ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2018 Yankees Thread

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,823

Re: Official 2018 Yankees Thread 

Post#6921 » by Rich Rane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 am

Price won a playoff game. If that's not a sign Boston is winning the World Series, I don't know what is.
isiah_thomas
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#6922 » by isiah_thomas » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:00 am

Losing 2 games in/which price pitches is pathetic
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,348

Post#6923 » by Phish Tank » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:10 am

We should have destroyed these pipsqueaks in the ALDS.

But cashman’s negligence in caring about hitting properly and Boone’s carelessness and lack of discipline in making us lose 10 extra games this season contributed to our demise

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#6924 » by MaseInYourFace » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:21 am

isiah_thomas wrote:Losing 2 games in/which price pitches is pathetic

Bosox look like they winning it all. Everything going their way.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#6925 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:55 am

Rich Rane wrote:Price won a playoff game. If that's not a sign Boston is winning the World Series, I don't know what is.

Yep. Yankees knock Price around like a rag doll.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,012

Post#6926 » by blue and orange » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Sox looking even better then they did in the regular season, Devers is now starting to hit, Price out pitches Verlander on 3 days rest, Moreland is healthy now, and JBJ is ripping the cover off the ball and the pen aside from Kimbrel looks better and even Kimbrel looked sharp last night.

A lot of this is Cora he is an excellent manager and gets the most out of his players he will try to get an edge anyway he can, he knew everything about the Astros inside and out, having the umps check the Stros catchers mit for pine tar I believe was a tactic to get in their heads and it worked. He manages like a basketball coach he never sits in the dugout ever, constantly shouting instructions to his team, Boone just sits there and says nothing.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#6927 » by blue and orange » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:51 pm

Phish Tank wrote:We should have destroyed these pipsqueaks in the ALDS.

But cashman’s negligence in caring about hitting properly and Boone’s carelessness and lack of discipline in making us lose 10 extra games this season contributed to our demise

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Definetly let them off the hook in games 1 and 4 of the ALDS, thats the problem everything this year for the Yanks was couldve should've, would've and almost, and everything for the Sox is did. Redsox championship banners should be put up in the Yankees spring training clubhouse next year with pictures of the Yankees being eliminated.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#6928 » by Rich Rane » Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:19 pm

blue and orange wrote:Sox looking even better then they did in the regular season, Devers is now starting to hit, Price out pitches Verlander on 3 days rest, Moreland is healthy now, and JBJ is ripping the cover off the ball and the pen aside from Kimbrel looks better and even Kimbrel looked sharp last night.

A lot of this is Cora he is an excellent manager and gets the most out of his players he will try to get an edge anyway he can, he knew everything about the Astros inside and out, having the umps check the Stros catchers mit for pine tar I believe was a tactic to get in their heads and it worked. He manages like a basketball coach he never sits in the dugout ever, constantly shouting instructions to his team, Boone just sits there and says nothing.

Red Sox and Astros are probably the teams that would pay the premium for D-Rob and Britton as well. Hurts us, strengthens them.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,119

Post#6929 » by blueNorange » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:16 pm

blue and orange wrote:Sox looking even better then they did in the regular season, Devers is now starting to hit, Price out pitches Verlander on 3 days rest, Moreland is healthy now, and JBJ is ripping the cover off the ball and the pen aside from Kimbrel looks better and even Kimbrel looked sharp last night.

lol

red sox are 100% analytics, the front office tells cora who to play. cora is just very good at understanding that in todays game, the manager is just there to babysit.

if you want to say cora is very good at communicating, fine sure i'll give you that. but cora is just another manager that's just an extension of the gm.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#6930 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:20 pm

I can't watch baseball without wanting to throw up every time.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#6931 » by GEOLINK » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:45 pm

This season is playing out like simulation mode in a video game. Red Sox won the most games = Most likely to win the World Series

Feels like that's what happens when baseball relies too much on analytics and "what the numbers tell them". Nothing is feeling organic.
blue and orange
Assistant Coach

Post#6932 » by blue and orange » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:49 am

blueNorange wrote:

lol

red sox are 100% analytics, the front office tells cora who to play. cora is just very good at understanding that in todays game, the manager is just there to babysit.

if you want to say cora is very good at communicating, fine sure i'll give you that. but cora is just another manager that's just an extension of the gm.

Everyone uses analytics, I never said the Sox dont use anaytics you still gotta coach too you see that from Cora not from Boone.
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#6933 » by awy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:33 am

the lesson from the red sox is fairly simple, get good hitters and let them hit in a way that maximizes production. in more concrete terms, get guys with great hit tool and approach, and get them to hit flyballs.

considering they have an incomplete lineup, it's really not an unbeatable team by any means.

don't believe the "pitching is everything" hype although you do need good pitching. a good lineup will still provide value come october.
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Post#6934 » by Papi_swav » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:33 am

blueNorange wrote:

lol

I disagree, Cora is a great coach and he undoubtedly out coached Boone. He made good tweaks in the game and his game plans worked out perfectly. He just has good instincts and he showed it in the series against us. He put the pitchers in at the right times, knew when to hit and run etc etc... It's not all analytics, sometimes it's knowledge and gut instincts .
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#6935 » by GEOLINK » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Yeeahhhh...
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#6936 » by Rich Rane » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:46 pm

GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeeahhhh...

Pretty sure I read $400 million/10 years being the end game here.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#6937 » by GEOLINK » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:52 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
GEOLINK wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeeahhhh...

Pretty sure I read $400 million/10 years being the end game here.

For $400 million I would rather the Yankees spend that on building a retractable roof over the stadium.
ccvle
Head Coach
And1: 1,714

Post#6938 » by ccvle » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:05 pm

I would give him 325. We need a left handed bat and hes one. And I think we need someone to take some pressure off of Stanton.
GEOLINK
General Manager

Post#6939 » by GEOLINK » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:40 pm

Read on Twitter
awy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,341

Post#6940 » by awy » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:56 am

bryce harper's defense is lowkey concerning.

with OAA from statcast we have the most accurate outfield defense metric in the public domain ever, and harper was extremely bad in the field. add in the arm component of outfield defense, harper is even worse.

if you look at the new "Directional OAA" where they look at how good a player is at making plays in different directions, Harper is pretty bad all around, but extremely bad going back for the ball. This makes sense as a kind of injury prevention reaction after he played through a bum shoulder presumably suffered through a wall collision in 2016 and generally sucked. But if he continues to be bad on defense to this degree then you are sacrificing a large chunk of value whether you play him in the outfield, or switch him to 1B/DH.

machado is looking like the obviously superior choice, then you can compete for trout later on.

Return to New York Knicks