ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: Drop a Molly in Heffe's drink

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,310

Re: PG Thread: Drop a Molly in Heffe's drink 

Post#121 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:41 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Jeff deserves another shot next season, this roster is garbage and we know no coaches can win with this group.

Jeff is hot trash. What has he done to deserve another chance? Forget the wins and losses...what has he done positive with the cards he was dealt?

Got Willy jettisoned? Snuffed Noah at practice? Instilled a semblance of defensive identity, or ANY identity? Built a "culture" of hard work and accountability? Implemented any sort of an offensive system? Developed young players? Set the Knicks up for a nice draft pick?

The loyalty some posters here have for Jeff is puzzling. I think it's more they want to point out the sh*t roster. I can get that part. But Jeff brings his own suck to the table.

Knicks will hire Mark Jackson though. Because he's not good but they figure his name will appeal for 40-50 year old fans with the most $. The casual unknowledgeable fan with the most disposable income.
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,044

Post#122 » by Sark » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:49 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:Jeff deserves another shot next season, this roster is garbage and we know no coaches can win with this group.

Jeff is hot trash. What has he done to deserve another chance? Forget the wins and losses...what has he done positive with the cards he was dealt?

Got Willy jettisoned? Snuffed Noah at practice? Instilled a semblance of defensive identity, or ANY identity? Built a "culture" of hard work and accountability? Implemented any sort of an offensive system? Developed young players? Set the Knicks up for a nice draft pick?

The loyalty some posters here have for Jeff is puzzling. I think it's more they want to point out the sh*t roster. I can get that part. But Jeff brings his own suck to the table.

Knicks will hire Mark Jackson though. Because he's not good but they figure his name will appeal for 40-50 year old fans with the most $. The casual unknowledgeable fan with the most disposable income.

I don't like Jeff as a coach, but I wouldn't mind keeping him for the last year of his contract. We're gonna be terrible again next year, so we need a patsy to lead us into the lottery again. No sense in bringing in a new coach for the lackluster lineup we'll trot out without KP, just to lose. The new regime deserves to start with a healthy KP.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,924

Post#123 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:36 pm

Read on Twitter

this is interesting. so some of these calls are not necessarily jeff's.
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#124 » by N Y K » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:59 pm

Well damn... Feel better Sham...
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#125 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:03 pm

N Y K wrote:Well damn... Feel better Sham...

i feel fine....i don't watch the knicks no more :lol:
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#126 » by F N 11 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:03 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not his call? I’m afraid this runs deeper if this is true.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#127 » by dakomish23 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:04 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

Perry’s trade so you know they want it to look like a good one.

It’s going to be more Mudiay & THJ next year.

The goal is to look like you know what you’re doing. If Frank was picked by either, he’d be starting probably.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#128 » by dakomish23 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:06 pm

Sark wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote: Jeff is hot trash. What has he done to deserve another chance? Forget the wins and losses...what has he done positive with the cards he was dealt?

I don't like Jeff as a coach, but I wouldn't mind keeping him for the last year of his contract. We're gonna be terrible again next year, so we need a patsy to lead us into the lottery again. No sense in bringing in a new coach for the lackluster lineup we'll trot out without KP, just to lose. The new regime deserves to start with a healthy KP.

And a new FO

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,920

Post#129 » by F N 11 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

The goal is to look like you know what you’re doing. If Frank was picked by either, he’d be starting probably.

Jesus this organization would never get it. No wonder Kanter, Beasley, and Hardaway logging so much minutes lol.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#130 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:09 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

perry has a connection to burke too i thought. or is that mills ? it certainly doesn't seem like they have a big mental investment in frank. you're right about that.
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,015

Post#131 » by Besart19 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:47 pm

I would do Kemba and their pick for our pick, Mudiay and Timmy

Who cant play defense doesnt belong here... Kanter leading the list along with two abovementioned...

Lee, Kanter and Chi 2nd for Jabari and filler

Kemba / Burke / Jack
Ntilikina / Hezonja / Baker
LD or MB / T-Will / Dotson
Parker / Harkless / Thomas
Porzingis / O'Quinn / Noah

Mayes, Hayes, Hicks and Kornet in SL and camp invites
Strength and Honour!
Besart19
RealGM

Post#132 » by Besart19 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:51 pm

god shammgod wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Read on Twitter

perry has a connection to burke too i thought. or is that mills ? it certainly doesn't seem like they have a big mental investment in frank. you're right about that.

If Jeff is here next season we will see Frank playing like Jeff was being utilised during his playing career. A non-flashy PG who evolved into a SG playing along an orthodox PG with part time playmaking duties.

What is to be seen in that case is who's gonna run the point. Mudiay, Burke or a draftee
Strength and Honour!
N Y K
RealGM
And1: 8,451

Post#133 » by N Y K » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:57 pm

god shammgod wrote:
N Y K wrote:Well damn... Feel better Sham...

i feel fine....i don't watch the knicks no more :lol:

:lol:
Besart19
RealGM

Post#134 » by Besart19 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:57 pm

Mudiay
Hardaway
Beasley
Kanter

4 awful defenders in the starting lineup.
Burke
Ntilikina
Dotson
Williams
O'Quinn

This is a lineup we should start the games. But that can be unhealthy for our tanking
Strength and Honour!
GEOLINK
General Manager
And1: 8,312

Post#135 » by GEOLINK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:01 am

Besart19 wrote:I would do Kemba and their pick for our pick, Mudiay and Timmy

I'll pass.
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#136 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:02 am

Wow...so...the FO wants more Mudiay? Stealth tank move? I am now worried that we have yet another clueless FO guy to go with Mills. They really told Jeff to give him a long leash? Were they ok with the Billy treatment? I guess so because...look how dirty they tried to do him.

The hope is waning fast. Perry is going to be another moron in a long line of Dolan/Mills disasters? I'll let this summer play out before I let the despair creep all of the way in to my soul.
:beer: RIP mags
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#137 » by dakomish23 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:19 am

Besart19 wrote:Mudiay
Hardaway
Beasley
Kanter

4 awful defenders in the starting lineup.
Burke
Ntilikina
Dotson
Williams
O'Quinn

This is a lineup we should start the games. But that can be unhealthy for our tanking

Would love to see that lineup for an extended period of time.

Would Mills lets THJ come off the bench if it isn’t a return from injury?

Spoiler:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

#FreeJimmit
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,815

Post#138 » by Adelheid » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:41 am

thebuzzardman wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:

Well said. Both the roster and the coach, including the staff...are crap. But if someone is a decent coach, his work should show on the court regardless of wins and losses. Jeff hasnt shown anything even measuring up to mediocre standards and I have a low bar of standard
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,308

Post#139 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:10 am

Adelheid wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote: Jeff is hot trash. What has he done to deserve another chance? Forget the wins and losses...what has he done positive with the cards he was dealt?

Well said. Both the roster and the coach, including the staff...are crap. But if someone is a decent coach, his work should show on the court regardless of wins and losses. Jeff hasnt shown anything even measuring up to mediocre standards and I have a low bar of standard

Yeah man. I'm a pretty patient dude and I'm done with Jeff. I was a supporter early this season. I liked how the team was playing on both sides. I thought he was doing a decent job working the kids in at first. Then December hit and he lost his fkn mind!! He looked like he was about to commit to the kids at the ASB. Then he lost his fkn mind again.

Dude looks like a moron right now. Hearing the FO wants an extended look at this mess with Mudiay is scaring me.
:beer: RIP mags
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,212

Post#140 » by Kampuchea » Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:18 am

Jeff was awesome in Phoenix.

Return to New York Knicks