ImageImageImageImageImage

Tanking at the right time.. here's how we can get into top 6. (Tank prediction)

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

iLovethosedamnknicks
Rookie
And1: 221

Re: Tanking at the right time.. here's how we can get into top 6. (Tank prediction) 

Post#221 » by iLovethosedamnknicks » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:59 am

NoLayupRule wrote:
iLovethosedamnknicks wrote:Unfortunately we’re definitely going to beat the bulls tonight. Dumb ass franchise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s physically hard to lose to that team

Well when you realize your team sucks and is going no where you bench every decent player. Not the knicks though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Re: Tanking at the right time.. here's how we can get into top 6. (Tank prediction) 

Post#222 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:01 am

reub wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Yep. Keep all picks and acquire more whenever possible. Stop overpaying for the past too.

Players have to fit together as well. That was the ultimate demise with Walsh/Me7o/Mike D. No PG in a PG driven system? No problem. We can trade away the farm for a SF who doesn't fit the system and refuses to play in it. BRILLIANT!

honestly thats part of why I dont buy the Melo hate

is it Melos fault he was brought into a system that doesn't fit his game and without a PG?
remember when D'Antoni wanted melo to be point forward for a season? Playmaking melo. come on man

the roster and the coach were never in synch and Melo was the only talent worth anything

things turned a little with Brown for a min there but that wasn't ever gonna work. He's an assistant coach.

yeah, its not melos fault we traded too much for him. Its Walsh's
Its not Melos fault Dantoni couldn't adjust to the roster he had
etc

Melo is in OKC now and is one of the worst starters in the league statistically. Is that Dantoni's fault too?

no, but its a little unreasonable to compare Melo now with Melo 5 years ago when he was leading the league in scoring
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#223 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:05 am

reub wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Yep. Keep all picks and acquire more whenever possible. Stop overpaying for the past too.

Players have to fit together as well. That was the ultimate demise with Walsh/Me7o/Mike D. No PG in a PG driven system? No problem. We can trade away the farm for a SF who doesn't fit the system and refuses to play in it. BRILLIANT!

honestly thats part of why I dont buy the Melo hate

is it Melos fault he was brought into a system that doesn't fit his game and without a PG?
remember when D'Antoni wanted melo to be point forward for a season? Playmaking melo. come on man

the roster and the coach were never in synch and Melo was the only talent worth anything

things turned a little with Brown for a min there but that wasn't ever gonna work. He's an assistant coach.

etc

Melo is in OKC now and is one of the worst starters in the league statistically. Is that Dantoni's fault too?

OKC is the 4th best team in the west right now and is on a 6 game winning streak with melo racking up 30+ mpg.
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,381

Post#224 » by robillionaire » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:42 am

You can delete this now
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,127

Post#225 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:52 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
reub wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:honestly thats part of why I dont buy the Melo hate

etc

OKC is the 4th best team in the west right now and is on a 6 game winning streak with melo racking up 30+ mpg.

Lakers won a ton of championships with Derek Fisher logging 30+ minutes.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,378

Post#226 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:58 am

knicksh20b wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
reub wrote:

yeah fisher was a good player for them for those years. thanks for making my argument even stronger.

if melo was as bad as you guys say he is, OKC wouldn't be in the playoffs. yall were the same guys sh*tting on him when OKC was struggling in the beginning of the season. talkin bout how he makes everyone around him worse and BS like that. now that they winning yall will use the excuse that he's being carried by other players.

same sh*t just a different day
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Dantares
Head Coach
And1: 2,754

Post#227 » by Dantares » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:01 am

We not getting top 6 now
"No protectors here. No Lanterns. No Kryptonian. This world will fall like all the others."

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,127

Post#228 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:40 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:OKC is the 4th best team in the west right now and is on a 6 game winning streak with melo racking up 30+ mpg.

yeah fisher was a good player for them for those years. thanks for making my argument even stronger.

if melo was as bad as you guys say he is, OKC wouldn't be in the playoffs. yall were the same guys sh*tting on him when OKC was struggling in the beginning of the season. talkin bout how he makes everyone around him worse and BS like that. now that they winning yall will use the excuse that he's being carried by other players.

Hey, if you're okay with my Melo and Derek Fisher analogy, then we have nothing to disagree about.
ChaosHamster
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,864

Post#229 » by ChaosHamster » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:56 am

Even in the tanking race we get a tease and then disappointment..
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#230 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:58 am

Knicks end in 9th probably draft at 10 after the lottery.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#231 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:23 pm

Well we can always pray to the god of ping pong balls
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#232 » by King of Canada » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:35 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:Well we can always pray to the god of ping pong balls

I ran the mock on Tankathon three times yesterday, and ended up 1 and 2!
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#233 » by Billy Goat » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:50 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:OKC is the 4th best team in the west right now and is on a 6 game winning streak with melo racking up 30+ mpg.

Putting a bad player on a team with Russell Westbrook doesnt make the bad player suddenly good.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#234 » by dakomish23 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:51 pm

knicksh20b wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:

Hey, if you're okay with my Melo and Derek Fisher analogy, then we have nothing to disagree about.

Melo now versus DFish in his prime? Maybe same effectiveness because DFish would get after it on defense.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,340

Post#235 » by Phish Tank » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:52 pm

We are in a tank dilemma.

The problem with having players fighting for contracts (even if they're on 2nd year non-guaranteed deals) is that they're going to try to win games and may counteract the tank at times. That includes Trey Burke, Kornet, Hicks, Troy Williams, Kanter, Kyle, Beasley).

The players on long-term deals are split into a few categories. Lee and Lance are vets but neither can help win games alone. In fact, if you want to lose games, you might be better off playing both of them. Timmy's in his own category as a player who can defy the tank on his own, but yet you don't want to sit him because you want to see more from him. The player on rookie deals - Frank, Dotson, Mudiay - should actually get more minutes but then you may actually win games with both of them playing. Except for Mudiay though.... I'd probably play him more minutes than anything so we can figure out to keep him or ship him in the summer.

Probably the best lineup is to play Mudiay, Dotson, Troy Williams, Isaiah Hicks, and Kornet 40 minutes a game to lose out
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#236 » by dakomish23 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Billy Goat wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
knicksh20b wrote:

Putting a bad player on a team with Russell Westbrook doesnt make the bad player suddenly good.

Agreed.

That’s why they couldn’t wait to dump him on us for Melo
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Billy Goat
Analyst
And1: 1,616

Post#237 » by Billy Goat » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:01 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
Billy Goat wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:yeah fisher was a good player for them for those years. thanks for making my argument even stronger.

Agreed.

That’s why they couldn’t wait to dump him on us for Melo

Cute. But wrong.
Handledatruth
Head Coach
And1: 1,730

Post#238 » by Handledatruth » Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:11 pm

How did Melo become a part of this thread? The fact this thread exists shows that the loss of Melo has had no positive or negative on this season's outcome. Looks like the same bad brand of basketball to me.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#239 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:29 pm

King of Canada wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Well we can always pray to the god of ping pong balls

I ran the mock on Tankathon three times yesterday, and ended up 1 and 2!

hope is a wonderful thing
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#240 » by Sark » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:32 pm

VirginiaKnickFan wrote:Knicks end in 9th probably draft at 10 after the lottery.

With the 11th pick, the New York Knicks select.....Hamidou Diallo from the University of Kentucky.

Return to New York Knicks