ImageImageImageImageImage

PG Thread: Drop a Molly in Heffe's drink

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,672

Re: PG Thread: Drop a Molly in Heffe's drink 

Post#81 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:57 pm

robillionaire wrote:Once again we were played for suckers, the season was a waste, we were told we were getting a rebuild but vets got all the minutes even when the season is over. There was no player development and the young players are goi to leave the season looking worse than when the season started. Season ticket holders should have ground for a class action lawsuit to get some of their money back

of course its the same poppy cock every year...mills/perry will talk about well we just can't lose and play all the young guys because we want to build a culture.

Yet letting Kanter/Beasley get destroyed game in and game out on defense or Timmy jacking up 3's....is building a culture...exactly what culture are we building???
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#82 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:17 pm

Frank had a sh*t game. I'll assume 3/4's of the posts in the post game thread are Kinglee and Redvines, and the rest are Mpharris36 telling them they are FOS.

:D
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,132

Post#83 » by Capn'O » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:27 pm

seren wrote:Wally is a mouthpiece. It is clear the organization is not committed to Ntilikina at all. I am pretty convinced he will be traded for a pick in the draft. Remember Ntilikina is Phil's guy. Nobody else in the organization cares about him beyond his immediate trade value.

We would regret it.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
shtolky
Head Coach
And1: 4,688

Post#84 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Capn'O wrote:
seren wrote:Wally is a mouthpiece. It is clear the organization is not committed to Ntilikina at all. I am pretty convinced he will be traded for a pick in the draft. Remember Ntilikina is Phil's guy. Nobody else in the organization cares about him beyond his immediate trade value.

We would regret it.

Yea I mean there is no indication that the team isn't committed to Frank, at all. Post all-star break his minutes are up, shot attempts are up, he's getting recognition for elite level defense, etc. Just because Jeff has sucked managing his minutes recently doesn't mean we aren't committed to Frank. I highly doubt we are going to dump him after one season for a draft pick. Would make zero sense unless someone is willing to trade a lotto pick which wouldn't happen in a million years.

He's only averaging 4 less mpg post all-star break than Fox, Tatum, and Jackson.
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,207

Post#85 » by seren » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:49 pm

shtolky wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

We would regret it.

Yea I mean there is no indication that the team isn't committed to Frank, at all. Post all-star break his minutes are up, shot attempts are up, he's getting recognition for elite level defense, etc. Just because Jeff has sucked managing his minutes recently doesn't mean we aren't committed to Frank. I highly doubt we are going to dump him after one season for a draft pick. Would make zero sense unless someone is willing to trade a lotto pick which wouldn't happen in a million years.

He's only averaging 4 less mpg post all-star break than Fox, Tatum, and Jackson.

So you would be fine if we trade him for 13 or 14th pick? Those are technically lottery picks too. I actually see a bunch of teams willing to trade for Frank at that range.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,999

Post#86 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:50 pm

well damn. nobody even cares to post about this team anymore. i think this is the most disheartening season ever. i have pretty much quit watching this team and i've never done that before. my feeling is, they aint gonna figure it out. i won't even blame mills and perry (who do suck). but no matter who they have in charge they will always do something stupid. the only hope this franchise is ever gonna have is that they get lucky one draft, move up and draft a franchise talent. until then i won't stress for a second about the knicks. because this franchise aint sh*t.
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#87 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:51 pm

seren wrote:
shtolky wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
We would regret it.

So you would be fine if we trade him for 13 or 14th pick? Those are technically lottery picks too. I actually see a bunch of teams willing to trade for Frank at that range.

You're right, I should clarify. I meant the only way we would even have a discussion with a team is if they included a lotto pick. I wouldn't trade him for the 13th or 14th pick, absolutely not.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#88 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:51 pm

Capn'O wrote:

We would regret it.

lol at getting a pick in the draft. unless you mean something like the 20th pick.
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#89 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:51 pm

god shammgod wrote:well damn. nobody even cares to post about this team anymore. i think this is the most disheartening season ever. i have pretty much quit watching this team and i've never done that before. my feeling is, they aint gonna figure it out. i won't even blame mills and perry (who do suck). but no matter who they have in charge they will always do something stupid. the only hope this franchise is ever gonna have is that they get lucky one draft, move up and draft a franchise talent. until then i won't stress for a second about the knicks. because this franchise aint sh*t.

That already happened in 2015. Maybe the moving up part happens this year.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#90 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:54 pm

shtolky wrote:
god shammgod wrote:well damn. nobody even cares to post about this team anymore. i think this is the most disheartening season ever. i have pretty much quit watching this team and i've never done that before. my feeling is, they aint gonna figure it out. i won't even blame mills and perry (who do suck). but no matter who they have in charge they will always do something stupid. the only hope this franchise is ever gonna have is that they get lucky one draft, move up and draft a franchise talent. until then i won't stress for a second about the knicks. because this franchise aint sh*t.

i like kp. he's the only player here worth sh*t. but he falls off after 2 months every year. now he had a major injury. so who knows if it actually happened.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#91 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:57 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Frank had a sh*t game. I'll assume 3/4's of the posts in the post game thread are Kinglee and Redvines, and the rest are Mpharris36 telling them they are FOS.

i don't even fight it anymore...frank did have a bad game last night. Still doesn't excuse the lack of playing time which is my main issue. This season can't get done fast enough...

ROSTER

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 91,132

Post#92 » by Capn'O » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:59 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:

We would regret it.

lol at getting a pick in the draft. unless you mean something like the 20th pick.

It would be infinitely stupid to move a 3-year project player in year 1. As you say - nobody will pay for potential. Just develop him ffs so if he hits his potential we get the value.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
shtolky
Head Coach

Post#93 » by shtolky » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:59 pm

god shammgod wrote:
shtolky wrote:

i like kp. he's the only player here worth sh*t. but he falls off after 2 months every year. now he had a major injury. so who knows if it actually happened.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's still only 22. History shows (recent history too) that ACL tears are completely fixable and recoverable, even for those much older than 22. He and Frank are the only two players worth a damn, and that's all that we really need right now. 22 and 19. Discard everything else, hit this draft pick, and build. Will we have the patience to do it?
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,313

Post#94 » by thebuzzardman » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:02 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:Frank had a sh*t game. I'll assume 3/4's of the posts in the post game thread are Kinglee and Redvines, and the rest are Mpharris36 telling them they are FOS.

i don't even fight it anymore...frank did have a bad game last night. Still doesn't excuse the lack of playing time which is my main issue. This season can't get done fast enough...

Only way to consider it, rookies are going to lay eggs every X amount of games. Smith Jr, Frank, Monk, all doing it to one extent or the other. On the one hand, let them play through it. On the other, maybe they consider that he's getting a good amount of minutes based on his age and they pull him from situations they think will hurt confidence in the long haul. Not an agenda post here, just that's all I can come up with for the approach that might make sense and wouldn't be a bad thing.
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#95 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:03 pm

shtolky wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
shtolky wrote:

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's still only 22. History shows (recent history too) that ACL tears are completely fixable and recoverable, even for those much older than 22. He and Frank are the only two players worth a damn, and that's all that we really need right now. 22 and 19. Discard everything else, hit this draft pick, and build. Will we have the patience to do it?

it's easy to say that. much harder to do. especially at 8 or 9.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#96 » by mpharris36 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:03 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Only way to consider it, rookies are going to lay eggs every X amount of games. Smith Jr, Frank, Monk, all doing it to one extent or the other. On the one hand, let them play through it. On the other, maybe they consider that he's getting a good amount of minutes based on his age and they pull him from situations they think will hurt confidence in the long haul. Not an agenda post here, just that's all I can come up with for the approach that might make sense and wouldn't be a bad thing.

could be but the simpler answer is Jeff doesn't doesn't appreciate what Frank brings to the table (sure he's had plenty of ups and down) but quick hooks don't help confidence...and we all know the fate of Jeffy boy after game 82...

ROSTER

god shammgod
RealGM

Post#97 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
We would regret it.

It would be infinitely stupid to move a 3-year project player in year 1. As you say - nobody will pay for potential. Just develop him ffs so if he hits his potential we get the value.

it's pointless to trade him even if they don't believe in him. it was also pointless to commit to koq on a new deal over willy, who i don't even think is sh*t. so.....bye frank.
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#98 » by El Poochio » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:06 pm

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,600

Post#99 » by El Poochio » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:09 pm

god shammgod wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
god shammgod wrote:

it's pointless to trade him even if they don't believe in him. it was also pointless to commit to koq on a new deal over willy, who i don't even think is sh*t. so.....bye frank.

Give me 100k I will reveal you Wingo's identity

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#100 » by god shammgod » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:09 pm

u had noah who you're stuck with. u had willy young and cheap. and you had kanter who is making big money for this and next. the most obvious trade ever in existence was dumping koq even if it was just for a 2nd. but....no.

Return to New York Knicks