ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA Week 20 - the Cap makes a hot take

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Re: Around the NBA Week 20 - the Cap makes a hot take 

Post#81 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:25 pm

I'm not opposed to the Raptors coming out of the East. It's just that, the Cleveland Cavs have this script that they're "weak" and "real problems" but we ALL know, come playoff time...the Raptors will be getting whistled every time Lebron is within 3 feet of the defender.

The Raptors have an aura that is reminiscent of the Sacramento Kings with Mike Bibby, Peja, and Webber. Clearly the better team on paper and were giving the Lakers everything they could handle...until the whistle came into play.

Now, what's interesting...the Bucks are sinking, 3-7 last 10 and if they match up with Toronto in the First Round...they could be a difficult match up.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#82 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Jazz are the 3rd best team in the West.
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,393

Post#83 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:30 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:Jazz are the 3rd best team in the West.

what are your thoughts on corey brewer for OKC? they're 4-0 with him in the starting line up :o
7-3 in their last 10 games too
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager

Post#84 » by xNewYorkMadex » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:51 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

what are your thoughts on corey brewer for OKC? they're 4-0 with him in the starting line up :o

Havent been able to watch much of OKC lately. Been watching teams I just bet on to see how they perform, and since I dont feel comfortable betting on OKC I havent watched.

But Im honestly not too impressed with their streak. Its against the worst teams in the league and the struggling Spurs. Im just not sure how they will perform against teams like Utah, Portland, Minnesota, Spurs w Kawhi in the playoffs.

I just never know what to expect from that team. Ive always been highly critical of Westbrook, he doesnt know how to play under control and you're bound to get a game or two when he shoots terribly from the field in a playoff series. Paul George out of nowhere has been struggling during this month. Melo hasnt been efficient at all either. They just arent ever consistently in sync.

They have an interesting schedule to end the season starting today. They definitely need to string together some wins against these good teams in order to make the playoffs. Only 2.5 games from being out of the top 8.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#85 » by dakomish23 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:55 pm

The only benefit of having Dudley on our team is that he will help Chriss with his transition from basketball player into sumo wrestler.

He also helps with the players diets as he eats all of the dessert they serve on the team plane so the other players don’t have to.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#86 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 pm

xNewYorkMadex wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

Havent been able to watch much of OKC lately. Been watching teams I just bet on to see how they perform, and since I dont feel comfortable betting on OKC I havent watched.

But Im honestly not too impressed with their streak. Its against the worst teams in the league and the struggling Spurs. Im just not sure how they will perform against teams like Utah, Portland, Minnesota, Spurs w Kawhi in the playoffs.

I just never know what to expect from that team. Ive always been highly critical of Westbrook, he doesnt know how to play under control and you're bound to get a game or two when he shoots terribly from the field in a playoff series. Paul George out of nowhere has been struggling during this month. Melo hasnt been efficient at all either. They just arent ever consistently in sync.

They have an interesting schedule to end the season starting today. They definitely need to string together some wins against these good teams in order to make the playoffs. Only 2.5 games from being out of the top 8.

yeah they beating bad teams but they used to lose to those teams all year long too. brewer kinda added a new energy to the starting line up. they look a lil rejuvenated. perhaps they can make a run in the playoffs still, but we'll never know cause of how inconsistent they been together as a team like you said. lets see if they can continue this good stretch of ball
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Dr. Detfink
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#87 » by Dr. Detfink » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Seeds 4-8 are separated by 1.5 +win/-loss. Cool your tits on OKC. Geezus.
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#88 » by 3toheadmelo » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:16 pm

Dr. Detfink wrote:Seeds 4-8 are separated by 1.5 +win/-loss. Cool your tits on OKC. Geezus.

all I said was they look better with brewer. calm your tits. go watch some games instead of writing those big ass paragraphs full of bs that no one reads. thanks
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#89 » by dakomish23 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:23 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Dr. Detfink wrote:Seeds 4-8 are separated by 1.5 +win/-loss. Cool your tits on OKC. Geezus.

all I said was they look better with brewer. calm your tits. go watch some games instead of writing those big ass paragraphs full of bs that no one reads. thanks

With many, the Melo hate is not just limited to his Knicks tenure.

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Thugger HBC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,760
Location: Defense+efficient offense=titles...what do you have?

Post#90 » by Thugger HBC » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:24 pm

The league is mostly watered down and nearly a third of the league is unwatchable.
R. I. P. Mamba 8/23/78 - 1/26/20

Gone, but will never be forgotten
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,976

Post#91 » by whocares1 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:32 pm

Thugger HBC wrote:The league is mostly watered down and nearly a third of the league is unwatchable.

It's always been like that.
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager

Post#92 » by xNewYorkMadex » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:28 am

Embiid is a big mfker. I cant stress that enough.
GettinitDone
Head Coach
And1: 2,926

Post#93 » by GettinitDone » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:42 am

This post is NOT financial advice, but imo this is bettors' dream: KD, Curry, Thompson out, and Green potentially out??

Playing on home, oddsmakers haven't adjusted odds, thinking Warriors will win, lol with who? Young, McGee, McCaw, Bell? Trololol

In my local online bet, pick Kings for 3.7 return.

I remember last time they played in December with Curry and KD out, ironically it was Kings too, Kings at 6+ or sth, I put $175 and won $1125 :D

Quicker Xs than damn Crypto lol (I love you Crypto tho lol)
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#94 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:14 am

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

whats your thoughts on corey brewer? he ballin
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#95 » by dakomish23 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:16 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:all I said was they look better with brewer. calm your tits. go watch some games instead of writing those big ass paragraphs full of bs that no one reads. thanks

Reuniting with his college coach has him looking 10 years younger.

I watched a lot of their games this year and the amount of times Roberson blew up plays was so crucial to their success. Can’t have two defensive sieves on the floor at the same time without 3 amazing defenders to cover up for them. Hopefully Brewer holds it down.

Also, if Melo is cold like tonight, they need to play Patterson more. Honestly, I’d keep Melo at 28 max even on a good day.

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
3toheadmelo
RealGM

Post#96 » by 3toheadmelo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:21 am

dakomish23 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Reuniting with his college coach has him looking 10 years younger.

I watched a lot of their games this year and the amount of times Roberson blew up plays was so crucial to their success. Can’t have two defensive sieves on the floor at the same time without 3 amazing defenders to cover up for them. Hopefully Brewer holds it down

he actually might be able to hold it down for them. he looks really good. i was so shocked that presti didn't make any trades by the deadline, but he made a move that is better than what any trade would've got them. presti da gawd strikes again

brewer tonight - 22 points 3 assists 6 steals :o :o

edit: just saw your edit. i agree melo should get more limited minutes, patterson has looked better as of recent
Kinglee
Analyst
And1: 1,177

Post#97 » by Kinglee » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:30 am

Lonzo is the definition of a point guard. Dude is amazing. Never understood the Julius Randle hate either. Has the potential to be Draymond with a much better scoring arsenal
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#98 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:36 am

Dat culture though!!!
Greenie
RealGM

Post#99 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:38 am

whocares1 wrote:
Thugger HBC wrote:The league is mostly watered down and nearly a third of the league is unwatchable.

It's always been like that.

Has it?
I feel like it was way more spread out before.
Greenie
RealGM

Post#100 » by Greenie » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:43 am

NY2TheBay wrote:
NYKnicksTAPE wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

One of my all time favorite players to watch. Dude is just unreal. Can’t wait to see what him and Harden do in the playoffs

NBA finals bound

Don’t lie to these nice people, sir.

He’s disrespectful to our boys.

Return to New York Knicks