ImageImageImageImageImage

Jeff Hornacek considering turning the PG position back over to Jarrett Jack

Moderators: moocow007, magnumt, Jeff Van Gully, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, King of Canada, j4remi, mpharris36, Thorn, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, GONYK, K-DOT, mrpoetryNmotion

br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 4,906

Re: Jeff Hornacek considering turning the PG position back over to Jarrett Jack [UPDATE P. 6] 

Post#181 » by br7knicks » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:28 pm

Meat wrote:
br7knicks wrote:
Meat wrote:Then knicks don’t need leaders, they need assets and young prospects. Lee might net one of those.

You need leaders who will make good impressions and instill a good work ethic. The coach isn't doing it either. Otherwise you get players developing bad habits, like KP, the Knicks supposed franchise player.

You need leaders, not just young assets. A young leader would be great. That ain't KP though. Knicks will continue to flounder if he's in charge

what bad habit does kp have?

who was the great leader that ushered the the gsw dynasty?

periodically lazy and out of place on defense. doesn't give forth his best effort. takes offensive possessions off by iso-ing himself and taking a bad, contested shot. all things that should be fixed with the effort thing.

they did it quite collectively. a young asset can come in and be that effort leader, a la draymond green if you're stuck on the GSW thing. but i'm sure guys like iggy came in and helped produce a strong work ethic and giving effort. plus, the team, as a whole, gets on each other for it. same with SAS. pretty sure, starting with the coach, they have guys that will get on each other for a lack of effort.

knicks need that, like what lee is doing - and he's been doing it since the start of the year.
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 4,906

Re: Jeff Hornacek considering turning the PG position back over to Jarrett Jack [UPDATE P. 6] 

Post#182 » by br7knicks » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:30 pm

NYKAL wrote:
Meat wrote:
br7knicks wrote:i get the knicks are tanking. but this is why i don't want lee to go. he's the leader the knicks have been needing

https://nypost.com/2018/03/12/courtney-lee-rants-over-knicks-effort-and-stats-back-him-up/

i stopped watching the knicks because of effort - this is usually why i stop watching. i can handle losing. i can't handle losing when there's no effort being given by THE ENTIRE TEAM

Then knicks don’t need leaders, they need assets and young prospects. Lee might net one of those.

every team needs leaders! Also, leaders do not have to be old heads, they just need to be respected.

correct. knicks will lose that guy if they get rid of lee, and they don't have anyone that looks like they care enough about basketball to make effort a big deal.

but hey, let's trade that for a young asset so we can watch our knicks stay in the lottery due to lack of effort, a **** environment, and no one else wanting to come to NY.

i'm sick of the effortless bull we've become used to. some of you can keep rooting for it, i want changes, and for the better.

Return to New York Knicks