ImageImageImageImageImage

Coach Clifford rips Hernangomez's game, Hernangomez rips Knicks' player development!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,050

Re: Coach Clifford rips Hernangomez's game, Hernangomez rips Knicks' player development! 

Post#101 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:54 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
If Frank is bitching, yea he should shut the **** up.

He's playing more there then he is here, yet Clifford is openly questioning his work ethic. That should tell you something.

Is he really playing more there? I don't think so. They commented on it last night. Thought they said he plays less.

Did he look any different on the court? No. Funny he hasn't complained yet there. His coach just called him out for being useless.

He's not useless, he told him he can post and pass, but he needs to develop a long range jumpshot to be more effective. Maybe Willy appreciates his new coach because he was honest with him. By this time next year Willy will have it figured out. I'll take endorsements from KP and the Gasols over anything anybody here says. They know him more than "Knicksfan4lyfe" would ever know.

He called him out for not working hard enough. Said his game is basically useless in today's NBA. He needs to work on defense and shooting. Just like we all thought after last year.

So...yeah..."Knicksfan4lyfe" knows what's up just like his new HC does. I guess Billy will commit to improving his game this summer? He sure hasn't done it yet.

I wasn't a fan of the trade. Now I'm no longer a fan of the player. His actions to date lead me to believe he's a spoiled/entitled brat. His words scream it. Good riddance? Not sure but, he's definitely been a slob so far. He's gone. Hopefully it doesn't impact how KP views this team.
:beer: RIP mags
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Re: Coach Clifford rips Hernangomez's game, Hernangomez rips Knicks' player development! 

Post#102 » by blueNorange » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:23 pm

Greenie wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
Greenie wrote:

You keep trying to deflect this back to Willy. He’s not the first player to leave here and throw shots.

Why are the Knicks such an easy target?
You know why. This board knows why.

...and yet it’s Willy that’s a lazy bum.
Willful denial.

Or maybe it's sour grapes from someone who couldn't make the rotation. All teams have them, it's not just the Knicks. If fat ass would work on his game as hard as he works on running his jaws about an organization that he's no longer part of, maybe he'd be able to crack Charlotte's rotation.

He’s played more there than here.

Knicks just need to hold the L.
They are doing it anyway. No help from Willy needed.

Guess we should tell Frank to STFU?

but what L are they taking?

this is willy's 2017-18 season

1. he played a lot in the euro tournament then stopped playing the last 4 games because he's garbage defensively
2. showed to camp out of shape and expecting big minutes
3. got out played by kanter, who's flat out better than willy at anything and o'quinn, who came into great shape
4. is still collecting splinters in charlotte

so there's no L, willy is just a diva who thinks his chit don't stink.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,682

Post#103 » by Jeff Van Gully » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Is he really playing more there? I don't think so. They commented on it last night. Thought they said he plays less.

Did he look any different on the court? No. Funny he hasn't complained yet there. His coach just called him out for being useless.

He's not useless, he told him he can post and pass, but he needs to develop a long range jumpshot to be more effective. Maybe Willy appreciates his new coach because he was honest with him. By this time next year Willy will have it figured out. I'll take endorsements from KP and the Gasols over anything anybody here says. They know him more than "Knicksfan4lyfe" would ever know.

He called him out for not working hard enough. Said his game is basically useless in today's NBA. He needs to work on defense and shooting. Just like we all thought after last year.

So...yeah..."Knicksfan4lyfe" knows what's up just like his new HC does. I guess Billy will commit to improving his game this summer? He sure hasn't done it yet.

I wasn't a fan of the trade. Now I'm no longer a fan of the player. His actions to date lead me to believe he's a spoiled/entitled brat. His words scream it. Good riddance? Not sure but, he's definitely been a slob so far. He's gone. Hopefully it doesn't impact how KP views this team.

KP didn't seem to make a stink
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#104 » by blueNorange » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:29 pm

people need to start accepting that willy cares more about kristaps than kristaps cares about willy.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Greenie
RealGM
And1: 30,697

Post#105 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:38 pm

adjacent2bench wrote:Remember summer time when KP was posting vids of him working on his game and Willy was posting pics of him on Yachts, weddings, and beaches in Spain? He's not a hard worker. Didn't do anything to get better. Rested on his laurels. Won't be surprised if he goes back to Europe.

So posting pics in the gym means hard work?

You know Iman loves the gym...
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#106 » by Jalen Bluntson » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:40 pm

blueNorange wrote:people need to start accepting that willy cares more about kristaps than kristaps cares about willy.

You know this how? We don't really know what KP is thinking right now or in the future. We do know that Jeff gave Billy the stink eye and, Perry sent him to a worse situation. That could bother KP a little. If he's truly his best friend...he would logically not be pleased with how the situation was handled. Look how he behaved when Melo was getting played by Phil. The exit meeting stunt left a bad taste for some.

How that impacts KP in the future remains to be seen. Acting like you know either way is silly. That's what needs to be accepted.
Greenie
RealGM

Re: RE: Re: Coach Clifford rips Hernangomez's game, Hernangomez rips Knicks' player development! 

Post#107 » by Greenie » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:41 pm

HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:
HEZI wrote:
No he hasn't

Before last night, he's played 44 mins total for them.

Yeah, out of the 16 games they've played since the trade, Willy has only seen the floor in 10 of those games and only played garbage minutes in those games averaging less than 6 minutes a game which is actually LESS than what he was getting here.

10 out of 16 is more than here.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,333

Post#108 » by Phish Tank » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:59 pm

Greenie wrote:
adjacent2bench wrote:Remember summer time when KP was posting vids of him working on his game and Willy was posting pics of him on Yachts, weddings, and beaches in Spain? He's not a hard worker. Didn't do anything to get better. Rested on his laurels. Won't be surprised if he goes back to Europe.

So posting pics in the gym means hard work?

You know Iman loves the gym...

i thought he loved how to spit terrible bars
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Re: RE: Re: Coach Clifford rips Hernangomez's game, Hernangomez rips Knicks' player development! 

Post#109 » by HEZI » Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Greenie wrote:
HEZI wrote:
GONYK wrote:Before last night, he's played 44 mins total for them.

Yeah, out of the 16 games they've played since the trade, Willy has only seen the floor in 10 of those games and only played garbage minutes in those games averaging less than 6 minutes a game which is actually LESS than what he was getting here.

10 out of 16 is more than here.

Really? He played in 9 out of the first 16 games at the start of the season here and averaged way more minutes. I don't know how you can pretend he's getting treated better over there when despite not getting playing time, his coach just basically came out and admitted publicly that he sucks.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#110 » by whocares1 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:37 am

Are We Ther Yet wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21
RealGM
And1: 39,071

Post#111 » by 2010 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:49 am

whocares1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

And not a single point the entire 2nd half.

1: Young | Thompson | Vincent
2: Vassell | Mann | Primo | Butler
3: Murphy III | Hunter | Lewis
4: Wembanyama | Bridges | Wood
5: Gobert | Bitadze | Porter
Greenie
RealGM

Post#112 » by Greenie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:49 am

:lol:

Spoiler:
:waaa:
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#113 » by MaseInYourFace » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 am

whocares1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
Oscirus wrote:
If Frank is bitching, yea he should shut the **** up.

He's playing more there then he is here, yet Clifford is openly questioning his work ethic. That should tell you something.

I dunno. I wouldn't be so sure he'll figure it out. He's already kinda developed a rep for being a bit of a slacker.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#114 » by seren » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:37 pm

I guess Willy is really a douchebag because watching that video, dude looks like someone who can make plays, fast decision making, finesse finishing, passing like a guard and making the corner three.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#115 » by Sark » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:17 pm

At least we have second round picks in 2020 and 2021.
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,310

Post#116 » by GEOLINK » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:26 pm

whocares1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:
whocares1 wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sigh...
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM

Post#117 » by Jalen Bluntson » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:00 am

GEOLINK wrote:
whocares1 wrote:
Are We Ther Yet wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Sigh...

Ugh. He's Kanter lite? Fire Jeff!! I hate the way this and Noah went down. Perry looking a little suspect. I'll wait and see if Billy really becomes anything but, I don't like the way this was handled.
whocares1
General Manager
And1: 5,975

Post#118 » by whocares1 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:15 am

blueNorange wrote:willy to luka "i'm your bff, trust me kristaps is second"

willy to kristaps "i'm your bff, trust me luka is second"

yet to kristaps and luka, willy isn't even their first, second, third, or tenth best friend.

Read on Twitter

They're definitely not close at all. You're always right bno.

Return to New York Knicks