ImageImageImageImageImage

The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, j4remi, mpharris36, Thorn, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, GONYK, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

Dantares
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,436
And1: 1,849
Joined: Oct 08, 2003

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#181 » by Dantares » Tue Mar 6, 2018 6:35 am

https://nypost.com/2018/03/06/emmanuel-mudiay-is-still-knicks-starting-point-guard-with-a-catch/

-looks like Mudiay is going to start next game

-Whoever starts to finish this season has no bearing on who starts next year

-Jeff thinks starting Ntilikina is not the most important thing, right now its about getting him more minutes

-Jeff was seen helping Mudiay with his shot again because that hitch has returned

-Mudiay was hinting that Jeff told him he's got to play better to keep his starting job.

-Jeff is mulling a starting lineup change because portland is small(I have no clue what this could mean)
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Image
User avatar
Knicksfan20
RealGM
Posts: 17,736
And1: 4,730
Joined: Aug 19, 2006
       

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#182 » by Knicksfan20 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 12:31 pm

Burke should be starting over Doodiay
Timberwolves: 69
C: Whiteside/Oquinn/J. Allen/Zizic
PF: Ibaka/T.Young/Anunoby/TJ Leaf
SF: Porter Jr/Anunoby/T.Young
SG: Barton/Young/Anunoby/Afflalo
PG: Schroder/Barrea/Exum
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 54,392
And1: 25,389
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#183 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 1:13 pm

Dantares wrote:https://nypost.com/2018/03/06/emmanuel-mudiay-is-still-knicks-starting-point-guard-with-a-catch/

-looks like Mudiay is going to start next game

-Whoever starts to finish this season has no bearing on who starts next year

-Jeff thinks starting Ntilikina is not the most important thing, right now its about getting him more minutes

-Jeff was seen helping Mudiay with his shot again because that hitch has returned

-Mudiay was hinting that Jeff told him he's got to play better to keep his starting job.

-Jeff is mulling a starting lineup change because portland is small(I have no clue what this could mean)


so why did he play no 4th qtr minutes when he was having a good game, Jeff?

Also Mudiay continuing to start seems to help out the tank so I'm fine with it...
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Kevin Looney/Papagiannis
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Ryan Anderson/Kevin Hervey
SF - Jaylen Brown/Tomas Satoransky/Lance Thomas
SG - E'twaun Moore/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
PG - Kyle Lowry/Shabazz Napier/Tony Carr
User avatar
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 27,671
And1: 11,782
Joined: Nov 12, 2004
Location: Bar stool

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#184 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Mar 6, 2018 1:48 pm

Mudiay with a legendary tank commander performance... the opposite of Linsanity

Read on Twitter
Mavs
C: Cody Zeller | Jordan Bell | Amir Johnson
F: Giannis | Solomon Hill | K Birch
F: Ariza | Juan Hernangomez |Kurucs
SG: Beal | Sterling Brown | Meeks
PG: Jrue Holiday | Darren Collison | D White
Stash
Williams-Goss
Vezenkov
Barnes
User avatar
Fat Kat
RealGM
Posts: 22,847
And1: 10,979
Joined: Apr 19, 2004
     

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#185 » by Fat Kat » Tue Mar 6, 2018 1:58 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Mudiay with a legendary tank commander performance... the opposite of Linsanity

Read on Twitter


Good lord. I’m trying to hold off judging him, but it’s hard.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 54,392
And1: 25,389
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#186 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:05 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Mudiay with a legendary tank commander performance... the opposite of Linsanity

Read on Twitter


i guess we should say...keep up the good work :lol:
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Kevin Looney/Papagiannis
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Ryan Anderson/Kevin Hervey
SF - Jaylen Brown/Tomas Satoransky/Lance Thomas
SG - E'twaun Moore/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
PG - Kyle Lowry/Shabazz Napier/Tony Carr
User avatar
BeagleBoss
Head Coach
Posts: 7,173
And1: 3,527
Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#187 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:08 pm

That's another reason I dislike Hornecek's coaching. He doesn't reward players who are playing well and he doesn't punish players for playing poorly. So regardless of performance, there are no consequences, unless you're Ntilikina. To start Mudiay, who just got here and hasn't played well, over Burke is insulting. To even start him over Ntilikina, who's played better as of late, is also insulting. What exactly has Mudiay done to earn that spot? Most importantly, what has Mudiay done to keep that spot?
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 54,392
And1: 25,389
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#188 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:11 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:That's another reason I dislike Hornecek's coaching. He doesn't reward players who are playing well and he doesn't punish players for playing poorly. So regardless of performance, there are no consequences, unless you're Ntilikina. To start Mudiay, who just got here and hasn't played well, over Burke is insulting. To even start him over Ntilikina, who's played better as of late, is also insulting. What exactly has Mudiay done to earn that spot? Most importantly, what has Mudiay done to keep that spot?


Image
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Kevin Looney/Papagiannis
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Ryan Anderson/Kevin Hervey
SF - Jaylen Brown/Tomas Satoransky/Lance Thomas
SG - E'twaun Moore/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
PG - Kyle Lowry/Shabazz Napier/Tony Carr
User avatar
BeagleBoss
Head Coach
Posts: 7,173
And1: 3,527
Joined: Nov 26, 2011

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#189 » by BeagleBoss » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:21 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:That's another reason I dislike Hornecek's coaching. He doesn't reward players who are playing well and he doesn't punish players for playing poorly. So regardless of performance, there are no consequences, unless you're Ntilikina. To start Mudiay, who just got here and hasn't played well, over Burke is insulting. To even start him over Ntilikina, who's played better as of late, is also insulting. What exactly has Mudiay done to earn that spot? Most importantly, what has Mudiay done to keep that spot?


Image


I was bashing Hornecek there for picking on Ntilikina.

Image
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 54,392
And1: 25,389
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#190 » by mpharris36 » Tue Mar 6, 2018 2:23 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
BeagleBoss wrote:That's another reason I dislike Hornecek's coaching. He doesn't reward players who are playing well and he doesn't punish players for playing poorly. So regardless of performance, there are no consequences, unless you're Ntilikina. To start Mudiay, who just got here and hasn't played well, over Burke is insulting. To even start him over Ntilikina, who's played better as of late, is also insulting. What exactly has Mudiay done to earn that spot? Most importantly, what has Mudiay done to keep that spot?


Image


I was bashing Hornecek there for picking on Ntilikina.

Image


I do agree with your premise though. My favorite is when he talks about how bad the defense is and never punishes players for bad defense....like what do you expect dummy?

But that is exactly the type of idiot you need running the franchise when losing games is the #1 priority.
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Kevin Looney/Papagiannis
PF - Michael Porter Jr/Ryan Anderson/Kevin Hervey
SF - Jaylen Brown/Tomas Satoransky/Lance Thomas
SG - E'twaun Moore/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
PG - Kyle Lowry/Shabazz Napier/Tony Carr
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 47,912
And1: 17,982
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#191 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Mar 6, 2018 11:30 pm

Barkley says we’re on the right track. He likes KP and Frank but LOVES Enes. :nod: :D

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/barkley-believes-knicks-are-on-right-path-next-draft-pick-will-be-key/267976294
Image
TruthBeTold
Pro Prospect
Posts: 867
And1: 181
Joined: Jul 06, 2015
     

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#192 » by TruthBeTold » Tue Mar 6, 2018 11:42 pm

BeagleBoss wrote:That's another reason I dislike Hornecek's coaching. He doesn't reward players who are playing well and he doesn't punish players for playing poorly. So regardless of performance, there are no consequences, unless you're Ntilikina. To start Mudiay, who just got here and hasn't played well, over Burke is insulting. To even start him over Ntilikina, who's played better as of late, is also insulting. What exactly has Mudiay done to earn that spot? Most importantly, what has Mudiay done to keep that spot?


:nod:
User avatar
malik959
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,296
And1: 1,087
Joined: Apr 10, 2001
Location: Alabama (from L.I)
       

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#193 » by malik959 » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:14 am

Man you guys kill me, you want to tank but on the other hand you want the best player on the floor :dontknow: . I really like Burke and can see him beating out Mudiay for starting guard Next year. Maybe even Frank with THJ and Mikal Bridges :lift: , man that would be awsome. Having Frank, Bridges, and KP as our defenders would make us one of the top defenses in the league. Frank can climb over that rookie wall and really show his defensive skills with some added muscle.
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 24,777
And1: 16,570
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#194 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:24 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:Barkley says we’re on the right track. He likes KP and Frank but LOVES Enes. :nod: :D

https://www.sny.tv/knicks/news/barkley-believes-knicks-are-on-right-path-next-draft-pick-will-be-key/267976294


There goes my respect for Barkley's opinion
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 24,777
And1: 16,570
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: WINGSPANDIA

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#195 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:25 am

malik959 wrote:Man you guys kill me, you want to tank but on the other hand you want the best player on the floor :dontknow: . I really like Burke and can see him beating out Mudiay for starting guard Next year. Maybe even Frank with THJ and Mikal Bridges :lift: , man that would be awsome. Having Frank, Bridges, and KP as our defenders would make us one of the top defenses in the league. Frank can climb over that rookie wall and really show his defensive skills with some added muscle.



I'd really like to see Frank with Mikal Bridges.


I could do without the THJr part though.
User avatar
3toheadmelo
RealGM
Posts: 26,722
And1: 18,692
Joined: Feb 15, 2015
 

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#196 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Mar 7, 2018 12:43 am

it's common sense.
Read on Twitter
Cavs
PG: Dennis Smith Jr/Kris Dunn/Quinn Cook
SG: Josh Jackson/Donte Divencenzo/Tyrone Wallace
SF: Jayson Tatum/Royce O'Neale
PF: Bam Adebayo/Skal Labissiere/Caleb Swanigan
C: Deandre Ayton/Patrick Patterson/Justin Patton
User avatar
Mecca
RealGM
Posts: 29,667
And1: 11,261
Joined: May 26, 2008
   

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#197 » by Mecca » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:07 am

LOL I really was a Burke-stan in Michigan. I wanted him so bad that draft. Good thing we didn't make my proposed trade. Found my old post in 2013 smh lol.

Image
BAF - Brooklyn Nets
1 | Ben Simmons | Trey Burke(6th)
2 | Victor Oladipo | Wayne Ellington | Wade Baldwin
3 | Caris LeVert | Garrett Temple | Jarell Martin
4 | Trey Lyles | Derrick Jones. Jr | Ivan Rabb
5 | Joel Embiid | Moe Wagner | Salah Mejri
PorzinGAWD
Junior
Posts: 487
And1: 255
Joined: Apr 10, 2017
   

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#198 » by PorzinGAWD » Wed Mar 7, 2018 2:25 am

Mecca wrote:LOL I really was a Burke-stan in Michigan. I wanted him so bad that draft. Good thing we didn't make my proposed trade. Found my old post in 2013 smh lol.

Image


Its crazy to look back and realize the trash the knicks put around Melo in his prime :banghead:
nedleeds
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,825
And1: 1,292
Joined: Dec 25, 2016
 

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#199 » by nedleeds » Thu Mar 8, 2018 4:29 am

Mudiay is just not good at basketball. I'm sure he wrecked his AAU and high school with his natural size, strength and leaping ability. But he is like an average D1 level basketball player at best in terms of his actual skill at basketball (shooting, passing, dribbling and overall awareness). Then he went to China and learned nothing, and got to the NBA where the coaches are busy game planning and less interested in individual instruction. The cherry on top is he has never gotten his conditioning to an elite level. He's awful.
Dantares
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,436
And1: 1,849
Joined: Oct 08, 2003

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#200 » by Dantares » Thu Mar 8, 2018 5:49 am

Mudiay and Frank need to work hard on improving their weaknesses this summer. I'm confident Frank will be alright, I think his floor is 3 and D player like Courtney Lee and Danny Green and his ceiling is unknown at this point. Mudiay however could be out of the league if he doesn't show some improvement next year.

I want to see Burke run with the starters, i know he had some run with the starters last game when frank got in foul trouble and he didn't look that great but 1 game is a small sample size. why not go with Burke, Timmy and Frank right now. I mean its probably what Horny is gong to do the last 2 weeks of the season anyways so why not just start playing those guys together in the starting lineup now and see what happens.
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

Image

Return to New York Knicks