ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!!

Moderators: moocow007, FrontOfficeEye, magnumt, mpharris36, GONYK, NoLayupRule, Thugger HBC, Deeeez Knicks, Capn'O, K-DOT, j4remi, Thorn, Jeff Van Gully, mrpoetryNmotion, King of Canada

Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 13,852
And1: 7,026
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#181 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:03 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:i'll admit what i had at the time of the question:

ray williams
purple drank
herb
buck
derrick williams

completely forgot about frank the tank, even though i was at game 4 of the nets sweep where frank's bum ass was carrying us.

and i kicked myself about jerome. i think that one slipped my mind ONLY because we only ever call him JYD.

sly i had long forgotten. didn't know the oldest one they mentioned.

monty makes me mad that i forgot. but he didn't do schidt as a player. and now that he has juice as a coach, i forget about his weak ass playing career. i remember being more excited about him than charlie ward that year. boy, was i wrong.


Yeah Monty only gets remembered because he's always an answer to a trivia question when he's in town. Frank the tank was the future of the league, shame on you. Shelden Williams the land lord is one I figured most would forget just because that sums up his career, forgettable.


forgot we had shelden at all. i just remember he was married to candace parker. how? only god knows.
que sera sera
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 13,852
And1: 7,026
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#182 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:05 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Now it gets difficult. By the way, you lose a point because you didn't know that I made up "Chalky Williams" :lol:


i'll admit what i had at the time of the question:

ray williams
purple drank
herb
buck
derrick williams

completely forgot about frank the tank, even though i was at game 4 of the nets sweep where frank's bum ass was carrying us.

and i kicked myself about jerome. i think that one slipped my mind ONLY because we only ever call him JYD.

sly i had long forgotten. didn't know the oldest one they mentioned.

monty makes me mad that i forgot. but he didn't do schidt as a player. and now that he has juice as a coach, i forget about his weak ass playing career. i remember being more excited about him than charlie ward that year. boy, was i wrong.


Sly! Wow. I completely forgot about him. I remember him at URI when I was at BC.


you really are an older man.

i just have such a hard time coming to terms with that. i keep waiting for you to reveal that you're really 35.
que sera sera
User avatar
Tron Carter
General Manager
Posts: 9,203
And1: 6,452
Joined: Jul 20, 2012
Location: NBA Purgatory
 

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#183 » by Tron Carter » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:57 am

the bulls board meltdown is giving me life
Frank Ntillmatic aka The French Prince of New York > Midget Smith Jr. #BongaBrigade
User avatar
Strick
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,519
And1: 817
Joined: Jun 25, 2015
     

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#184 » by Strick » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:20 am

For what it's worth when I checked the stats it had Kornet having -1 steals.... he'll need to improve his defense clearly :lol:

On a serious note, good to see Frank is being a little more aggressive. Looks like he had a solid defensive game vs Derozan
User avatar
HarthorneWingo
Knicks Forum Grandpa's Law
Posts: 45,640
And1: 16,302
Joined: May 16, 2005
   

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#185 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:34 am

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
i'll admit what i had at the time of the question:

ray williams
purple drank
herb
buck
derrick williams

completely forgot about frank the tank, even though i was at game 4 of the nets sweep where frank's bum ass was carrying us.

and i kicked myself about jerome. i think that one slipped my mind ONLY because we only ever call him JYD.

sly i had long forgotten. didn't know the oldest one they mentioned.

monty makes me mad that i forgot. but he didn't do schidt as a player. and now that he has juice as a coach, i forget about his weak ass playing career. i remember being more excited about him than charlie ward that year. boy, was i wrong.


Sly! Wow. I completely forgot about him. I remember him at URI when I was at BC.


you really are an older man.

i just have such a hard time coming to terms with that. i keep waiting for you to reveal that you're really 35.


I'm my 11-year-old niece's "cool uncle" to all her friends. It's true. I mean the part about me being cool. :lol: I still feel like I'm 35. Where the fck did the last 20 years go? You know, I look back to my life at that time and it's like I'm looking at a different person. But I still feel like I'm 35. It's all my fcking friends who got married and had kids who act like 60-year-olds. :lol: Fck them! Don't get married, man. Or is it too late?

Sly had a great all-around game. Could shoot, handle the ball, pass. But I forget why his career wasn't as good as it should've been. There was A LOT of cocaine going around back them so maybe he fell victim too.
Image
User avatar
Greenie
RealGM
Posts: 52,825
And1: 25,990
Joined: Feb 25, 2010
Location: Killigan's Island
     

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#186 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:41 am

Tron Carter wrote:the bulls board meltdown is giving me life

Let me tip over there real quick...
BAF - Pistons
C:Vucevic|Chandler|Okafor
F:Aminu|Anigbogu
F:Thompson|
G:Richardson|Lee
G:Brogdon|Joseph
Head Coach - Dwayne Casey
IR: Morris
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 42,081
And1: 25,652
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: User Signature Removed
 

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#187 » by Capn'O » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:34 am

Tron Carter wrote:the bulls board meltdown is giving me life


They actually could use Wendell Carter, imo.
PG: Kemba/Rose/Felton/Frazier
SG: G. Harris/SGA
SF: Gallo/KCP/Zipser/Dekker
PF: RHJ/Isaac/Poythress
C: Sabonis/Zubac
User avatar
Capn'O
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 42,081
And1: 25,652
Joined: Dec 16, 2005
Location: User Signature Removed
 

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#188 » by Capn'O » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:40 am

:lol: @ Chalky Williams

Didn't Monty have some medical condition that got his career off to a slow start? He ended up having some halfway decent seasons.

Edit: wikipedia confirms:

Williams was an NBA first-round pick despite a pre-existing heart condition.
PG: Kemba/Rose/Felton/Frazier
SG: G. Harris/SGA
SF: Gallo/KCP/Zipser/Dekker
PF: RHJ/Isaac/Poythress
C: Sabonis/Zubac
User avatar
knicksh20b
Head Coach
Posts: 6,346
And1: 2,358
Joined: Jul 29, 2007
   

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#189 » by knicksh20b » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:59 am

Tron Carter wrote:the bulls board meltdown is giving me life


Wait til we meltdown after the Dallas game. Best not to have expectations. Be satisfied with 9.

Edit: okay Bulls meltdown is funny either way.
TheDavinciCHODE
Rookie
Posts: 1,022
And1: 1,059
Joined: Aug 04, 2015
 

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#190 » by TheDavinciCHODE » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:29 am

Kristaps6_NYK wrote:Kornet and KOQ as our back up bigs season is also nice.

Mudiay | Burke
Ntilikina | Hardaway
Bridges | Lee | Williams
Beasley | Kornet | Hicks
Porzingis | KOQ

Knicks doing a good job with the scout.

That team can compete for the playoffs if Mudiay and Frank develop a bit of an offensive game which is plauceable


Not if KP misses half the season. I wouldn't want any kind of overexertion or rushing KP back to try to will this team to the 8 seed.

We're much better off trying to get into one of those top 5 slots next seasons when the lottery odds flatten out.

Also, I just don't think that team would be really good anyway.
User avatar
Are We Ther Yet
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,764
And1: 3,648
Joined: Nov 07, 2012
       

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#191 » by Are We Ther Yet » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:35 am

knicksh20b wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:the bulls board meltdown is giving me life


Wait til we meltdown after the Dallas game. Best not to have expectations. Be satisfied with 9.

Edit: okay Bulls meltdown is funny either way.


I was over there. Didn't seem much different than here. If we win Tuesday...this place will be fun.
a knick fan forum. not a "argue ad nauseam about narratives and biases you hold like blood feuds that span decades" forum, you sentient buttplug. - Marty McFly :lol:
User avatar
prophet_of_rage
Head Coach
Posts: 7,031
And1: 1,311
Joined: Jan 06, 2005

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#192 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:56 am

Strick wrote:For what it's worth when I checked the stats it had Kornet having -1 steals.... he'll need to improve his defense clearly :lol:

On a serious note, good to see Frank is being a little more aggressive. Looks like he had a solid defensive game vs Derozan


Lots of people guarded Derozan. Hardaway started off on him and Mudiay defended him some. There was a lot of switching.


Sent from my iPad using RealGM mobile app
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 13,852
And1: 7,026
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#193 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:11 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Sly! Wow. I completely forgot about him. I remember him at URI when I was at BC.


you really are an older man.

i just have such a hard time coming to terms with that. i keep waiting for you to reveal that you're really 35.


I'm my 11-year-old niece's "cool uncle" to all her friends. It's true. I mean the part about me being cool. :lol: I still feel like I'm 35. Where the fck did the last 20 years go? You know, I look back to my life at that time and it's like I'm looking at a different person. But I still feel like I'm 35. It's all my fcking friends who got married and had kids who act like 60-year-olds. :lol: Fck them! Don't get married, man. Or is it too late?

Sly had a great all-around game. Could shoot, handle the ball, pass. But I forget why his career wasn't as good as it should've been. There was A LOT of cocaine going around back them so maybe he fell victim too.


oh, it's too late for me. :lol: no kids yet, but that's around the corner too. wife and dog (AKA kid prep)
que sera sera
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 13,852
And1: 7,026
Joined: Jul 31, 2010
Location: Harlem
       

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#194 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:13 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:
Tron Carter wrote:the bulls board meltdown is giving me life


Wait til we meltdown after the Dallas game. Best not to have expectations. Be satisfied with 9.

Edit: okay Bulls meltdown is funny either way.


I was over there. Didn't seem much different than here. If we win Tuesday...this place will be fun.


any won basketball game:

"THIS FRANCHISE IS SO F$%@!NG STUPID!!! DON'T THEY KNOW ON THE COURT THAT LOSING IS WINNING?!?!!"
que sera sera
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
Posts: 10,274
And1: 1,499
Joined: Aug 15, 2005
Location: Virginia

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#195 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:26 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
VirginiaKnickFan wrote:
camillepd wrote:I am still thinking Knicks will wind up with a top 6 pick.


They won't finish that high.


more likely to end up with a top 3 pick from lottery luck than to finish with the 3rd to 6th worst record.



And I’ll win the PowerBall. :lol:
User avatar
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Posts: 52,622
And1: 23,591
Joined: Nov 03, 2010
     

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#196 » by mpharris36 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:30 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:
Wait til we meltdown after the Dallas game. Best not to have expectations. Be satisfied with 9.

Edit: okay Bulls meltdown is funny either way.


I was over there. Didn't seem much different than here. If we win Tuesday...this place will be fun.


any won basketball game:

"THIS FRANCHISE IS SO F$%@!NG STUPID!!! DON'T THEY KNOW ON THE COURT THAT LOSING IS WINNING?!?!!"


either way this board is going to be a sh*t storm. We need this loss + the frank/dsjr matchup...good god it will be unbearable either way :lol:
BAF Spurs:

C - Anthony Davis/Georgios Papagiannis
PF - Michael Porter Jr
SF - Jaylen Brown/Tomas Satoransky
SG - E'twaun Moore/Lonnie Walker/Wayne Seldon
PG - Kyle Lowry/Shabazz Napier

$53 cap remaining
User avatar
JXL
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,838
And1: 3,532
Joined: Sep 01, 2013
     

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#197 » by JXL » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:03 pm

Bulls now a 1/2 game "up" on us. Must lose game vs. Mavericks. Got to like those odds.
#TANKWORLDORDER

#LOSERFORLUKA
#PAINFORPORTER
#MELTDOWNFORMARVIN
#DROPFORDEANDRE
User avatar
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
Posts: 21,333
And1: 6,083
Joined: Jul 14, 2010
Location: New York City the best city in the world
     

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#198 » by MaseInYourFace » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:42 pm

Capn'O wrote::lol: @ Chalky Williams

Didn't Monty have some medical condition that got his career off to a slow start? He ended up having some halfway decent seasons.

Edit: wikipedia confirms:

Williams was an NBA first-round pick despite a pre-existing heart condition.


Ehh to me he was never that good. Typical 90s Knick forward draftee. Knicks had a knack for picking guys that either were extremely unathletic and/or were very one dimensional. This dude even as a rookie had Charles Smith's knees lmao. Why we talking about him again?
A new era or error?
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,329
And1: 14,361
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#199 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:03 pm

Shawne Williams, who actually wasn’t that bad for us.

Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af
dakomish23
RealGM
Posts: 26,329
And1: 14,361
Joined: Sep 22, 2013
Location: Empire State
     

Re: PG: Knicks vs Toronto- 3/11/18--TANK CONTINUES!!!! 

Post#200 » by dakomish23 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:04 pm

MaseInYourFace wrote:
Capn'O wrote::lol: @ Chalky Williams

Didn't Monty have some medical condition that got his career off to a slow start? He ended up having some halfway decent seasons.

Edit: wikipedia confirms:

Williams was an NBA first-round pick despite a pre-existing heart condition.


Ehh to me he was never that good. Typical 90s Knick forward draftee. Knicks had a knack for picking guys that either were extremely unathletic and/or were very one dimensional. This dude even as a rookie had Charles Smith's knees lmao. Why we talking about him again?


We had 3 first rounders in that legendary 96 draft and we didn’t even find a rotation guy :noway: :nonono: :banghead:
Dkillanyk4lyf wrote:Melo is the reason why we are in the mess we are in now. Acquiring him was the biggest mistake in knicks history.


blueNorange wrote:good thing knicks have kanter because willy looking pedestrian af

Return to New York Knicks