ImageImageImageImageImage

The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,387

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#141 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:09 am

i guess we can't talk about how good burke is playing cause it's too much of a small sample size.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
DOT
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 48,264

Post#142 » by DOT » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:15 am

3toheadmelo wrote:

I mean, I'm not disagreeing that he hasn't been good, really he's been a lot better than I expected

I just don't believe he'll be able to keep up the rate he's been going at for a full season. He'll make a good bench scorer, but I just don't like small guards who can't play defense, no matter how much he tries sometimes

If we're talking about for the future, Burke/Mudiay/Frank is a solid 3 guard rotation, as Mudiay and Frank still have a lot of room to grow, and add in Dotson who could be a decent backup, and we'll be good

I'll be extremely impressed if Burke can keep this up for the rest of this season and into next, but he just won't
BaF Lakers:

Darius Garland/Cory Joseph
Klay Thompson/Shaedon Sharpe
Keldon Johnson/De'Andre Hunter
Evan Mobley/Tari Eason
Nic Claxton/Draymond Green

Bench: Leonard Miller, Jett Howard, Markquis Nowell, Kennedy Chandler, Day'Ron Sharpe
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,312

Post#143 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:59 am

It's interesting how you can find volume scoring 6th men off the G-League for less than 2 million instead of for 18 million a year.

Come at me Steve Mills.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#144 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:00 pm

In the interest of fairness, it's also interesting you can find 6'6" PG's in the 2nd round at spot # 38.

See, I'm fair.
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#145 » by Billy Goat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Read on Twitter

:o
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#146 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:43 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is not a shock. he needs to get in the best shape of his life and start to take defense seriously. I have yet to see him fight over a screen. In his defense Jokic and Kanter arent exactly the best pick and roll containers.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,586

Post#147 » by mpharris36 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:48 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is not a shock. he needs to get in the best shape of his life and start to take defense seriously. I have yet to see him fight over a screen. In his defense Jokic and Kanter arent exactly the best pick and roll containers.

this is true (jokic and kanter are bad defenders)...but he runs around screens like he's a kid play duck duck goose. Use f*cking angles he's always trying to avoid contact.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#148 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:00 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

If there is even a HINT of a screen Mudiay instantly takes 2 steps back. Watch for it. There's a lot to like about him, but he may be the worst "young guy" defender I've ever seen. I mean, Rose had bad knees, Calderon was ancient and always slow, but Mudiay has a laziness factor around screens that is shocking. And I'm not saying this to prop up Frank. I'd prefer a Mudiay\Frank backcourt, all things considered - meaning if both worked out all their flaws. With Burke as 1st guard off the bench. Or mix that up. Anyway, he's got a lot of work to do defensively.

Prediction: He never gets it together defensively because this coaching staff sucks.
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#149 » by fatalogic » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds like the right thing to do since the other teams in the tank race are using analytics and other shady tricks to tank.
F N 11
RealGM

Post#150 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:08 pm

fatalogic wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sounds like the right thing to do since the other teams in the tank race are using analytics and other shady tricks to tank.

Nothing stops this tank. Too many bad defenders on the team and no #1 guy. Long as Mudiay gets his minutes and the other guys its fine. Im just pissed Lee wasnt traded. Guy stats taking a hit because Jeff wants to go young. Just sit him completely. Same goes for Lance. At least Kanter and Kyle playing for a contract.
Triple C
Knicks Forum The Good News
And1: 16,840

Post#151 » by Triple C » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Read on Twitter
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#152 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:09 pm

Mudiay has played like what? 4 games for us and one being against the Warriors with Enes Kanter and Michael Beasley getting the majority of the minutes with him. Judging his net rating off of that is extremely flawed but anything to push an agenda I guess?
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,707

Post#153 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:02 pm

K P 6 wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
Read on Twitter

His defense has been noticeably better the past 2 games. We're not going to survive defensively when Michael Beasley and Enes Kanter are getting the majority of the frontcourt minutes. Only so much Manny and the guards/wings can do to cover for that
F N 11
RealGM

Post#154 » by F N 11 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:19 pm

Triple C wrote:
Read on Twitter

TF

Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#155 » by Sark » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:38 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:Mudiay has played like what? 4 games for us and one being against the Warriors with Enes Kanter and Michael Beasley getting the majority of the minutes with him. Judging his net rating off of that is extremely flawed but anything to push an agenda I guess?

What's the excuse for his net rating in Denver then?
TheBigBoss
RealGM
And1: 3,837

Post#156 » by TheBigBoss » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:57 pm

I want to hold onto to Mudiay to see if we can salvage him. Worst case scenario there is no reason why he can't be a good backup PG. I want to try to develop him and Troy Williams as our backups. Having him, Troy W., Burke, Hardaway Jr, and Kanter (all currently 25 or below) as our bench can be pretty strong in a few years. If Frank can develop into a starter, then he, KP, our draft pick this year, our draft pick next year, and a FA as our starters , we could have a pretty decent bench to backup our starters. I would like to try to have some continuity for a change and let these guys play together for a while.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,521

Post#157 » by Fat Kat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Shouldn't really have to do this at this point in the season, but I guess it's progress.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
fatalogic
Veteran
And1: 2,147

Post#158 » by fatalogic » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:36 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Shouldn't really have to do this at this point in the season, but I guess it's progress.

It's bad when you consider he played in Denver and got that extra mile high conditioning just from living there.
KnickFan33
Veteran
And1: 1,446

Post#159 » by KnickFan33 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:41 pm

Which tendency is worse? Mudiay's taking a spill on just about every drive to the basket? Or Rose's constant leaving his feet to pass?
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#160 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:56 pm

TheBigBoss wrote:I want to hold onto to Mudiay to see if we can salvage him. Worst case scenario there is no reason why he can't be a good backup PG. I want to try to develop him and Troy Williams as our backups. Having him, Troy W., Burke, Hardaway Jr, and Kanter (all currently 25 or below) as our bench can be pretty strong in a few years. If Frank can develop into a starter, then he, KP, our draft pick this year, our draft pick next year, and a FA as our starters , we could have a pretty decent bench to backup our starters. I would like to try to have some continuity for a change and let these guys play together for a while.

I agree about that bench but, who knows what we end up drafting the next 2 years or signing in FA?
:beer: RIP mags

Return to New York Knicks