ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA Week 20 - the Cap makes a hot take

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,933

Re: Around the NBA Week 20 - the Cap makes a hot take 

Post#101 » by GettinitDone » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:04 am

I noticed hanging on the rim after dunk is fine thesedays, no more bs T. Good call by Silver.
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#102 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:20 am

This board bash Lonzo, but praise Frank... How?
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#103 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:45 am

People gotta stop overrating Deaymond and call him what he is. He is a great all around player, I'd love to have him, but dude isn't no superstar or franchise level player. Not a max level player. He's the power forward Igoudala
NYKnicksTAPE
RealGM
And1: 13,426

Post#104 » by NYKnicksTAPE » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:53 am

Greenie wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:NBA finals bound

Don’t lie to these nice people, sir.

He’s disrespectful to our boys.

Rockets in 7
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#105 » by EchelonNYK » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:57 am

Read on Twitter

Hield got the last laugh.
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,933

Post#106 » by GettinitDone » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:06 am

Nick Young lost the game for Warriors, botched 3-4 consecutive plays on BOTH ends, but oh well I ain't complaining lol :D

With KD, Klay and Curry remaining out for the next 1-2 weeks, oddsmakers who don't follow up to date injuries report and haven't updated the odds, will keep favoring Warriors, great time to win [NOT financial advice/ do your own research]
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#107 » by ChaosHamster » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:19 am

Since the all star break, Carmelo is averaging 13.6 points on 44.5 TS%

welp

I really thought Melo would look really good as a 3rd option..

Is he really that bothered buy getting less touches.. so he can't get into good rhythm just shooting spot-ups? I think I've read him saying something along those lines..
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,831

Post#108 » by spree2kawhi » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:43 am

Warriors tanking hard!
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,358

Post#109 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:51 am

Kinglee wrote:This board bash Lonzo, but praise Frank... How?

Enough people seem to think Lonzo is ok. Good try on trying to spin up another "Frank sucks" session though.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,358

Post#110 » by thebuzzardman » Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:55 am

Kinglee wrote:People gotta stop overrating Deaymond and call him what he is. He is a great all around player, I'd love to have him, but dude isn't no superstar or franchise level player. Not a max level player. He's the power forward Igoudala

Draymond phenom is weird. It's almost like the guy is who would be underrated for how valuable he is gets overrated for how valuable he is.

Basically, he IS extremely valuable but since he's on a winning team that is popular, the hype machine gets out of control. I remember a similar thing about Battier, who was indeed underrated for a number of years, but when he finally wound up on Miami, it got overdone in the other direction, because, Miami.
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#111 » by Dr. Detfink » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:34 pm

Draymond Green is the difference between Warriors winning and Cleveland Project with T. Lue being put to bed.

Green plays defense, does all the little things, but most of all he knows how to be the kind of passer that serves as the connecting tissue to the Warriors.
Toranaga
Rookie
And1: 845

Post#112 » by Toranaga » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:15 pm

Fultz looks like he got his shot back. The hitch is gone. I've been following his progress pretty closely, and I can't help but notice how he puts his head down every time he makes a mistake, misses a shot, or loses the ball. Dunno how I would handle this situation, in regards to bringing him back, but the Sixers should seriously consider a sports psychologist for him in the offseason. It's an assumption, but with this whole situation it definitely seems like something isn't right upstairs. Can't wait to watch him hoop and was a big fan of his coming out.

Read on Twitter
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#113 » by Thugger HBC » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:30 pm

There really is no need to rush Fultz back, primarily because it would hurt Ben Simmons. Simmons is best with the ball and until he gets a jumpshot he'd be rather worthless on offense, unless he's cutting to the basket.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#114 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:18 pm

NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
Greenie wrote:
NY2TheBay wrote:
Don’t lie to these nice people, sir.

He’s disrespectful to our boys.

Rockets in 7

Warriors in 6
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#115 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:31 pm

ChaosHamster wrote:
Since the all star break, Carmelo is averaging 13.6 points on 44.5 TS%

welp

I really thought Melo would look really good as a 3rd option..

Is he really that bothered buy getting less touches.. so he can't get into good rhythm just shooting spot-ups? I think I've read him saying something along those lines..

Melo is in one of his cold streaks. Is it harder for him to get into rhythm? Yep. Of course. He’s off ball way more than he ever was here. He doesn’t seem to have a problem with it though. He’s not pouting and things like that. He’s been a good soldier like always. He knows he’s 33. :lol:

As said earlier, they need to simply limit his minutes and make sure he’s fresh down the stretch. He will find his rhythm.
Kinglee
Analyst

Post#116 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Draymond Green is the difference between Warriors winning and Cleveland Project with T. Lue being put to bed.

Green plays defense, does all the little things, but most of all he knows how to be the kind of passer that serves as the connecting tissue to the Warriors.

He couldn't connect yesterday with no Curry, Durant or Klay. Easy thing to do when you have the 3 greatest shooters of all time
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#117 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:27 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:

Enough people seem to think Lonzo is ok. Good try on trying to spin up another "Frank sucks" session though.

I agree it’s a bad bait attempt, but Lonzo is legitimately good.

Thugger HBC wrote:There really is no need to rush Fultz back, primarily because it would hurt Ben Simmons. Simmons is best with the ball and until he gets a jumpshot he'd be rather worthless on offense, unless he's cutting to the basket.

If he’s healthy though, no reason not to play him and have him come off bench. Still, Fultz story is the most bizarre one I’ve ever seen.
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#118 » by Detective » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:35 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Thugger HBC wrote:There really is no need to rush Fultz back, primarily because it would hurt Ben Simmons. Simmons is best with the ball and until he gets a jumpshot he'd be rather worthless on offense, unless he's cutting to the basket.

If he’s healthy though, no reason not to play him and have him come off bench. Still, Fultz story is the most bizarre one I’ve ever seen.

Yo fam, long time no chat. You gonna be joining us in the Postseason PG threads this year? Looks like the homie UDR and others will be returning for us this year. It will be lit

P.S: Casey/Masai/Bobby Webster confirmed this already, but we are gonna buck the unwritten rule trend, and go with our full current 11 man rotation in the playoffs. Bench Mob is already beating up starters on other teams, so why not right? All of starter/bench 11 man rotations are within the Top 25 all NBA(including the leader FVV) in Net Efficiency, the next closest team is Houston with 7 players. Then GSW with 6.
NBA Fan 1234
RealGM
And1: 28,365

Post#119 » by NBA Fan 1234 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Detective wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Yo fam, long time no chat. You gonna be joining us in the Postseason PG threads this year? Looks like the homie UDR and others will be returning for us this year. It will be lit

Who’s UDR? :lol: But yah, I’m in. Raps are my team from the east again this year.
Detective
Head Coach
And1: 24,545

Post#120 » by Detective » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Knickstape1214 wrote:
Detective wrote:
Knickstape1214 wrote:

Who’s UDR? :lol: But yah, I’m in. Raps are my team from the east again this year.

UnderDogRaptors

And1 will reign down from the sky once more.

He is posting on twitter once more, and began by repping our 2017 Game threads.

Making up for lost time

:o

Return to New York Knicks