ImageImageImageImageImage

The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, FrontOfficeEye, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Deeeez Knicks, Thugger HBC, Capn'O, K-DOT, j4remi, Thorn, Jeff Van Gully, King of Canada, mrpoetryNmotion, mpharris36

User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,810
And1: 3,678
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#221 » by Are We Ther Yet » Thu Mar 8, 2018 7:46 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
True or false - we got Felton back
True or false - we would of had to waive WC to sign Melo
True or false - the so called amazing wing players we sent out have missed over 400+ games combined during Melo’s tenure here
True or false - we had cap space one year as a playoff team
True or false - we signed a top FA that year
True or false - we used the amnesty instead of opting out on Billups
True or false - we used our one asset left on one of the biggest busts in recent NBA history

This has nothing to do with putting Melo over the team. It has everything to do with Knicks fans who continue to defend this garbage organization despite their many many MANY failures and refuse to accept their fault in this situation.

Same garbage excuses every time. “No one wanted to play with him”. Really? We had cap space when we were good???!!


More blah blah blah? The dude forced his way out of Denver. In doing that...he also caused a bidding war that hurt the team. Why? To get his max extension. Not to play with Amar'e or for this team. That cost this team a lot and helped compound the mistakes of the front office. Period. He gets blamed for HIS actions. The FO gets blamed for their actions.

I don't see that anywhere in your blah blah blah.


Exactly what I thought. I present facts and your response is to blame the PLAYER for the decisions of the FRANCHISE.

Did I miss when Melo was working in the FO to make the Knicks trade for him??

Knicks can never do any wrong.


What? Just what you thought? FOH with that nonsense. You're in denial dude. Walk away. You're lying.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,486
And1: 14,492
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#222 » by dakomish23 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 7:50 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
More blah blah blah? The dude forced his way out of Denver. In doing that...he also caused a bidding war that hurt the team. Why? To get his max extension. Not to play with Amar'e or for this team. That cost this team a lot and helped compound the mistakes of the front office. Period. He gets blamed for HIS actions. The FO gets blamed for their actions.

I don't see that anywhere in your blah blah blah.


Exactly what I thought. I present facts and your response is to blame the PLAYER for the decisions of the FRANCHISE.

Did I miss when Melo was working in the FO to make the Knicks trade for him??

Knicks can never do any wrong.


What? Just what you thought? FOH with that nonsense. You're in denial dude. Walk away. You're lying.


I’m in denial? By stating facts?

Sure thing.

Enjoy defending all things Knicks. Best run franchise in the NBA
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
Knicksfan1992
General Manager
Posts: 8,455
And1: 6,478
Joined: Jun 14, 2012
         

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#223 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 7:51 pm

Build A Franchise - OKC
G-Dame
G-Zach Lavine
F- Covington
F- Aaron Gordon
C- Tristan Thompson

-Ersan Ilyasova
-Justin Jackson
-Ron Baker
-Grayson Allen
-Tyler Dorsey
-Nemanja Bjelica
-Jeff Withey


Exempt
-Edmond Sumner
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,810
And1: 3,678
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#224 » by Are We Ther Yet » Thu Mar 8, 2018 8:01 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Exactly what I thought. I present facts and your response is to blame the PLAYER for the decisions of the FRANCHISE.

Did I miss when Melo was working in the FO to make the Knicks trade for him??

Knicks can never do any wrong.


What? Just what you thought? FOH with that nonsense. You're in denial dude. Walk away. You're lying.


I’m in denial? By stating facts?

Sure thing.

Enjoy defending all things Knicks. Best run franchise in the NBA


You're facts only tell HALF of the story!! :lol: Then you have the balls to imply that I am not using facts and being a homer? Like I said...you're lying. You're in denial about the selfishness of how and why Melo got here and what impact it had on the team being able to build around him. His refusals to play any other way but ISO Melo. His attempt to leave the first chance he got. Pressuring the FO EVERY TIME we dealt with him.

I acknowledged the FO making mistakes. I pointed them out several hundred times over the years. I agree that they dropped the ball.

I also acknowledge that Me7o had his share of the blame.

See that. That's called telling THE WHOLE STORY.

Try it. People have a hard time doing it around here. When I do...people still can't admit they are wrong and they harp on one half of three conversation. Over and over and over. Trying to call me out.

Hilarious.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,486
And1: 14,492
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#225 » by dakomish23 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 8:47 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
What? Just what you thought? FOH with that nonsense. You're in denial dude. Walk away. You're lying.


I’m in denial? By stating facts?

Sure thing.

Enjoy defending all things Knicks. Best run franchise in the NBA


You're facts only tell HALF of the story!! :lol: Then you have the balls to imply that I am not using facts and being a homer? Like I said...you're lying. You're in denial about the selfishness of how and why Melo got here and what impact it had on the team being able to build around him. His refusals to play any other way but ISO Melo. His attempt to leave the first chance he got. Pressuring the FO EVERY TIME we dealt with him.

I acknowledged the FO making mistakes. I pointed them out several hundred times over the years. I agree that they dropped the ball.

I also acknowledge that Me7o had his share of the blame.

See that. That's called telling THE WHOLE STORY.

Try it. People have a hard time doing it around here. When I do...people still can't admit they are wrong and they harp on one half of three conversation. Over and over and over. Trying to call me out.

Hilarious.


You’re caping is at a whole new level

I’m not in denial about how and why he got here.

He wanted his money.

The KNICKS chose to oblige that request and trade for him. True or false? No matter how much he wanted to come here, it was OUR choice. Answer the question AWTY.

The Knicks got back one of the players they traded for him. True or false?

The Knicks could not sign him and keep WC. True or false?

I love how we blame players for the decisions of this organization.

Melo pressured them? Who made the final roster decisions? Melo or the FO????

Melo made them opt in then amnesty Billups?

Melo made them trade the only 1st they had left for Bargs?

Answer the questions AWTY.

Who is in charge of the team composition? Melo or the FO?

Stop blaming players for things they are not in charge of.

Blame him for his play. That’s it.

The team composition is 100% on the FO.

Stop making excuses for our FO
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,810
And1: 3,678
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#226 » by Are We Ther Yet » Thu Mar 8, 2018 9:34 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
I’m in denial? By stating facts?

Sure thing.

Enjoy defending all things Knicks. Best run franchise in the NBA


You're facts only tell HALF of the story!! :lol: Then you have the balls to imply that I am not using facts and being a homer? Like I said...you're lying. You're in denial about the selfishness of how and why Melo got here and what impact it had on the team being able to build around him. His refusals to play any other way but ISO Melo. His attempt to leave the first chance he got. Pressuring the FO EVERY TIME we dealt with him.

I acknowledged the FO making mistakes. I pointed them out several hundred times over the years. I agree that they dropped the ball.

I also acknowledge that Me7o had his share of the blame.

See that. That's called telling THE WHOLE STORY.

Try it. People have a hard time doing it around here. When I do...people still can't admit they are wrong and they harp on one half of three conversation. Over and over and over. Trying to call me out.

Hilarious.


You’re caping is at a whole new level

I’m not in denial about how and why he got here.

He wanted his money.

The KNICKS chose to oblige that request and trade for him. True or false? No matter how much he wanted to come here, it was OUR choice. Answer the question AWTY.

The Knicks got back one of the players they traded for him. True or false?

The Knicks could not sign him and keep WC. True or false?

I love how we blame players for the decisions of this organization.

Melo pressured them? Who made the final roster decisions? Melo or the FO????

Melo made them opt in then amnesty Billups?

Melo made them trade the only 1st they had left for Bargs?

Answer the questions AWTY.

Who is in charge of the team composition? Melo or the FO?

Stop blaming players for things they are not in charge of.

Blame him for his play. That’s it.

The team composition is 100% on the FO.

Stop making excuses for our FO


Once again....I BLAMED THE FRONT OFFICE FOR THE MISTAKES THEY MADE HUNDREDS OF TIMES ON THIS AND OTHER FORUMS. YOU KNOW THIS AS FACT. THE ONLY FACT YOU CAN'T COME TO GRIPS WITH IS....MELO WAS SELFISH AND DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THIS TEAM. THE FOR CAVING TO HIS SELFISH DEMANDS ARE TIED AT THE HIP.

Did the knicks HAVE TO trade for Melo? No. BUT THEY DID!! MELO WANTED/GOT HIS!! THIS FACT IS CONVINIENTLY IGNORED BY YOU AND YOUR STAN CREW!! He came here for money and pressured the franchise to please him. They made mistakes along the way. BOTH SIDES SCREWED THE FANS OVER!! You Stans only want to harp on one side(the team) and excuse the other side(selfish ex Knick).

You're disdain for this team over your love for Melo is all that comes through.

I on the other hand am dealing in reality. Not what ifs....what IS!!
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
Sark
RealGM
Posts: 13,524
And1: 8,262
Joined: Sep 21, 2010
Location: Location: Location:
 

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#227 » by Sark » Thu Mar 8, 2018 9:43 pm

#KnicksREBUILD
User avatar
Knicksfan1992
General Manager
Posts: 8,455
And1: 6,478
Joined: Jun 14, 2012
         

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#228 » by Knicksfan1992 » Thu Mar 8, 2018 10:07 pm



How the eff is that cherry picking? points rebounds and assists are pretty basic stats... A very basic look at the amount of production Melo had that year and who's seasons compares over time. It would have been cherry picking if I had sorted out the percentages. If using points assists and rebounds is cherry picking then we can never categorize anyone ever again :lol:

Try harder Sark
Build A Franchise - OKC
G-Dame
G-Zach Lavine
F- Covington
F- Aaron Gordon
C- Tristan Thompson

-Ersan Ilyasova
-Justin Jackson
-Ron Baker
-Grayson Allen
-Tyler Dorsey
-Nemanja Bjelica
-Jeff Withey


Exempt
-Edmond Sumner
User avatar
Sark
RealGM
Posts: 13,524
And1: 8,262
Joined: Sep 21, 2010
Location: Location: Location:
 

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#229 » by Sark » Thu Mar 8, 2018 10:26 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:


How the eff is that cherry picking? points rebounds and assists are pretty basic stats... A very basic look at the amount of production Melo had that year and who's seasons compares over time. It would have been cherry picking if I had sorted out the percentages. If using points assists and rebounds is cherry picking then we can never categorize anyone ever again :lol:

Try harder Sark



Lebron isn't even on this list despite putting up multiple seasons with better stats. You picked random numbers that Melo hit to fit your argument. That's the definition of cherry picking.
#KnicksREBUILD
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 22,712
And1: 14,326
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#230 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 8, 2018 11:17 pm

Current team is so boring people reverting to arguing about a player no longer here
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,768
And1: 16,402
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#231 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 8, 2018 11:20 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Current team is so boring people reverting to arguing about a player no longer here


It's the only entertainment we have right now. Let them argue. :lol:
Image
User avatar
thebuzzardman
RealGM
Posts: 22,712
And1: 14,326
Joined: Jun 24, 2006
Location: MR. FRANKTASTIC

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#232 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 8, 2018 11:22 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Current team is so boring people reverting to arguing about a player no longer here


It's the only entertainment we have right now. Let them argue. :lol:


I'm about to unearth the "Should the Knicks have amnestied Billups" and some Tyson Chandler discussions any moment, regarding roster composition.
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,768
And1: 16,402
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#233 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu Mar 8, 2018 11:23 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Current team is so boring people reverting to arguing about a player no longer here


It's the only entertainment we have right now. Let them argue. :lol:


I'm about to unearth the "Should the Knicks have amnestied Billups" and some Tyson Chandler discussions any moment, regarding roster composition.


Spoiler:
Call Greenie out for something. That should be good for about 5 pages. :lol:
Image
User avatar
prophet_of_rage
Head Coach
Posts: 7,031
And1: 1,311
Joined: Jan 06, 2005

Re: RE: Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#234 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Mar 9, 2018 12:07 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
K-DOT wrote:And?

I'm saying signing Amare and trading for Melo both hamstrung us in terms of putting a competitive team around him. Do you disagree?
Whether or not Melo would've come here without Amare doesn't matter to my argument. So what's our options, sign Amare and trade for Melo like we did, or don't sign Amare or trade for Melo, so Melo won't come here but we keep our cap space free and retain our picks. I think it's obvious that the 2nd choice is better, given the outcome of the first one


Well, it's difficult to hamstring Melo with Amare if Melo doesn't come here without Amar'e. It's a chicken and egg thing. You needed Amar'e to get Melo to NY.

So signing Amar'e wasn't the biggest reason we couldn't do anything with Melo. Not amnestying him and not opting out on Billups when we had the chance were far bigger reasons. We would have had the money for a chance at Paul or other options.

And let's not pretend that in 2010 the Knicks regime was prepared to be irrelevant. That wasn't happening.

I think it is very important to note that it was clear that cap space was useless in new York so it wouldn't necessarily be important or better to have it. And as for picks. That doesn't guarantee competitiveness. See us now. You can't use hindsight against a speculative future. It isn't reasonable. There are too many variables in free agency and the draft.


The myth that no Amar'e no Me7o can be shut down. Me7o would have gone to Brooklyn. Said so in his own words.

He came for the money. If he wanted to play with Amar'e...and win in NY...he wouldn't have forced the team to meet the Nuggets demands to keep him out of Brooklyn...just so he could get a max extension before the CBA expired. THAT'S the domino that he brought to the mess.

It wasn't to play with Amar'e. It was to get out of Denver while securing that max extension before the CBA expired. End of story.
If Melo wanted to go to Brooklyn that deal would have been done in a week. Melo resisted goong to Brooklyn even though they were offering a better package. Remember the joke when they told Melo be was traded to Brooklyn and he looked horrified. Sure he would have reported to Brooklyn but he didn't want Brpoklyn. He wanted his money and a good team.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,810
And1: 3,678
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: RE: Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#235 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Mar 9, 2018 12:22 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Well, it's difficult to hamstring Melo with Amare if Melo doesn't come here without Amar'e. It's a chicken and egg thing. You needed Amar'e to get Melo to NY.

So signing Amar'e wasn't the biggest reason we couldn't do anything with Melo. Not amnestying him and not opting out on Billups when we had the chance were far bigger reasons. We would have had the money for a chance at Paul or other options.

And let's not pretend that in 2010 the Knicks regime was prepared to be irrelevant. That wasn't happening.

I think it is very important to note that it was clear that cap space was useless in new York so it wouldn't necessarily be important or better to have it. And as for picks. That doesn't guarantee competitiveness. See us now. You can't use hindsight against a speculative future. It isn't reasonable. There are too many variables in free agency and the draft.


The myth that no Amar'e no Me7o can be shut down. Me7o would have gone to Brooklyn. Said so in his own words.

He came for the money. If he wanted to play with Amar'e...and win in NY...he wouldn't have forced the team to meet the Nuggets demands to keep him out of Brooklyn...just so he could get a max extension before the CBA expired. THAT'S the domino that he brought to the mess.

It wasn't to play with Amar'e. It was to get out of Denver while securing that max extension before the CBA expired. End of story.
If Melo wanted to go to Brooklyn that deal would have been done in a week. Melo resisted goong to Brooklyn even though they were offering a better package. Remember the joke when they told Melo be was traded to Brooklyn and he looked horrified. Sure he would have reported to Brooklyn but he didn't want Brpoklyn. He wanted his money and a good team.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk


So you agree with me? Or you're moving the goalpost to try and seem like it was about Amar'e?

Like I said....he would have gone to Brooklyn and signed with them. When he said that publicly...we choked on the trade and gave up more. If he ONLY wanted NYK then he wouldn't have said he'd go to Brooklyn. He wanted his max money and NOTHING else.

If he wanted to play with Amar'e only...he wouldn't have put the squeeze on NYK to make the deal. If he cared about winning here...why did he explore FA and only stay for a max with a NTC?

The team made mistakes. They didn't have to trade for him. He made demands that NEVER took the team into consideration. He ONLY WANTED THE MAX. TWICE. After attempting to leave for nothing and realizing...no one he wanted to go to could afford him. Then he stayed and further handcuffed the team.

The entire Me7o saga was BOTH sides screwing the fans. Period. We got nothing from it except 1 winning season. They got their man to fill the seats and raise prices. He got hundreds of millions of dollars.

People thinking he is innocent or worth this loyalty OVER THE TEAM is RIDICULOUS. BOTH SIDES **** UP! WE FANS are the only losers in this discussion.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
prophet_of_rage
Head Coach
Posts: 7,031
And1: 1,311
Joined: Jan 06, 2005

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#236 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Mar 9, 2018 12:54 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
The myth that no Amar'e no Me7o can be shut down. Me7o would have gone to Brooklyn. Said so in his own words.

He came for the money. If he wanted to play with Amar'e...and win in NY...he wouldn't have forced the team to meet the Nuggets demands to keep him out of Brooklyn...just so he could get a max extension before the CBA expired. THAT'S the domino that he brought to the mess.

It wasn't to play with Amar'e. It was to get out of Denver while securing that max extension before the CBA expired. End of story.
If Melo wanted to go to Brooklyn that deal would have been done in a week. Melo resisted goong to Brooklyn even though they were offering a better package. Remember the joke when they told Melo be was traded to Brooklyn and he looked horrified. Sure he would have reported to Brooklyn but he didn't want Brpoklyn. He wanted his money and a good team.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk


So you agree with me? Or you're moving the goalpost to try and seem like it was about Amar'e?

Like I said....he would have gone to Brooklyn and signed with them. When he said that publicly...we choked on the trade and gave up more. If he ONLY wanted NYK then he wouldn't have said he'd go to Brooklyn. He wanted his max money and NOTHING else.

If he wanted to play with Amar'e only...he wouldn't have put the squeeze on NYK to make the deal. If he cared about winning here...why did he explore FA and only stay for a max with a NTC?

The team made mistakes. They didn't have to trade for him. He made demands that NEVER took the team into consideration. He ONLY WANTED THE MAX. TWICE. After attempting to leave for nothing and realizing...no one he wanted to go to could afford him. Then he stayed and further handcuffed the team.

The entire Me7o saga was BOTH sides screwing the fans. Period. We got nothing from it except 1 winning season. They got their man to fill the seats and raise prices. He got hundreds of millions of dollars.

People thinking he is innocent or worth this loyalty OVER THE TEAM is RIDICULOUS. BOTH SIDES **** UP! WE FANS are the only losers in this discussion.
https://youtu.be/TDw48rY_nW8

Did Melo want his money? Yes.
Did Melo want to test free agency in a lockout year? No.
Does Melo ever leave anything on the table? No.
Did Melo just accept a trade to Brooklyn? No.
Did Melo start talking about coming to NY after we acquired Amar'e? Yes.
Did Melo want to play with another elite player? Yes.
Did Melo say he would accept a trade to Brooklyn to get NY off the pot? Yes.
There would be no Melo drama if Melo didnt want a specific destination. He scared away everybody but NY.
And he made sure to leave nothing on the table.

None of this is new or unusual. Amare was signed for one purpose to make NY seem attractive. He did.

How they managed the team once they got two of their big three is the biggest reason they couldn't compete long term.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,810
And1: 3,678
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#237 » by Are We Ther Yet » Fri Mar 9, 2018 1:33 am

prophet_of_rage wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:If Melo wanted to go to Brooklyn that deal would have been done in a week. Melo resisted goong to Brooklyn even though they were offering a better package. Remember the joke when they told Melo be was traded to Brooklyn and he looked horrified. Sure he would have reported to Brooklyn but he didn't want Brpoklyn. He wanted his money and a good team.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk


So you agree with me? Or you're moving the goalpost to try and seem like it was about Amar'e?

Like I said....he would have gone to Brooklyn and signed with them. When he said that publicly...we choked on the trade and gave up more. If he ONLY wanted NYK then he wouldn't have said he'd go to Brooklyn. He wanted his max money and NOTHING else.

If he wanted to play with Amar'e only...he wouldn't have put the squeeze on NYK to make the deal. If he cared about winning here...why did he explore FA and only stay for a max with a NTC?

The team made mistakes. They didn't have to trade for him. He made demands that NEVER took the team into consideration. He ONLY WANTED THE MAX. TWICE. After attempting to leave for nothing and realizing...no one he wanted to go to could afford him. Then he stayed and further handcuffed the team.

The entire Me7o saga was BOTH sides screwing the fans. Period. We got nothing from it except 1 winning season. They got their man to fill the seats and raise prices. He got hundreds of millions of dollars.

People thinking he is innocent or worth this loyalty OVER THE TEAM is RIDICULOUS. BOTH SIDES **** UP! WE FANS are the only losers in this discussion.
https://youtu.be/TDw48rY_nW8

Did Melo want his money? Yes.
Did Melo want to test free agency in a lockout year? No.
Did Melo say he would accept a trade to Brooklyn to get NY off the pot? Yes.

This is all that matters in your post. Notice the last one? Nice and neat and innocent looking?

He said he would go to Brooklyn because he didn't want to test FA. HE WOULD HAVE GONE TO BROOKLYN. By saying that....when Denver wasn't accepting our offer....cost us more!!! If we don't make the trade He is in Brooklyn. So...no...he did not come here because of Amar'e. He may have preferred the Knicks to Brooklyn but, his bags were packed and he wasn't coming here as a FA to help Amar'e win. He wanted max money at any and all costs. So because the team was dumb enough to give it to him...twice and, add more to the trade...he's absolved of any blame?

I defended Melo for years. I defended the trade. One day I paused. Something someone said or posted. Can't remember. I looked at it from the other side. Ib think it was during a what if he came as a FA discussion.

He kept signed for the extra year when his friends were not. Then when they all joined up...shyt hit him. He needs out of Denver. His friends got their team built and sacrificed minimal money a year ahead of the CBA expiring. He can't do that. He needs to go to a desirable location where he can get his money. Brooklyn is in the running. He eventually narrowed it down and made it clear...if NY don't pony up....he's in Brooklyn.

He didn't consider the big picture in NY. UNINSURABLE Amar'e. SSOL. Nothing else. Oh well. Pay me or your cross town rival gets me.

Walsh and the following 3 FO regimes made constant mistakes. The entire idea from scratch was nuts. Mike D got the shaft. We gave away the farm to clear cap. Missed out. Then gave away the rest of the farm for 1 more player.

Melo kept getting his though. Now he's gone. Why can't both sides of this never-ending discussion accept it was all a mess that we suffered through together. Both sides screwed US!

SO MUCH PETTY DIVISION IN EVERYTHING THESE DAYS.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
prophet_of_rage
Head Coach
Posts: 7,031
And1: 1,311
Joined: Jan 06, 2005

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#238 » by prophet_of_rage » Fri Mar 9, 2018 1:48 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
So you agree with me? Or you're moving the goalpost to try and seem like it was about Amar'e?

Like I said....he would have gone to Brooklyn and signed with them. When he said that publicly...we choked on the trade and gave up more. If he ONLY wanted NYK then he wouldn't have said he'd go to Brooklyn. He wanted his max money and NOTHING else.

If he wanted to play with Amar'e only...he wouldn't have put the squeeze on NYK to make the deal. If he cared about winning here...why did he explore FA and only stay for a max with a NTC?

The team made mistakes. They didn't have to trade for him. He made demands that NEVER took the team into consideration. He ONLY WANTED THE MAX. TWICE. After attempting to leave for nothing and realizing...no one he wanted to go to could afford him. Then he stayed and further handcuffed the team.

The entire Me7o saga was BOTH sides screwing the fans. Period. We got nothing from it except 1 winning season. They got their man to fill the seats and raise prices. He got hundreds of millions of dollars.

People thinking he is innocent or worth this loyalty OVER THE TEAM is RIDICULOUS. BOTH SIDES **** UP! WE FANS are the only losers in this discussion.
https://youtu.be/TDw48rY_nW8

Did Melo want his money? Yes.
Did Melo want to test free agency in a lockout year? No.
Did Melo say he would accept a trade to Brooklyn to get NY off the pot? Yes.

This is all that matters in your post. Notice the last one? Nice and neat and innocent looking?

He said he would go to Brooklyn because he didn't want to test FA. HE WOULD HAVE GONE TO BROOKLYN. By saying that....when Denver wasn't accepting our offer....cost us more!!! If we don't make the trade He is in Brooklyn. So...no...he did not come here because of Amar'e. He may have preferred the Knicks to Brooklyn but, his bags were packed and he wasn't coming here as a FA to help Amar'e win. He wanted max money at any and all costs. So because the team was dumb enough to give it to him...twice and, add more to the trade...he's absolved of any blame?

I defended Melo for years. I defended the trade. One day I paused. Something someone said or posted. Can't remember. I looked at it from the other side. Ib think it was during a what if he came as a FA discussion.

He kept signed for the extra year when his friends were not. Then when they all joined up...shyt hit him. He needs out of Denver. His friends got their team built and sacrificed minimal money a year ahead of the CBA expiring. He can't do that. He needs to go to a desirable location where he can get his money. Brooklyn is in the running. He eventually narrowed it down and made it clear...if NY don't pony up....he's in Brooklyn.

He didn't consider the big picture in NY. UNINSURABLE Amar'e. SSOL. Nothing else. Oh well. Pay me or your cross town rival gets me.

Walsh and the following 3 FO regimes made constant mistakes. The entire idea from scratch was nuts. Mike D got the shaft. We gave away the farm to clear cap. Missed out. Then gave away the rest of the farm for 1 more player.

Melo kept getting his though. Now he's gone. Why can't both sides of this never-ending discussion accept it was all a mess that we suffered through together. Both sides screwed US!

SO MUCH PETTY DIVISION IN EVERYTHING THESE DAYS.
Don't get enotional. Nobody said he came here to help Amar'e win. He wanted to come to a situation where he could be part of a big 3. Why was NY in the discussion in the first place?

They had capspace for a max player and a max player in place. Yes, he forced NY's hand because he wanted NY and NY was dragging its feet. Walsh didnt do the deal because he believed Melo would come in free agency.

It was a negotiation ploy to get NY to blink. They did because they were desperate to look relevant. Same reason they offered uninsurable Amare a max contract when Lebron and Bosh said no.

You think Melo pushes like this for NY if he were going to be the only max player? Amare said it was his suggestion to Dolan to go after Melo. So it isnt Melo was so intrigued by NY. I laughed at that whole I'm coming home campaign from a guy with West Baltimore tattooed on his arm.

Don't mistake me for a fanboy. I know this is a business and everybody made business decisions. The Knicks have not screwed me over. Melo has not screwed me over.

I'm simply watching the details without emotional involvement.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,486
And1: 14,492
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#239 » by dakomish23 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 5:15 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I'd really like to see Frank with Mikal Bridges.


I could do without the THJr part though.


Who’s going to take him? DET?


Nobody. Knicks stuck with his non defense ass for 3 more full seasons.


Let’s hope he finishes the season well as we lose every game. Maybe someone who’s already strapped for space makes a play for him and Lee
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,486
And1: 14,492
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: The French Prince, Moody, and AI Jr.-Post Allstar Break Edition 

Post#240 » by dakomish23 » Fri Mar 9, 2018 5:27 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
You're facts only tell HALF of the story!! :lol: Then you have the balls to imply that I am not using facts and being a homer? Like I said...you're lying. You're in denial about the selfishness of how and why Melo got here and what impact it had on the team being able to build around him. His refusals to play any other way but ISO Melo. His attempt to leave the first chance he got. Pressuring the FO EVERY TIME we dealt with him.

I acknowledged the FO making mistakes. I pointed them out several hundred times over the years. I agree that they dropped the ball.

I also acknowledge that Me7o had his share of the blame.

See that. That's called telling THE WHOLE STORY.

Try it. People have a hard time doing it around here. When I do...people still can't admit they are wrong and they harp on one half of three conversation. Over and over and over. Trying to call me out.

Hilarious.


You’re caping is at a whole new level

I’m not in denial about how and why he got here.

He wanted his money.

The KNICKS chose to oblige that request and trade for him. True or false? No matter how much he wanted to come here, it was OUR choice. Answer the question AWTY.

The Knicks got back one of the players they traded for him. True or false?

The Knicks could not sign him and keep WC. True or false?

I love how we blame players for the decisions of this organization.

Melo pressured them? Who made the final roster decisions? Melo or the FO????

Melo made them opt in then amnesty Billups?

Melo made them trade the only 1st they had left for Bargs?

Answer the questions AWTY.

Who is in charge of the team composition? Melo or the FO?

Stop blaming players for things they are not in charge of.

Blame him for his play. That’s it.

The team composition is 100% on the FO.

Stop making excuses for our FO


Once again....I BLAMED THE FRONT OFFICE FOR THE MISTAKES THEY MADE HUNDREDS OF TIMES ON THIS AND OTHER FORUMS. YOU KNOW THIS AS FACT. THE ONLY FACT YOU CAN'T COME TO GRIPS WITH IS....MELO WAS SELFISH AND DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THIS TEAM. THE FOR CAVING TO HIS SELFISH DEMANDS ARE TIED AT THE HIP.

Did the knicks HAVE TO trade for Melo? No. BUT THEY DID!! MELO WANTED/GOT HIS!! THIS FACT IS CONVINIENTLY IGNORED BY YOU AND YOUR STAN CREW!! He came here for money and pressured the franchise to please him. They made mistakes along the way. BOTH SIDES SCREWED THE FANS OVER!! You Stans only want to harp on one side(the team) and excuse the other side(selfish ex Knick).

You're disdain for this team over your love for Melo is all that comes through.

I on the other hand am dealing in reality. Not what ifs....what IS!!


I use facts, so I’m a Stan? :rofl2:

Show me where what I said was wrong. The Billups amnesty and the Bargs trade seen probably two of the worst 5 transactions this decade by any team.

Nope. No Stan. I’m a realist. I see this franchise for what it is. That’s why I was begging for a high pick from day one this year so KP wouldn’t be stuck in the same hell and get unfairly blamed. Meanwhile YOU were defending them for not playing the kids.

You’re a HOMER way more than I’ll ever be a stan of any player on this team. That cape you wear for this team has covered your eyes for far too long. Take a good look at this GARBAGE organization for what it is and stop making excuses for what is widely considered one of the WORST run franchises in sports.
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af

Return to New York Knicks