Let the kids force their way here. Our whole team is filled with above average to great players . Insane .
User avatar
Phish Tank
RealGM
Posts: 14,381
And1: 7,316
Joined: Nov 09, 2004
Location: Your Timepiece
   

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#396 » by Phish Tank » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:57 am

At the price, can’t really be too disappointed at the signing. Also gives Torres time to work on his offense


Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
CMFGB/SMFPB

Wingspandia

BAF- Houston Rockets:
PG: Fox/Jerome Robinson/Galloway
SG: Hield/Kevin Huerter/Waiters
SF: Oubre/Snell/Brewer
PF: Randle/Bender/Robert Williams
C: Willy/Dirk/Leuer

Exempt: Thomas Bryant, Edy Tavares
User avatar
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
Posts: 8,189
And1: 5,103
Joined: Jul 17, 2006
Location: New York
   

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#397 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:22 am

Definitely dont think both Andujar and Torres start the yr in the big leagues. Only 1 of the two will make it. & I dont think Andujar starts the yr w/ us.

As a championship caliber team, it could be a mistake to rely on 2 rookies. Potentially impressive rookies? Yes. But we do need vets just in case they have a slow start in their careers.

I can see Boone rotating Drury/Torres/Walker. Walker probably comes off the bench considering hes arriving to camp late, but he'll still get enough playing time to keep him happy. Being a switch hitter and being able to play so many positions, it shouldnt be hard to get him in the lineup.
Heel Crew
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 22,165
And1: 6,903
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#398 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:41 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Definitely dont think both Andujar and Torres start the yr in the big leagues. Only 1 of the two will make it. & I dont think Andujar starts the yr w/ us.

As a championship caliber team, it could be a mistake to rely on 2 rookies. Potentially impressive rookies? Yes. But we do need vets just in case they have a slow start in their careers.

I can see Boone rotating Drury/Torres/Walker. Walker probably comes off the bench considering hes arriving to camp late, but he'll still get enough playing time to keep him happy. Being a switch hitter and being able to play so many positions, it shouldnt be hard to get him in the lineup.


It looks like both Torres and Andújar will start season in the minors.

https://nypost.com/2018/03/13/gleyber-torres-immediate-future-looks-pretty-clear-now/
A new era or error?
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 24,617
And1: 16,451
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#399 » by thebuzzardman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:41 pm

What's everybody's thoughts on Wade? I feel like even after Walker and Drury, he still makes the team heading north out of spring training
User avatar
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
Posts: 28,641
And1: 7,101
Joined: Jun 29, 2005
       

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#400 » by Rich Rane » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to New York Knicks